http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85064

This is what the wtcc needs.

Captain VXR
8th July 2010, 14:25
The more variety, the better a championship is

MrMetro
8th July 2010, 14:31
The more variety, the better a championship is

Indeed. The more car's that break up the trains of seat's, the better!

RMLCruzeing82
8th July 2010, 15:43
i hope so and i know i know but...my be the return of Rydell in a Volvo?

AndySpeed
8th July 2010, 16:22
"We see WTCC now addressing its major obstacle for growth with the new engine regulations. At the same time, we see several national championships starting to stray from the FIA S2000 regulations by several own counterproductive decisions and dispensations from a manufacturer perspective."

The first clearly negative comment regarding the revered Alan Gow's decision on the future of the BTCC, perhaps?

I am evil Homer
8th July 2010, 17:38
Yep I think that was thinly veiled stab at the BTCC.

Allyc85
8th July 2010, 18:52
Agreed and tbh when I saw that the BTCC regs were different to the WTCC I was a bit worried that it would put manufacturers off.

Still it will be great for the WTCC to have a new team, how long will it be until Rydell is linked with them ;) :p

MrMetro
8th July 2010, 19:01
well, last year, rydell, said he may return to racing in the stcc in 2011, but volvo entering the wtcc next year could change everything. at the moment i think he is doing commentary for viasats stcc coverage

VkmSpouge
8th July 2010, 19:49
Yep I think that was thinly veiled stab at the BTCC.

I think it might be more directed at the STCC after comments like this from their works team there http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4955

AndySpeed
8th July 2010, 20:20
I think it might be more directed at the STCC after comments like this from their works team there http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4955

I would speculate that it may be both the BTCC and the STCC - the 'decisions' being possibly aimed at the BTCC and the 'dispensations' towards the STCC.

If a manufacturer commits to S2000 and the national championship's regulations are heading towards NGTC, it's unlikely that they'd build cars to two different sets of regs though.

But then again, Alfa did in '94.

MrMetro
8th July 2010, 20:55
well the btcc's NGTC regs are more different to the wtcc's 1.6turbo regs than the stccs regs are. with the stcc regs the cars will be closer in size to wtcc cars: hatchbacks such as the c30, so I would think it is primary aimed at the btcc

BDunnell
8th July 2010, 23:53
Not that thinly-veiled a dig! I took the dispensation comment to be a reference to BMW forcing a change to the BTCC's NGTC regs, thereby allowing rear-wheel-drive cars.

I see, sadly, little hope for the BTCC in pursuing a different set of technical regulations, even if — as with the BTC Touring regs compared with S2000 — they are superior. But I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 09:50
I thought it was more about the standardised parts being mooted and that Volvo would prefer some sort of differentiation between the cars.

The BMW thing is common sense even if they're saddled with that dumb 1st gear rule.