PDA

View Full Version : Toyota & F1

truefan72
23rd July 2010, 18:40
lol, another thread. I'm on a roll I guess...

So all this talk of Toyota and the durango guys, toyota and hispania, toyota maybe providing engines to teams, technical partnerships etc, makes me think that Toyota are sorta second guessing their decision to leave F1.

I think they should have stuck around, and apparently so do they.

steveaki13
23rd July 2010, 18:49
Couple of years as engine suppliers and they will think, hmmm... maybe we should give this F1 a go as a constructor :p

Josti
23rd July 2010, 18:53
But there're also reports that they consider WTCC or a WRC comeback. I think both suits them better than F1.

DazzlaF1
23rd July 2010, 20:58
Couple of years as engine suppliers and they will think, hmmm... maybe we should give this F1 a go as a constructor :p

Well they must be looking at it now seeing teams spending a lot less than the reported $500million a year budget Toyota had and being successful. And its not as if they didnt have a bad season in 2009, by their performances of years gone by, 2009 was one of their better seasons and after Abu Dhabi, I remember some of us were talking them up for better things in 2010.

And with Kobayashi on board, they could have groomed him into a new Sato in terms of popularity in Japan, popularity = big fanbase, big fanbase = lots of merchandise sales which also equals $$$ in the bank. Plus looking at Koba now with Sauber, they must be kicking themselves.

Seeing as the rumours are Hispania getting use of Toyota's base in Cologne, maybe a future buyout of them could get Toyota back in if they wanted to.

Mia 01
23rd July 2010, 21:08
Well they must be looking at it now seeing teams spending a lot less than the reported $500million a year budget Toyota had and being successful. And its not as if they didnt have a bad season in 2009, by their performances of years gone by, 2009 was one of their better seasons and after Abu Dhabi, I remember some of us were talking them up for better things in 2010.

And with Kobayashi on board, they could have groomed him into a new Sato in terms of popularity in Japan, popularity = big fanbase, big fanbase = lots of merchandise sales which also equals $$$ in the bank. Plus looking at Koba now with Sauber, they must be kicking themselves.

Seeing as the rumours are Hispania getting use of Toyota's base in Cologne, maybe a future buyout of them could get Toyota back in if they wanted to.

Probably the car they built for this year would have been in the upper midfield or higher depending on the drivers. Toyota will be back.

Jag_Warrior
23rd July 2010, 23:16
I think they pulled out prematurely.

truefan72
24th July 2010, 00:30

exactly, add to that the fact that all indications pointed to them having a pretty good car in place for 2010 and this looks like the honda situation without the happy ending ( or embarrassment) It is a shame to think that a good car is sitting collecting dust whereas the likes of HRT and Virgin are running around as movable chicanes. Don't get me wrong the more teams on the grid the better, just a shame to see good cars going to waste.

I think they pulled out prematurely.
ha ha good one