PDA

View Full Version : Senna out!

christophulus
8th July 2010, 19:04
Bruno Senna will not be racing this weekend at the British Grand Prix, the team having decided to replace the Brazilian with Japanese pay-driver Sakon Yamamoto. It seems that the decision was taken because the team wants money.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/senna-out-yamamoto-in/

ioan
8th July 2010, 20:10
No surprise.

UltimateDanGTR
8th July 2010, 20:34
Poor old Senna. but as stated above, no real surprise, something like this was coming eventually (though tbh, a bit quicker than I expected)

jonny hurlock
8th July 2010, 20:52
imo its sad for senna, he will get another drive in the future, and also Yamamoto is no better than the current drivers even worse, imo Klien should have the drive.

christophulus
8th July 2010, 21:24
Surprising really, I thought Senna only got the drive because of the sponsorship he brought. Have they defaulted on payment then?

Nikki Katz
8th July 2010, 21:39
I don't think that Senna brought any money, it sounded like Campos signed him in the hope that it would bring along a title sponsor for the team.
That's a shame, I think that with a bit more experience he could've been good. They need someone experienced in the car to iron out a few things, but someone good (i.e. not Yamamoto)

DazzlaF1
8th July 2010, 21:42
Surprising really, I thought Senna only got the drive because of the sponsorship he brought. Have they defaulted on payment then?

Either way its gutting for Senna but I guess if a team is desperate for cash and your sponsor has not been forthcoming, then there's not much else they can do.

He'll find a drive somewhere, same goes for Chandhok too, 2 decent rookie drivers saddled with a poor car.

truefan72
8th July 2010, 21:54
Either way its gutting for Senna but I guess if a team is desperate for cash and your sponsor has not been forthcoming, then there's not much else they can do.

He'll find a drive somewhere, same goes for Chandhok too, 2 decent rookie drivers saddled with a poor car.

pretty much sums it up

Barreis
8th July 2010, 22:53
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85082

VkmSpouge
8th July 2010, 22:54
A shame for Bruno Senna but I'm sure he will be picked up by a team higher up the grid at some point.
I wish Sakon Yamamoto the best and he's going to need it driving a Hispania.

CNR
9th July 2010, 00:51
No surprise.
yes it is
Karun Chandhok is the one with baking problems
is there not a rule preventing f1 teams from replacing both drivers in a season ?

Saint Devote
9th July 2010, 01:17
The pity was when Bruno lost out in Brawn's selection, not this. Exactly what has he lost not being at HRT? Nothing.

The greater pity is that a team like Mclaren cannot test and place someone like Senna in a third car and see how he goes.

The only reason Chandok WILL stay in f1 is because BCE wants an Indian driver in the Indian Grand Prix.

What does Bruno do now? He looks to see if there is a test drive available or he has a reconciliation with Mercedes and carves a decent career for himself in the DTM.

Yamamoto? HRT? This team has no business being in f1.

Ranger
9th July 2010, 01:59
Yamamoto has now raced in three teams despite acheiving f**k all. :\

Disappointing.

But it will be interesting to see how he fares.

Jag_Warrior
9th July 2010, 02:32
Well, it's a crap team anyway. Hopefully he got some attention, but I don't know that he impressed well enough to get picked up by a better team later on. I hope so, but these days, who knows?

Too bad for Bruno. :( But at least I've now got a team to root AGAINST! :)

gloomyDAY
9th July 2010, 02:35
Yamamoto is like a kiss of death.

Hispania is no more, thankfully.

woody2goody
9th July 2010, 03:43
imo its sad for senna, he will get another drive in the future, and also Yamamoto is no better than the current drivers even worse, imo Klien should have the drive.

Klien should have the drive but Yamamoto is decent so will probably do a bit better than senna. Senna is reasonable though and I hope he finds a drive somewhere in the future.

truefan72
9th July 2010, 07:28
Klien should have the drive but Yamamoto is decent so will probably do a bit better than senna. Senna is reasonable though and I hope he finds a drive somewhere in the future.

agreed klien should be driving, but then again, maybe it is better he doesn't in that god awful HRT car

TBH I never really kept a vigilant eye on the HRT drivers, but I do remember or 2 impressive outings by Karun Chandhok (relatively speaking) I can only guess that there were some internal disagreements along with the fact that Senna was more a Campos pick than the current HRT brass. I would not be surprised if stories start floating to the surface in the next few days.

RS
9th July 2010, 08:10
This has all got to be to do with money hasn't it?

I'm guessing Yamamoto brings more than Senna, otherwise I can't see a reason to replace Senna. And if it wasn't money surely they would have chosen Klien over Yamamoto.

About the only sponsor on the car though was Embratel who came with Senna!

HoldenCaulfield
9th July 2010, 08:49
Pretty crappy for him, but then if I was his manager I would have been working double-time to extricate him from that cluster**** of a team anyway. This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

ArrowsFA1
9th July 2010, 09:04
I'm gutted for Bruno. Having made it to F1 he doesn't deserve to lose his seat, let alone to Yamamoto. Bruno's a better driver than the HRT could ever have shown him to be, but he needed more time. Had he been able to stay with Honda/Brawn then he would have had the time to develop, but sadly it seems HRT is a road to nowhere for him.

Having decided to dump Senna so unceremoniously, if HRT had wanted to progress as a team then they should have put CK in the car to make use of his experience, but I guess they want Yamamoto's money to help them stay afloat.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Karun Chandhok on his way out of HRT before the end of the season, although I hope for his sake that doesn't happen.

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 09:46
Arrows sums up my feelings...is a driver has to lose a seat and we all know it happens you'd hope it would be for a better/more experienced driver.

Instead its Kolles' pet, Yamamoto. The sooner HRT leaves F1 the better.

Dave B
9th July 2010, 09:53
Trust a dentist to leave people looking down in the mouth... :\

markabilly
9th July 2010, 10:05
I'm gutted for Bruno. Having made it to F1 he doesn't deserve to lose his seat, let alone to Yamamoto. Bruno's a better driver than the HRT could ever have shown him to be, but he needed more time. Had he been able to stay with Honda/Brawn then he would have had the time to develop, but sadly it seems HRT is a road to nowhere for him.

Having decided to dump Senna so unceremoniously, if HRT had wanted to progress as a team then they should have put CK in the car to make use of his experience, but I guess they want Yamamoto's money to help them stay afloat.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Karun Chandhok on his way out of HRT before the end of the season, although I hope for his sake that doesn't happen.

Progress as a team??????

You silly, boy, have you forgotten.....that is not want i want...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5ooaufrLM

AndyL
9th July 2010, 10:39
yes it is
Karun Chandhok is the one with baking problems
is there not a rule preventing f1 teams from replacing both drivers in a season ?

Teams are allowed 4 race drivers over the season plus any number of Friday drivers (but no more than 2 in any one session). Additional driver changes can be permitted for reasons of force majeure.

Robinho
9th July 2010, 11:54
makes perfect sense, bringing the notoriously slow and previously forgotten driver back over a driver with a bit of potential. nice to see that Yamamoto managed to get to just within 1 second of his teammate, over 7 seconds down at the bottom of the field in FP1, behind the highly rated Fauzy in the rocket ship Lotus, after turning more laps than anyone else.

Not much about money this decision is it?!

I hope this gives a team the chance to pick Senna up as a young/test driver so he gets some time in a real car in the near future - i fully expect the testing rules to be relaxed after this year so we might get to see if he is really any good outside of the dog slow Hispania

Dave B
9th July 2010, 15:00
According to Legard's tweet, the deal is just for Silverstone and Senna will return.

legardj Hispania say Bruno Senna will return for rest of season. Yamamoto just in for BGP after "team decided to give him an opportunity to race"

Edit: Autosport have the same information:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85110

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 15:19
An opportunity to be a second slower. Great work Kolles, great work.

ArrowsFA1
9th July 2010, 15:24
"team decided to give him an opportunity to race"
How very nice of them :rolleyes:

christophulus
9th July 2010, 15:46
Hispania say Bruno Senna will return for rest of season. Yamamoto just in for BGP after "team decided to give him an opportunity to race"

Fantastic. Mind if I have an opportunity at the next race then? :p

maximilian
9th July 2010, 15:50
ORF.com reports that this is Senna's birthday gift to Sakon! For real? :confused:

AndyL
9th July 2010, 16:21
James Allen is saying there may be a "disciplinary element" to it.

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 16:35
I think the only reason for Sakon being there is he must have compromising photos of Colin to blackmail him ;) Because there is no logic to him every being near F1, even doing the catering.

UltimateDanGTR
9th July 2010, 18:10
I think the only reason for Sakon being there is he must have compromising photos of Colin to blackmail him ;) Because there is no logic to him every being near F1, even doing the catering.

give Sakon credit, Oriental Food is very nice (well, IMO, at least)

I hope Legard is right in that it is a one off race, though what Colin Kolles is thinking I don't know, there must be some serious money available from Mr.Y. (and some serious money needed, evidently)

harsha
9th July 2010, 19:57
what the feck.....

maybe in the race after silverstone , they'll replace Chandok as a one-off

Sleeper
9th July 2010, 20:46
Looks like Sakon isnt even physically fit enough for the high speed sections of Silverstone. Congratulations Kolles, you complete numpty.

jens
9th July 2010, 21:15
Well, Sakon is a genius. :D He has been part of four F1 teams already - including Renault, for who he didn't race.

However, Senna shouldn't be too fussed, regardless of what is going to happen from now on. HRT say Bruno is going to be back for Germany, but I don't think this is so clear-cut - he'll be back only if he finds money. But at least he has got the experience of racing in F1 and beyond that I think fighting for wins in an alternative series would be a better outlook than endlessly fighting for P22's in F1.

A shame for Bruno Senna but I'm sure he will be picked up by a team higher up the grid at some point.

Don't see it happening. He hasn't proven himself enough by getting outraced by Chandhok every now and then. Besides that there are too many decent drivers anyway and younger ones are consistently knocking on the F1 door.

VkmSpouge
9th July 2010, 23:24
By the sounds of it Yamamoto was not expecting his call to race this weekend, he only found out on Thursday http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85137
Looks like he has been dropped in at the deep end.

Nikki Katz
9th July 2010, 23:55
I imagine that the reason was sponsorship, I don't see why a decision like that would be dropped last minute if it was anything else, despite what Kolles says. I don't really see why he didn't just tell the truth - dropping a driver who's normally a bit faster than Chandhok and replacing him with a driver that's a full second slower? Just to give him a chance that even Yamamoto wasn't prepared for? Naaaah.

CNR
10th July 2010, 09:11
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorsports/karun-chandhok-f1-seat-jeopardy-fomula-1-team-14881/

some extenuating circumstances seem to have suddenly come to the fore. How about this for trouble? The Hispania Racing Team owner Jose Ramon Carabante’s assets have been frozen by a Spanish court over a financial dispute with a former HRT owner.
While Hispania Racing Team’s name doesn’t figure amongst the frozen assets, there certainly could be a ripple effect with Mr Carabante bailing out of the sport that swallows money faster than any other on the planet. So, in essence, Karun Chandhok’s future in F1 seems to be hanging in the balance, just like his racing team’s is. What’s more, even if Karun Chandhok does manage to gather enough money to refinance his seat for the 2011 F1 championship, if HRT goes under, he will find himself in another quandary, though of a lesser degree as money talks louder than anything else does, especially when it comes to rookie drivers gunning for rookie team seats.

VkmSpouge
10th July 2010, 21:52
Well considering he hasn't raced in F1 since 2007, had very little time in the car and only was told he was competing this weekend on Thursday, I think Sakon Yamamoto did alright today. He was within 107% in Q1 and 0.4s off Karun Chandhok.

harsha
12th July 2010, 11:39
"The race was pretty much as we expected to be honest. We weren't really in a position to race with others so I pushed early on to open about 15 seconds gap to Sakon. After the pit stop, I ran over some debris which damaged the barge board and the side pod on my car costing downforce. So after the safety car it was all about just managing the damage and the gap to Sakon. Another double finish for the team and that's about all we can expect at the moment."

quote from Karun Chandok

Dave B
14th July 2010, 09:22
Rumours about an email accidentally sent by Senna which may or may not have been disrespectful to Kolles.

German magazines are reporting that an email mistakenly sent to Colin Kolles, was the reason that Bruno Senna had to sit out the British Grand Prix. There is no question that Sakon Yamamoto came laden with cash and it may be that Senna left himself open to removal. It is unlikely that the driver would have been openly offensive to the team boss – it makes no sense, even if he was upset – but it is always possible in this day and age that copies of emails get left attached to previous messages and that this may have resulted in a message that warranted disciplinary action – or at least gave the team the opportunity to take Yamamoto’s funding.

Full story:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/senna-yamamoto-carabante-and-kolles/

CNR
15th July 2010, 08:51
did he send it so the team could replace him ?

Senna, though, then handed the team the perfect reason to sideline him - he sent an email criticising team boss Colin Kolles's management style to, yes, team boss Colin Kolles.

Chandhok's sponsors came through late Thursday, meaning the team could not drop him. And that was a problem for Hispania as Yamamoto had raised a reported $5million for his chance to compete.
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6261113/-Senna-sent-critical-email-to-Kolles-

I am evil Homer
15th July 2010, 09:39
Maybe he sent the email because he'd heard he was going to be replaced and was angry but somehow sent that angry email direct to Kolles.

maximilian
16th July 2010, 18:05
Apparently the Indian will be sitting out Hockenheim after Yamamoto "gave a very positive performance in Silverstone" <<<< REALLY??? I guess with all else that was going on, I must have missed that one! :rolleyes:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314

This will really hurt HRT's chances in going for the 2010 New Teams World Championship Driver's Title... :p

christophulus
16th July 2010, 18:24
I think they've pretty much given up on this year, hopefully they can get some funds together and design a better car for 2011. And does it really matter who drives it? They'll finish last and second last anyway..

DazzlaF1
16th July 2010, 19:47
Apparently the Indian will be sitting out Hockenheim after Yamamoto "gave a very positive performance in Silverstone" <<<< REALLY??? I guess with all else that was going on, I must have missed that one! :rolleyes:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314

This will really hurt HRT's chances in going for the 2010 New Teams World Championship Driver's Title... :p

Dropping their only championship contender, very big boneheaded move that :laugh:

But seriusly, I know that the season is pretty much dead and buried for them anyway but rotating drivers to give your testers a chance? I dont know. Both Senna and Chandhok in my view have done very well despite the circumstances and both deserve to see out the rest of the season. Im sure their career's in the sport wont be damaged by this and either they can benefit from a better car next year or find a drive in a better car.

Whats next, are they going to be rotated again to allow Christian Klien in?

maximilian
16th July 2010, 20:52
Whats next, are they going to be rotated again to allow Christian Klien in?
At least that would make a LOT more sense than putting Yamamoto into the car, methinks.

Somebody
16th July 2010, 21:17
Not to HRT's bank manager.

Jag_Warrior
16th July 2010, 21:44
Even though Lotus isn't really "Lotus", and yeah, mainly for sentimental reasons, I REALLY wanted Bruno to get a seat with Lotus/Proton/whatever... instead of Campos/HRT/Wing & a Prayer Racing. They should take their Dallara kit car and move to the IRL. They don't belong in F1 to begin with, IMO.

I do hope that Senna is able to get away from this amateurish, goofball, permanent backmarker team and can get with a better outfit by next season... even if he has to bring some sponsorship.

DazzlaF1
16th July 2010, 23:36
Even though Lotus isn't really "Lotus", and yeah, mainly for sentimental reasons, I REALLY wanted Bruno to get a seat with Lotus/Proton/whatever... instead of Campos/HRT/Wing & a Prayer Racing. They should take their Dallara kit car and move to the IRL. They don't belong in F1 to begin with, IMO.

I do hope that Senna is able to get away from this amateurish, goofball, permanent backmarker team and can get with a better outfit by next season... even if he has to bring some sponsorship.

Well to be fair to HRT, they didnt build the car in the first place. I remember Geoff Willis saying after he saw the car for the first time that Dallara had built them a pup

VkmSpouge
17th July 2010, 00:01
A shame for Karun Chandhok, I have been very impressed with the way he has handled the whole situation at Hispania since qualifying in Bahrain. I hope he does manage to get back into the car at some point during the season.

I guess it was positive because expectations were so rock bottom that a 20th place finish was going to exceed them.

maximilian
17th July 2010, 00:02
Well to be fair to HRT, they didnt build the car in the first place. I remember Geoff Willis saying after he saw the car for the first time that Dallara had built them a pup
And to be fair to Senna, so far he has done nothing to warrant staying in F1. Despite all the hype and good results in the lower Formulae, his showings this year have been underwhelming. Chandhok has clearly done the better job this year, and he had to bring sponsor cash! If Senna really doesn't bring any, I see NO reason to keep him... other than he's gonna do better than Yamamoto... but probably not better than Klien.

Saint Devote
17th July 2010, 01:29
I'd like to see Senna be given a try at Force India in place of that no-hoper Liuzzi.

This is his second chance in f1 and the result is no better - just look how Sutil has outclassed him.

Saint Devote
17th July 2010, 01:49
And to be fair to Senna, so far he has done nothing to warrant staying in F1. Despite all the hype and good results in the lower Formulae, his showings this year have been underwhelming. Chandhok has clearly done the better job this year, and he had to bring sponsor cash! If Senna really doesn't bring any, I see NO reason to keep him... other than he's gonna do better than Yamamoto... but probably not better than Klien.

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

In qualifyiing Senna has been quciker 5 to 4 and in the grands prix for what its worth they have generally been equally one in front of the other.

Senna's potential is also far more promising in a competitive car evidenced by his performance in the GP2 main series.

maximilian
17th July 2010, 05:08
Senna's potential is also far more promising in a competitive car evidenced by his performance in the GP2 main series.
That's exactly what I mean... after all the hype, Chandhok who nobody would have bet a dime on is at least his match and has had the better finishes. Very underwhelming.

Fully agree on Liuzzi... time for him to vacate. Let's see what Paul DiResta can do!!

DazzlaF1
17th July 2010, 11:52
That's exactly what I mean... after all the hype, Chandhok who nobody would have bet a dime on is at least his match and has had the better finishes. Very underwhelming.

Fully agree on Liuzzi... time for him to vacate. Let's see what Paul DiResta can do!!

Totally agree on both counts. Chandhok has been a suprise and despite the car has arguably enhanced his standing as a driver.

As for Liuzzi, he's had an OK season by his standards but like you say he's been well and truly thrashed by Sutil who's showing the real potential of the car more than Liuzzi. Di Resta certainly deserves a chance now.

Saint Devote
17th July 2010, 12:40

Then you cherry pick.

The crux of my post is in the last sentence. Senna remains the better deal of the two because he has shown what he can do in GP2 - Chandok has never done any better than he has now.

Mia 01
17th July 2010, 13:22
HRT, the whole team, patetic,
Senna, a name.

Spare me this next year.

maximilian
17th July 2010, 16:06
Then you cherry pick.

The crux of my post is in the last sentence. Senna remains the better deal of the two because he has shown what he can do in GP2 - Chandok has never done any better than he has now.
Who cares what happened in GP2 years ago? That has been. This is 2010 F1.

I don't see how Senna is the better deal when he brings LESS money than Chandhok and gets WORSE results. Please explain.

DazzlaF1
17th July 2010, 16:32
Then you cherry pick.

2 drivers for you

ROMAIN GROSJEAN: Spent one and a half seasons in GP2 winning 8 races and a GP2 Asia title, while in title contention in 2009, he took the gamble mid season replacing Piquet at Renault and did not perform to the level many expected, his best finish being a miserly 13th in Brazil. His single seater career is now supposedly over and is now driving a Ford GT in the FIA GT1 championship

KAMUI KOBAYASHI: Won the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2005 but did not ring many alarm bells in the next 4 years despite winning a GP2 Asia Series title. A pair of 16th place finishes in the main GP2 Series didnt promise much but after given a late chance in F1 replacing the injured Timo Glock at Toyota, he shone finishing 6th in Abu Dhabi and is now beginning to fulfill some of his promise from that Toyota outing now at Sauber where at the moment he has scored all of their 15 points

It goes to show that sometimes you can be successful in the lower categories yet not quite repeat that promise at the top level. In Senna's case, he would have to consistently beat his teammate on a regular basis in the HRT.

N. Jones
17th July 2010, 22:24
How can anyone determine how well Senna and Chandhok have done this season when they drive the worst car on the grid?

DazzlaF1
17th July 2010, 23:26
How can anyone determine how well Senna and Chandhok have done this season when they drive the worst car on the grid?

Simple, comparisons against his teammate

Take for example Alonso when was at Minardi in 2001 when he had Tarso Marques for a teammate, despite the Minardi he was driving, he was consistently seconds quicker than Marques (and also later, Alex Yoong) and often managed to haul that Minardi off the back row a few times (I remember once he managed to qualify as high as 18th). Despite not scoring a point, it was one of the most impressive rookie seasons in recent memory considering the machinery he had to put up with.

This situation is different though. Senna came in with the bigger reputation and track record of performances in lower formulae by some margin compared to Chandhok yet it has been the likeable Indian who has more than matched him for pace. And that is the suprise, that Senna has not managed to be consistently quicker than Chandhok.

Saint Devote
18th July 2010, 00:44
2 drivers for you

ROMAIN GROSJEAN: Spent one and a half seasons in GP2 winning 8 races and a GP2 Asia title, while in title contention in 2009, he took the gamble mid season replacing Piquet at Renault and did not perform to the level many expected, his best finish being a miserly 13th in Brazil. His single seater career is now supposedly over and is now driving a Ford GT in the FIA GT1 championship

KAMUI KOBAYASHI: Won the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2005 but did not ring many alarm bells in the next 4 years despite winning a GP2 Asia Series title. A pair of 16th place finishes in the main GP2 Series didnt promise much but after given a late chance in F1 replacing the injured Timo Glock at Toyota, he shone finishing 6th in Abu Dhabi and is now beginning to fulfill some of his promise from that Toyota outing now at Sauber where at the moment he has scored all of their 15 points

It goes to show that sometimes you can be successful in the lower categories yet not quite repeat that promise at the top level. In Senna's case, he would have to consistently beat his teammate on a regular basis in the HRT.

Kobayashi did not drive the Renault and Grosjean did not drive either the Toyota or the Sauber.

Senna has proven himself in a good car in GP2 while Chandok was little better than he is now.

The HRT Dallara is such a dreadful car that it cannot be judged as showing anything.

Saint Devote
18th July 2010, 00:48
Simple, comparisons against his teammate

Take for example Alonso when was at Minardi in 2001 when he had Tarso Marques for a teammate, despite the Minardi he was driving, he was consistently seconds quicker than Marques (and also later, Alex Yoong) and often managed to haul that Minardi off the back row a few times (I remember once he managed to qualify as high as 18th). Despite not scoring a point, it was one of the most impressive rookie seasons in recent memory considering the machinery he had to put up with.

This situation is different though. Senna came in with the bigger reputation and track record of performances in lower formulae by some margin compared to Chandhok yet it has been the likeable Indian who has more than matched him for pace. And that is the suprise, that Senna has not managed to be consistently quicker than Chandhok.

"Likeable Indian"?

The performances of others is not relevant.

It stands that Senna has proven himself in a good car in GP2 whilst Chandok remains a driver who has never done well in any signficant series.

ioan
18th July 2010, 14:41
It stands that Senna has proven himself in a good car in GP2 whilst Chandok remains a driver who has never done well in any signficant series.

Bla bla bla.
B. Senna has done nothing in F1, just like his team mate Chandhok, any other conclusion is subjective crap.

maximilian
18th July 2010, 19:17
Bla bla bla.
B. Senna has done nothing in F1, just like his team mate Chandhok, any other conclusion is subjective crap.
:up:

Saint Devote
18th July 2010, 20:35
Bla bla bla.

Listen you rude interloper - and there are unfortunately too many on this forum that are allowed to act the same way without penalty - this is not about what they have done in f1, but how they have performed relative to each other.

If you have nothing sensible to add or view this discussion as irrelevant then rather post nothing.

Saint Devote
18th July 2010, 20:48
Who cares what happened in GP2 years ago? That has been. This is 2010 F1.

I don't see how Senna is the better deal when he brings LESS money than Chandhok and gets WORSE results. Please explain.

A driver is generally hired for his potential. If he has performed well in a competitive car in a series such as GP2 is will indicate a certain level of performance.

The problem with Chandok is that he has done nothing like that and the HRT Dallara is so bad that it cannot do that. In a bad car even the best driver will not look good.

ioan
18th July 2010, 21:25
A driver is generally hired for his potential.

And then fired for the lack of it. :D

ioan
18th July 2010, 21:26
Listen you rude interloper ...

What exactly was rude in my post? :confused:

...this is not about what they have done in f1, but how they have performed relative to each other.

They are both driving the same car and none of them did anything special, so the conclusion is that the great B. Senna is just as good as the great K. Chandhok.

Jag_Warrior
18th July 2010, 23:08
I was looking at lap times the other week, comparing F1 times to GP2 times. And it struck me then, if HRT was to just take a standard GP2 car and install the higher horsepower F1 spec Cosworth, they would essentially be about as fast as they are right now. So a GP2 car with IRL team management... what are they even doing in F1?!

Bruno, find a new home ASAP!

Saint Devote
19th July 2010, 00:49
What exactly was rude in my post? :confused:

They are both driving the same car and none of them did anything special, so the conclusion is that the great B. Senna is just as good as the great K. Chandhok.

When you post sometimes it is in a very attacking way although I guess I have been wrongly interpreted before as well.

This has been about comparing the two of them.

woody2goody
19th July 2010, 03:00
I'd like to see Senna be given a try at Force India in place of that no-hoper Liuzzi.

This is his second chance in f1 and the result is no better - just look how Sutil has outclassed him.

Liuzzi would destroy Senna, and Sutil would as well. However despite rating Liuzzi highly, I think Klien would do a better job at FI

maximilian
19th July 2010, 14:05
A driver is generally hired for his potential. If he has performed well in a competitive car in a series such as GP2 is will indicate a certain level of performance.
By that logic, Giorgio Pantano should be in that seat, as he has clearly shown the greatest potential! :D