PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye wrc

rallyrazz
17th June 2010, 20:25
Well, despite being the first motorsport I watched and loved, I am going to stop watching the wrc. I've had enough of Ford and Citroen holding a once great championship to ransom. I've had enough of ISC/North One sport's awful promotion of the chamionship. I've had enough of useless people like Morrie Chandler.

I find myself watching Formula 1 and...enjoying it. 10 years ago, I hated anything to do with F1, but thanks to the god-awful handing of the wrc, I have been drawn away to other championships such as The FIA GT1 World Championship and the British Touring Car Championship and many others.

In some ways I am sad that it has come to this, but I will never enagage in discssuion about the WRC or check any news about it.

urabus-denoS2000
17th June 2010, 20:39
Be like me : stop following WRC and enjoy the driving , sportsmanship i attractiveness of national championships :)

bluuford
17th June 2010, 20:50
Yeah, I have enjoyed local championships a lot as well :-) Finnish, Latvian, Finnish, Russian, Italian, Belgian and IRC and when you are following all those things, then WRC is also quite nice:-)

N.O.T
17th June 2010, 20:55
ok bye...

rallyrazz
17th June 2010, 20:56
yep

rallyrazz
17th June 2010, 20:58
Be like me : stop following WRC and enjoy the driving , sportsmanship i attractiveness of national championships :)

Indeed I will, that is the way to find the spark that made me enjoy rallying in the first place

Wim_Impreza
17th June 2010, 20:59
Yeah, I have enjoyed local championships a lot as well :-) Finnish, Latvian, Finnish, Russian, Italian, Belgian and IRC and when you are following all those things, then WRC is also quite nice:-)

Two times the Finnish championship? :p I enjoy almost all national championships, but for me the Italian and the Czech championships (rally and rallysprint) are the best to follow. The Belgian championship is only nice for the 2nd place this year, as there is one driver who has by far the best car and budget. Of course IRC and ERC are very nice championships too.

I also stopped watching WRC. Ten years ago it was so good and now it is almost dead. Matthew Wilson is not only very lucky that he can drive a full WRC championship each year, but also that he couldn't compete in the '90s or the early '00 years as he had no chance to be in the points at that time.

urabus-denoS2000
17th June 2010, 21:01
Agree 100% , in Italy and Czech Republic you never know who'll win since there are so many competitive teams

rallyrazz
17th June 2010, 21:03
Two times the Finnish championship? :p I enjoy almost all national championships, but for me the Italian and the Czech championships are the best to follow. The Belgian championship is only nice for the 2nd place this year, as there is one driver who has by far the best car and budget. Of course IRC and ERC are very nice championships too.

I also stopped watching WRC. Ten years ago it was so good and now it is almost dead.

I will most likely start watching the IRC on a regular basis (I've watched on ocassions and it was good) Thanks guys fo understanding my frustration.

bluuford
17th June 2010, 21:05
Two times the Finnish championship? :p

Yes I often double-check the results :-P
Well. In Belgium I like to watch the pictures. Very nice landscapes, roads and cars look so much different to most of the other championships (color schemes).

Wim_Impreza
17th June 2010, 21:15
Yes I often double-check the results :-P
Well. In Belgium I like to watch the pictures. Very nice landscapes, roads and cars look so much different to most of the other championships (color schemes).

Thanks. Only a pity that the Estonian drivers don't have a good starting number for Ypres. :(

dimviii
17th June 2010, 21:41

don t forget Argentinian championship,too much competition and spectacular.

N.O.T
17th June 2010, 22:48
yes those local village events with their slow motion competition are very spectacular, all of them full of overweight champions with resumes full of IFs that don't let them shine in the big league...

if you prefer those parades of rich handless boys than the WRC then i guess the WRC is the wrong sport to be involved in as a spectator

Tomi
17th June 2010, 23:00
yes those local village events with their slow motion competition are very spectacular, all of them full of overweight champions with resumes full of IFs that don't let them shine in the big league...

if you prefer those parades of rich handless boys than the WRC then i guess the WRC is the wrong sport to be involved in as a spectator

dont understand that reasoning either, how can some championship be good, if there is not a single guy who can drive a car, Italian Championship, LOL.

tmx
18th June 2010, 05:14
I've only watch 4 or 5 WRC rallies last year and some this year. Since then I've been more concentrated on F1 and IRC.

18th June 2010, 07:22
kthxbai

bluuford
18th June 2010, 07:47
Thanks. Only a pity that the Estonian drivers don't have a good starting number for Ypres. :(

Dont worry, it is first proper tarmac rally for all of them and starting behind almost everyone they can avoid those ditches that are full of other cars already :-P

igi
18th June 2010, 08:57
I dont understand either how can you just "decide" to stop watching certain motorsport or any sport for that matter.
I never get bored of watching this incredible guys driving on the top level. That matters to me. Close competition is good, but it is just a bonus.

So yeah, kthxbai

I am evil Homer
18th June 2010, 09:57
Yeah how dare Ford and Citroen continue to support a dying series while Subaru and Mitsu throw in the towel. How very rude of them.

With the amount of money they've put in they have every right to get rules that work for them as they have committed to continue. Skoda, Mitsu, Sube all gave up that right a few years ago...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

Francis44
18th June 2010, 10:02
True indeed, Ford and Citroen get all the hate but in the end they are the only ones who stayed true to the sport when Subaru, Mitsubishi decided to left, and ironically those aren't hated at all.

I found this extremely funny and yet wrong.

rallyrazz
18th June 2010, 10:35
Yeah how dare Ford and Citroen continue to support a dying series while Subaru and Mitsu throw in the towel. How very rude of them.

With the amount of money they've put in they have every right to get rules that work for them as they have committed to continue. Skoda, Mitsu, Sube all gave up that right a few years ago...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

Wow, your a complete idiot. This is a world championship, that is meant to have prestige, are citroen and ford the governing body's? NO. Everybody wanted S2000, but no, Citroen and Ford wanted 1600T, which is MORE EXPENSIVE. The jordan rally, what a commplete f*ck up that was because of Citroen and fords dirty tactics, it made the united states grand prix of 2005 look like a party at the ritz. you go ahed and support a dead horse,a couple of years time when there are no new teams, you will be complaining as well. The reason Mitisubishi, Subaru, Skoda pulled out was because they realised the regs were too expensive, and in real life they want to do a thing called 'make profit'.

sollitt
18th June 2010, 13:52
Sorry GPryan, I'm not generally given to calling people names but frankly, if you want to see an idiot I suggest you look no further than the mirror.

You've posted on a forum that you have only just joined, bagging the championship and the people involved, and then tell us that you are opting out ... and you expect the rest of us to care?

And then after saying this "I will never enagage in discssuion about the WRC or check any news about it." you continue to post!

You're not related to Langdale are you?

NOT said it best ... OK Bye.

koko0703
18th June 2010, 17:23
Citroen and Ford having a big say in WRC is bad but Ferrari and Toyota opposing budget cap or FOTA trying to set up break away series and be governing body themselves is OK? I don't see the difference.... Besides I don't think FIA will do any better job of running WRC.

I rather have Citroen-vs-Ford WRC than nothing at all. Championship may not be as competitive or interesting as '90 or early '00 but I still enjoy watching WRC.

OldF
18th June 2010, 17:52
At least there are two manufacturers in WRC at the moment. When B-group started and Audi introduced their 4-wheel drive, it was the only car someone could win with. At least on gravel and snow. When Peugeot introduced the 205T16, it was quite superior. When the rules changed at the beginning of 1987, Lancia Delta was superior.

2011 it will be a new start for both Ford and Citroen and let’s see which of them has done their homework better. I think the engine rules will be quite simple and therefore the one that has the best suspension will be ahead of the other ones. For example Skoda have been very successful in IRC and I think it’s not only because of the engine and good drivers.

Maui J.
18th June 2010, 22:40
Sorry GPryan, I'm not generally given to calling people names but frankly, if you want to see an idiot I suggest you look no further than the mirror.

You've posted on a forum that you have only just joined, bagging the championship and the people involved, and then tell us that you are opting out ... and you expect the rest of us to care?

And then after saying this "I will never enagage in discssuion about the WRC or check any news about it." you continue to post!

You're not related to Langdale are you?

NOT said it best ... OK Bye.

Well said Sollitt... and for one of the very few times NOT made me laugh.

Bye!

tmx
19th June 2010, 07:04

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....Wow, your a complete idiot. This is a world championship, that is meant to have prestige, are citroen and ford the governing body's? NO. Everybody wanted S2000, but no, Citroen and Ford wanted 1600T, which is MORE EXPENSIVE. The jordan rally, what a commplete f*ck up that was because of Citroen and fords dirty tactics, it made the united states grand prix of 2005 look like a party at the ritz. you go ahed and support a dead horse,a couple of years time when there are no new teams, you will be complaining as well. The reason Mitisubishi, Subaru, Skoda pulled out was because they realised the regs were too expensive, and in real life they want to do a thing called 'make profit'. I think he was being sarcastic.

WRCfan
21st June 2010, 02:31
Seems the OP does not remember WRC and rallying in the days when it was good, it is those times and the history attached that keeps me interested.

Everything goes through highs and lows, and this is a low, how quickly it will recover is anyone's guess. Right now I am enjoying reliving my recorded footage from 1999 onwards. The action from 2000, 2001 and 2002 is fantastic to watch.

So as has been said, hope our newest quitter DOES get slammed by the door on his way out.

Good riddance!

rallyrazz
23rd June 2010, 12:03
well, thats too bad :)

I am evil Homer
23rd June 2010, 12:16
Wow, your a complete idiot. This is a world championship, that is meant to have prestige, are citroen and ford the governing body's? NO. Everybody wanted S2000, but no, Citroen and Ford wanted 1600T, which is MORE EXPENSIVE. The jordan rally, what a commplete f*ck up that was because of Citroen and fords dirty tactics, it made the united states grand prix of 2005 look like a party at the ritz. you go ahed and support a dead horse,a couple of years time when there are no new teams, you will be complaining as well. The reason Mitisubishi, Subaru, Skoda pulled out was because they realised the regs were too expensive, and in real life they want to do a thing called 'make profit'.

No lower capacity and turbos is the way the majority of global manufacturers are moving and they want to use rally to develop that tech. That is what is know as "justifying investment". If anything it should encourage more people to join.

Their still in the championship spending a lot of money...so of course they should have a say compared to anyone from VAG, Mitsu etc.

Yes the tactics are bad no one will disagree with that but that's the FIA and the rules issue not Cit or Ford - they're merely trying to win by any means.

Mitsu and Skoda had their arses handed to them on a plate and ran off because they couldn't build a decent car. Subaru too - the "econcomy" argument is a convenient smokescreen to avoid losing face.