PDA

View Full Version : Ogier with Ford??

euskalteam
5th July 2010, 22:17
http://rallyazores.blogspot.com/2010/07/wrc-ogier-teve-proposta-da-ford.html

Ogier had to test the DS3 but finally Sordo was Loeb's team-mate in them, because the young star is speaking with Ford about next years contract. Ogier says that he don't want to change, but he is studing Ford's proposition. Maybe Citroën is angry with him...??

Mirek
5th July 2010, 22:28
Ogier isn't that stupid to leave Citroën where he has bright future secured.

alexlake
5th July 2010, 22:30
wont happen, they are setting Ogier up for a massive future with them when Seb is gone.

Barreis
5th July 2010, 22:30
Where will be P.Solberg?

cut the b.s.
5th July 2010, 22:44
Where will be P.Solberg?

relaxing at home beside a roaring fire in a warm pair of slippers

J4MIE
6th July 2010, 09:09
Agree he'd be crazy to leave, but maybe this will increase Citroen's offer to him...... all part of the negotiation ;)

Hartusvuori
6th July 2010, 09:24
Where will be P.Solberg?

relaxing at home beside a roaring fire in a warm pair of slippers

No, that is my life and I will never give up on it.

On Ogier to Ford thing, it's natural. It'd be both stupid, for Ogier to leave Citroen and for Ford not to propose him.

koko0703
6th July 2010, 14:52
On Ogier to Ford thing, it's natural. It'd be both stupid, for Ogier to leave Citroen and for Ford not to propose him.

Well said....

pettersolberg29
6th July 2010, 15:04
Just to pass on some information from a link to the Citroen Juniors Team - they know that Ogier has been offered a deal to join the Manufacturer Ford Team and actually believe he may accept it.

DSTM - this is from a friend so may not be entirely correct, but he has never lied to me before so I see no reason to reject it immediately. As Hartusvuori says, Ford would be idiots to NOT offer Ogier a deal - it makes sense to try and get the best drivers even if it is unlikely that Ogier will leave Citroen. But my mate also says that Citroen fear losing him to Ford due to the lure of being a driver in a leading team rather than a 'second' or B Team, and working with Malcolm Wilson. They believe Citroen will have Sordo and Loeb in the main team in 2011, and even Kimi may be promoted before Ogier.

Either way, it would certainly be interesting to see what Quesnel would say if Ogier goes to Ford ;)

Francis44
6th July 2010, 15:08
Im a fan of Citroen, but I would prefer Ogier to be in Ford.

Aslong as Loeb is in Citroen, theres now way Ogier will win or even fight for the championship, they rather have a driver with 7 or 8 consecutives championships than Ogier with one, and obviously he would end Loeb streak and I dont think Citroen's bosses like this ideia.

Ogier on Ford would impact the overall championship in a good way, so I would be glad, but in the end it's up to him, and through all those years I've seen many weird and unexpected moves from drivers.

Barreis
6th July 2010, 15:15
I hope that big money transfers will come again into WRC.. Last few years it's sport for rich sons and that ruins WRC..

I am evil Homer
6th July 2010, 16:51
They believe Citroen will have Sordo and Loeb in the main team in 2011, and even Kimi may be promoted before Ogier.

I was willing to believe that source until that point. Promote Kimi over Ogier? He's a Citroen project and has been promoted to the main team in place of Sordo for the gravel rounds.

N.O.T
6th July 2010, 17:19
They believe Citroen will have Sordo and Loeb in the main team in 2011, and even Kimi may be promoted before ogier

your "friend" needs a brain restart.....

Langdale Forest
6th July 2010, 19:04
your "friend" needs a brain restart.....

:uhoh:

Really Sordo is a future useless nobody, never been allowed to win a WRC rally, never will be allowed to, Ogier is a fine rally driver, almost a clone of Loeb.

MJW
6th July 2010, 19:24
I think the key to this move is what Loeb decides to do, IF Loeb and Ogier stay at Citroen, I guess Ogier will all of a sudden find his Citroen engine a "little off". Its only my thoughts but I suspect the Loeb / Citroen relationship is a clone of the Ferrari /Schumacher time, and having Ogier win so early may backfire on Citroen. If Ogier's first win came middle of 2011 I'm sure it would have been more convenient, but now that Seb v2.0 has rattled Loeb and won a rally outright (after becoming close earlier) I wonder if Ogier realises that Ford would totally support him and he will be allowed to fight Loeb. I may be a cynic but Citroen is a 1 man team, Loeb and they dont want Ogier to beat their 7 times champion.
I still think that Seb Loeb will be conveniently moved to Peugot LeMans series in 2011, thereby ensuring that Ogier stays at Citroen to keep the dominance.

Allyc85
6th July 2010, 19:33
Agree he'd be crazy to leave, but maybe this will increase Citroen's offer to him...... all part of the negotiation ;)

Exactly, hes getting the best deal possible as citroen would be crazy to let him go, no matter how much I want him at Ford!!

N.O.T
6th July 2010, 20:34
I think the key to this move is what Loeb decides to do, IF Loeb and Ogier stay at Citroen, I guess Ogier will all of a sudden find his Citroen engine a "little off". Its only my thoughts but I suspect the Loeb / Citroen relationship is a clone of the Ferrari /Schumacher time, and having Ogier win so early may backfire on Citroen. If Ogier's first win came middle of 2011 I'm sure it would have been more convenient, but now that Seb v2.0 has rattled Loeb and won a rally outright (after becoming close earlier) I wonder if Ogier realises that Ford would totally support him and he will be allowed to fight Loeb. I may be a cynic but Citroen is a 1 man team, Loeb and they dont want Ogier to beat their 7 times champion.
I still think that Seb Loeb will be conveniently moved to Peugot LeMans series in 2011, thereby ensuring that Ogier stays at Citroen to keep the dominance.

the career of loeb will end soon or will start to decline soon....i guess Ogier can wait 2 or 3 years.

Francis44
6th July 2010, 20:51

To be honest I dont see Loeb moving to circuit race full time, and if he tries to I suspect he will get bored of it quickly. But hey, is still a young guy and perhaps what he says about having a go at other disciplines is a way to tease competition on WRC.
And I believe Ford will be competitive next year, it's better for Ogier to move if he thinks it's a good ption rather than become a Citroen muppet.

Xsara Fan
6th July 2010, 21:31
Either way, it would certainly be interesting to see what Quesnel would say if Ogier goes to Ford ;)

It would certainly be interesting to see what Quesnel would say to Sordo(!) if Ogier goes to Ford :)

RS
6th July 2010, 21:37
Hmm, I don't think this will happen.

I guess it means Malcolm is not too happy with his current pair though (or at least blames some of this years lack of performance on them)

I imagine Ogier will be in the works Citroen team next year. It would be nice if the rules were changed to allow 3 car teams in WRC (best 2 score) Then we could have:

Citroen:

-Loeb
-Sordo
-Ogier

Ford:

- Mikko
- JML
- PGA

Citroen Junior:

- P Solberg
- K Raikkonen

Stobart:

- Henning
- 5 year+ plan

Barreis
6th July 2010, 21:41
Ford needs P.Solberg if they want to be champs again..

MJW
6th July 2010, 21:48
I would be very surprised to see Loeb and Ogier in the same team in 2011.
I guess Ford could be (in no order) Mikko, JML, Seb V2.O, and P.G.
Citroen DS3's for Loeb, Sordo, Kimi, and Petter.
On totalrally radio last week they were confident that Petter wouldnt get a DS3, but I guess they were planning on Citroen being 2 x Seb, Sordo and Kimi when they said that.

pettersolberg29
6th July 2010, 21:55
I was willing to believe that source until that point. Promote Kimi over Ogier? He's a Citroen project and has been promoted to the main team in place of Sordo for the gravel rounds.

Well - I wasn't that surprised by that bit to be honest. I think I remember Quesnel already saying that Kimi has a chance in the manufacturer team next year, if 3 car teams are allowed. Yes Ogier is thier 'project' but Kimi is the one who brings fame and attention to Citroen. Kimi coming 5th would attract more press and interest for Citroen than Ogier winning a title.

Mirek
6th July 2010, 22:05
They are not dumb. They know that Loeb won't drive forever and that's exactly why they grew Ogier from nobody to first-class star. Kimi is only short-time marketing tool and since they are able to run let's say 5-6 cars in one moment thanks to PH Sport, there is no problem to have Kimi still in the team. They made Ogier to his current skills to keep winning with French champion.

Tomi
6th July 2010, 22:17
]They are not dumb. They know that Loeb won't drive forever and that's exactly why they grew Ogier from nobody to first-class star. Kimi is only short-time marketing tool and since they are able to run let's say 5-6 cars in one moment thanks to PH Sport, there is no problem to have Kimi still in the team. They made Ogier to his current skills to keep winning with French champion.

Exactly, Kimi would not been driving in rally if not because of red bull, he is not Citroens choise in any way. I agree 100% with Mirek's post, also I dont belive for a second that Ogier would be that stupid that he would go from a winning car to Ford, especially when he has accived nothing sofar, the time to collect the cash comes later when he can do it with his own terms, yet he cant.
But sure this tread has been very amusing sofar. :)

Red bull
6th July 2010, 22:44
in rallying nothing is impossible,if ogier feels hes a man enough to stand alone its better he makes his move now than wait more years for good old loeb to retire for him to be allowed a shot at the title.

RS
6th July 2010, 23:04
I dont belive for a second that Ogier would be that stupid that he would go from a winning car to Ford

Exactly, that is another point. Ford seems to be someway behind Citroen now and there is no particular reason to think that is going to change next year, although Ford maybe had a head start in developing the Fiesta's chassis first as an S2000.

Surprised you consicder Ogier's achievements as "nothing" though?

N.O.T
6th July 2010, 23:53
what are his achievements ??

1 WRC win and some good perfomances.....

Latvala anyone ??

snellman
6th July 2010, 23:55
how are those shrooms growing?

Tomi
7th July 2010, 00:11
Surprised you consicder Ogier's achievements as "nothing" though?
yes, sofar he has not acchived nothing in wrc, but if he stays with citroen he will.

Allar
7th July 2010, 00:38
I hope its last season for MR. Loeb because then hopefully we have more drivers fighting for a campion title.

Barreis
7th July 2010, 06:40
It's 'cos of him (S.Loeb).. It's 'cos of other drivers not good enough to fight him..

N.O.T
7th July 2010, 08:18
I hope its last season for MR. Loeb because then hopefully we have more drivers fighting for a campion title.

nice mentality.....

Francis44
7th July 2010, 08:29

Just because they can't keep with him dosen't mean he should leave.

N.O.T
7th July 2010, 08:31
its the usual loser syndrome....

cut the b.s.
7th July 2010, 09:43
its the usual loser syndrome....

its not often I agree with you, but I do now.

If Loeb retires as champion it will devalue the achievements of his successor, Loeb isnt to be blamed for the fact that he has been so dominant

I am evil Homer
7th July 2010, 10:06
Well - I wasn't that surprised by that bit to be honest. I think I remember Quesnel already saying that Kimi has a chance in the manufacturer team next year, if 3 car teams are allowed. Yes Ogier is thier 'project' but Kimi is the one who brings fame and attention to Citroen. Kimi coming 5th would attract more press and interest for Citroen than Ogier winning a title.

Quesnel first and foremost is about winning. Citroen needs top justify it's investment in rallying - that happens with Ogier, it doesn't happen with Kimi no matter what Red Bull ask for or one tarmac showing suggests.

WRC gets next to no PR reach anyway, Kimi is a slight bonus but not enough to promote over a more talented driver.

Bobcat
7th July 2010, 11:45
That joke killed me, man! What Ford needs most urgently are two things: more cash and new long-term strategies.

Rallyper
7th July 2010, 12:27
There are so many sides of this coin. You mentioned some.

But - the new Ford might be better than expected meaning it´s even beyond Citroen level or at least equal.

That brings the thing in another aspect. And the top drivers want to have winning tools. They know for them seleves what is best.

And then money. Has Ford the money to pay Ogier? Are they willing to do it?

Loebs supremacy is one other thing. The other drivers are really good but Loebs just happened to be better at the moment. Nothing to cry about. Things just are like that.

And I agree Ogier at Ford will equal the WRC and next year with new cars will be exciting, no matter what team the drivers happen to be in.

Tomi
7th July 2010, 12:57
But - the new Ford might be better than expected meaning it´s even beyond Citroen level or at least equal.

Thats offcourse true, but for how long? To belive that Citroen is in WRC only to play games, is to fool one self, their aim is to win, and has for sure the resourses to make a car that makes it possible.

Barreis
7th July 2010, 14:00
That joke killed me, man! What Ford needs most urgently are two things: more cash and new long-term strategies.

M.Gronholm wasn't long term strategy.. They had money to pay this high profile man for few more seasons so it's not the problem for them..

I am evil Homer
7th July 2010, 14:30
JM-L was the long term strategy it's just not worked that well so far.

AndyRAC
7th July 2010, 15:19
What Ford need is less competition - they have more chance of winning!

Red bull
7th July 2010, 16:10
if the story is real then ford are able to get ogiers siganature at any cost,remember they lured mcrae from subaru when he was the king to a new untested focus.

7th July 2010, 16:17
Ogier would make a big mistake to accept any FORD proposal.
I don't believe he will accept anything else than drive a Citroën. Going to FORD now, after the once in a lifetime chance he has been given by Quesnel to drive a factory car for free, would be a career suicide.
Knowing french mentality he would NEVER be taken back into the team. If for some reason the Ford option doesn't work out he is finished. What if the Fiesta is crap ?
Too many uncertainties for him.
Wilson will be convinced by Jouhki to give more time to Latvala. I am sure there is more money where the rest came from.

Barreis
7th July 2010, 16:20
Ogier would make a big mistake to accept any FORD proposal.

I agree..

Red bull
7th July 2010, 17:01
then he ll end up to be a one make champion like loeb,citroen.a true champion is the one winning in different cars to show his ability in all cars.

Daniel
7th July 2010, 18:12
So a good driver should quit a good team to drive for a crap one just to prove that he's good? Tell Petter that driving for a crap team is good.

Red bull
7th July 2010, 19:11
So a good driver should quit a good team to drive for a crap one just to prove that he's good? Tell Petter that driving for a crap team is good.
not as such only that any sportsman needs to try out different heights and face other challenges to see if can perfom much better,solberg cant talk of crap cars he has a latest c4 bt still not winning and who knows if the fiest :s mokin: a is crap car?

Daniel
7th July 2010, 20:05
not as such only that any sportsman needs to try out different heights and face other challenges to see if can perfom much better,solberg cant talk of crap cars he has a latest c4 bt still not winning and who knows if the fiest :s mokin: a is crap car?

So he should stack the odds against himself? Tbh that's a pretty dumb thing to do and I don't recall any drivers moving to an inferior team on purpose just to prove something.

amilk
7th July 2010, 20:59
It's good to see that Malcolm finaly (maybe he was the last one in the globe) realised the limits of his current "A" team boys and started to think about to bring new guys in the team as PG and now Ogier (even the chanche to have the little Seb it's low).
Will be interesting to see who will be the next target after Ogier say no.

MJW
7th July 2010, 21:23
It's good to see that Malcolm finaly (maybe he was the last one in the globe) realised the limits of his current "A" team boys and started to think about to bring new guys in the team as PG and now Ogier (even the chanche to have the little Seb it's low).
Will be interesting to see who will be the next target after Ogier say no.
Gerrard Quinn interview on totalrally radio tonight said that Ford have (today) made a formal offer to Ogier.
He did also admit that Ford are talking to others. Looks like the 4 Fiesta 1.6T would be driven by "drivers" not necessarily pay as you go rallyists. Colin Clark suggested if Ogier isnt at Ford, that the line up could be MH, JML, PG and Petter. Quinn did not dismiss this suggestion.

doodle
7th July 2010, 22:47
Just listened to the Gerard Quinn interview on TotalRally Podcast interesting stuff, don't know if it would actually happen though, Potentially one of the best moves for the sport in my opinion though. the clip is about 23mins in feed://www.totalrally.com/podcast/trpodcast.xml

Bobcat
7th July 2010, 22:55
JM-L was the long term strategy it's just not worked that well so far.
Ok, I said new long-term strategies it's not really the old long-term strategy. ;)

Rallyper
7th July 2010, 23:01
The current rumours of moves is the best news in a long time.
Ford and Citroen is gonna play on equal terms next year. Both with new cars. The difference will be a stronger line up at Ford, which will match Citroens Loeb and Sordo and maybe Kimi + one more driver.

Remember for Ogier it is better to get a paycheck every month from Ford, than just have a free car, even if it´s named Citroen.

Barreis
7th July 2010, 23:26
Must be a good pay check.. C.McRae went to Citroen for 7 mill. GBP..

jonkka
8th July 2010, 08:50
So he should stack the odds against himself? Tbh that's a pretty dumb thing to do and I don't recall any drivers moving to an inferior team on purpose just to prove something.

Carlos Sainz went to Lancia for 1993 when team ceased to be a works team. Not to prove anything, just bad timing from his part.

Barreis
8th July 2010, 09:15
I still liked Jolly Club..

Red bull
8th July 2010, 09:49
better for a crap ford but being paid than a free citroen drive with nothing but praises,what do you do when the free drive is no more and ur nearing end of your career?

Barreis
8th July 2010, 09:54
Always better for winners and money will come..

Francis44
8th July 2010, 10:07
better for a crap ford but being paid than a free citroen drive with nothing but praises,what do you do when the free drive is no more and ur nearing end of your career?

Surely....

And if Ogier leaves Citroen they can always get Meeke.

Rallyper
8th July 2010, 10:31

And how can we say it´s a crap Ford, when we dont know yet...

So - again - as quoted, good to have a paycheck AND a Ford.

Red bull
8th July 2010, 10:49
100% agreed

Francis44
8th July 2010, 11:05
Anyway the decision will be known before Rally Finland, says WRC site.

Red bull
8th July 2010, 11:21
hope it goes the ford way and we see the real battle of the sebs in different cars,it will be wrc at its best again.

GigiGalliNo1
8th July 2010, 12:24
http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=8188&desc=Ogier+considering+Ford+switch+for+2011

pettersolberg29
8th July 2010, 13:04
Good to see my friend pass on the right info again!

Anyway, personally I think Ogier should move to Ford. From what we've seen so far, which in Citroen's case is very little, is that the Fiesta is a very competitive car. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Ford are far superior in 2011 and beyond - especially if they get drivers like Ogier and Petter into a manufacturer car. Ogier's chances in a Citroen will be very limited until Loeb retires - which could be one year but might be 3 or 4. Does Ogier want to wait that long before he is the 'main' and preferred driver?

I am evil Homer
8th July 2010, 13:16
Well judging by that WRC article Ford is keeping it's current drivers...so how is it a better move for Ogier? From one Jr team to....Stobart version 2? He won't be the 'main' driver at Ford either.

The Fiesta may be a good car but that's quite a risk to take.

Francis44
8th July 2010, 13:18
Well judging by that WRC article Ford is keeping it's current drivers...so how is it a better move for Ogier? From one Jr team to....Stobart version 2? He won't be the 'main' driver at Ford either.

Rather be number 2 at Ford than at Citroen.

Daniel
8th July 2010, 13:26
Ford are rubbish. Malcolm couldn't organise an asskicking at the world asskicking conpetition. If Ogier moves to Ford he will never be a champion with them. This is typical Wilson behaviour though. Finns were dominant in the WRC so what does he do? Get some Finns..... A Frenchman is dominant so Malcolm gets a Frenchman.

Loeb won't stick around much longer tbh and Ogier is the heir apparent. If he stays he'll slot in nicely to the number 1 position.

Barreis
8th July 2010, 13:30
I agree..

Xsara Fan
8th July 2010, 13:32
Guys! You forgot about one very important fact - Ogier made a first step! As Gerard Quinn said yesterday and Malcolm Wilson said today 'We were approached by his management team a while ago'.

As I understand Seb 2.0 start his own game :)

GigiGalliNo1
8th July 2010, 13:45
Very True Daniel. I agree.

mdesign
8th July 2010, 14:25
Even if Ogier is intended to replace any of the Fins on the Ford team, I don't think Malcom would announce it before closing the deal with Ogier.

Red bull
8th July 2010, 15:04
i think its in ogiers interest to cross over given that he cant be allowed to win any more rallies while loeb is still citroens no 1 which i dont think makes him happy although hes french,just look at his reactions when he is told to sweep roads for loeb to win while he could also win in his position.Jordan was a good example of those wicked team orders.

8th July 2010, 15:05
It says that the 2 Finns are under contract for 2011 with Ford. The question could be are they under contract with M-Sport or FORD ? If they are under contract with M-Sport, like Kresta was in 2005, one of the 2 Finns could easily be bumped in a non scoring car. I don't think Jouhki has forgotten to specify his Finns have to be the nominated drivers...unless there is performance clause for M-Sport, which would make sense too.

The other interesting thing is Ogier went to them, which is normal in my opinion. His manager (vatanen's son) is just probing around.

If Ogier wants to go to FORD, it is capital for him to be nominated driver, have a firm three year contract, at least 300.000Euro per year salary plus point and podium bonuses. The guy will have to take a lot of risk to beat the Citroëns so he needs to be paid accordingly. No more pay to drive bull**** talk there.

Francis44
8th July 2010, 15:11
Olivier Quesnell says Citroen has presented an offer for him too, apparently the offer is for a seat in the official team for next year with Loeb, and I suspect the offer includes a salary too.

Tomi
8th July 2010, 15:21
Olivier Quesnell says Citroen has presented an offer for him too, apparently the offer is for a seat in the official team for next year with Loeb, and I suspect the offer includes a salary too.

This is propably what Ogier counts on, about 2 weeks ago Sainz gave an interview, where he was very worried about Sordos future.

dimviii
8th July 2010, 15:26
:p

by Olivier Quesnel.....

''This is the game, but Citroen is used to preparing the young driver and I think Ford should do the same - they have the young driver called Matthew Wilson - it would be better for rallying if they do the same."

Barreis
8th July 2010, 15:43
It says that the 2 Finns are under contract for 2011 with Ford. The question could be are they under contract with M-Sport or FORD ? If they are under contract with M-Sport, like Kresta was in 2005, one of the 2 Finns could easily be bumped in a non scoring car. I don't think Jouhki has forgotten to specify his Finns have to be the nominated drivers...unless there is performance clause for M-Sport, which would make sense too.

The other interesting thing is Ogier went to them, which is normal in my opinion. His manager (vatanen's son) is just probing around.

If Ogier wants to go to FORD, it is capital for him to be nominated driver, have a firm three year contract, at least 300.000Euro per year salary plus point and podium bonuses. The guy will have to take a lot of risk to beat the Citroëns so he needs to be paid accordingly. No more pay to drive bull**** talk there.

Don't forget that one of the Finns was replaced in 2008 by F.Duval as a nominated driver..

amilk
8th July 2010, 15:59

by Olivier Quesnel.....

''This is the game, but Citroen is used to preparing the young driver and I think Ford should do the same - they have the young driver called Matthew Wilson - it would be better for rallying if they do the same."

Quesnel has a style.....

MJW
8th July 2010, 16:00

Impression I got was that the two Ford teams next year will operate on an equal footing. This rule of the 2nd team running an older model, (08 spec cars etc) wont apply as the 4 DS3's and 4 Fiesta's will be equal spec.
My feeling is that if Ogier goes to Ford money will be found from Ford, as most of the current buget comes from Abu Dahbi Tourism and BP, and whatever Mr Joukhi is channeling in there, (probably that is limited to driver salaries through their Finnish personal sponsors)
On listening to Gerard Quinn of late and Malcolm I get the impression that 2011 is a new start for Ford and I beleive they actually now WANT to win, and WILL get a driver who can deliver wins.

pettersolberg29
8th July 2010, 16:01

It is a risk, but if he stays at Citroen and the DS3 turns out to be rubbish then he may slowly fade into the background, and waste a couple of years of his career, just like e.g. Solberg staying at a rubbish Subaru team and wasting 2 to 3 years where he could have challenged Loeb.

Ford may keep both its drivers, but I would imagine the deal Wilson has offered Ogier would be to be the driver for the main manufacturer team, probably alongside Mikko, while JML would have a third car, like Al-Qassami does at the moment, or be in a Stobart car.

Barreis
8th July 2010, 17:22
What Citroen car turned to be rubbish?

Red bull
8th July 2010, 18:02
whichever the case citroen has to lose one of its drivers to ford in 2011 be it ogier or sordo as both are tired of bending for king loeb while sordo is dying for a first win ogier feels hes ready to be crowned king otherwise we will soon see a repeat of sainz/mcrae incident where mcrae defied team orders to win the rally and the chamionship tittle.

DonJippo
8th July 2010, 18:25
What Citroen car turned to be rubbish?

Citroën BX 4TC

Barreis
8th July 2010, 18:34
When was that? 30 years ago?

Daniel
8th July 2010, 18:36

by Olivier Quesnel.....

Bwahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh:

Perhaps Citroen will make an offer to Matthew Wilson? :rotflmao:

Daniel
8th July 2010, 18:37
It is a risk, but if he stays at Citroen and the DS3 turns out to be rubbish then he may slowly fade into the background, and waste a couple of years of his career, just like e.g. Solberg staying at a rubbish Subaru team and wasting 2 to 3 years where he could have challenged Loeb.

Ford may keep both its drivers, but I would imagine the deal Wilson has offered Ogier would be to be the driver for the main manufacturer team, probably alongside Mikko, while JML would have a third car, like Al-Qassami does at the moment, or be in a Stobart car.
Citroen won't bring out a rubbish car. I think people flatter the C4 and Xsara. They were great cars, but they weren't always the best. But with the money and resources that Citroen have the car won't be rubbish.

Red bull
8th July 2010, 18:57
Bwahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh:

Perhaps Citroen will make an offer to Matthew Wilson? :rotflmao:
and wilslow can win a few rallies in a c4 :D

Daniel
8th July 2010, 18:59
and wilslow can win a few rallies in a c4 :D
Right before mummy wakes him up

Bobcat
8th July 2010, 19:16
When was that? 30 years ago?
This day... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85079

Rallyper
8th July 2010, 19:24
We have a lot of cases here:
- Ogier want to get better paid by Citroen and takes contact with Ford
- Ogier stays at Citroen, gets well paid only if Loeb will retire within one year from now
- Ogier gets paid by Ford and will be driving a new factory-team alongside PG
- Stobart goes on with Henning and Matthew
- If Ogier goes to Ford Loeb will do at least 3-4 years on
- And Sordo have to struggle for his first victory as long Loeb is winning

- Fiesta and DS3 will be equal meaning we will have at least 6-8 drivers capable of winning each round

Everyone talking about Ogier - but what will happen to PG next year? Isn´t he ready for a wheel at Ford as well?

Bobcat
8th July 2010, 19:41
Quesnel has a style.....
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85060

"I think Sebastien Ogier likes the colour red, he prefers red to blue - I'm not so anxious," said Quesnel.
You know what they say, pride comes before a fall.

Red bull
8th July 2010, 23:09
ogier will remain at citroen only when citroen will allow him equall status with loeb that is whoever is in a position to win wont slow down for the other to win and not to be treated as a juniour driver while he can fight it out with loeb,i think thats what makes him think of the ford option otherwise i dont see nothhing much.

tmx
9th July 2010, 01:18
This is obvious. Ogier won in a junior team. When did Stobart drivers made it to the podium? Really there is more chance to win at Citroen, even with Loeb and if he retires Ogier would be number one, while Mikko & Jari won't retire in a long time. I have every confident they will make a good car for next year.

If I was Citroen I would laugh at Ford attempt, just for laughs Citroen should try to recruit Wilslow.

It's more sensible for Ford to try recruiting Dani.

tmx
9th July 2010, 01:50
Okay few exceptions for Stobart, but with Jari, Francois and few for Henning though not regularly. What make people think Citroen is suddenly going to flop with their new cars, especially an engine formula they force the FIA to adhere to.

tmx
9th July 2010, 03:30
Gerard Quinn stated in Total Rally yesterday that 'Ogier's management' contacted Ford first.

Red bull
9th July 2010, 05:03
Gerard Quinn stated in Total Rally yesterday that 'Ogier's management' contacted Ford first.
which means its boiling in the citroen pot might be some serious insue in there we dont know but the truth will soon come out.

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 09:53

Who presumably benefit from management fees and a fat signing on fee. I wouldn't read too much into that - it's a classic negotiation tactic.

"Hi Oliver we have an offer from Ford in writing for X. However Seb likes Citroean so if you offer Y we'll sign."

9th July 2010, 10:22
This is obvious. Ogier won in a junior team. When did Stobart drivers made it to the podium? Really there is more chance to win at Citroen, even with Loeb and if he retires Ogier would be number one, while Mikko & Jari won't retire in a long time. I have every confident they will make a good car for next year.

If I was Citroen I would laugh at Ford attempt, just for laughs Citroen should try to recruit Wilslow.

It's more sensible for Ford to try recruiting Dani.

I would see them being interested in Sordo, imagine all the inside knowledge this guy could bring about the Citroën...

kakus
9th July 2010, 11:26
Loeb would like Ogier at ford :

Il y a plusieurs façons de voir les choses, résume l'Alsacien. Me concernant, s'il est dans l'équipe l'an prochain et que ça tourne, comme au Portugal, à un bras de fer serré entre nous deux, ça risque d'être compliqué à gérer pour le patron et de créer des tensions entre les pro-Ogier et les pro-Loeb. Alors que s'il va chez Ford, les choses seront claires : nous serons adversaires et chacun défendra une marque. Mais je comprends qu'il ait envie de rester chez Citroën, car c'est un peu grâce à la marque qu'il a pu prouver sa valeur. A l'inverse, si lui et moi on écrase le prochain championnat chez Citroën, Ford risque de quitter la discipline. Et Citroën aussi, du coup ! Et là, Ogier aura tout perdu... Sa décision peut donc être importante pour le futur. Malcom (Wilson, le patron de l'écurie Ford) fait tout pour l'avoir et lui a fait une bonne proposition. Et là-bas, il sera pilote n°1, c'est sûr

Or link :
http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breves2010/20100709_115235_loeb-evoque-l-avenir-d-ogier.html

Francis44
9th July 2010, 12:31
Quesnell pulled the classic card:

"I think he knows what Citroen did for him"

And Ogier was the first to contact Ford according to Quesnell.

Francis44
9th July 2010, 12:35
Loeb would like Ogier at ford :

Il y a plusieurs façons de voir les choses, résume l'Alsacien. Me concernant, s'il est dans l'équipe l'an prochain et que ça tourne, comme au Portugal, à un bras de fer serré entre nous deux, ça risque d'être compliqué à gérer pour le patron et de créer des tensions entre les pro-Ogier et les pro-Loeb. Alors que s'il va chez Ford, les choses seront claires : nous serons adversaires et chacun défendra une marque. Mais je comprends qu'il ait envie de rester chez Citroën, car c'est un peu grâce à la marque qu'il a pu prouver sa valeur. A l'inverse, si lui et moi on écrase le prochain championnat chez Citroën, Ford risque de quitter la discipline. Et Citroën aussi, du coup ! Et là, Ogier aura tout perdu... Sa décision peut donc être importante pour le futur. Malcom (Wilson, le patron de l'écurie Ford) fait tout pour l'avoir et lui a fait une bonne proposition. Et là-bas, il sera pilote n°1, c'est sûr

Or link :
http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breves2010/20100709_115235_loeb-evoque-l-avenir-d-ogier.html

Beware, Google translation :p :

There are several ways of seeing things, summarizes the Alsatian. About me, it is in the team next year and it turns, as in Portugal, a tight showdown between two of us, it is more difficult to manage for the boss and create tensions Ogier between pro-and pro-Loeb. So if Ford goes, things are clear: we will defend opponents and each brand. But I understand he wanted to stay at Citroen, because it is partly thanks to the brand he could prove his worth. Conversely, if he and I are crushed at the next championship Citroen, Ford could leave the discipline. Citroen And also, once! And there, Ogier has lost everything ... His decision may therefore be important for the future. Malcolm (Wilson, the Ford team boss) have done everything for him and made a good proposal. And there, it will be No. 1 driver for sure.

Cool that he thinks this way.

Red bull
9th July 2010, 13:05
i knew where theres smoke there must be a fire.

Bobcat
9th July 2010, 14:52

People say... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85109

Henning Solberg revels in S2000 Ford
By David Evans, Friday, July 9th 2010, 12:45 GMT

Stobart driver Henning Solberg says his early pace on Rally Bulgaria has vindicated his decision to switch to the Ford Fiesta S2000 for the asphalt rounds of the World Rally Championship.
Solberg leads Group N on his debut in the Fiesta, despite only testing for 30 miles ahead of the Borovets-based event. The Norwegian driver ended the opening loop 11th overall and hoping to make the top 10 through the afternoon.
"People say: 'Henning, he can't drive on tarmac,' but I know that's not true," he said.
"Let me tell you, there are not many people around here who could beat me in a go-kart. I know I can drive on asphalt, but I just couldn't do it in that car [the Focus RS WRC]. I don't know why, but I just didn't understand the car; it was something to do with the camber. I don't know, it just didn't work. But this one certainly does. I love it. It's just like driving a go-kart. It's a fantastic tarmac car."
Solberg added that his early running in the Fiesta chassis bodes well for next season.
"I want to be back in the Fiesta World Rally Car next year," he said. "From what I've seen so of this car so far, it will be a great year."

I am evil Homer
9th July 2010, 15:27
That's nice....but without him sitting in either car for an extensive test it's still a gamble.

Pinto
9th July 2010, 16:08
this is one of two things

1 Oiger isnt happy with what ever role Citroen are giving him into the furture and has approached ford to get a role within their team the is more suited to his aspriations
or
2 Oiger and his managment are using this situation to carve out a better deal for himself with Citroen.

after all these stunts are pulled by footballers by their agents and themselves just to get new and improved contracts with their clubs

you cant blame oiger he is the ''in thing'' in rallying at the moment so why not try and get best the deal around let it be ford or citroen at least hes showing ambition

Francis44
9th July 2010, 16:17
Thing is Citroen has many other talents, not necessarily at Citroen but at Peugeot, they can easily put Meeke up to speed in 1 year time.

Pinto
9th July 2010, 20:26
true and meeke would be ready to hit the ground running i still think to this day he's well ahead of sordo but sordo got the drive because meeke could not come up with £2 million.
but meekes stock has risen since then and budgets would be easier to obtain these days

Daniel
9th July 2010, 22:01
People say... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85109
Better to be a big fish in a small pond for Henning rather than a small fish in a big pond....

Barreis
9th July 2010, 22:11
He can be happy that he has drive these days..

AndyRAC
10th July 2010, 09:06
There are two ways at looking at it. Why go to a team who have consistently proved they can't get the job done!
However, he may feel he's the man to do it. I really would be amazed if he walked away from Citroen..

Daniel
10th July 2010, 09:59
There's only one way of looking at it. Why go to a team who have consistently proved they can't get the job done?

Edited for accuracy. Yet another Ford cluster**** today....

10th July 2010, 10:28
There are two ways at looking at it. Why go to a team who have consistently proved they can't get the job done!
However, he may feel he's the man to do it. I really would be amazed if he walked away from Citroen..

Same here, I think he's not really thinking of going to Ford. There has been talk, then Wilson made an offer. That's all. The offer is probably to drive "a" car without salary or an absolute minimum salary, like with Duval at the time.

Citroën is the way for him.

Barreis
10th July 2010, 10:56
I agree..

jens
10th July 2010, 11:21
Are we looking at the case of too many stars in one team? To find an analogy, it looks like the Lorenzo-Rossi line-up at Yamaha in Moto GP won't last beyond this season either. I think Citroen has an important decision to make. Is there a possibility that Citroen will force Loeb to retire in order to keep Ogier? I mean they may want to take a look at the future and if Ogier moves to Ford due to Loeb and then the Legend himself retires soon too, Citroen will have failed to build up the team for the future. After all, Yamaha seems to prefer keeping the younger Lorenzo and some even say Ferrari forced Schumacher to retire in 2006. :p : Is Citroen going to opt for the long-term approach?

koko0703
10th July 2010, 12:21
Ogier is very talented driver but not good enough to force Loeb to retire yet. I think if Ogier wins one or two more rallies this year, it will actually motivate Loeb more because he's got another competition and better yet he's in the same car ;)

Red bull
12th July 2010, 17:26
Ogier is very talented driver but not good enough to force Loeb to retire yet. I think if Ogier wins one or two more rallies this year, it will actually motivate Loeb more because he's got another competition and better yet he's in the same car ;)

if given the same car with the same specs as loeb and no team orders i believe ogier can fight it out with him(loeb) and win,he doesnt look invisible these days and looking at the stage times,he is beatable.

Daniel
12th July 2010, 17:27
if given the same car with the same specs as loeb and no team orders i believe ogier can fight it out with him(loeb) and win,he doesnt look invisible these days and looking at the stage times,he is beatable.
The job of a 2nd or 3rd driver is to take the maximum points in the title to squeeze out the first drivers rivals/ensure that the team wins the manufacturers championship.

Red bull
12th July 2010, 20:16
The job of a 2nd or 3rd driver is to take the maximum points in the title to squeeze out the first drivers rivals/ensure that the team wins the manufacturers championship.
makes no difference to the manufactures title as whoever wins no 1 driver or no2 driver all points go to the team,thing is they should have equal chances to fight for victory as the drivers title is open to every one regadless of their team,it ll also help for one driver not to win most of the rallies as is the case now.

Daniel
12th July 2010, 20:33
makes no difference to the manufactures title as whoever wins no 1 driver or no2 driver all points go to the team,thing is they should have equal chances to fight for victory as the drivers title is open to every one regadless of their team,it ll also help for one driver not to win most of the rallies as is the case now.
If the 2nd driver is fighting number 1 for the victories the chances of lost points are higher

Red bull
15th July 2010, 09:49
as it stands now it seems ogier might be heading for ford as what malcom is saying in autosports its as if the deal is in final stages or already done.

I am evil Homer
15th July 2010, 12:37
Really? Seems to me he's clarifying that if Ogier signed he'd be in a 'works' team and that neither current driver would be leaving.

Rallyper
15th July 2010, 12:40
Really? Seems to me he's clarifying that if Ogier signed he'd be in a 'works' team and that neither current driver would be leaving.

Maybe three car team? :s mokin:

noel157
15th July 2010, 12:47
There was talk last season about allowing 3 car M1 teams again. Any further news from the FIA?

Red bull
15th July 2010, 13:18
to me it seems a done deal also loeb said in a french magazine that its better for ogier to move to ford as both of them being dominant in citroen wont help the sport which might lead to ford withdrawl and citroen wont have a choice but also withdraw.

koko0703
15th July 2010, 13:56
to me it seems a done deal also loeb said in a french magazine that its better for ogier to move to ford as both of them being dominant in citroen wont help the sport which might lead to ford withdrawl and citroen wont have a choice but also withdraw.

What Loeb is saying is true but I'm more interested to see Loeb in Ford and Ogier in Citroen. I know that won't happen but just want to see what Loeb can do with non-Citroen before he leaves this sport.

Francis44
15th July 2010, 14:00
What Loeb is saying is true but I'm more interested to see Loeb in Ford and Ogier in Citroen. I know that won't happen but just want to see what Loeb can do with non-Citroen before he leaves this sport.

He did very well with the Corolla in Corsica 2000.

Red bull
15th July 2010, 15:09
better for the deal as will give solberg a better chance to get a DS3 in citroen total in 2011.

Red bull
15th July 2010, 15:43
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85277 i think this is it for ogier.

Anderton
15th July 2010, 16:03
I believe Loeb is right. An in house war at Citroen might cause tension. Ogier to Ford would be a good move.

I am evil Homer
15th July 2010, 16:05
I'd like to think if he did move we'd have Meeke and Solberg in the second Citroen team as I guess Sordo wouldn't be going anywhere.

Not good news for JML or Mikko if he does though.

Red bull
15th July 2010, 16:26
I'd like to think if he did move we'd have Meeke and Solberg in the second Citroen team as I guess Sordo wouldn't be going anywhere.

kimi is also comfirmed for wrc 2011 so might be only one slot maybe for solberg in citroen total.

tmx
15th July 2010, 16:38
What Loeb is saying is true but I'm more interested to see Loeb in Ford and Ogier in Citroen. I know that won't happen but just want to see what Loeb can do with non-Citroen before he leaves this sport. "but on the other hand if both he and I dominate the championship Ford could pull out - and that means Citroen might go as well, and then Ogier has lost everything." Loeb

In a way, I feel even Loeb knows he has a better car than Ford and he don't want Ogier in the same team which would compete with his own winning. And if he had really state that without incentives, then he might had try driving for Ford already, thought I don't blame him to stay in the best team.

Secondly, lets not forget Citroen and the French govt invests in Ogier, they aren't just going to let him go easily. Loeb in a dilemma. I would still be very surprised if Ogier does move to Ford, but that would be interesting for the sport.

Red bull
15th July 2010, 16:49
with ogier at his current form loeb is also feeling the pressure as he knows he ll be pushed hard to the last kilometre and might make a lot of mistakes and maybe loosing out to ogier,remember champions dont remain champions forever.

Allyc85
15th July 2010, 17:13

Both are confirmed at ford for next year and it would be a 3 car team when Ogier joins them.... I hope anyway! :D :D

Red bull
15th July 2010, 17:59
Both are confirmed at ford for next year and it would be a 3 car team when Ogier joins them.... I hope anyway! :D :D
but only two cars for points nomination so one of them has to step aside for ogi :cool:

MJW
15th July 2010, 20:24
but only two cars for points nomination so one of them has to step aside for ogi :cool:
If Ogier goes to Ford that wont be a problem for Seb as he will be ahead of both MH and JML

MR666
16th July 2010, 02:37
with ogier at his current form loeb is also feeling the pressure as he knows he ll be pushed hard to the last kilometre and might make a lot of mistakes and maybe loosing out to ogier,remember champions dont remain champions forever.

That is what I am thinking.

Bobcat
16th July 2010, 16:50
The Future Is In Ogier’s Hands http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2010/07/the-future-is-in-ogiers-hands/

dinartegouveia
16th July 2010, 17:17
I think that Ogier will stay at Citroen. I'm very desapointed by Loeb comment's putting pressure on Ogier.
Oh well, let's see what will happens.

noel157
17th July 2010, 15:52
Didn't Papa Wilsin say on Acores Rally Radio yesterday that as far as he was concerned Kris Meeke had a contract with Citroen next year? Which, if true, would mean Ogier already has a Ford deal. Colin and Julian discussed it today and they reckon Meeke may be in a C4 later this season. Perhaps all speculation?

N.O.T
17th July 2010, 16:28
Meeke to citroen junior in replacement of Ogier ? hmmm....not a bad move publicity wise since for sure citroen could do with a brit to boost their image over there but results and skill wise its not that good.

gravelman
17th July 2010, 16:56
Meeke to citroen junior in replacement of Ogier ? hmmm....not a bad move publicity wise since for sure citroen could do with a brit to boost their image over there but results and skill wise its not that good.

Political...

MJW
17th July 2010, 17:35
Meeke is also a RedBull sponsored "athlete" - I wonder if Citroen will do to Ogier what Malcolm did to Petter 10 years ago? (refuse him a car for the rest of the year after he signed with a rival - Subaru in P.S case) Maybe Ogier finishes the year in Focus.............
Informed sources are convinced the Ford / Ogier deal is a done thing.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 17:43
Meeke is also a RedBull sponsored "athlete" - I wonder if Citroen will do to Ogier what Malcolm did to Petter 10 years ago? (refuse him a car for the rest of the year after he signed with a rival - Subaru in P.S case) Maybe Ogier finishes the year in Focus.............

At least he´ll not be allowed to win. But he doesn´t have to bother anymore... so he might win over Loeb anyway... :p

Tomi
17th July 2010, 17:45

I dont belive in this for a second, Citroen would never let him go that easy, too many things are changing next season, the case might be that Citroen needs 2 good drivers, if the Ford happens to be on par for awhile.

gravelman
17th July 2010, 17:53
It would be a good move for the sport in this part of the world; Ireland and the UK (the Meeke move). For Ogier, possibly a good move but is he a team leader? What Ford desperately need is a serious development driver who, as suggested by previous posters, will make his opinions known and has the balls to stand up to the bosses and demand the changes required to make a car competitive, Gronholm had this. The manufacturers have the power to dangle thier drivers and dicate currnetly in this climate; "The car isnt good enough I want changes" " Heres a change for you, sit in the welfare office and not our car"

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 18:51
I dont belive in this for a second, Citroen would never let him go that easy, too many things are changing next season, the case might be that Citroen needs 2 good drivers, if the Ford happens to be on par for awhile.

Well, but as someone wrote above - politics. What if Citroen and Ford are making this deal just to make the sport even more interesting. That would pay them a lot more than go on as today... :s mokin:

Tomi
17th July 2010, 18:59
Well, but as someone wrote above - politics. What if Citroen and Ford are making this deal just to make the sport even more interesting. That would pay them a lot more than go on as today... :s mokin:

I dont understand your logic, you think Citroen lift Ogier to the first team, just to send him to Ford, to make the sport interesting, LOL good one.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 19:44
I dont understand your logic, you think Citroen lift Ogier to the first team, just to send him to Ford, to make the sport interesting, LOL good one.

Hehe, I said what if. Just thought.
And who knows what the big brains are calculating? :p

tmx
17th July 2010, 19:47
Well, but as someone wrote above - politics. What if Citroen and Ford are making this deal just to make the sport even more interesting. That would pay them a lot more than go on as today... :s mokin: What are you talking about? Citroen wants to go out of their way to give away one of their best driver in order to jeopardize winning and promotion to make WRC entertaining for the TV viewers after dominating the sport for almost a decade? Sounds plausible to me.

The manufacturers have the power to dangle their drivers and dictate currently in this climate; "The car isn't good enough I want changes" " Here's a change for you, sit in the welfare office and not our car" I always think they are working vigorously with their driver to improve the car given having budgets for the tests. But you might be on to something as Hirvonen seems indifference at times and Latvala always feeling guilty about making mistakes. In that case, they needs to hire Alonso.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 20:02
Winning in competition is more worthy than winning without. No one cares any longer when Citroen´s winning and winning, so that´s why I laid out that theoretical thought.

It might be even better if Citroen sacrifies one driver just to equal. And that wouldn´t be Loeb and Sordo, because Sordo is from Spain. Another big market.

tmx
17th July 2010, 20:10
Okay, then I propose Citroen let Loeb join Ford for 2011.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 20:16
Okay, then I propose Citroen let Loeb join Ford for 2011.
Good idea! ;)

Red bull
18th July 2010, 09:28
Didn't Papa Wilsin say on Acores Rally Radio yesterday that as far as he was concerned Kris Meeke had a contract with Citroen next year? Which, if true, would mean Ogier already has a Ford deal. Colin and Julian discussed it today and they reckon Meeke may be in a C4 later this season. Perhaps all speculation?
where does that deal leave solberg for 2011? :confused: :confused:

HaCo
18th July 2010, 10:10
Can't they simply drop the rule where only nominated drivers can score points for manufactures? I think this would solve a lot of issues. And with the cheaper cars coming Ford and Citroen should be able to run more cars.
Of course, by dropping this rule there would be a pretty boring team championship with only 2 teams. :)

vkangas
19th July 2010, 15:31
Ogier has made a contract with Citroen factory team.

Source: MTV3 (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/07/1157521)

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 15:37
wise choice for both.

MJW
19th July 2010, 15:41
Ogier has made a contract with Citroen factory team.

Source: MTV3 (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/07/1157521)

And Loeb?
It would be good to see Loeb and Ogier treated equally at Citroen Sport and have a fight next year.
Brave comment coming up by me as within a few weels or months we will know for certain, but I wonder if Loeb is planning a full WRC season in 2011? My guess is not. Monte is in IRC, maybe he (Loeb) fancies that, plus there is all that spring testing in Florida for the Le Man series. Maybe Seb 1, decides to scale back his wrc effort by selecting his favourite events. Or maybe he decides even completely leave wrc as a 7 times champion, a fitting end to the current wrc car era........
I always thought Citroen would try their very best to hang onto Ogier, but I wonder what was negotiated in / out in making him stay.

TMorel
19th July 2010, 15:46
Well one side effect of all this is sure to be some form of demoralising Mikko and JML, all this talk of Ogier being the "savior" of the WRC, the only one who could take Fords fight to Loeb.
Citroën haven't even won this years championship and they're already discussing how it'll damage the sport if Seb² cause a whitewash. Not saying this was their intention all along but...

vkangas
19th July 2010, 15:48
And Loeb?

No info about Loeb's contract.

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 16:15
And Loeb?
It would be good to see Loeb and Ogier treated equally at Citroen Sport and have a fight next year.
Brave comment coming up by me as within a few weels or months we will know for certain, but I wonder if Loeb is planning a full WRC season in 2011? My guess is not. Monte is in IRC, maybe he (Loeb) fancies that, plus there is all that spring testing in Florida for the Le Man series. Maybe Seb 1, decides to scale back his wrc effort by selecting his favourite events. Or maybe he decides even completely leave wrc as a 7 times champion, a fitting end to the current wrc car era........
I always thought Citroen would try their very best to hang onto Ogier, but I wonder what was negotiated in / out in making him stay.

Loeb has no reason to leave the wrc especially now that the rules are changing...would you leave your job when you still got 2-3 years at least left ??

Ogier/sordo/hirvonen/latvala are going to be in the frame when Loeb retires so no need to rush things.

Allyc85
19th July 2010, 16:40
I really hope Loeb dosnt leave next year, I think it would be another way to judge how great he is when he wins in a different type of WRC car ;)

MJW
19th July 2010, 16:42
Loeb has no reason to leave the wrc especially now that the rules are changing...would you leave your job when you still got 2-3 years at least left ??
Reason I was asking is that Loeb has in the past indicated that he wants to try something else. I have a feeling he may dovetail a part wrc programme with the new world LeMans series in the Peugeot 908. Also picking up on the other thread about Monte staying in IRC Loeb has again previously indicated he misses doing Monte.
Maybe that Loeb fancies a change, and when he undoubtedly becomes 7 times consecutive world champion this year is a convenient time to look for new challenges. This could include Monte in a Peugoet 207, some of his favourite WRC rounds in a DS3 and the 7 round new endurance racing series.

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 17:02
so doing 2-3 racing events in his whole career indicates that he wants to do something else ?? and the fact that he misses a wrc event will make him leave the sport ?? new challenges at 36 ??

People who FAIL at what they do want new challenges...people who never tasted the top want to change direction...name an athlete of any kind who left his sport (willingly) when he was at the absolute top to try something else

whats the name of the planet you live in ??

kakus
19th July 2010, 17:02
No info about Loeb's contract.

Few months ago in french newspaper he said end 2011 .
I want to drive the new car. After we'll see (he said)

J.Lindstroem
19th July 2010, 17:15
so doing 2-3 racing events in his whole career indicates that he wants to do something else ?? and the fact that he misses a wrc event will make him leave the sport ?? new challenges at 36 ??

People who FAIL at what they do want new challenges...people who never tasted the top want to change direction...name an athlete of any kind who left his sport (willingly) when he was at the absolute top to try something else

whats the name of the planet you live in ??

You got a pont there NOT, but at the same time we are not talking about an ordinary athlete. We are talking about a guy that is dominating a sport massively. A sport that right now is suffering from a big lack of competetiveness. Since Grönholm left, no one has really been near to beat this guy. Lets say he wins his 7th title this year, i would really understand if he feels a little bit not bored but lets say "understimulated" by this. But on the other hand, why would you stop competing in the sport when it is about to do a massive change, like the Wrc in 2011? Unlikely! I think Loeb will drive next year and if he gets the fight every athlete wants im sure we can count with him some more years.

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 17:30
i think that when Loeb leaves the sport it will be when he goes home to spend some time with his family and not for another sport or part time racing in circles. I don't know if any of you are involved in any competitive sport but i can tell you winning never becomes boring.

Tomi
19th July 2010, 17:35
i think that when Loeb leaves the sport it will be when he goes home to spend some time with his family and not for another sport or part time racing in circles. I don't know if any of you are involved in any competitive sport but i can tell you winning never becomes boring.

I think the same, but it can happen any time, he has nothing to proof anymore, and his account is full too i think, why bother?

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 18:00
to have something to do....having nothing to do at the age of 35-40 i think feels strange. Extend his record numbers is a good reason to stay if he enjoys it.

I also think he hasn't many years left but i think first he must at least get some signs that his time is starting to come to an end...none retires at the absolute top...

Tomi
19th July 2010, 18:05
to have something to do....having nothing to do at the age of 35-40 i think feels strange. Extend his record numbers is a good reason to stay if he enjoys it.

I also think he hasn't many years left but i think first he must at least get some signs that his time is starting to come to an end...none retires at the absolute top...

the driving is offcourse fun, but when the driver look at the calendar, how many days is travelling, promo, and testing + what ever, maybe its not so fun anymore.