PDA

View Full Version : Even less overtaking to be seen

ioan
6th March 2007, 10:50
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070306092903.shtml

"Top F1 drivers have expressed concern that new regulations in 2007 have further decreased the prospect of overtaking during races."

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 10:52
But don't the drivers have one set of soft tyres for the race, which would allow them to pass drivers still on hard tyres.? :confused:

SGWilko
6th March 2007, 10:59
If the harder tyres make it harder to drive the cars consistently fast lap after lap, then the margin for error is increased, and that, surely, ought to lead to overtaking opportunities.

And yes, when different drivers are using different tyre compounds throughout the races, that also ought to provide sufficient performane gains above others to facilitate some overtaking.

blakebeatty
6th March 2007, 14:40
maybe we can cross our fingers and wait for the CDG wing

Big Ben
6th March 2007, 19:30
maybe we can cross our fingers and wait for the CDG wing

God forbid.

K-Pu
7th March 2007, 17:51
But...

Even with the different tyres, I donīt see why we should see more overtaking.

I mean, at the beginning it could bring some overtaking, but when all the teams use the same strategy... bye bye overtaking. Itīs like the fuel loads...

luvracin
7th March 2007, 20:17
[quote="ioan"]

That's because the Top F1 drivers automatically assume they will be in the lead and that nobody will be able to catch them. :p :

jens
7th March 2007, 21:46
Is it only my impression, but it seems as though as before every season there have been fears that we were going to see less overtaking, but all in all the number of manouvers made are still quite the same as it has been in previous years.

waitey
7th March 2007, 21:59
what's happening with slicks at all? i haven't heard anything about it lately? is it still being considered for the upcoming seasons or has it been basically ruled out?

blakebeatty
8th March 2007, 04:43
what's happening with slicks at all? i haven't heard anything about it lately? is it still being considered for the upcoming seasons or has it been basically ruled out?

they are to be implemented 2008 along with the cdg wing

waitey
8th March 2007, 22:38
great news about the slicks, but is the cdg wing also definately going to be introduced? i hate that idea, absolutely hate it. Put them on slicks and that's it.

Ranger
9th March 2007, 05:12
great news about the slicks, but is the cdg wing also definately going to be introduced? i hate that idea, absolutely hate it. Put them on slicks and that's it.

I heard somewhere that the CDG wing will be postponed. No links, sorry.

janneppi
9th March 2007, 09:31
I have a feeling the CDG wing is just a myth, it won't ever see the rear of a F1 car in a race, FIA is just too stubborn cancel it completely, so wait for it to be postponed again next year. :)