PDA

View Full Version : No 3rd Ford

Alfa Fan
22nd July 2010, 15:38
Despite Touring Car Times "confirming" a third AON Focus from Snetterton, http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4889 , it has been confirmed in Autosport today there will only be two cars for the remainder of the season.

RMLCruzeing82
22nd July 2010, 20:15
wasn't expecting to see a 3rd Ford. so not surprised at all

Eurotech
22nd July 2010, 22:46
It's a shame but pretty predictable IMO...

Mr. Mister
23rd July 2010, 05:03
I'd rather they just focus on keeping the two cars as competitive as they have been rather than risk spreading their resources too thin with a third vehicle. They actually could contend for the title with some luck, so why change what's been successful?

RMLCruzeing82
23rd July 2010, 16:05
I'd rather they just focus on keeping the two cars as competitive

I'd rather they just "focus" <-----i get it

:laugh: :rotflmao:

Allyc85
23rd July 2010, 16:46
I'd rather they just focus on keeping the two cars as competitive as they have been rather than risk spreading their resources too thin with a third vehicle. They actually could contend for the title with some luck, so why change what's been successful?

Agreed :)

I always had my doubts it would happen, but its a shame its confirmed now.

peewhee
23rd July 2010, 21:42
Despite Touring Car Times "confirming" a third AON Focus from Snetterton, http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4889 , it has been confirmed in Autosport today there will only be two cars for the remainder of the season.
As the "confirmation" originated from Motorsport News, "It was always our plan to put another car out there and we are in a position to do it now," said Team Aon commercial manager Andy Constable to Motorsport News. That web-site only did what you normally do on here!

If you read the autosport story it does say that they had a third driver Henry Taylor lined-up for the drive, but have decided to concentrate on just the two cars!

PDS
23rd July 2010, 23:00
There was no real reason why a third car couldn't happen at Arena. Even after the car has been 'restricted' it was still the fastest car down the straight at the snetterton test by almost 10mph. Word is that it is not the best car around the twisty bits..

I'm sure one team will run three cars before the season is finished.

Allyc85
23rd July 2010, 23:18
10mph, bloody hell maybe JP does have something to moan about! Wonder what the advantage the diesels had? ;)

Dickie L'Amour
24th July 2010, 10:10

Don't you mean Motorsport News who they nicked it from (again)!!!!!!!!!!! Should be called cutandpaste.com.

Wasted Talent
24th July 2010, 15:21
10mph, bloody hell maybe JP does have something to moan about! Wonder what the advantage the diesels had? ;)

Plato wasn't complaining then was he??

WT

peewhee
24th July 2010, 18:47
Should be called cutandpaste.com.

Yes, but all news sites do it. Even the motorsport press do it. It's been going on for years.

It's just amazing that some people are allowed to do it and when others do it, it is wrong.. :confused:

Doesn't really bother me who reports it or even how many people report it, as long as we get to hear about it.

Eurotech
25th July 2010, 09:24
Tbh, I think we'll see a 3rd Aon Focus if they are in a position to win the championship, much like Anthony Reid at WSR and Gareth Howell at Team Dynamics a few years back.