PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race?

steveaki13
25th July 2010, 15:20
I think Massa gets driver of the race.

Other mentions for Kubica and Petrov

Dave B
25th July 2010, 15:22
Massa. Phenomenal start and withstood the pressure of Alonso, even if (and it's a big "if") the Spaniard was faster. Then came the phone call...

UltimateDanGTR
25th July 2010, 15:24
Massa, even if he looked slower than his team mate, he held him back until he had no option to.

other than that, no driver really stands out to me this afternoon.

gloomyDAY
25th July 2010, 15:24
Massa. He was haulin' and kickin' butt the whole race.

Then, Rob Smelly told him to pull over for Alonsita.

steveaki13
25th July 2010, 15:26
Yer Alonso MAY have been a tad faster but I think had the race been aload to continue then he could have defended and kept him behind and won the race. Being just 1 tenth faster doesn't mean you derserve to pass.

driveace
25th July 2010, 15:26
Massa,was the man today,but he was MUGGED very badly,Lewis drove a good race in a car that is clearly half asecond off the red bulls,maybe Ferrari,s are cheating!

Ent
25th July 2010, 15:27
Massa for me as well.

christophulus
25th July 2010, 15:27
Massa, great race. Sadly I reckon he'll fade back to being a number two driver after this, his confidence will be gone.

markabilly
25th July 2010, 15:28
massa

markabilly
25th July 2010, 15:29
Massa, great race. Sadly I reckon he'll fade back to being a number two driver after this, his confidence will be gone.
or he will be severly reminded of being number 2 by Ferrari management

steveaki13
25th July 2010, 15:35

I reckon Massa should nurf Alonso off into turn 1 in Hungary. :eek:

Koz
25th July 2010, 15:36
Massa.

ioan
25th July 2010, 15:36
Felipe. He was fairly beating Mr. '6tenths' Alonso until the team decided to tie both his hands.

ioan
25th July 2010, 15:38
I reckon Massa should nurf Alonso off into turn 1 in Hungary. :eek:

He should have done it today after the order came.
That would have been a great statement to the team. Now I hate it that Mosley is not the FIA president anymore.

truefan72
25th July 2010, 15:39
easy massa
brilliant start, managed the race and then got screwed out of victory to let mr.crybaby win.

Robinho
25th July 2010, 15:45
would have been Massa if he hadn't been so eager to pull his pants down on request of the team. He doesn't need Ferrari that much, he's good enough to get a drive somewhere else, but he needed to show balls today and stand up fro himself.

Otherwise tricky, both McLarens raced well, Vettel no, bothced the start, Kubica was decent but unispiring.

So i give it to no-one

Wasted Talent
25th July 2010, 17:04
Felipe. He was fairly beating Mr. '6tenths' Alonso until the team decided to tie both his hands.

I agree with Ioan - very rare I know!!

Had gotten over initial problems with the harder tyres and was pulling away until traffic and the illegal team orders..........

WT

rohanweb
25th July 2010, 17:04
Felipe massa without a doubt, even his tyres werent working well he kept it going and he should have won. that was the right thing to have happened to day, but it wasnt

Ranger
25th July 2010, 17:08
Massa. He's been nowhere all year but he thoroughly deserved to win today.

HoldenCaulfield
25th July 2010, 17:24
Massa,
the "best driver in the world" couldn't have pass him on merit.

Tazio
25th July 2010, 19:54
Just watched the replay both Fred and Felipe looked equally punishing. Vettel did a great job to to hang in with them. :s ailor:

Mia 01
25th July 2010, 20:51
felipe massa!

Saint Devote
25th July 2010, 21:09
Jense for being the best on the soft tyres :-]

Alonso for understanding F1.

Saint Devote
25th July 2010, 21:15
Massa,
the "best driver in the world" couldn't have pass him on merit.

Alonso was quicker and Ferrari did not want a contest that would threaten a 1 - 2 victory.

People can complain and moan but remember this: when you pay the bills, you always view things in stark light.

Ferrari HAD to have the best result and the risk to have Alonso pass Massa in contest was correctly not acceptable.

Shalafi
25th July 2010, 21:22
Alonso was quicker and Ferrari did not want a contest that would threaten a 1 - 2 victory.

People can complain and moan but remember this: when you pay the bills, you always view things in stark light.

Ferrari HAD to have the best result and the risk to have Alonso pass Massa in contest was correctly not acceptable.

They would not have threaten their 1-2 even without team orders. But they had a cry from Alonso and a text message from Santander and...

Robinho
25th July 2010, 21:28

the race showed that relatively equal cars could not run for more than a lap or 2 at closer than 1 and half seconds, there were hardly any passing moves, especially amongst the front guys. barring a mistake Massa had the race bought and paid for. whether Alonso had more pace or not is irrelevant, track position is key. Webber couldn't pass Jenson, jenson couldn't pass Lewis, no-one could pass Kubica. i see no reason why Alonso was suddenlt going to manage to pass Massa in the same car after 50 odd laps when they were only a few seconds apart

Mia 01
25th July 2010, 21:31

The WMSC will take this nota bene.

F1boat
25th July 2010, 21:39
Both Ferrari drivers were very quick today, Alonso seemed slightly faster, though, so I'd be unpopular and say Alonso.

ioan
25th July 2010, 21:39
the race showed that relatively equal cars could not run for more than a lap or 2 at closer than 1 and half seconds, there were hardly any passing moves, especially amongst the front guys. barring a mistake Massa had the race bought and paid for. whether Alonso had more pace or not is irrelevant, track position is key. Webber couldn't pass Jenson, jenson couldn't pass Lewis, no-one could pass Kubica. i see no reason why Alonso was suddenlt going to manage to pass Massa in the same car after 50 odd laps when they were only a few seconds apart

That pretty much sums it up.

ioan
25th July 2010, 21:40
Both Ferrari drivers were very quick today, Alonso seemed slightly faster, though, so I'd be unpopular and say Alonso.

He sure deserves the whiner of the race title.

Jag_Warrior
25th July 2010, 21:55
Alonso. He convinced the greatest team in the racing world to GIVE him a victory.

j/k :p Massa by a mile!

HoldenCaulfield
26th July 2010, 13:23

I would attempt to counter that, but sadly that would require me caring about your opinion.

SGWilko
26th July 2010, 13:43

Yep, sums it up - Onslo cannot race fairly.

The best result for the TEAM was a 1-2. They already had that in the bag from the 1st corner.

ShiftingGears
26th July 2010, 16:06
The best result for the TEAM was a 1-2. They already had that in the bag from the 1st corner.

The best result for the team is the drivers and constructors championship. Massa, realistically speaking, will not win the WDC. And Alonso's chances get smaller with every point Massa takes off him.

SGWilko
26th July 2010, 16:30
The best result for the team is the drivers and constructors championship. Massa, realistically speaking, will not win the WDC. And Alonso's chances get smaller with every point Massa takes off him.

And if the results are struck from the records, or they get race suspensions?

That will be an own goal!

ShiftingGears
26th July 2010, 16:38
And if the results are struck from the records, or they get race suspensions?

That will be an own goal!

Yes, but they probably won't, and it is a rule that many teams have broken and will continue to do so.

SGWilko
26th July 2010, 16:39
Yes, but they probably won't, and it is a rule that many teams have broken and will continue to do so.

We'll have to wait and see on that one.

ShiftingGears
26th July 2010, 16:44
We'll have to wait and see on that one.

I bet it'll be a reprimand. They seem to be the flavour of the month.

woody2goody
26th July 2010, 22:24
I'm going to say... Kubica for finishing well, in a car which has struggled badly for pace all weekend.

2. Massa - great drive
3. Button - looked faster than Lewis for most of the race
4. Alonso - he did drive well, as much as it pains me to say it
5. Hamilton - good start and a good solid drive with no mistakes

:)