PDA

View Full Version : World Council

MJW
23rd June 2010, 19:15
Source http://www.fia.com

RALLYING

The FIA World Rally Championship calendar remains as ratified by the World Council in April 2010. There will be 13 events to allow the evolution of rallying worldwide, including the format of events and eligibility of cars.

From 2011, the sporting regulations will be amended to allow any tyre manufacturer to supply tyres. Regulations will be implemented to control costs. The amended regulations will be presented to the WMSC for a fax vote before 20 July 2010. The FIA Junior World Rally Championship will continue with a single tyre supplier.

With immediate effect, the name of the co-driver will be included on the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship and Regional Rally Championships.

The World Council adopted new cost-controlling technical regulations for the Regional Rally Championships to permit the adaptation of the current Super 2000 cars to the new 1.6L turbo engine.

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology.

By my reading that means no paddle shift for the new cars in 2011, namely the DS3 as the Fiesta is homologated with a sequential gearlever, (no doubt they would have homologated a flappy paddle in time for 2011, but the yway I read that its delayed
Also anyone know whats meant by allowing adaptation of current S200 cars to 1.6T, can you put a DS3 1.6T into a 207?

AndyRAC
23rd June 2010, 23:09
Good news about the tyre choice, and sense at last over the co-drivers name!
As for the Regional championships, not sure, my guess is European, AsiaPacific, etc type series can put a 1.6T into a current S2000 car.

Macd
24th June 2010, 00:11
I assume it means backwards compatibility with homologation, eg putting a fiesta 1.6t engine in a car homologated in 2009/2010

Gard
24th June 2010, 08:52
I assume it means backwards compatibility with homologation, eg putting a fiesta 1.6t engine in a car homologated in 2009/2010

This also means change of transmission line, including gearbox. Can't imagine that the current will do, with the more powerful 1.6t engines

Gard
24th June 2010, 08:55
This will also open up for BF Goodridge/Michelin, Hankook and Bridgestone money entering WRC

pino
24th June 2010, 09:02
Good news about the tyre choice, and sense at last over the co-drivers name!

:up:

Livewireshock
24th June 2010, 11:27
I guess it will be the end of the Pirelli Star program too though with the lack of an exclusive tyre deal. Which is a shame in many respects.

Juha_Koo
24th June 2010, 14:48
With immediate effect, the council also decided that co-drivers names will be reintroduced to the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship. This is great news. :) The unsung heroes get their names back on the windows after a long pause. I never understood the rule that prohibited their names from the windows.

PJRevs
24th June 2010, 15:30
Anybody knows PWRC calendar for 2011?

Sulland
24th June 2010, 22:24
Source http://www.fia.com

RALLYING

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology.

By my reading that means no paddle shift for the new cars in 2011, namely the DS3 as the Fiesta is homologated with a sequential gearlever

It says that FIA did not select a single supplier, but it says nothing about that the two manufacturers cant homologate paddle shift for their car for 2011, or am I mistaken ?

HaCo
24th June 2010, 22:26
It says that FIA did not select a single supplier, but it says nothing about that the two manufacturers cant homologate paddle shift for their car for 2011, or am I mistaken ?
Yep, that is how I read it as well.

CyborgVR4
25th June 2010, 02:40
You could read it like that.

Or you could think that any paddle shift system is up to the FIA to allow, and as there was no suitable system submitted/accepted then no such systems are allowed.

Reading betwen the lines I suspect the "critera" may of included something along the lines of the next sentence in the FIA's statement - "in line with the evolution of similar road car technology."
Which to me would suggest a double clutch gearbox or similar system that is in current production, rather than the current WRC technology.

Sulland
25th June 2010, 08:25
I think it is a question of price. FIA sees they need to do something to keep the price of the 1600T WRC lower than the current one, otherwise this exercise is completely wasted !

igi
25th June 2010, 16:36
I agree with CyborgVR4. I think lowering of costs must not be single criteria. If for example develompment of double clutch technology in wrc cars - even probably much more expensive than current boxes - would benefit road cars, that would be price worth paying.
Rules has to go in direction to help develop technology for road cars, not just to lower costs. That IMO would atract more manufacturers, and manufacturers crown would count much more (at least in marketing sense).

ste898
27th June 2010, 07:49
my god some common sense is coming back nto WRC!!!!!

ProRally
27th June 2010, 12:18
I guess it will be the end of the Pirelli Star program too though with the lack of an exclusive tyre deal. Which is a shame in many respects.

Was a silly thing anyway, hardly any cars can finnish a event.... :D

OldF
27th June 2010, 20:59
This also means change of transmission line, including gearbox. Can't imagine that the current will do, with the more powerful 1.6t engines

That’s true. The current S2000 gearboxes can’t cope with the higher TORQUE (the power is no problem) of a 1.6T engine.

XTRAC: 250 Nm

http://www.xtrac.com/pdfs/532%20SUPER%202000%20RALLY%20REAR%20GEARBOX.pdf

Sadev: 410 Nm (I think it’s this one used in S2000)

http://www.hansen-motorsport.se/bilder/bilder_sadev_transmission/SUVT90-14%20%204WD%20A%2017%2012%20071.pdf

Carlo
2nd July 2010, 21:38

It was only a three year deal