PDA

View Full Version : Mark Webber stuns commuters

CNR
3rd July 2010, 00:40
Mark Webber stuns commuters by taking Red Bull for rush-hour spin through the streets of London

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1291469/Mark-Webber-stuns-commuters-taking-Red-Bull-spin-London-streets.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Fresh from astonishing onlookers with his dramatic 190mph crash in Sunday's European Grand Prix, Mark Webber was at it again this morning after taking his Red Bull for a rush-hour spin on the streets of London.

Commuters in the capital were stunned at the sight of Webber cruising by famous landmarks such as the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben during the early hours of Friday morning.

Rollo
3rd July 2010, 06:43
He didn't run into the back of a bus, and then blame the bus for moving too slowly did he? :D

Valve Bounce
3rd July 2010, 10:15
This should send both ioan and Daniel into conniptions. :p :

markabilly
3rd July 2010, 13:10
This should send both ioan and Daniel into conniptions. :p :
at first, i thought the substance of this thread was going to be about how many he ran over

Tazio
3rd July 2010, 13:15
at first, i thought the substance of this thread was going to be about how many he ran overI'm sure it was all very safe.
I don't think they let him go fast enough to get caught in the slipstream
of a Mini Cooper with the rear wing stall device engaged :)

Azumanga Davo
3rd July 2010, 14:30
Good thing there were no Europas on the road at the time...

SGWilko
5th July 2010, 09:20
He rudely woke up the oiks who are making a right mess of the gardens in Parliament square.

MrJan
5th July 2010, 09:23
No tax, no MOT, no insurance. I'd get banged up for that.

Old Eyes
5th July 2010, 12:53
Not to mention doing 50 in a 30mph

BT46B
6th July 2010, 09:30
okay at the risk of sounding like typical uninformed American - they didn't really let him do that did they? Oh God this question sounds SO dumb.

MrJan
6th July 2010, 09:56
okay at the risk of sounding like typical uninformed American - they didn't really let him do that did they? Oh God this question sounds SO dumb.

Video shows him driving about. More than likely a very carefully organised PR event which had been planned for ages and they stopped most of the traffic for a few minutes.

ArrowsFA1
6th July 2010, 10:41
they didn't really let him do that did they?
U5YyYUplS9A

Retro Formula 1
6th July 2010, 14:38
Great fun. He got past the Taxi quite easily..... ;)

SGWilko
6th July 2010, 14:41

If Mark had been on a pushbike however, the thick tw4ts that are taxi drivers would have had him off in a jiffy.

Either that or a bendy bus would squash him....

....or a Keltbray lorry.....

MrJan
6th July 2010, 14:42

The cameras weren't rolling when he smashed into the back of it and then complained that the cabby should have moved out of the way for him because it was taking 2 seconds longer to get around the roundabout.

SGWilko
6th July 2010, 14:45
The cameras weren't rolling when he smashed into the back of it and then complained that the cabby should have moved out of the way for him because it was taking 2 seconds longer to get around the roundabout.

One person never to have an accident with is a black cab moron, sorry, driver. 10 seconds after the prang and every other cabbie from miles around turns up, and they all saw what happened, and it wasn't the brainless amoeba behind the wheel of the cab's fault, honest guv.

christophulus
6th July 2010, 21:19
Video shows him driving about. More than likely a very carefully organised PR event which had been planned for ages and they stopped most of the traffic for a few minutes.

Yep, there's cones in the background in a few shots. Plus I doubt they'd send their expensive F1 car out for a publicity stunt without taking millions of precautions.

Great video though.