PDA

View Full Version : American investors to buy Sauber or STR?

Ranger
15th June 2010, 11:57
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84513

American F1 project making progress

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 09:56 GMT

A bid by a group of American investors to break into Formula 1 moved up a gear in Canada last weekend when representatives met with teams and Bernie Ecclestone to advance their talks.

I am evil Homer
15th June 2010, 11:59
I'm hoping its Sauber because Peter has class unlike the owners of STR.

DexDexter
15th June 2010, 12:21
I'm hoping its Sauber because Peter has class unlike the owners of STR.

So you're hoping somebody takes the "class" away? Sauber is a real F1 team more than Toro Rosso, so I'd prefer them (Toro Rosso that is) to be sold.

CNR
15th June 2010, 12:52
Paddock speculation has already linked him with both Sauber and Scuderia Toro Rosso, because of his good personal links with Ferrari

what if he is trying to get permission from Sauber and Scuderia Toro Rosso to use Ferrari engines

Campos/Hispania were eyeing a Ferrari engine supply for the 2011 season ?

V12
15th June 2010, 15:52
I would prefer Toro Rosso to be sold if any team is going to be, simply because despite having now become a fully-fledged constructor and so on, they are still effectively the Red Bull Junior Team, I'd rather it become a team with its own unique identity if that makes sense.

UltimateDanGTR
15th June 2010, 16:11
would be nice to see an american team (not USF1), and buying a team is the perfect strategy. I like sauber, never been a fan of toro rosso-red bull's second team, Id rather see something totally unique. I still like to think of them as minardi in my mind... :D still, Id like to see toro rosso sold.

Copse
16th June 2010, 20:30
If the choice is between those two teams, I'm hoping for Sauber to be bought. If they're not, they'll fold. STR may have less soul, and would benefit from getting their own identity, but I'd rather have them as they are than lose Sauber completely.