PDA

View Full Version : RHR to Finish Season with AA

TURN3
4th July 2010, 19:07
While this is great news for many reasons, and to me one of them is another driver to further embarass the Princess...here is a very cool and professional point from Racer.com

"part of their support for Hunter-Reay and Team IZOD's car number "37," and in honor of Hunter-Reay's mother, a number of Andretti Autosport team sponsors have committed to making $37,000 donations to "Racing For Cancer." The first official $37k donation to the effort was made by Hunter-Reay's teammate, Tony Kanaan.

Nothing else needs to be said in my opinion.

harvick#1
4th July 2010, 19:23
TK :beer: :D :up:

Hoop-98
4th July 2010, 21:23
From Twitter

@RyanHunterReay (http://twitter.com/RyanHunterReay) won't have to worry race-to-race this season: He has sponsorship for rest of #indycar (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23indycar) season. IZOD is on board.

beachgirl
5th July 2010, 01:12
While this is great news for many reasons, and to me one of them is another driver to further embarass the Princess...here is a very cool and professional point from Racer.com

"part of their support for Hunter-Reay and Team IZOD's car number "37," and in honor of Hunter-Reay's mother, a number of Andretti Autosport team sponsors have committed to making $37,000 donations to "Racing For Cancer." The first official $37k donation to the effort was made by Hunter-Reay's teammate, Tony Kanaan.

Nothing else needs to be said in my opinion.

TK's a class act. And I was so glad to hear RHR will be running the whole rest of the season. He hasn't been whining, really, since he joined Andretti Autosport, and he's getting good equipment too. He's also working really well with Marco and Tony (and I'm sure with Adam Carroll as well). I really believe AA can get back to the top with Penske and Ganassi soon with these four.

Jag_Warrior
5th July 2010, 02:17
Easily the best racing news that I head this weekend.

Scotty G.
5th July 2010, 15:49
IZOD just wrote Andretti a bigger check. That's all.

Andretti couldn't find the money on his own. He can barely find the money to run his overrated son.

Good move by IZOD, because it would have been yet another black eye if the highest ranked American driver (in a series with only 3 Americans) and a 2010 race winner, would have to drop out because of lack of funds.

The sport is in sad enough shape so it didn't need that negative PR.

Alfa Fan
5th July 2010, 15:53
Can I award Scotty G the Eric Idle Award?

edv
5th July 2010, 15:58
"Always look on the bright side of life" ??? :p :

Mark in Oshawa
5th July 2010, 15:58

I came here for an argument!!!!

He is right on this one though....IZOD realized how stupid they would look if their boy wasn't racing in their series.

garyshell
5th July 2010, 21:34
I came here for an argument!!!!

No you didn't!

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2010, 16:56
No you didn't!

Gary

Yes I did. All I am getting now is supposition!

bblocker68
6th July 2010, 17:20
Team America, F-Yeah!!

NaBUru38
7th July 2010, 00:38
Kanaan's father died of cancer too.

Don't miss the funny comments:

Kanaan said contributing has its advantages, too.

"I'm your sponsor now, so you better respect me," he told Hunter-Reay. "Do not pass me or I will pull that sponsorship."

Placid
7th July 2010, 17:00
After 2010, what will be next for RHR?

00steven
7th July 2010, 17:17
Great news for Ryan! And good for TK as well!

bblocker68
7th July 2010, 17:26
After 2010, what will be next for RHR?

Hell, what will be next for the IZOD Indycar Series after 2010? Seems like we're living day to day.

fugariracing
8th July 2010, 05:30
Off-season's a long period of time and RHR has been through the song-and-dance of 'am I racing, am I not' every year. So will be nothing new once the season ends. For now, I'm just happy IZOD stepped up for the rest of the year - RHR has a great chance of being best in the non Penske/Ganassi class for the year.