View Full Version : Rali Vinho Madeira 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

Mirek
7th August 2010, 11:29
That's sad... now I expect tactics :(

fmcv
7th August 2010, 11:32
]That's sad... now I expect tactics :(

Why? To give to Kopecky and steal from Haninnen? It doesn't make any sense...

fmcv
7th August 2010, 11:37
Corrado Fontana out? No... Just a bad time! > Puncture.

Mirek
7th August 2010, 11:40
Why? To give to Kopecky and steal from Haninnen? It doesn't make any sense...

Hopefully when Kris is out and they have the tittle, it won't happen. We'll see...

fmcv
7th August 2010, 11:46
Hanninen will change transmission

bt52b
7th August 2010, 11:50
Kris Meeke stopped in the stage and retired due to mechanical problems.

Lost all its oil.

Car had heavy landing on previous stage.

fmcv
7th August 2010, 13:40
Seems like the rally lost its interest... No posts for quite a while now!

hari
7th August 2010, 13:44
The battle for third place is still interesting.
Hänninen vs. Nunes

4.9 s difference after SS18 and 3 stages to go

hari
7th August 2010, 14:08
And now 1.6 secs.
Hänninen closed the gap in SS 19.

fmcv
7th August 2010, 14:14
Yes... And I suppose Skoda will do a 1,2,3, although Nunes is in a very special weekend: his son is about to born any time...

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 14:19
Skoda 1-2-3 result is a lesson for the journalists of television and radio from Madeira. They know why...

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 14:21
Let´s seen now if the next stage will be broadcast live in this streams...

http://www.tvtuga.com/rtp-a/
http://www.tvtuga.com/rtp-n/

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 14:34
One more...let´s hope.
http://www.extralive.tv/canais/data/upimages/rtpn.png

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 14:34
Skoda 1-2-3 result is a lesson for the journalists of television and radio from Madeira. They know why...

Yes... but in normal conditions that podium would be impossilbe..

If Magalhães hadn't bad luck he would be leading the rally with a very confortable margin... and if Basso was in Madeira... I think it would be a big battle between Basso and Magalhães.. Loix would be far away... :s mokin:

The fastest stage times of this year, aren't impressive...

hari
7th August 2010, 14:35
]Yes... but in normal conditions that podium would be impossilbe..

If Magalhães hadn't bad luck he would be leading the rally with a very confortable margin... and if Basso was in Madeira... I think it would be a big battle between Basso and Magalhães.. Loix would be far away... :s mokin:

The fastest stage times of this year, aren't impressive...

If, If, If... the reality is different.

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 14:38
If, If, If... the reality is different.

Yes... you are absolutely right ;)

hari
7th August 2010, 14:44
One more...let´s hope.
http://www.extralive.tv/canais/data/upimages/rtpn.png

Any stream working?

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:19

Absolutely right!

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:25
For those journalists, next year, Skoda will be favourite and no one else (not even Basso) will have a chance. That's what happens when you look only at you own belly and forget all that is happening thoughout the world...

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:30
For those journalists, next year, Skoda will be favourite and no one else (not even Basso) will have a chance. That's what happens when you look only at you own belly and forget all that is happening thoughout the world...

I don't agree... everibody was predicting a rally in normal conditions...

The best stage times aren't good when you compare with Magalhães and Basso's times from previous years... and that means something :dozey:

Mirek
7th August 2010, 15:37
Maybe yes, maybe no. The conditions aren't always comparable even when they look like they are. New tarmac somewhere, little different temperature and humidity, even different timetable makes difference because there is different tyre wear between service. There are too many factors...

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:41
Yes, the times were slower this year but that proves nothing. My point is: Skoda is completely ruling the IRC. Is it wise to say all the others are favourites and Skoda isn't? Ok Kopecky and Hanninen are in Madeira for the first time but Loix isn't... And they have the Facelift Fabias... The normal Fabia was better than the 207's already!

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:41
]Maybe yes, maybe no. The conditions aren't always comparable even when they look like they are. New tarmac somewhere, little different temperature and humidity, even different timetable makes difference because there is different tyre wear between service. There are too many factors...

certainly true... and obvious!

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:42
Even Magalhães told on a local TV, that this year with his car he was really confident to beat his own previous years... so...

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 15:43
Some stages this year are different. I believe the surface of some stages are not so good like last year after the storm, i think.

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:48
By the Way, why are Madeira top drivers so far away in terms of time difference to the leader?

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:48
Yes, the times were slower this year but that proves nothing. My point is: Skoda is completely ruling the IRC. Is it wise to say all the others are favourites and Skoda isn't? Ok Kopecky and Hanninen are in Madeira for the first time but Loix isn't... And they have the Facelift Fabias... The normal Fabia was better than the 207's already!

Slower times for me... and fot what I saw on some stages... means that the level of this year, is lower than last year.

I didn't hear anibody saying Kopecky, Loix or Haninen aren't good drivers or it was impossible to win. Only heard everibody giving favoritism to Magalhãe, and that's normal, because, Magalhães is fast and he know very well the stages.

With better cars, etc... why they cant match the pace of Basso and Magalhães from previous years? I think, the diferent timetable and little bit different weather condition doesn't explain everithing.

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:49
Some stages this year are different. I believe the surface of some stages are not so good like last year after the storm, i think.

No, some of them are even better than last year.

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:50
By the Way, why are Madeira top drivers so far away in terms of time difference to the leader?

Simple... they are pure amateur drivers with good cars, nothing else.

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 15:53
]

I didn't hear anibody saying Kopecky, Loix or Haninen aren't good drivers or it was impossible to win.

I heard loud and clear many times before the rallye at radio and television...

Mirek
7th August 2010, 15:54
]No, some of them are even better than last year.

New surface is often slower. New tarmac is more slippery than older and rougher. At least it's the case of tarmac used here.

Anyway it's quite pointless discussion.

Luis Pacheco
7th August 2010, 15:54
]No, some of them are even better than last year.

In what stage Rui Pinto and one more or two drivers went off?

fmcv
7th August 2010, 15:55
]Simple... they are pure amateur drivers with good cars, nothing else.

So they are more amateur this year? with evolutions on their cars? In past Years they were only a few seconds away from the winner...

With such a "low level" Sá or Nunes should have won this year! but ok. doesn't matter anyway.

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:56
In what stage Rui Pinto and one more or two drivers went off?

Pinto went off in Chão da Lagoa 1

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 15:59
So they are more amateur this year? with evolutions on their cars? In past Years they were only a few seconds away from the winner...

With such a "low level" Sá or Nunes should have won this year! but ok. doesn't matter anyway.

Wich years they were only a few seconds away from the winner? are you talking about Camacho? he is really different from Nunes or Sá... you must come to Madeira and check it live on the field

hari
7th August 2010, 16:08
Congratulations to Skoda!

Freddy, Jan and Juho - a Perfect Job!

fmcv
7th August 2010, 16:08
]Wich years they were only a few seconds away from the winner? are you talking about Camacho? he is really different from Nunes or Sá... you must come to Madeira and check it live on the field

Well, Camacho in 2009 41,7s
Camacho, 2008, 8,0s

Ok Camacho is a better driver but in Madeira Championship he always had big fights...

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 16:11
Well, Camacho in 2009 41,7s
Camacho, 2008, 8,0s

Ok Camacho is a better driver but in Madeira Championship he always had big fights...

Madeira Champ. is different... only 60 kms stages (total of a rally..)

Mirek
7th August 2010, 16:12
It's funny how Pugs are being defeated by drivers they fired - Vouilloz in RMC and Loix in Ypres and Madeira...

alleskids
7th August 2010, 16:14
Very great result for Skoda and especially foir the injured Loix. He was happy to be on the podium. How happy will he be now :) .
The results for the championship wil be complicated from now on. Both Kopecky and Hanninen have 7 point scores. So now they have to scrape their worst result. Hanninens worst result is 3rd place, Kopecky 5th and Magelhaes 7th.

Hanninen 54 points (6 points scrape for next event)
Kopecky 47 (4 points scrape)
Magelhaes 30 (2 points scrape)
Wilks 25
Meeke 23 (3 results, so 4 more needed, maximum 63 points)
Loix 20

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 16:14
]It's funny how Pugs are being defeated by drivers they fired - Vouilloz in RMC and Loix in Ypres and Madeira...

Hehe... great point of view ;)

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 16:16
Very great result for Skoda and especially foir the injured Loix. He was happy to be on the podium. How happy will he be now :) .
The results for the championship wil be complicated from now on. Both Kopecky and Hanninen have 7 point scores. So now they have to scrape their worst result. Hanninens worst result is 3rd place, Kopecky 5th and Magelhaes 7th.

Hanninen 54 points (6 points scrape for next event)
Kopecky 47 (4 points scrape)
Magelhaes 30 (2 points scrape)
Wilks 25
Meeke 23 (3 results, so 4 more needed, maximum 63 points)
Loix 20

Worst result for Haninen is his retirement in Ypres.. and Magalhães... the retirement in Madeira

alleskids
7th August 2010, 16:27
his worst POINT result, is 3rd, and the best 7 POINT results count.

Mirek
7th August 2010, 16:36
Sorry, but You're wrong. See IRC website and regulations. Retirements are normally skipped.

[Madeira-Rally]
7th August 2010, 16:38
Ha ok... it was my mistake...

RS
7th August 2010, 16:40
Nice performance by Skoda but this rally could have been much more exciting without the retirements of Magalhaes, Rossetti and Meeke. Looking forward to Barum.

Mirek
7th August 2010, 16:44
]Ha ok... it was my mistake...

No, You're right. Alleskids is wrong :)

alleskids
7th August 2010, 17:04
Ha, ok...explain :)

5.4 For drivers, co-drivers awards, the best 7 results shall count. Ties will be resolved with the standard international FIA procedures. For manufacturer awards the best 7 results shall count, a maximum of 6 European events within the 7 scoring rounds

??

HaCo
7th August 2010, 17:14
Fantastic for Fast Freddy!!

ProRally
7th August 2010, 17:23
Fantastic for Fast Freddy!!

Lets see how he will do in Barum with RGRS car..... :D

Ucci
7th August 2010, 17:27
What a magnificent victory from Skoda boys, this year they are the fastest, the most reliably team and with three top-drivers almost unbeatable!! Still, there are Barum&San Remo on the schedule with local fast drivers, which will play stronger role than local boys here at Madeira. Anyway, congratulations to Freddy Loix !!

Allyc85
7th August 2010, 17:28
Great win for Loix, he showed great speed from the start even with his dodgy shoulder and fully deserved the win :)

Gutted for Meeke though, how things have changed in a year :(

bluuford
7th August 2010, 18:38
So, now Skoda needs only second place in Barum to get the manufacturer title. It would be nice to do it at home. Only thing that helps Peugeot is 1,2 in Barum.

Wasted Talent
7th August 2010, 20:24
Great win for Loix, he showed great speed from the start even with his dodgy shoulder and fully deserved the win :)

Gutted for Meeke though, how things have changed in a year :(

Yes, Kris has had zero luck this year......

I wouldn't be surprised if they only entered Scotland now

WT

Wim_Impreza
7th August 2010, 21:35
Congratulations to Škoda and their drivers. Three cars at the start and all on the podium, perfect.

What can Quesnel say about the places 17 until 21 as these drivers drove a 207 S2000?

MJW
7th August 2010, 22:01
from a selfish point of view I wish Peugeot abandon this series so that Skoda's victories are "hollow victories" and that prompt Skoda to build a 1,6T engine and enter WRC in 2011. WRC is on the up, and I think IRC as a threat to WRC has gone.

Mirek
7th August 2010, 22:03
It wouldn't work because Škoda can't do such decision itself. They are just a VAG member which must follow higher orders...

MJW
7th August 2010, 22:11
]It would be nice but Škoda can't do such decision. They are just a VAG member which must follow higher orders...
Yes but surely it makes sense for VW, if they are planning a wrc entry in 2012/13 with the Scirocco, it would be good for Skoda to pave the way, i.e. learning the logistics, pre event test roads, and all that goes with being competitive in WRC? I am only saying this as the S2000 Skoda really impressed me on Rally Finland, and I really beleive Skoda could do well this time in WRC. If they stay in IRC against old S2000 machinery and Group N Subaru and Evo's it will become negative.

Mirek
7th August 2010, 22:20
There's no way that VW and Škoda are in WRC both together. Either there is VW or Škoda but never both. Frankly I feel that VW entering WRC would be the end of Škoda Motorsport on any international level.

bluuford
7th August 2010, 22:23
Yeah, if Peugeot decides not to register in IRC it is the end of IRC. So, Mr Quensel is blackmailing again.

Fiat has got 0 points so far (practically we have not seen Fiat this year before Madeira), M-Sport has not the best drivers or the tires (only 26 points of which 10 points is collected by Mikko) and then there will be Skoda, which is way above everybody else (if Peugeot decides not to register).
And entry lists contain less than 10 S2000 cars. Like 6 cars in Madeira, 4 cars in Acores etc.
So, there will be no competition left.

RS
7th August 2010, 23:16
Maybe Quesnel hopes to "force" Skoda into WRC to help justify Citroen's investment in that series.

Interesting stats after Madeira... Loix is third best on stage wins despite only starting 2 events and Rossetti has more than Hirvonen after only one day of rallying :)

Stage wins in 2010 (drivers)
Juho Hanninen: 29
Kris Meeke: 27
Freddy Loix: 23
Jan Kopecky: 20
Sebastien Ogier: 7
Paolo Andreucci: 5
Bruno Magalhaes: 4
Luca Rossetti: 4
Mikko Hirvonen: 3
Stephane Sarrazin: 2
Andreas Mikkelsen: 1
Bernardo Sousa: 1
Nicolas Vouilloz: 1
Guy Wilks: 1

PLuto
8th August 2010, 01:13
Hello Ron, we have little bit different ranking: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=44&sk=163

Where should be the difference?

Madeira
8th August 2010, 09:11
Video with Rossetti crash, Meeke retirement, Bernardo fire and Hanninen touching the barrier yesterday... (onboard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnsgjTppis

noel157
8th August 2010, 12:19
Peugeot UK day 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpQZj-0bCus

Madeira
10th August 2010, 08:51
A hot driving moment for Jan Kopecky during Terreiros SS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-eX1dnWEzI&feature=player_embedded#!

fmcv
10th August 2010, 16:02
It seems Kopecky wasn't the most scared :laugh:

RICARDO75
10th August 2010, 22:09
Hello Ron, we have little bit different ranking: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=44&sk=163

Where should be the difference?

Freddy Loix won 9 stages on Ypres (SS2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 15, 16 and 17)

PLuto
10th August 2010, 22:28
Thanks

RICARDO75
10th August 2010, 22:59
No problem Pluto ;)

Drivers:
01st Juho Hänninen (29)
02nd Kris Meeke (25)
03rd Freddy Loix (23)
04th Jan Kopecký (20)
05th Sébastien Ogier (7)
06th Paolo Andreucci (5)
07th Bruno Magalhães (4)
07th Luca Rossetti (4)
09th Mikko Hirvonen (3)
10th Stéphane Sarrazin (2)
11th Nicolas Vouilloz (1)
11th Guy Wilks (1)
11th Andreas Mikkelsen (1)
11th Bernardo Sousa (1)

Makes:
1st SKODA (74)
2nd PEUGEOT (43)
3rd FORD (5)
4th ABARTH (4)

rbatista82
11th August 2010, 11:20
Photos from Rally Madeira:
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=181
http://www.supermotores.net/sm/fotos.asp?id=182

Madeira
12th August 2010, 15:02
Peugeot 207 S2000 from Peugeot Portugal after the crash of Bruno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg3oZRnzIvs

wwbroe
12th August 2010, 15:17
Peugeot 207 S2000 from Peugeot Portugal after the crash of Bruno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg3oZRnzIvs

Looks like it will need a lot of work done, before he can enter San Remo Rally with it. :(

Madeira
12th August 2010, 15:36
Looks like it will need a lot of work done, before he can enter San Remo Rally with it. :(

Don't worry, they have another chassis..The same that they usually use in gravel rallys

Madeira
15th August 2010, 18:53
Eurosport Videos From Rally Vinho Madeira 2010
http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/irc-player.shtml

Markko
15th August 2010, 22:03
IRC Rali Vinho Madeira 2010 photos

Luis Pacheco
16th August 2010, 16:09
Fortunately the rallye was one week ago otherwise it would be complicated due to the fires this weekend.