PDA

View Full Version : Best Le Mans sim?

downtowndeco
15th June 2010, 06:59
What's the best Le Mans 24 sim available (any platform)? 24 hours, more than 4 or 5 cars in the field, day/night sequence, variable, random weather etc. Thanks.

rallyrazz
16th June 2010, 18:26
The race is in Race Driver Grid, and you can have set for 24 hours if you so desire. Its the 2006 cars and teams so dont expect Peugeot or any Aston Martin LMP1 cars. There was Le Mans 24 hours for ps2, pc and dreamcast which were good, but you might find them a bit dated and hard to find, although if you search around on ebay or amazon you might be able to find a copy

NaBUru38
23rd June 2010, 16:31
That game is quite arcady, like Need for Speed Shift and Colin McRae Dirt. If you are happy with that, enjoy it. If you want pure realism instead, check those by SimBin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimBin_Studios) - the latest are Race On for Windows and Race pro for Xbox 360.

dj4monie
17th July 2010, 04:26
That game is quite arcady, like Need for Speed Shift and Colin McRae Dirt. If you are happy with that, enjoy it. If you want pure realism instead, check those by SimBin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimBin_Studios) - the latest are Race On for Windows and Race pro for Xbox 360.

Test Drive: Le Mans can still be found used, try used game sites or local used game retailer. The Dreamcast/Playstation 2 is the superior version. I have the PS2, Dreamcast and PS1 version for some reason - :) It does feature other tracks in the updated versions. Fun game I don't play it that much though...

SimBin GTR2 has an add-on Le Mans track you can download and install into the game. Quote, Unquote Real Simulation may have that realism wanna-be drivers and real race drivers love but aren't aways fun to drive/play and I would put most PC racing games in that slot. I have GTR2 and GT Legends, I have not played them very much at all. Even at 60fps it feels SLOW and to top it all off I have to use my wheel which I hate dragging it out just to play these two games, so I choose not too. Maybe when (if?) I get a Windows/Xbox 360 controller I might play it a bit more, but again, my most powerful PC is also my Media Center, I like watching my TV.

Finally Race Driver: GRID has La Sarthe in the game and day/night effects. Since its the newest of the game it has many of the current cars (as of 2008 season) in the game. This game is mapped for Windows/Xbox 360 controller out of the box (Game For Windows).

I suggest this to everybody, to get the best out of Race Driver: GRID or GTR Evo spend at least $100 on a video card. But to future proof yourself I would suggest the best $150 on the market ATI HD5770. If you need more power just add another one, of course you need a Crossfire X compatible motherboard.

Hope that helps.