PDA

View Full Version : More details on Dallara's Indy facility

NickFalzone
22nd July 2010, 03:53
http://www.indycar.com/var/photos/176105/NEWS_DETAIL.jpg

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/38698-dallaraand-39-s-u-s-tech-home-will-be-inviting/

champcarray
22nd July 2010, 17:51
The word "optimistic" comes to mind, but I definitely like the proposed hookup with local universities. That sounds very promising.

Chris R
22nd July 2010, 19:01
it seems like any of these things that involve gov't money are wildly overstated in order to wow the politicos and bureaucrats into saying "yes".... They talk about things that the developer would love to do but are not necessarily realistic like they are a "done deal"... then when it cost more than they expect or the planned "private enterprise support" does not materialize, you end up with a sturdy yet boring Butler building with some vending machines and a large window for the public to look in.... - which is just fine except that the public was told something very different.....

Chris R
22nd July 2010, 20:52
I also wonder if having the production facility in Indy will allow for more economical and practical factory repairs of damaged tubs etc.?? Where a team might have done work themselves before they might be more inclined to send it back to the factory and that might be a good income stream for Dallara too.....

ykiki
22nd July 2010, 22:03
If I've read things correctly, wouldn't Dallara also have an aero package available? Once they've completed their production run of safety cells, I'd think the potential for additional business for wings & aero kits would be there.

DanicaFan
22nd July 2010, 22:11
If I've read things correctly, wouldn't Dallara also have an aero package available? Once they've completed their production run of safety cells, I'd think the potential for additional business for wings & aero kits would be there.

Yes, Dallara will produce aerokits as well as the chassis. Teams and other manufacturers will all be able to produce aerokits as well.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd July 2010, 04:42
Though now that I think about it, if some of the current drivers are still there, the demand for new chassis may not drop off much at all. :p

KV will be good for a few more tubs than most teams...unless they realize One PT with no sponsors is still cheaper and more effective than Viso, Moraes and Sato with sponsors. Never in the course of this series and the ones before it have I seen one team tear up as much equipment as KV....