PDA

View Full Version : Hispania to firm up Toyota deal for 2011 within days

CNR
22nd July 2010, 00:22
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21072010/23/hispania-firm-toyota-deal-2011-days.html

Toyota is believed to be re-hiring engineers and designers and will make available to Hispania its extensive Cologne factory and facilities, as well as the designs of the TF110 – giving some substance to Karun Chandhok’s repeated if deliberately vague assertions that HRT has some ‘good plans’ ahead for 2011

maximilian
22nd July 2010, 00:58
It's pretty sad when a team has to hire someone else to build their initial car, and then would hire someone different again to build their next car, instead of finally building their OWN! :o

Would be REALLY sad if it turns out Yamamoto will be the fulltime driver on top of that!

Mia 01
22nd July 2010, 01:58
It will be a good deal for HRT.

Dave B
22nd July 2010, 07:48
If true, it does explain their sudden love-in with Yamamoto. There's no other reason to have him in the cockpit. Williams found to their detriment that their Toyota engine deal included a free Nakajima, and look how that worked out.

VkmSpouge
22nd July 2010, 08:07
A good move by Hispania to go after the Toyotas, those cars should move them up the grid. Question is how will they go about developing the car in 2011?
Considering Stefan Grand Prix came close to testing one of the cars during the off-season (I believe only a lack of tyres stopped them) what are the chances that Hispania will bring the Toyota TF110 to a race before the end of the season, if they get this deal?

ArrowsFA1
22nd July 2010, 09:05
Question is how will they go about developing the car in 2011?
Unless they find more money they won't. I don't really see how swopping a poor Dallara for an unproven, and undeveloped, Toyota design built in 2009 will help them in 2011.

Allyc85
22nd July 2010, 18:18
Well next years car cant be any worse than what they have now.

Im guessing the rear end will have to be re-designed though as surely the Toyota has a double defuser that is banned for 2011?

VkmSpouge
22nd July 2010, 19:17
Unless they find more money they won't. I don't really see how swopping a poor Dallara for an unproven, and undeveloped, Toyota design built in 2009 will help them in 2011.

The Toyota would be miles ahead of the Dallara this year and any improvements Hispania could make to the Dallara over the winter would be very unlikely to get it on the pace of that Toyota in 2011. It will be a step forward but effectively it is back to square one for the team.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd July 2010, 19:29
hopefully this will work out for HRT, and it would be nice to think of them as more respectiable entrants next year.

Retro Formula 1
22nd July 2010, 19:30
Where are the Villneuve team hoping to get a base car from. Surely they are not considering building it from scratch.

Either a team on the grid or ex-Toyota seems the only real option doesn't it?

Sonic
22nd July 2010, 20:50
To my count this is at least the third team to link itself with Toyota and look how well the other two outfits went!

I'll believe it when I see it but my general view of this is; if Toyota wanted to race the TF110 then they would have donw so, not sold it of to the next dreamy eyed fools who wanted to the an F1 team.

Robinho
23rd July 2010, 20:22
If true, it does explain their sudden love-in with Yamamoto. There's no other reason to have him in the cockpit. Williams found to their detriment that their Toyota engine deal included a free Nakajima, and look how that worked out.

they'd be a damn site better off with Nakajima in the car instead of Yamamoto, although i do think that Chandock and Senna are more than capable of doing a better job than either

Koz
24th July 2010, 03:06
Damn, I was hoping JV would have been able to get those cars... :(

Maybe once their entry is confirmed... I can't help but think HRT will not do well regardless, more so with Yamamoto.