View Full Version : Audi's New Livery

harvick#1
6th March 2007, 22:20
http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3256&mode=&order=0&thold=0

looks great :D

1LM1
6th March 2007, 22:33
Not so bad.
Funny coincidence that Audi and Peugeot unveiled the livery the same day. :)

Tom206wrc
6th March 2007, 23:01
Not bad but I still prefer closed prototypes !! :p :

tannat
7th March 2007, 01:15
Miss seeing Champion's livery on the grid....

harvick#1
7th March 2007, 01:22
considering Team Champion is running the NA operations, I wish they would run that fantastic livery

LeonBrooke
8th March 2007, 07:04
What struck me from those photos is how short Vanina Ickx is...

1LM1
8th March 2007, 09:51
I wonder if she stands a chance to get a drive in the third Audi R10 at Le Mans.
I bet she doesn't as I think the third car will be driven by Luhr/Rockenfeller/Premat but let's wait the official announcement.

1LM1
8th March 2007, 10:01
BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if Luhr/Rockenfeller/Premat won Le Mans this year. They are fast and with beginner's luck...

LeonBrooke
8th March 2007, 20:47
I wonder if she stands a chance to get a drive in the third Audi R10 at Le Mans.
I bet she doesn't as I think the third car will be driven by Luhr/Rockenfeller/Premat but let's wait the official announcement.

I'd like it if she does - she seems strong endurance races, and I like her :)

But, I fear that she'll never get a factory or a works-supported drive at Le Mans. But she should - she is good enough to win Le Mans if she had the right car.

1LM1
9th March 2007, 09:43
Yes she is probably good enough to win if in the right car at the right time. She is talented. I watched some DTM races on TV last year and she did very well with an old car so she is fast. No doubt.

LeonBrooke
9th March 2007, 09:55
Absolutely. Seventh-fastest in free practice for the 1000km of Spa in 2005 in a 2002 car, light-years faster than her team-mates. 'Nuff said :)

1LM1
9th March 2007, 10:14
Interesting. I didn't even know she had an experience in a prototype car.

I checked and I realise it was a Dallara Judd and she even reached the podium (after some retirements). Impressive considering her little experience then and the fact that this circuit is considered very difficult.

wedge
9th March 2007, 16:19
Yes she is probably good enough to win if in the right car at the right time. She is talented. I watched some DTM races on TV last year and she did very well with an old car so she is fast. No doubt.

Really?

She looked very slow and very poor in DTM compared to Susie Stottardt

LeonBrooke
11th March 2007, 06:41
Vanina is a good driver, especially in sports cars. Sure, Susie was quicker last year, but had Vanina been in a new car she would have performed well.

It's a pity she's still in a two-year-old car, otherwise she'd do very well :) and if she gets into an R10, she could win Le Mans.

Erki
11th March 2007, 09:47
It's a funny thing that only Kristensen is the one that can do equally good in both DTM and sportscars. Remember Biela's horrible 2004 DTM campaign when he didn't score a point? Pirro? McNish? Capello? And still they're damn fast in the R10.

Ickx drove in Rollcentre in LMES in 2005.

I don't know how short Ickx is, maybe shorter than Martin Short? :p But apparently Danica is shorter than 160cm too so I guess it isn't a big deal.(What, Danica and not a big deal? :p )

1LM1
11th March 2007, 11:21
Sometimes every driver (no matter how good he is) just does not get a good feeling with a particular car. In this case Biela with a DTM car.

In BTCC and in French Touring Car Championship, it was a completly different story. Biela was flying. So his DTM campaign could be the exception...

Funks
11th March 2007, 17:21
Apparently Ickx is 1.55 tall.

She should race for Minichamps. :p :