PDA

View Full Version : Obama's internet killswitch

ShiftingGears
20th June 2010, 09:37
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/obama-internet-kill-switch-proposed-20100618-yln6.html

Seriously WTF? What a joke. The only problem with getting these idiots out of office is that they'll just get replaced by more.

Eki
20th June 2010, 11:19
Yup, I'm starting to agree with Bob on Obama, for different reasons though. The rest of the world should start building an idiot proof (read American proof) internet so that it wouldn't affect the rest of the world if even the whole US were dropped from the net.

Bob Riebe
21st June 2010, 23:14
IF the world is as sorry-assed as this: All our financial systems, all our security systems ... we're so reliant on the internet that if you shut it down there's a question of whether society will continue to operate normally anywhere in the Western world," Landfeldt said in a phone interview.--I hope they pass the law, those crapped on by it deserve it, for being such sorry-assed wimps.

Chaos is better than living in such a scenario.

The other item with this possibility is, barring Wash. being run by some one even less competent than Barry Obama, the only time this would be used is in a time of full scale war.
Now it would only take one Fusion bomb high air burst to shut down the inter-net on the west coast, and one or two more to for all purposes disconnect the whole country.

SO, what good would this law do?

Roamy
23rd June 2010, 00:50
Yup, I'm starting to agree with Bob on Obama, for different reasons though. The rest of the world should start building an idiot proof (read American proof) internet so that it wouldn't affect the rest of the world if even the whole US were dropped from the net.

yea you can have the NokiaNet

race aficionado
23rd June 2010, 02:16
Good grief!
it's US Senator Joe Lieberman we're talking about here.

He says that the internet is a dangerous place ...
Lieberman IS a dangerous place.

Try conjugating that one.
:s mokin:

Tazio
23rd June 2010, 03:17
Yup, I'm starting to agree with Bob on Obama, for different reasons though. The rest of the world should start building an idiot proof (read American proof) internet so that it wouldn't affect the rest of the world if even the whole US were dropped from the net.I'll be brief you anti-american slime. (all of you) The only sane comment in regard to this is stated by Google.
I would provide the link but conveniently it is in the one you provided with the really exiting headline
Google, one of the world's biggest internet companies, declined to comment as it was not yet official US government policy. Nothing personal here. You jumped the gun! This forum, no this world (That would be the one inhabited, by those blinded by the tabloid press) Need to get a grip of reality or take a valium. Joe Lieberman is a paranoid wing nut that neither party wants to claim!
The worst case scenario is an "Internet cold war"
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365393,00.asp
"Right now, China, the government, can disconnect parts of its Internet in a case of war. We need to have that here, too," Lieberman concluded.

owwwwwww scary movie :eek:

hPJn0QJPaoc&feature=related

Eki
23rd June 2010, 08:43
Good grief!
it's US Senator Joe Lieberman we're talking about here.

He says that the internet is a dangerous place ...
Lieberman IS a dangerous place.

Try conjugating that one.
:s mokin:
We need Al Gore to reinvent the internet.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 21:29
We need Al Gore to reinvent the internet.

No we don't. Al Gore's greatest invention is his own myth of intelligence. One of the biggest wind bags in US political history....

Tazio
30th June 2010, 13:25
No we don't. Al Gore's greatest invention is his own myth of intelligence. One of the biggest wind bags in US political history....The biggest now that Ted Kennedy is dead! :uhoh:

Mark in Oshawa
30th June 2010, 17:41
The biggest now that Ted Kennedy is dead! :uhoh:

You have that right. Ted at least sounded like he cared...No one does insincerity quite like Al Gore...

Eki
30th June 2010, 17:57
The biggest now that Ted Kennedy is dead! :uhoh:
The Kennedy Kill Switch finally got him too.

Tazio
30th June 2010, 18:29
The Kennedy Kill Switch finally got him too.

It has been quite efficient!! :eek:
That was the switch that Sinatra requested! ;)