PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Bans Team Transporter Trailer Tractors from British GP?

Chev_350
16th July 2010, 04:31
The Australian magazine Auto Action, ran a story that Bernie had stopped the teams from having their (and this is Auto Action's words) Transporter Trailer Tractors from the track at the British GP as Bernie controls the advertising at the tracks and the team's sponsors are getting extra exposure.

Has anyone else heard this? And what exactly would they be talking about, surely they dont mean the car transporters, how else would they get the cars there?

Rusty Spanner
16th July 2010, 08:50
It's sort of clarified in this story
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85059
although it doesn't explain why it seems to only have become a problem all of a sudden. Teams have always branded their trucks and motorhomes. If I were a sponsor I'd expect them to.

See also
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138996

AndyL
16th July 2010, 13:03
Strange. Why now? As with most things Bernie says or does, this is part of a bigger picture I'm sure.

Somebody
16th July 2010, 21:32
Concorde Agreement renegotiatons start soon. Bernie's trying to mark his territory

wmcot
17th July 2010, 09:35
Bernie has a case of "transporter envy" :)

nigelred5
17th July 2010, 13:44
The teams constantly worry about sponsorship and then bernie want to remove anything he isnt in control from the padddock. What exactly does he think sponsors pay for??? They aren't paying just for space on the cars. That sinage helps teams pay the bills. As long as his bottom line looks good, he could care less. I think he'd be happy with a field of blank cars and driver uniforms he could digitally impose any sponsor that he chose if they paid him directly. The teams should load the haulers and roll in protest.

wmcot
19th July 2010, 08:54
The teams should load the haulers and roll in protest.

Yes. Right over Bernie! :)

nigelred5
19th July 2010, 22:33
Yes. Right over Bernie! :)

That would suit me just fine. He's well past his expiration date.

He must have one H#!! of an alimony payment.

Dave B
23rd July 2010, 09:22
The decision has somewhat backfired on Bernie at Hockenheim:

The funny thing about Allsport banning truck units from the paddock is they're now in camera shot on track thus getting more air time.

:laugh: