PDA

View Full Version : Dreyer & Reinbold Signs JR Hildebrand

DanicaFan
8th July 2010, 21:20
JR Hildebrand will be driving the #24 car for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing at Mid-Ohio and Infineon Raceway this year. Mid-Ohio is August 8th and Infineon is August 22nd. They havent announced a driver for Edmonton yet.

Scotty G.
8th July 2010, 23:28
About freakin' time.

I would guess that Scheckter will be in the car for the final 4 oval races of the year (although I woudn't be surprised if Beatriz gets into a car at Homestead).

Its all about who brings the coin though. D&R has had to do this, because Conway was financing a lot of this ride. When he went to the disabled list, the funding for this car was lacking.

Jag_Warrior
9th July 2010, 03:37
Bruno Senna just lost his F1 ride. I'm just sayin'... :dozey:

naracingfan
9th July 2010, 09:30
Good to see new young Americans coming to IICS.

MDS
9th July 2010, 16:19
Bruno Senna just lost his F1 ride. I'm just sayin'... :dozey:

Naw, he just got benched for one race.

bblocker68
9th July 2010, 18:14
So glad to see JR in a seat. The kid is fast, nice and smart. WTG!!

SoCalPVguy
9th July 2010, 23:58
JR Hildebrand will be driving the #24 car for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing at Mid-Ohio and Infineon Raceway this year. Mid-Ohio is August 8th and Infineon is August 22nd. They havent announced a driver for Edmonton yet.

So how much will be beat the Princess by ??? LOL Good luck JR, be safe and hope you do well !!!

TURN3
10th July 2010, 01:05
Nothing agains JR, he has deserved this shot for awhile but...why wouldn't they go back to Rahal with a little experience? Supposedly, they were putting together a deal with him to do the rest of the season before it became musical Indycar. Good for JR though.

DanicaFan
10th July 2010, 04:12
So how much will be beat the Princess by ??? LOL Good luck JR, be safe and hope you do well !!!

Not going to happen so I dont have to worry about it. :)

GRW1983
10th July 2010, 11:51

Didn't Adam Carroll out-qualify and out-race her at Watkins Glen on his debut? Remember, she only finished ahead of TK, Romancini and Duno in the race and both TK and Romancini encountered last-lap dramas, so only finishing ahead of Milka Duno in a race is not something to shout about, is it? I think that JR Hildebrand will beat her at both Mid-Ohio and Sonoma, and if the rumours about Mike Conway returning at Sonoma are true, then I'd expect him to beat her as well. Just my opinion, but there you go.

SoCalPVguy
10th July 2010, 16:01

well we'll just see now won't we, be prepared to be held accountable.

TURN3
10th July 2010, 17:11
well we'll just see now won't we, be prepared to be held accountable.

Are you kidding, him accountable? He's still here after years of this crap. Way old.

Will Rogers
10th July 2010, 19:03
By continually adding a rotating list of ride buyers to their Dad's car, D&R may be helping their bottom line but they're hurting their on-track performance. Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance? This was a team that was supposed to try to break into the Penske and Ganassi dominance, but they've clearly given up hope of that and are just wasting everyone's time.

Chamoo
10th July 2010, 19:34
By continually adding a rotating list of ride buyers to their Dad's car, D&R may be helping their bottom line but they're hurting their on-track performance. Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance? This was a team that was supposed to try to break into the Penske and Ganassi dominance, but they've clearly given up hope of that and are just wasting everyone's time.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are giving up, and to say they were poised to break into the Penske/Ganassi grouping is a bit optimistic. They were set to be very competitive on road courses with a strong road course team, however, their oval prowess is still lacking a bit.

I think they are making the best of a bad situation. They needed to make quick changes within a week of Indy due to an injury, and admitted they were trying to get Graham under contract for the rest of the season, but that fell through it seems.

I have no issues with the way they are going about replacing Conway. It is giving guys a chance to get into the cockpit that otherwise wouldn't. If you think that putting Tomas Scheckter into that seat full time the rest of the year means that J.R. Hildebrand doesn't get his shot, I'm happier the way they are doing it so J.R. gets a chance.

Scotty G.
11th July 2010, 15:43
Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance?

We all know that answer. Its to take the checko's from the drivers. Its the Indy Car way.

Why are they doing this? They have to. Conway was funding the ride with his parent's checkbook (just like he did last year) and when he got hurt and car needed funding to keep running.

Scheckter is bringing money to get into the car. So was Tracy. So is Hildebrand. Whoever gets into the car at Edmonton will be bringing money. Its not about "competing" (although they could do a whole lot worse then the drivers that have financed them). Its about $$$$. Which is also the reason why 2 teams win almost all the races in this league (and have for years). Those are 2 of the only teams that are actually trying to compete on the track. The rest? Only with their words.

When Conway gets back, the "funding" for that ride will magically be back and the ride-swapping will end.

DanicaFan
11th July 2010, 16:20
If I was at D&RR I would have put Graham Rahal in the car and kept him there until Conway's return or the end of the season as I have said before.

NickFalzone
11th July 2010, 18:08
DF, I bet if it was your butt writing the checks you'd do exactly what D&R is doing. This is not a team with a ton of personal financing or sponsorship to keep writing checks outta their pocketbook. And besides, what would having Graham on the team do for them in the long term? Sure, here and there they might get a better result, but he certainly will not be racing for them full-season next year, and I have my doubts that he would do significantly better than guys like Scheckter on the ovals and Tracy on the roads/streets. They're getting some good guys into the cars while also keeping their finances in order. I have no issues with what D&R is doing. To me, it's not nearly as heinous of some of the stuff going on at KV.

vintage
13th July 2010, 20:55
Column by Hildebrand

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/jr-hildebrand-indycar-kick-the-tires-and-light-the-fires/

Placid
20th July 2010, 05:34
Any chances if he can get a deal set for an Indy Car team or will Cypher snatches JR from under him?