markabilly
27th June 2010, 15:14
charley Withing

donKey jote
27th June 2010, 15:15
Bernd Mayländer

AndyL
27th June 2010, 15:17
Vettel did a good job to keep it cool and avoid all the incident and controversy that everyone else was getting caught up in.

But it's gotta be Kobayashi. For large portions of the race he was pretty much matching the pace of Hamilton - in a Sauber! Where has that been all season?

truefan72
27th June 2010, 15:20
easy,

kobayashi

markabilly
27th June 2010, 15:20
Vettel did a good job to keep it cool and avoid all the incident and controversy that everyone else was getting caught up in.

But it's gotta be Kobayashi. For large portions of the race he was pretty much matching the pace of Hamilton - in a Sauber! Where has that been all season?
and on what should have been totally crapped out tires....

but that has more to do with the crummy track, which either needs major revision or to be dropped

ioan
27th June 2010, 15:23
Kobayashi hands down.
Hopefully the stewards will punish those who made mistakes and he get's a well deserved podium place, however there are slim chances for this to happen and they already robbed him from his chance to stand on the podium.

ioan
27th June 2010, 15:26
You're late.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 15:35
Kobayashi hands down.
Hopefully the stewards will punish those who made mistakes and he get's a well deserved podium place, however there are slim chances for this to happen and they already robbed him from his chance to stand on the podium.

yep

VkmSpouge
27th June 2010, 15:35
Kamui Kobayashi, drove well on that one set of tyres and then put in two good moves on Buemi and Alonso.

CNR
27th June 2010, 15:47
this is one of the thigs this forum could be better at

Driver of the Valencian GP - 27th Jun 10, 23:59
Driver Of The Race - 27th Jun 10, 23:59

N. Jones
27th June 2010, 16:02
Kamui Kobayashi

Seconded.

Mia 01
27th June 2010, 16:04
It seems as Kobayashi is as good as Alonso, atleast at overtaking.

F1boat
27th June 2010, 16:16
Kobayashi!

DazzlaF1
27th June 2010, 16:35
An easy one this, Kamui Kobayashi, a quite magnificent drive in what is supposed to be an inferior car, he was just as quick (and at a few points, quicker) than Button's McLaren.

His pass on Alonso brought back some happy memories, Sato on Alonso in Canada 07 anyone?

And as for his reputation well by god its gone up, could be a few of the bigger teams looking at him now for next year

ioan
27th June 2010, 16:36
It seems as Kobayashi is as good as Alonso, atleast at overtaking.

No, no. He is better than Alonso.

yodasarmpit
27th June 2010, 16:39
Kobyashi by a long way, great drive and late passes for points
^^^

DazzlaF1
27th June 2010, 16:41

And in the context of things, that late run by Koba could may as well have earned his team millions in TV and prize money, heres hoping as a result of this, they can get some more long term sponsors on board

Instant Mash
27th June 2010, 16:42
Definitely Kobayashi.

Ent
27th June 2010, 17:24
Couldn't agree more. Kobayashi.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 17:25
And in the context of things, that late run by Koba could may as well have earned his team millions in TV and prize money, heres hoping as a result of this, they can get some more long term sponsors on board

good point,. would love to see sauber with some solid sponsorship. Although Peter Sauber said it is looking good for 2011. Maybe we can all chip in $10 on here and purchase a 2 race full livery sponsorship with the motorsport.com livery

UltimateDanGTR
27th June 2010, 17:32
Kobayashi for me. team of the race are sauber, great strategy by making the best of a situation!

Garry Walker
27th June 2010, 17:54
Kobayashi. I laughed very hard when he overtook Alonso

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2010, 18:14
Kobayashi by a mile. THAT is how you overtake in Formula 1. Probably Alonso learned something today, that you win points by RACING, and not by having a little whining party with your buddy engineer over the radio.

Tazio
27th June 2010, 18:18
Vettel, Kobayashi, Barrichello.

Kobayashi might be on the podium if All those 9 cars get penalties! :D

Totally agree!
Those are my pic's ;)

steveaki13
27th June 2010, 18:38
Yep same as most people

Kobay.

A word for Vettel and Barrichello

christophulus
27th June 2010, 18:40
Yep same as most people

Kobay.

A word for Vettel and Barrichello

Ditto. Kudos for Kobayashi for livening up another dull Valencia GP.

52Paddy
27th June 2010, 19:11
Also throwing in the Kobayashi card for the record :up:

A pat on the back for Williams too though. Solid run from Barrichello and Hulkenberg (until he retired).

jens
27th June 2010, 19:35
What a brilliant drive by Kobayashi. :D :up: This is finally the sort of stuff people have been looking forward to after the end of 2009. He managed to nurse worn tyres brilliantly and was faster than many guys on fresher tyres, not to mention the opportunism in getting as many scalps as possible in the end. He still needs to overcome his qualifying inconsistencies though. Some have been talking about a possible podium with the help of penalties, but let's be honest for a moment - it would have been a pretty bad way of getting your first ever podium without stepping on the rostrum. Let him earn that podium on merit. :)

Rubens Barrichello. :up: This old hand seems to be very much enjoying this street circuit, also remembering his excellent drive to win last year.

Sutil had a pretty good pace in the GP, overcoming an invisible qualifying session to have a strong pace and actually catching the Rubens' group by the end.

Vettel should be relieved to have a troublefree race and a win after a long time, although he almost cocked up at the end of the safety car session.

Di Grassi is worth a mention for outclassing Glock for the first time all season.

MrMetro
27th June 2010, 19:36
Kobayashi. I laughed very hard when he overtook Alonso

same here :D

SGWilko
27th June 2010, 20:04
same here :D

Me too. In fact, I think a little bit of wee wee came out because I laughed so hard.

And then I laughed even more when the football came on.

Needless to say I am on fresh undies now......

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 20:40
Kobayashi weldone mate....keep up the great work, your boss is well pleased with your performance... yet you made a 2 times 'past now' world champ looks very ordinary !!

woody2goody
27th June 2010, 21:00
Kobayashi, Vettel, Barrichello, di Grassi

That Sauber has been good all year in the races, just a shame they can't qualify well. Pedro also had a good race today.

Jag_Warrior
27th June 2010, 21:11
Kamui Kobayashi

Absolutely! :up: Kamui MADE the race for me. Hell of a drive!!!

Sleeper
28th June 2010, 14:46
This must be the first time everyone on the forum has agreed, Kobayashi.

52Paddy
28th June 2010, 18:42
This must be the first time everyone on the forum has agreed, Kobayashi.

...which is great testimony to just how good his run was :p :

airshifter
28th June 2010, 21:07
Alonso by far. Oh wait, that would be donkey of the race.

Kobay for sure. Priceless move.

Great drive by Rubens also.

wmcot
28th June 2010, 23:36

Totally agree - with Barrichello a close second.

The again, maybe Webber for the neat in car video of the clouds and blue sky. You don't see that every race!

Saint Devote
29th June 2010, 03:17
Question - should Hamilton have been given that drive-through?

He passed the SC before it reached the end of the SC line and reviewing the grand prix in much more calmer frame of mind, I reckon he did nothing wrong there.

Kudos to Mclaren and Hamilton for setting quick laps - it goes to show how important getting ahead of the chap in front can be!!!

Excellent tactical race and made up for Hamilton's dozey restart when Vettel almost lost it.