PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which of these moves Deserves a 1 race Suspension

slorydn1
23rd July 2010, 13:08
71fan has requested this poll, so I am putting it up for him

slorydn1
23rd July 2010, 13:10
Ill add the poll to this as soon as I can...I'm at work, and keep getting interupted....also having problems with my internet connection here

slorydn1
23rd July 2010, 13:26
Because I am a moron I messed up when I posted the poll and didn't make it multiple choice, and apparently I can't fix it now, sorry.

71Fan
23rd July 2010, 14:49
Thanks Slo.....Probably about the only thing you could do would be to take it down or lock it, and start over.

I've posted this poll to 4 different forums in hopes of getting a very rounded feeling for exactly what it is we (fans) think about rough driving. Certainly not scientific but all the time we hear NASCAR say it's fans want this or that and blah blah blah.

I will post the complete findings and perhaps a bit of op/ed in a week or two.
thanks again
mark

harvick#1
24th July 2010, 01:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi74sG6CK6k

need I say more :s mokin:

tstran17_88
24th July 2010, 06:37
Wreckers or checkers is the only correct answer...unless Jeff "Wonder Baby" Gordon is involved! :D

71Fan
24th July 2010, 18:18
Just to let ya know, here is how it's looking so far after combining all the different boards I put this up on...

Bump and run with wreck 1
Hook With Wreck 4
Any Move that Causes A Wreck 4
No Such Thing As Rough Driving Coming To The Checkers 13

Suprising that more folks aren't weighing in on this for as much media hype that Carl and Brad have gone through in the last week

Mark in Oshawa
25th July 2010, 04:26
I really would stop watching NASCAR if they just let everything go with the "No such thing as rough driving coming to the Checkers"

That is horse manure driving, and it was one of the things I so much hate about some people in NASCAR. If there are no rules in the last lap, well hell's bells, why wait til lap 200 to dump a guy? Get him quick in turn one in the first 15 laps. Maybe take him out on pit road. Oh I know, take him out under a caution!!!

Once you take away any policing of stupid driving (and that is what it is...stupid lazy driving), you might as well have them wearing wrestling tights and wearing masks at pre race intro's.

The whole skill of being a top driver is the ability to work your way through traffic and not do the bump and wreck. Bumping and nudging a guy up the groove is one thing....but the minute the other guy has his rad over his windshield, NASCAR should at least take a hard look at it. What Carl did last week was wrong....but I don't think Kes is any shrinking violet. IF Carl had just nudged the the Kez out of the groove and went on to just win without the carnage, THAT would have been skill.

Any dumb@ss can take someone out, just over drive the corner and dump the guy....

71Fan
25th July 2010, 06:03
My take so far....

It depends on who's doing the wrecking far more than what the infraction may be. But the results....even for as few respondents as there are....looks pretty clear:

Wrecks 9.....No Such Thing 13.....What is that? About 60 to 65% of the respondents don't see anything wrong at all with doing whatever it takes to cross the line first coming off of four.

Now does that say it's true of all nascar fans? Of course not. But if you simply presume that those who did not respond don't care, the end result is overwhelming.....Checkers Or Wreckers is what we prefer by a very wide margin, especially if it's our guy taking the checkers.

Meanwhile, I'll add the numbers up again mid-week and see if it's changed any.

call_me_andrew
26th July 2010, 03:32
I wouldn't call 60-40 a wide margin.

Mark in Oshawa
26th July 2010, 05:43

The fact a majority see nothing wrong with it just tells you about the mentality of a lot of NASCAR fans. They see nothing wrong with it of course until it is their guy that gets dumped, and then they want a beheading at the flag stand.

Racing is supposed to be hard, guys in NASCAR should be allowed to massage each other's fenders and give them nudges here and there...but on the last lap, you don't put a guy in to the fence or over drive and use him for a cushion.......but apparnetly more than half the fans see that as legit.

Brain dead talentless boobs can do that....

71Fan
27th July 2010, 19:25

No, it's not.....untill you figure in the lack of response. It's pretty much the same with any poll or election....those that really don't care, don't vote.

call_me_andrew
29th July 2010, 02:33
This isn't an actual election. Lazy people avoid may real elections if their satisfied with the status quo, but this is just an online poll. It's not as though people have to put pants on, sign their name, and press a button. If you don't care, it takes as much effort to vote on the matter as it does to navigate away from the page.

harvick#1
29th July 2010, 03:37
whats funny is that its been an outcry for a racing forum to have this.

the events that led up-to the Carl dumping Brad was pretty obvious, if this was any other driver, Carl would NOT have done that, but given Brads previous run ins with Carl and basically trying to do the bump and run in turn 1 and turn 2, he failed and got punished for it, Brad made just as dirty move as Carl did,

I'm sure if Brad knew Carl was gonna take out his rear quarter panel coming to the checkers, he would've got into Carl again in turns 3 and 4 to make sure he got away.

Carl felt like he was nearly cheated out of a win and did he had to do to make sure "one of the dirtiest drivers today" didnt get the win

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2010, 07:11
whats funny is that its been an outcry for a racing forum to have this.

the events that led up-to the Carl dumping Brad was pretty obvious, if this was any other driver, Carl would NOT have done that, but given Brads previous run ins with Carl and basically trying to do the bump and run in turn 1 and turn 2, he failed and got punished for it, Brad made just as dirty move as Carl did,

I'm sure if Brad knew Carl was gonna take out his rear quarter panel coming to the checkers, he would've got into Carl again in turns 3 and 4 to make sure he got away.

Carl felt like he was nearly cheated out of a win and did he had to do to make sure "one of the dirtiest drivers today" didnt get the win

And it is still wrong, even if I agree with you Keselowski pi$$es people off...

speedsville
21st August 2010, 21:01
And it is still wrong, even if I agree with you Keselowski pi$$es people off...

Also see last nights race, now why doesn't Kyle get some heat for taking out the 22?

Can it be a prejudice against Roush and Ford?

beachbum
22nd August 2010, 11:54
Also see last nights race, now why doesn't Kyle get some heat for taking out the 22?

Can it be a prejudice against Roush and Ford?Neither driver drives for Roush, so where did that come from?

As for the Kyle / Keselowski incident in the Nationwide race - Kyle just demonstrated that paybacks are a bit*h. Considering how many drivers Keselowski has clobbered and the earlier bump and run, someone was going to try to even the score. With the rules being as they are, I can't blame Kyle.

The poll results are another matter.

IMHO, the problem with the poll results is the poll itself. There are only specific actions listed such as bump and ruin and hooking another driver. What is missing is intent. Those actions can be benign or very serious depending on intent. Often accidents occur because of poor judgment such as a simple bump and run getting out of hand because the front drive backed off a little early or the rear driver misjudged the closing rate.

IMHO, wrecking another driver intentionally, regardless of how it is done, warrants sanction of some sort. But the problem is determining intent, which is very subjective. I suspect NASCAR doesn't want to get into that game and face the wrath of the fans arguing over intent, so they took the easy way out and turned a blind eye. They may bite them eventually.

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2010, 21:14

Can it be a prejudice against Roush and Ford?
umm Kyle drives a Toyota?

Kyle has never driven for Roush.....so if you are going to make a point, could you then make a relevent one?