PDA

View Full Version : For The Yanks-Blagojevich Trial

Hondo
23rd June 2010, 14:31
I have heard some of the tape transcripts and at least once it was the actual tape where Blagojevich says in exchange for the senate seat he wants to "get something good for himself and the people of Illinois".

I don't see much difference between that and the arm-twisting and vote buying that was going on back during the Health Care nonsense. Senators, unions, and states were promised funds and exemptions for their support of the health care bill.

Hang every last stinking one of them. Start again with a completely new group.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 21:24
Fiero, the only thing is, if it is a one on one conversation like Blago had it is illegal, but if your are Nancy Pelosi promising something to Stupak in Michigan, it is legal...lol

Yup....well, you guys have your fun this November. If a lot of people are looking for work in Obama's party in November...well then it will be a sign more people agree with you.

Hondo
24th June 2010, 09:49
Fiero, the only thing is, if it is a one on one conversation like Blago had it is illegal, but if your are Nancy Pelosi promising something to Stupak in Michigan, it is legal...lol

Yup....well, you guys have your fun this November. If a lot of people are looking for work in Obama's party in November...well then it will be a sign more people agree with you.

You might think that now, but with BP's 20 billion dollar slush fund, Obama teleprompting a few words about how the worst is now behind us and there is smooth sailing ahead and the Dems passing out free money, they will have no problem getting the "useful idiots" to vote them back in. I am surprised to learn who voted for Obama with every passing day. I really had hoped people were smarter than that and would do some research. Like they say, you have the government you deserve.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 21:18
You might think that now, but with BP's 20 billion dollar slush fund, Obama teleprompting a few words about how the worst is now behind us and there is smooth sailing ahead and the Dems passing out free money, they will have no problem getting the "useful idiots" to vote them back in. I am surprised to learn who voted for Obama with every passing day. I really had hoped people were smarter than that and would do some research. Like they say, you have the government you deserve.

he can say the worst is behind them...but the news keeps showing birds covered in oil on the news.....and as long as that optic is seen on the news, this is no different than LBJ saying they were winning in Nam, or Bush declaring combat in Iraq over...

Hondo
24th June 2010, 22:12
That fool in Chicago or New York or Los Angeles doesn't give a damn about a pelican covered in cajun BBQ sauce. He's kicked back with his quart of da 'Bull happily waiting for the new wheels Obama is going to buy him with BP money. Besides, Obama didn't blow that well out, BP and George Bush did. As soon as Obama starts talking about raising the amounts on benefit checks his loyal Dem congress will be back in style.

It doesn't matter what you believe and can prove or what I believe or can prove. What matters is how much something for nothing you promise the "useful idiots".

BDunnell
24th June 2010, 22:50
Why is a thread allowed to be started with the label 'For the Yanks'? Do you think the rest of us don't know who Blagojevich is?

anthonyvop
24th June 2010, 23:07
Oh Boy...Is this great!!!!

A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.
» Click to enlarge image
John Harris, Rod Blagojevich's ex-chief of staff, said he was convinced Barack Obama knew of the quid quo pro Blagojevich expected for a Senate nod.

Rod Blagojevich and his wife, Patti, are on the phone discussing a job possibility at a labor organization.

Rod Blagojevich: It doesn't matter. You're . . . just wasting f------ time . . . We're simply saying, create this position. Here's what I want . . .

Patti Blagojevich: Yeah.

R.B.: How about I hang up on you? What are you doin'? What is this? . . .

P.B.: I tried to be helpful and you jumped down my f------throat . . .

R.B.: I don't like you talkin' in some weird f------ way.

Rod Blagojevich to his wife on Barack Obama's marriage

R.B.: He's more henpecked than me. So he listens to Michelle Obama more than I listen to you.

Rod Blagojevich on a job with the Salvation Army

R.B.: Oh, that would be huge. But do you have to wear a uniform? Forget that.

Rod Blagojevich on a job at the United Way

R.B: The United Way. What is the United Way?

Rod Blagojevich on his potty mouth

R.B.: That's f------ good. I gotta stop swearin.' I gotta stop swearin'.

P.B: It's terrible.

R.B.: Yeah.

P.B.: Total gutter mouth.

R.B.: Very bad.

"The president understands that the governor would be willing to make the appointment of Valerie Jarrett as long as he gets what he's asked for. . . . The governor gets the Cabinet appointment he's asked for," Harris said, explaining a recorded call.

Harris said Blagojevich came away believing Obama knew what he wanted after having a conversation with a local union representative, who in turn spoke with labor leader Tom Balanoff, with whom Blagojevich met to discuss a Jarrett appointment. Jarrett, now a White House adviser, was seeking the appointment to Obama's Senate seat.

Rest of story here.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/2427402,CST-NWS-BLAGO24.article

Blagojevich on tape: Get Obama to fund-raise from Warren Buffett, Bill Gates
By
Sarah Ostman

In the next tape, Blagojevich is heard floating another idea -- to ask the president-elect to ask Warren Buffett or Bill Gates to throw $15 million into a health-care related charity account that Blago could manage and live off. In exchange, of course, he'd appoint Valerie Jarrett to Obama's Senate seat.

Blago had just seen on the news that Obama didn't want Jarrett in the Senate anymore; instead, he was considering her for a cabinet post. But Blago's not convinced, and he floats this new fund-raising idea.

Rod: This is one of those things where you're the president-elect of the United States. His people, they go get the money.
Harris: I think that's a lot easier for them than an appointment, sure...
Rod: You go to these big Democratic multi-billionaires ... and you ask them all to give 2, ... a couple million each ... That's all they got to do for Valerie Jarrett... that's not hard for them.

Harris wasn't so convinced -- the Obama camp "may have higher priorities," he said from the stand. But he didn't fight the idea.

"I was just being agreeable with him," Harris said in court. "Just keeping the conversation moving along. There was other matters i was hoping to get to."

Later on the tape, Blago says he wants Harris to find some other Senate candidates.

"Why don't we start looking for an African-American Tammy Duckworth? We can, can't we?" he is heard asking.

Judge Zagel has called a lunch break. We'll resume at 1:30.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blago/2010/06/blagojevich_on_tape_get_obama.html

Hondo
25th June 2010, 00:36
Why is a thread allowed to be started with the label 'For the Yanks'? Do you think the rest of us don't know who Blagojevich is?

I didn't figure anybody else would even care. He's just another indicted politician. Except for the sport aspect, I'm not sure we care.

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2010, 20:33
That fool in Chicago or New York or Los Angeles doesn't give a damn about a pelican covered in cajun BBQ sauce. He's kicked back with his quart of da 'Bull happily waiting for the new wheels Obama is going to buy him with BP money. Besides, Obama didn't blow that well out, BP and George Bush did. As soon as Obama starts talking about raising the amounts on benefit checks his loyal Dem congress will be back in style.

It doesn't matter what you believe and can prove or what I believe or can prove. What matters is how much something for nothing you promise the "useful idiots".

Not sure if there is enough of those idiots out there to gain re-election. I think a lot of people voted for Obama truly thinking they were getting a change and they believed in the message. The reality is, the man is a ditherer on crisis situations, and that is a death sentence for American Presidents. IT pounded the final nails in Dubya's popularity coffin...

BDunnell
25th June 2010, 23:39
I didn't figure anybody else would even care. He's just another indicted politician. Except for the sport aspect, I'm not sure we care.

Oh, I think it's fascinating, and very funny.

Mark in Oshawa
26th June 2010, 16:37
Oh, I think it's fascinating, and very funny.

Blago is so dense, he doesn't understand that his media celebrity is based on the fact we all look at him as the prototypical crooked politician and the public want him behind bars.

I remember the day the indictment hit the press. I was in Peoria, and I joked with a guy on the loading dock about his governor. Well.....you should have heard the disdain they had for this guy before the scandal. I am still mystified how he was elected, but near as I can figure, if you are a man that the Chicago machine likes, you get in. Ever since Kennedy had dead men in cemetaries voting for him, the Chicago Machine has been electing their people...and most of them are bent or crooked. Just ole Blago was over the top...