PDA

View Full Version : Yamamoto Replaces Chandhok for Germany

N. Jones
17th July 2010, 15:18
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314

and

http://planet-f1.com/news/18227/6267113/Now-it-s-Chandhok-s-turn-to-be-dropped

HRT hurting for money so badly they have to bring Sakon back a second time??

DazzlaF1
17th July 2010, 15:49
Already mentioned it in the "Senna Out" thread :up:

N. Jones
17th July 2010, 22:22
Cool. Then I guess this is redundant.

Sorry about that!

steveaki13
18th July 2010, 08:31
If they are in desperate need of funds and Yamamoto can supply them, then I am amazed they haven't just put him in for the rest of the season.

Although obviously as a long term line up for 2011 and maybe beyond, Senna and Chandhok are a much better bet.

woody2goody
19th July 2010, 02:50
Well apparently they are evaluating 2011 drivers, so I expect Klien in the car at some point :)

ShiftingGears
19th July 2010, 03:27
Well apparently they are evaluating 2011 drivers, so I expect Klien in the car at some point :)

What was so good about Klien? He was beaten thoroughly by Coulthard and never showed anything in F1.

N. Jones
19th July 2010, 21:28
For one he has more F1 experience than Senna and Chandhok.

And for two - he is much better than Yamamoto.

DazzlaF1
19th July 2010, 21:34
For one he has more F1 experience than Senna and Chandhok.

And for two - he is much better than Yamamoto.

Much better than Yamamoto yes, but then again thats not saying much

He can provide much needed experience but like Squirrel said, during his short F1 career, he was at best Average and well and truly thumped by Coulthard in 2005 and early 2006

truefan72
19th July 2010, 21:36
I would rather klien not drive the hrt and doom his carer permanently. Hopefully he will find a seat with the new team next year as i think he was a much better driver than people gave him credit for.

As to Chandhock being out, it is a shame. I though he drove well and clearly this is about a money thing. This does not bode well for HRT and hopefully somebody with enough money buys the team and makes them a proper outfit.

rohanweb
19th July 2010, 21:39
much better means by how much from that car ? its a pointless exercise by HRT trying to find who is the fastest out of the four drivers yet they know they wont finish anywhere ahead of the lowerend rivals,

its all about money money money and they are just trying to survive,

life wont be anywhere like for the whole HRT team compared to the champagne flowing front end teams.. sad facts

DazzlaF1
19th July 2010, 21:41
I would rather klien not drive the hrt and doom his carer permanently. Hopefully he will find a seat with the new team next year as i think he was a much better driver than people gave him credit for.

As to Chandhock being out, it is a shame. I though he drove well and clearly this is about a money thing. This does not bode well for HRT and hopefully somebody with enough money buys the team and makes them a proper outfit.

I dont think its just about money, if you noticed at the British GP, the HRT cars sported a canny amount of Indian backers so its obvious Chandhok is delivering the goods in terms of sponsorship...but as it seems neither he or Senna are bringing more than Yamamoto's bank account. Added to this, I think that they've made the switch to make it look like Senna is not the one being cast aside.

And as for the team, if Epsilon Euskadi fail in the 13th team bid, I would'nt be suprised if they went and bought them out.

rohanweb
19th July 2010, 21:48
I dont think its just about money, if you noticed at the British GP, the HRT cars sported a canny amount of Indian backers so its obvious Chandhok is delivering the goods in terms of sponsorship...but as it seems neither he or Senna are bringing more than Yamamoto's bank account. Added to this, I think that they've made the switch to make it look like Senna is not the one being cast aside.

And as for the team, if Epsilon Euskadi fail in the 13th team bid, I would'nt be suprised if they went and bought them out.

british number 1 millionaire Luxmi mital is an indian origin should encourage indian talents like chandhok, if luxmi mital wants he can make an indian driver even drive for top team like ferrari.. but they wont do it, without solid profit in return mitals wont put their money in.

Dave B
27th July 2010, 16:05
It's been confirmed that Yamamoto stays on for Hungary, at the expense of Chandok.

Hopefully at least Karun will continue his 5 Live role, if nothing else.

DazzlaF1
27th July 2010, 16:32
It's been confirmed that Yamamoto stays on for Hungary, at the expense of Chandok.

Hopefully at least Karun will continue his 5 Live role, if nothing else.

Aye, he was pretty darn good alongside Crofty and Ant. Also quite suprised as to how much historical stuff he knew off the top of his head, he must be a walking F1 encylopedia :laugh:

But TBH as good as he was in the commentary box, he should be in the car, what exactly has Yamamoto done in the last 2 races to make Hispania think he merits another chance (excluding his wallet)

Allyc85
27th July 2010, 16:40
Well this confirms that the decision is purely based on money! How can they want to choose a driver that is not only slow but retires by pressing the wrong switch and not the brake bias!!

N. Jones
27th July 2010, 17:02
This is a bad decision driver wise but I guess a good decision money wise.
I hope the rumors are true and that they can use the former Toyota package. It may have not been a great car but it can get into the points.

steveaki13
27th July 2010, 17:13
I think Chandhok may find himself on the side in a few more races.

DazzlaF1
27th July 2010, 18:43
I think Chandhok may find himself on the side in a few more races.

I think he'll get himself a more secure drive elsewhere next season

keysersoze
27th July 2010, 19:56
What was so good about Klien? He was beaten thoroughly by Coulthard and never showed anything in F1.

Are we talking about the David Coulthard who's F1 career spanned 15 years and included 13 wins? The same David Coulthard who finished 2nd in the WDC once and 3rd four other times? Or some other David Coulthard? The one I'm thinking of was extremely quick and a hell of a racer--no shame losing to him.

But even more convincing is that the only time Klein ever got to drive the HRT--during a Friday morning practice--he beat Chandok by like a second. Karun was absolutely blown away by Christian's pace.

christophulus
27th July 2010, 22:06
They need someone who can develop the car, but I doubt their finances will allow that. Does it really matter who drives it, it's going to finish last anyway. As long as they survive (and improve) next year it'll be worth it.

Plus Chandhok did a great job on 5 live, will definitely tune in on Friday :)

woody2goody
28th July 2010, 00:01
Are we talking about the David Coulthard who's F1 career spanned 15 years and included 13 wins? The same David Coulthard who finished 2nd in the WDC once and 3rd four other times? Or some other David Coulthard? The one I'm thinking of was extremely quick and a hell of a racer--no shame losing to him.

But even more convincing is that the only time Klein ever got to drive the HRT--during a Friday morning practice--he beat Chandok by like a second. Karun was absolutely blown away by Christian's pace.

Klien's very good IMO. I reckon he's got the potential to be as good as, say Nick Heidfeld (who needs a bloody drive for 2011!) :)

This is where I think Klien helps the team - at least he has an idea about what a good car is supposed to be like. He can also push the HRT harder than Senna and Chandhok because he will have more confidence in his own limits in an F1 car.

Anubis
28th July 2010, 00:08
One assumes they've long since given up on developing the car and are just trying to stay in the black in order to be in with a shout of making the grid next season. Out of interest, is there a rule regarding how many driver changes a team can make in a season for reasons other than force majeure? I had in my mind you could only use three drivers in any one season, but I have no idea if that's the case?

Saint Devote
28th July 2010, 01:13

Great that Bruno gets to continue rather than no-name Karun. Even in a competitive car Chandok was not great whereas Senna fought for the GP2 title and there is interest in him from endurance teams as well as the DTM.

I dont understand the love affair here with the Indian driver?

There is nothing anyone can do with the dreadful HRT - its rubbish. The name Senna also resonates far better for the team as well.

Ari
28th July 2010, 01:29
Cha ching!

HRT being this broke is bad for the sport and dangerous that they will put a guy in the seat purely for cash. F1 should be past this.

Saint Devote
28th July 2010, 01:39
Cha ching!

HRT being this broke is bad for the sport and dangerous that they will put a guy in the seat purely for cash. F1 should be past this.

First of all if a driver has a Superlicense then he qualifies to be an f1 driver.

Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pay drivers and I am sure you are aware even Schumacher had to arrive with backing.

And with HRT it is not exactly that Chandok is some poor incredible driver - he is less than accomplished driver and comes from a VERY wealthy background in India with direct connections to Indian racing and the Indian Grand Prix aspirations.

If Chandok was any good he would find people to back him.

AndyL
28th July 2010, 11:40
One assumes they've long since given up on developing the car and are just trying to stay in the black in order to be in with a shout of making the grid next season. Out of interest, is there a rule regarding how many driver changes a team can make in a season for reasons other than force majeure? I had in my mind you could only use three drivers in any one season, but I have no idea if that's the case?

The limit is 4 unless, as you say, for reasons of force majeure.

N. Jones
30th July 2010, 03:06
I agree with someone up above that HRT has probably stopped developing the car so that they can use those funds to keep the team running.

All we can really do is wait and see what Mr. Carbante (sp?) can do about his bankroll.

maximilian
31st July 2010, 06:36
Great that Bruno gets to continue rather than no-name Karun. Even in a competitive car Chandok was not great whereas Senna fought for the GP2 title and there is interest in him from endurance teams as well as the DTM.

Then he should GO to DTM or endurance, because he's done nothing to warrant staying in F1.

I dont understand the love affair here with the Indian driver?

I don't understand your love affair with Senna :D Senna came with a hyped name after losing to Giorgio Pantano (!), and hasn't lived up to it. Chandhok came as a nobody whom everyone was writing off as a pay driver, and has proven that he can more than match his overrated team mate. Of all the rookies this year, I feel he has done possibly the best job, given the dismal equipment he has to deal with. Then again, it's been a pretty horrid season for rookie performances. They pretty much all stayed well under their expectations. Just like Senna. ;)

Roamy
1st August 2010, 04:10
At this rate Yamamoto is going to get schumachers seat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave B
1st August 2010, 09:41
At this rate Schumacher's going to get Yamamoto's seat.... :erm:

:p

woody2goody
3rd August 2010, 00:00
Am I the only one that thinks Yamamoto did a good job this weekend?

He had a good qualifying, and of course his race pace is going to suffer after 2 and a half years out.

I also think that HRT need to concentrate their funds on next year's car. Write this one off, MAYBE bring one more small upgrade, but that's it.

Daniel
3rd August 2010, 00:59
Am I the only one that thinks Yamamoto did a good job this weekend?

Yes

woody2goody
3rd August 2010, 03:06
Yes

Harsh... :p

Dave B
20th August 2010, 13:16
Captain Slow's back in Chandhok's seat for Belgium, according to @NobleF1.

I am evil Homer
20th August 2010, 14:12
Excellent....maybe BBC can get Karun to be part of their coverage again :) Really enjoyed his insights last time.

Allyc85
20th August 2010, 14:48
Gutted was looking forward to seeing Chandock wrestle the HRT around Spa :(

Caroline
20th August 2010, 18:21
Excellent....maybe BBC can get Karun to be part of their coverage again :) Really enjoyed his insights last time.

I hope so too- I thought he was excellent.

Mia 01
20th August 2010, 19:17
He is back but will they be back next year.

Saint Devote
21st August 2010, 02:53
Yama-mama remains and it does look like Chandok is out permanently.

Senna is the better selection - in a dreadful car that clearly makes all drivers look bad, he was quicker, raced better and his technical feedback and involvement with the team was much better than Chandok.

And of course Senna has the name, the credentials and funding. The team are hghly pleased with Yamamoto.

Saint Devote
21st August 2010, 02:54

Some are better behind the mike than in the car .........

maximilian
25th August 2010, 12:31

Senna is the better selection - in a dreadful car that clearly makes all drivers look bad, he was quicker, raced better and his technical feedback and involvement with the team was much better than Chandok.

And of course Senna has the name, the credentials and funding. The team are hghly pleased with Yamamoto.
And don't forget that he also fought for the GP2 title years ago, losing only to international racing superstar Giorgio Pantano! :D

I am evil Homer
25th August 2010, 13:17
Some are better behind the mike than in the car .........

Indeed....Anthony Davidson being another!!

SGWilko
25th August 2010, 14:00
Indeed....Anthony Davidson being another!!

Being good behind the mike in order to articulate what happens behind the wheel would, I imagine, require one to be really rather adept at both.

I am evil Homer
25th August 2010, 14:38
Indeed but he's a far better commentator than he was a driver.

woody2goody
25th August 2010, 22:49

I'm still surprised Klien isn't driving.

By the sounds of it, Senna isn't bringing as much money as Sakon, so surely the best thing for the team is Klien and Yamamoto - speed and funding (and some speed, eventually).