PDA

View Full Version : Chandhok may lose seat.

Ranger
14th June 2010, 03:33
http://en.espnf1.com/hrtf1/motorsport/story/20194.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Possible replacements: Maldonado, Yamamoto, or Albers. Please no.

ShiftingGears
14th June 2010, 04:02
Really hope Yamamoto or Albers don't end up back in F1. If Chandhock does have to go, I'd rather Maldonado gets a crack.

TheFamousEccles
14th June 2010, 09:59
Bye...

Ranger
14th June 2010, 10:08
If chosen, Yamamoto will be racing in his 3rd team despite achieving absolutely nothing. Awesome.

Koz
14th June 2010, 10:11
JV shall return!

jens
14th June 2010, 11:39
Chandhok? I thought Senna was at bigger risk, because he has got less backers - arguably he was hired to drive free with the hope of attracting sponsors. But would not have expected a long F1 career for either current HRT driver anyway.

christophulus
14th June 2010, 11:42
By the looks of that article they reckon Albers will get the seat, what with his previous links to Kolles and apparently some funding. Real shame, Chandhok seems like a nice guy, thrown in at the deep end in an awful car.

UltimateDanGTR
14th June 2010, 11:49
chandhok has impressed me this season actually. a nice guy who has done a solid job in a poor car.

Yammamoto would be far worse, but yet may bring more cash from japan.
maldanado looks like a real talent, he shouldn't jump into F1 as soon as possible into a HRT, it will only damage his reputation. he should wait until he gets a chance in a better chance next year, maybe as GP2 champion (or likely GP2 top three)

that leaves Albers, if anyone really has to take over from the likeable chandhok.

N. Jones
14th June 2010, 16:52
As long as Yuje Ide doesn't come back I don't care who they pick!

Stuartf12007
14th June 2010, 18:00
I say let Adam Carroll have a go

Nikki Katz
14th June 2010, 18:32
I think that Chandhok's sponsorship's dried up which is why this will happen if he doesn't find more. Senna wasn't signed up with sponsorship in mind, which is why he's a little more stable, though if Hispania's finances worsen then this may change.

Actually, I didn't mind Albers - he was far from being great but he wasn't horrible. I guess I'd prefer it if Maldonado got a go, but he's so inconsistent and crash-happy that I doubt he'd make too much impact, other than possibly swiping Senna a few times. I don't think it's necessarily the best thing for his career either - if he lands in F1 with no testing at all instead of continuing in GP2 where he's one of the favourites for the title, then I see his career going the way of Grosjean's. Well, I guess he has a bit more money. Really I'd like to see him replacing Duno in IndyCar - he's from the same country and clearly more talented (more than Viso too?), so long as he can just keep himself from injuring anyone!

Really, I'd like to see Klien raise the sponsorship to race. I'm not really a fan of his in general, but from the test I think he'd be really beneficial to the team - not only for him but also Senna, who's possibly a little too inexperienced to set up the car properly.

Incidentally, you'd think that if anyone on the F1 grid could raise a budget it'd be Senna?

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 21:06
Indians usually penny pinchers no matter millionaire or billionaires..lol (i am no racist) , therefore to this kind of expensive level of sports involved thier country men always ended up bankrupt ,cant secure drives is not a surprise.. unfortunately F1 is not for them.. I can bet how long the so called indian grandprix going to last.. hahahah, someone kick my ass if what i said isnt true.

Garry Walker
14th June 2010, 21:44
give the seat to anthony davidson

Tazio
14th June 2010, 22:04
give the seat to anthony davidson

Exactly!
There is only about 20 guys without rides right now that could do better!

52Paddy
14th June 2010, 22:37
Exactly!
There is only about 20 guys without rides right now that could do better!

I 100% agree with what you say. But if Chandhok is losing his seat on financial/sponsorship grounds, then naturally, HRT are going to replace him with someone who can pay. Carroll doesn't have the money. Don't know about Davidson but he doesn't seem like someone with a huge budget (...whatever that is supposed to mean :mark: ).

Of the three names mentioned in the press release, all are potentially good choices for different reasons: Albers has F1 experience (of sorts at least) and a history with Kolles, Maldonado is proving to be an up and coming star (also possibly with money behind him) and Sakon has money and Japanese investers (I think).

I won't like seeing Chandhok go as I was hoping he would see out a full year at least. But, I'd rather loose a driver than a whole team.

harsha
14th June 2010, 22:39
anybody but Yuji Ide or Sakon Yamamoto.....just a thought , why don't they try out a Chinese driver , the funding will def come in from the chinese governme....oops

Roamy
14th June 2010, 23:57
Willis, Villeneuve and Pollock have purchased the team with backing from Canadian Tire and LG.

ratonmacias
15th June 2010, 00:42
Willis, Villeneuve and Pollock have purchased the team with backing from Canadian Tire and LG.

hey man too bad i live far from your home or else i would be driving to your home to take a hit on your bong lol.

DexDexter
15th June 2010, 13:16
I say let Adam Carroll have a go

Why not Ant Davidson? :rolleyes:

Sleeper
15th June 2010, 14:40
If Kolles is going to go for one of his sportscar drivers then I'd rather see Oliver Jarvis than Albers.

Of course money is likely to be the deciding factor so it will probably be Maldonado, who will go well at the street circuits and crash everywhere else.

V12
15th June 2010, 15:48
Yes to Maldonado, no to Albers and a DEFINITE no to Yamamoto.

Kind of feel for Chandhok though, he's matched or beaten Senna more than I expected him to so far.

Roamy
15th June 2010, 19:30
hey man too bad i live far from your home or else i would be driving to your home to take a hit on your bong lol.

it was some good sh!t man !!!

donKey jote
15th June 2010, 21:29
Indians usually penny pinchers no matter millionaire or billionaires..lol (i am no racist) .
bit like scots then, apart from the millionaire bit..lol :rolleyes:

52Paddy
15th June 2010, 21:29

They should sell on to Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor. I hear that RoadtoNowhere Entertainments Inc. are keen to invest in an F1 team next year.

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 22:45
bit like scots then, apart from the millionaire bit..lol :rolleyes:

You know, I could do a double standards number right now........... ;)

woody2goody
20th June 2010, 20:47
Yamamoto's decent IMO - probably not as good as Karun overall, but could do better at least to begin with due to the fact that he's done a fair few GPs.

It would be a big shame because for me, Karun has outperformed Senna with far more mechanical troubles and far less track time.

Anthony Davidson would do a great job I'm sure, and while likewise JV probably would too, both men aren't usually associated with large amounts of cash.

woody2goody
20th June 2010, 21:03
Yamamoto's decent IMO - probably not as good as Karun overall, but could do better at least to begin with due to the fact that he's done a fair few GPs.

It would be a big shame because for me, Karun has outperformed Senna with far more mechanical troubles and far less track time.

Anthony Davidson would do a great job I'm sure, and while likewise JV probably would too, both men aren't usually associated with large amounts of cash.

Maldonado's ok, and I'm just going to demand this: HEIDFELD DAMN IT!!! :p

Didn't mean to quote myself :D