PDA

View Full Version : Obama to sue Arizona for being stupid enuff to think illegal means illegal

markabilly
19th June 2010, 01:31
seems our beloved president may sue arizona for being stupid enough to think illegal means illegal and then enacting laws accordingly.... :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/18/us.arizona.immigration.law/index.html?hpt=T1

and since Hillary says it is so, then so it must be

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=asj7x2vM45Lc&pos=9

who said only palin was stupid????

and now eki will say, Obama should also sue Israel for letting jews into Israel, but not illegal immigrants

Bob Riebe
19th June 2010, 03:47
The man is dangerously arrogant and incompetent.

A cheap Chicago thug politician is one thing, but a arrogant incompetent cheap
Chicago thug politician is what we have for a president.

Jimmy Carter is probably smiling as no matter how bad he looked, he was better than Obama.

airshifter
19th June 2010, 06:02
Par for the course. They give lip service on what Obama is supposed to do in the future, and sue the people trying to get it done now. And it seems as though the majority of the objection is that the AZ law will "allow" possible discrimination. Every law allows "possible" discrimination, yet it has to actually take place to cause an issue.

Eki
19th June 2010, 10:01
Can states have immigration laws different from federal immigration laws? How about different foreign policy? Oh wait, sure they can. They are different countries, just ask Bob.

Roamy
19th June 2010, 15:32
The man is dangerously arrogant and incompetent.

A cheap Chicago thug politician is one thing, but a arrogant incompetent cheap
Chicago thug politician is what we have for a president.

Jimmy Carter is probably smiling as no matter how bad he looked, he was better than Obama.
:up: :up: :up:

AAReagles
19th June 2010, 18:23
seems our beloved president may sue arizona for being stupid enough to think illegal means illegal and then enacting laws accordingly.... :rolleyes:

Okay, well the last several administrations are guilty of not addressing this issue, and because of the drug war/war on terrorism, now all of a sudden, it has become of a hot button issue. And rightly so for us border states.

The thing that gets me about Obama's reaction on this, is that it appears he is more willing to use some sort of compromise manners with other nations, but not when it comes to Arizona on this urgent issue.

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2010, 18:26
Can states have immigration laws different from federal immigration laws? How about different foreign policy? Oh wait, sure they can. They are different countries, just ask Bob.

It isn't an immigration law Eki. That is just it. The States are in charge of enforcing the federal law, in that if a State in their course of their law enforcement come across illegals, they are duty bound to hand them to federal authorities to deport them to their country of origin. What Arizona is doing is just asking people to provide proof of citizenship. THAT's it. Now it sounds draconian, but think about this: Any time you open up a bank account, get a driver's license, or deal with government, you actually have to show proof of your citizenship. I have to get a passport renewed in the next year. You think for one second I am not showing up with a valid birth certificate?

What is happening is Arizona is going to just ask for this proof of citizenship with every interaction with the public when law enforcement deals with them. If they pull you over, they want proof you are who you say you are. Illegals often have some rudimentry paperwork that hides their status, but it wont be enough. The reality is illegal immigrants have swamped the US social services to the point of breaking. The number of hospitals in Southern California that have been pushed into financial insolvencey through illegals being treated there (no hospital can deny emergency care) without coverage is just one strain.

What is going on in Arizona sounds draconian to the likes of Obama, who thinks if he speaks long enough, everyone will agree with him. Never mind he isn't right, and never mind the states like Arizona wouldn't be doing things like this if the US federal gov't was good at anything but collecting taxes.

Bob Riebe
19th June 2010, 21:41
[quote="Eki"]Can states have immigration laws different from federal immigration laws? How about different foreign policy? Oh wait, sure they can. They are different countries, just ask B
Each State has a Constitution, but the U.S. Constitution trumps those where they over-lap.
You are babbling again Eki, didn't you get your daily dose of the wiki?

There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution saying Arizona cannot do what it is doing, or in any Fed. law.
Obama is just showing he is a self-righteous, self-centerd, incompetent twit.

The previous administrations were no better, but then they did not go to court to protect illegal aliens.

Eki
19th June 2010, 21:51
What is going on in Arizona sounds draconian to the likes of Obama, who thinks if he speaks long enough, everyone will agree with him.
You're just saying that because he's black and a democrat. And you call me an anti-Semite and an anti-American. Hypocrite, as Bob would say.

Eki
19th June 2010, 22:08
I read that the Finnish immigrants in the US were discriminated against, so I can identify with the black and the brown:

http://rs6.loc.gov:8081/learn/features/immig/scandinavian5.html

Finns faced greater challenges than many of the Scandinavian immigrants that preceded them. The Finnish language is radically different from all other European languages, and Finnish-speaking immigrants had greater difficulty learning English than those who spoke Swedish or Norwegian. As a result, many Finnish immigrants were relegated to low-paying unskilled jobs that did not require English-language skills, such as factory work and manual labor. At the same time, the decades of high Finnish immigration coincided with a period of increased public hostility towards immigrants, and Finns were often subjected to discrimination in housing and jobs, as well as public insults and physical attacks.

AAReagles
20th June 2010, 00:23
You're just saying that because he's black and a democrat. And you call me an anti-Semite and an anti-American. Hypocrite, as Bob would say.

I believe what Mark In Oshawa was implying, is that Obama is a spellbinding orater. Which even a conservative such as I would have to agree. He does sound intelligent, and I also believe he is. So just to give him the benefit of the doubt as you perhaps wish, the man is finding out that as an executive heads of state - as ever - there are deals with the devil that have to be made.

I don't agree with his decisions, but I'm willing to notice on some occasions that he probably has no choice on some matters.

It's not just conservatives that he has come under fire from btw., some liberals are on his case as well, for backing up the train on some of his policies.

I read that the Finnish immigrants in the US were discriminated against, so I can identify with the black and the brown...

I'm sorry Eki, but I have difficulty believing that. My Irish ancestors went through BS too, but that was looong ago, and they eventually faired better than my Cherokee ancestors did.

The blacks and browns are still up against a wall of disparity to some degree, and even though things have improved since the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the repercussions are still felt from the past decades, otherwise there would not be the level of gang violence that there is today.

Bob Riebe
20th June 2010, 03:47
You're just saying that because he's black and a democrat.
Do you have proof.

The only people that play the race card are closet racists.

Bob Riebe
20th June 2010, 03:49
I believe what Mark In Oshawa was implying, is that Obama is a spellbinding orater. Which even a conservative such as I would have to agree. .

Jeez, when pigs fly; Obama can read a teleprompter, that is far from beng an orator.

He has speech writers that can concoct a good street hustle.

AAReagles
20th June 2010, 04:49
Jeez, when pigs fly; Obama can read a teleprompter, that is far from beng an orator.

He has speech writers that can concoct a good street hustle.

Like other candidates weren't using some form of aid or another?

It doesn't matter. Whether it's a telepromter, or messages in a bottle being reduced into the palm of one's hand. If Obama is to be branded on such minor offenses, then one would have to wonder what Bush would fall under.

Further more, as far as I'm concerned, this country does NOT NEED another Bush, if that is all there is to offer.

Father, or son, neither was capable of representing this country whatsoever. Obama I am no fan of, just don't try to sell me on some BS that Bush, Palin or whatever Repub., is the answer.

The only reason I'll be remotely interested in voting for a Repub., again, is on gun rights, AND gun rights ALONE.

Sorry man, but this country was sold out a long time ago, perhaps when Kennedy was killed, or when Eisenhower left office. I'm more inclined to think the latter, but him being a Republican has nothing to do with it, than the conventional wisdom of the times... and TRUST, I might add.

So good luck finding someone you can trust nowadays.

Bob Riebe
20th June 2010, 05:30
Like other candidates weren't using some form of aid or another?

It doesn't matter. Whether it's a telepromter, or messages in a bottle being reduced into the palm of one's hand. If Obama is to be branded on such minor offenses, then one would have to wonder what Bush would fall under.

Further more, as far as I'm concerned, this country does NOT NEED another Bush, if that is all there is to offer.

Father, or son, neither was capable of representing this country whatsoever. Obama I am no fan of, just don't try to sell me on some BS that Bush, Palin or whatever Repub., is the answer.

The only reason I'll be remotely interested in voting for a Repub., again, is on gun rights, AND gun rights ALONE.

Sorry man, but this country was sold out a long time ago, perhaps when Kennedy was killed, or when Eisenhower left office. I'm more inclined to think the latter, but him being a Republican has nothing to do with it, than the conventional wisdom of the times... and TRUST, I might add.

So good luck finding someone you can trust nowadays.
Unless George Bush was speaking of something that was personally important to him, he was an inept public speaker.

Obama without his prompts is--AH-UH-I- AH-UHH-AHH-UMMM....

Big difference.

I have zero love for Eisenhower.

Beyond Truman and Reagan, none were much to write home about.
Kennedy died before one could say much based on anything.

Bay of Pigs, total screw-up; Cuba stand-off, don't fuc- with the U.S., fifty percent average.
Kennedy and Nixon were good friends, what change from today.

Anyone who is impressed by Obama is not paying one damn bit of attention to what he is saying, because he never says anything, beyond blaming others for any and everything.

dunes
21st June 2010, 01:20
TRhe Kennedy's,Hoffa'even Bob Marley were all removed before they could do the right thing. The right thing IMO isw helping the common people make a start in life and prosper.
Since the 50's If you weren't born into riches you worked for the richies.They { poloticians} eliminated middleclass because of this and now are segregating the lower classes into fighting amonst themselves just to keep from answering the real questions; such as why do you get richer and we get poorer.
I'm not going into along fact proven basis but if you live here I'll bet a donut you'll agree wth me. Demorcrates are orators and republicans are money marketrs. Niether one is a man of the people.

anthonyvop
21st June 2010, 15:15
TRhe Kennedy's,Hoffa'even Bob Marley were all removed before they could do the right thing.

Kennedy, Hoffa and Marley all in the same sentence....Must be some kind of Internet record.

Kennedy martyrdom precludes many from looking at what a disaster his presidency was becoming. He brought in Ivy league elite and it was becoming apparent they had no clue in regards to foreign policy and economics....Sounds familiar?

Hoffa was a Union Thug who represented all that was and is wrong with Unions.

Marley was a musician. Nothing more, nothing less. Aside from some mild power in Jamaica he was no messiah and like most other musicians overstate their importance to the political scene.

Eki
21st June 2010, 15:23
Do you have proof.

The only people that play the race card are closet racists.
That makes as little sense as if you said that I'm a closet republican because I used the democrat card.

AAReagles
21st June 2010, 15:51
... Demorcrates are orators and republicans are money marketrs. Niether one is a man of the people.

Niether party is reputable as well. Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing the Demos., and Repubs., lose more and more voters to a point that a third party evolves.

That won't be the solution, as I believe what others have said before, about the human factor of greed and ambition that go hand in hand with the customary malfeasance. But it might offset some of the Right/Left-wingnut, insult-nonsense that appears to be hijacking too much time and energy on issues (environment, trade, etc. ) when the topics themselves should be what's focused on to strive for the greater common good.

Bob Riebe
21st June 2010, 22:33
That makes as little sense as if you said that I'm a closet republican because I used the democrat card.
Makes no sense as you are writing what you wish I had said; you cannot stand the truth.
Keep on trolling, you are good at it.