PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon

GridGirl
23rd June 2010, 21:32
Mahut Vs Isner

All I can say is awesome, amazing, tiring, record breaking and unbelieveable!!!!! Isner was just dead on his feet and wouldn't give up. Both guys are super human. Right now I just don't want anyone to win. It would be so unfair to favour either of them.

veeten
23rd June 2010, 21:42
is that match still going? :p :

Tazio
23rd June 2010, 22:26
is that match still going? :p :

59-59 in tie breaker 10 hrs into the match :eek:

Rollo
24th June 2010, 00:31
What's the bet that whoever happens to get through to the next round will be beaten in straight sets. They'd both be quite drained after that I should think.

harvick#1
24th June 2010, 00:54
59-59 in tie breaker 10 hrs into the match :eek:

and delayed for the 2nd day in a row for darkness, and the winner of this match was suppose to play tomorrow.

but this is one of those moments where you tip your hat to two athletes who are doing the impossible and neither are backing down the fight

race aficionado
24th June 2010, 01:03
but this is one of those moments where you tip your hat to two athletes who are doing the impossible and neither are backing down the fight

:up: :up:

It is amazing.
What a battle
:s mokin:

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 07:20
Someone's gonna lose...and I bet it is quick when they restart. You cannot capture that magic twice....

Tazio
24th June 2010, 14:15
Anyone feeling lucky? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Before John Isner and Nicolas Mahut took the court at Wimbledon, only tennis aficionados and gamblers knew that they were a couple of evenly matched big hitters. Now, after 10 hours of tennis, the world knows these two players possess great endurance. And now, punters around the globe want to bet when (if ever) and how this epic duel might end.
Betfair, the betting exchange, has matched $15 million in bets at essentially even odds for both Isner and Mahut.

Hill, the London-based betting shop, is offering 25-1 the match goes into Friday and 10-1 that the longest Wimbledon final set ever will reach or surpass 150 games. More discerning handicappers might want take 11-8 odds that it goes 120 to 125 games; or 15-8 it ends somewhere between 126 and 131 games; or the relatively safe 2-1 odds that it goes to at least 132 games :s mokin:

Tazio
24th June 2010, 17:24
Someone's gonna lose...and I bet it is quick when they restart. You cannot capture that magic twice....
Did you bet? :p :
I hope not you would have lost! ;)

Dave B
25th June 2010, 12:37
What a game! I like a bit of tennis but that was simply phenomenal. Such a shame someone had to lose.

Tazio
25th June 2010, 15:22
Actually at its lowest common denominator you had a 6' 10" American that could serve like a guy 6'10", that is not very talented with his ground strokes or volley's, and a guy from France 6'3" that had a decent serve but was far superior in every other aspect of the game that they only had a handful of service breaks in the entire marathon!

Tazio
30th June 2010, 07:54
"The Predators" had mixed results today Venus ousted by the lowest remaining seed
And Serena is in cruise mode!

donKey jote
30th June 2010, 23:00
Nadal still in despite leg problems, Federer shock exit :s

Mark
1st July 2010, 11:04
Great match from Murray yesterday. Faltered a little in the first two sets but then put his opponent away decisively in the end. Tsonga no longa!

The big test is next, Nadal! Murray, like Henman has got to the semi-final before which seems to be about as far as British players can get recently!

Tazio
1st July 2010, 14:00
The big test is next, Nadal! Murray, like Henman has got to the semi-final before which seems to be about as far as British players can get recently!Dream on McDuff! ;)

ShiftingGears
1st July 2010, 17:49
Great match from Murray yesterday. Faltered a little in the first two sets but then put his opponent away decisively in the end. Tsonga no longa!

The big test is next, Nadal! Murray, like Henman has got to the semi-final before which seems to be about as far as British players can get recently!

You mean only for Wimbledon?

Because Murray has reached the US and Australian Open final before.

Mark
1st July 2010, 18:03
Yes. Wimbledon. After all Rusedski was in the US final too. Here it is all about Wimbledon, I doubt many would be too I interested should Murray win any other tournament.

slinkster
2nd July 2010, 18:38
Murray's out. I'm glad- don't like him one bit.

Awesome power from Rafa... sailed through in straight sets. :-)

Tazio
2nd July 2010, 18:48
Murray's out. I'm glad- don't like him one bit.

Awesome power from Rafa... sailed through in straight sets. :-)

And does Tomas Berdych's dream end against Nadal?
Great Final I hope it's close :up:

Tazio
3rd July 2010, 18:44
Predator II cruises to ladies title 6-3, 6-2

Tazio
5th July 2010, 00:08
Congrat's to Rafa giving a beat-down in the final! :vader: