PDA

View Full Version : donkeys

donKey jote
13th June 2010, 19:03
too many to mention, so Iīll be biassed and say Alonso for losing it to two backmarkers :p

Ranger
13th June 2010, 19:06
Petrov. Jumped the start and then clouted De La Rosa. Rightly got penalties for both.

Schumacher. Struggled all weekend and involved in several dubious incidents.

Robinho
13th June 2010, 19:09
Petrov was a bit rubbish. Massa got involved in a couple of inciendts and thre away the chance of 1st a good result, and secondly points.

MS was poor as well, soundly beaten by Rosberg, and managed to get into incidensts with Kubica, Liuzzi and Massa that i saw.

christophulus
13th June 2010, 19:13
A lot of dodgy driving today. Petrov had a shocker, Hulkenberg too for weaving down the straight. Schumacher was awful too.

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:14
Schuie started great until pushed off track after his first pit stop....of course had he done a true webber chopper chop, he would have taken out both cars, instead he gave way and then had to pit again...

Kube and Liuizza should both be penalized......

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2010, 19:19
schuie. some real dirty driving by him today. for a 7 time world champion, pretty pathetic.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:24
Schuie started great until pushed off track after his first pit stop....of course had he done a true webber chopper chop, he would have taken out both cars, instead he gave way and then had to pit again...

Kube and Liuizza should both be penalized......
Well at least it would have been a short walk back to the pits :D

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:25
schuie. some real dirty driving by him today. for a 7 time world champion, pretty pathetic.

Yeah I can't believe what he did!!!! Defending his position from people making stupidly ambitious passes. If both drivers had waited then they'd have got past easily.

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:31
No matter what, the title of chopper of the race belongs to the Kube, for his move around Sutil, popping Sutil's tire and then going into the pit.....by crossing through Sutil braking path and in front of Sutil as he went in

F1boat
13th June 2010, 19:32
Michael. IMO when he lost his good position he decided to have fun and started ruining other people's races.

Ranger
13th June 2010, 19:34
No matter what, the title of chopper of the race belongs to the Kube, for his move around Sutil, popping Sutil's tire and then going into the pit.....by crossing through and in front of Sutil as he went in

I forgot that. :\

Agree 100%.

truefan72
13th June 2010, 19:41
MSC, followed by Kubica, petrov, massa, kobayashi, the mclaren pit crew for costing Hamilton a place, I could go on, there were quite a few donkey's today

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:42
MSC, followed by Kubica, petrov, massa, kobayashi, the mclaren pit crew for costing Hamilton a place, I could go on, there were quite a few donkey's today
Yeah he really suffered losing that place to Alonso :p

Tazio
13th June 2010, 19:43
Too many to pick from! Massa, Mike, Petrov, and Kubinski !
Probably left out a couple!

Shifter
13th June 2010, 19:57
No matter what, the title of chopper of the race belongs to the Kube, for his move around Sutil, popping Sutil's tire and then going into the pit.....by crossing through Sutil braking path and in front of Sutil as he went in

Yes. Despite my sig, despite the fact that he's the driver I support and normally drives great, that move was appalling and earns him the donkey award.

Kobayashi 2nd place...dude, just dont wreck the car fer chrissakes.

MSC 3rd...guess he was overdue for one of his trademark wacky weekends.

Big Ben
13th June 2010, 20:31
Shoemaker-unusually slow and not so unusually dirty.

Massa - really lame

Petrov - many mistakes

and the weather boys and girls for their completely wrong (or maybe evil) forecasts

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 20:35
Hmm, a certain German in a red helmet driving a silver car

nuff said

Daniel
13th June 2010, 20:36
Hmm, a certain German in a red helmet driving a silver car

nuff said
Rosberg's got a sore gentleman's area? May I ask how you know? :p

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2010, 20:38
Yeah I can't believe what he did!!!! Defending his position from people making stupidly ambitious passes. If both drivers had waited then they'd have got past easily.

kubi had the momentum after schuie came out of the pits, michael squeezes him to the grass. There, he could have defended quite rightly without squeezing him that much, and it would have been fine. to me, he over stepped the mark there.

I'd like to see a replay on the incident vs massa, there i believe it was 50/50 silly driving by both but I will watch again to get another look.

schumacher was all over the place today, I'm afraid to say.

rohanweb
13th June 2010, 20:40
schumacher

markabilly
13th June 2010, 21:14
i might add whoever was responsible for race strategy for red bull, as when it did not rain, they should have ran away with the race.....but ........4th and 5th at the end, was just too far down

Retro Formula 1
13th June 2010, 22:35
Kubica and Schumacher. To be fair to Robert he just made one bonehead move where Michael was a liability out there.

wedge
14th June 2010, 00:35
Liuzzi - go off to NASCAR where those red mist banging tactics belong.

keysersoze
14th June 2010, 00:50
Kubica's move could have been catstrophic. My boy Petrov really stunk the place up.

ShiftingGears
14th June 2010, 04:00
i might add whoever was responsible for race strategy for red bull, as when it did not rain, they should have ran away with the race.....but ........4th and 5th at the end, was just too far down

Absolutely. It was quite poor.

Bruce D
14th June 2010, 07:21
I have 3:

Michael - cos he failed to miss anyone that tried to pass him and really should be penalised.

The track marshals - waving blue flags at any 2 cars that were near each other, they even waved blue flags at Alonso when Hamilton was behind him!

Jonathan Legard - man, seriously, WATCH THE BLOODY RACE!!! The guy missed literally EVERYTHING. Two examples: "for those of you who were wondering, Hamilton is now less than a second behind Webber" - yeah, we've just been watching it for the last 5 corners but nevermind. "Button has got passed Alonso but we didn't see it happen" - no, YOU didn't see it happen, the rest of us did cos it was right in front of us...

CaptainRaiden
14th June 2010, 08:35
Jonathan Legard - man, seriously, WATCH THE BLOODY RACE!!! The guy missed literally EVERYTHING. Two examples: "for those of you who were wondering, Hamilton is now less than a second behind Webber" - yeah, we've just been watching it for the last 5 corners but nevermind. "Button has got passed Alonso but we didn't see it happen" - no, YOU didn't see it happen, the rest of us did cos it was right in front of us...

Oh I would pay even for THAT commentary. You see, I am in Romania at the moment, and the two commentators could give a flying rat's a$$ about the race. When Button overtook Alonso, which was a significant moment in the race, the two completely missed that, and were busy chatting about Petrov or Kimi's WRC career, I think. :(

Piss poor coverage at best, and of course they cut after the podium celebrations. No post race interviews. They at least show the post race interviews on the Hungarian channel, but talk over it, so it's again useless. Even though on the Indian channel, the commentator Steve Slater is a moron, but he's still miles better than this.

As for the donkeys of the race?

Red Bull: How on earth do you manage only 4th and 5th after having the two fastest cars on the track? Having said that, Hamilton drove a masterful race. Idiotic strategy by Red Bull to keep Webber out for that long, and then putting him on softs. Or maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe they didn't have any hard compound tires remaining? Because as far as I know, there is no limit on how many tires of the same compound you can use, as long as you have used both option and prime. They could have called him in earlier, when he had an 11 second lead over Lewis. He at least would have slotted somewhere between Alonso and Vettel.

Michael Schumacher: I think he got high on Sunday morning. Figured anyway he doesn't have a shot at the podium, just might as well do kamikaze moves.

Petrov and Liuzzi: WTF?

Felipe Massa: Alonso in the same car got podium, while Massa fell in love with the pitlane. Although the last trip wasn't his fault, but that other fella...

Big Ben
14th June 2010, 08:42

I could mention the boys in my country too... no point naming names (noone would know them) but man they were off... first they have no clue why Hamilton had to stop the engine in qualy. They were under the impression that it was a weight thing.... They've seen a McLaren pass a Virgin and they were talking for a minute about Button's brilliant move on Alonso (about 30 laps before it actually happened)... and when it happened they mentioned it one lap later... At first I thought they wouldn't mention it because they've talked about it so much in advance but they did.... they've never rectified their initial statements however. Another thing is that they get really excited about replays.... X is attempting a pass on Y, Y is so close, he's having the inside bla bla bla and he passes... oh, wait, it was a replay... sigh... It doesn't puzzle them how is X coming from behind if just half a minute ago he passed the very same Y.... and we have our little expert... they send them to a few races and almost all drivers are his best buddies :laugh: . He always talks when there's a radio on... that's his thing... and he's always behind the events... they keep arguing with him who passed who.... I wish I could turn them off and listen only the cars.

I'm talking about the same people as the previous poster :laugh:

Tazio
14th June 2010, 09:02
I could mention the boys in my country too... no point naming names (noone would know them) but man they were off... first they have no clue why Hamilton had to stop the engine in qualy. They were under the impression that it was a weight thing.... They've seen a McLaren pass a Virgin and they were talking for a minute about Button's brilliant move on Alonso (about 30 laps before it actually happened)... and when it happened they mentioned it one lap later... At first I thought they wouldn't mention it because they've talked about it so much in advance but they did.... they've never rectified their initial statements however. Another thing is that they get really excited about replays.... X is attempting a pass on Y, Y is so close, he's having the inside bla bla bla and he passes... oh, wait, it was a replay... sigh... It doesn't puzzle them how is X coming from behind if just half a minute ago he passed the very same Y.... and we have our little expert... they send them to a few races and almost all drivers are his best buddies :laugh: . He always talks when there's a radio on... that's his thing... and he's always behind the events... they keep arguing with him who passed who.... I wish I could turn them off and listen only the cars.

I watched the BBC feed in some Eastern European language! It worked a treat :)

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 09:23

To be fair - Martin did not spot it either. I was shouting at the wife (again) "look, there goes your boy passing Onslo".

I could not believe the commentators missed, but they do have a lot more info to look at, more screens, and no doubt some trumped up director shouting in their ears......

DexDexter
14th June 2010, 09:34
Rosberg's got a sore gentleman's area? May I ask how you know? :p

Rosberg is from Monaco ;)

Mia 01
14th June 2010, 09:36
For me it has to be the former teammates MS and FM.

Besides, it was a pitty to watch the former 7 WDC drive like a mess.

Much moore of this and he probably feels to ashame to drive.

Ranger
14th June 2010, 10:06
I think Red Bull were gambling on a late safety car, McLaren on an early one. There were none altogether and McLaren came out on top through superior strategy.

In hindsight, with no SC intervention at all, Red Bull would have been better qualifying on the option tyre.

Idiotic strategy by Red Bull to keep Webber out for that long, and then putting him on softs. Or maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe they didn't have any hard compound tires remaining? Because as far as I know, there is no limit on how many tires of the same compound you can use, as long as you have used both option and prime. They could have called him in earlier, when he had an 11 second lead over Lewis. He at least would have slotted somewhere between Alonso and Vettel.

Webber had another new set of prime tyres left, but needed to use the options anyway.

He had to be out that long on primes to shorten the final option tyre stint. No use coming in early for the final stop when the option tyres wouldnt last the distance.

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 10:09
I think Red Bull were gambling on a late safety car, McLaren on an early one. There were none altogether and McLaren came out on top through superior strategy.

In hindsight, with no SC intervention at all, Red Bull would have been better qualifying on the option tyre.

Webber had another new set of prime tyres left, but needed to use the options anyway.

He had to be out that long on primes to shorten the final option tyre stint. No use coming in early for the final stop when the option tyres wouldnt last the distance.

Indeed, the general consencus seems to be that the hards did not fare much better than the softs at the start. Certainly, the degradation of the hard tyre was much higher in the race than originally thought.

In the end, this played into the McLaren and Ferrari strategy plan, and Red Bull shot themselves in the foot - again.

Dave B
14th June 2010, 13:14
So many donkeys to choose from in Canada, but I've narrowed it down to two. And a half.

Massa didn't have his wits about him all weekend. He was lucky to get away with scraping down the wall in practice, made a total ballbag of the start, make a rookie mistake by speeding in the pitlane, then finally got suckered in a crash by Schumacher.

Schumacher himself was driving like a FFord rookie, seeming to have a magnetic force attracting him to any car which tried to pass him. His clumsy move on Kubica was little short of dangerous, and goodness knows whether his contact with Massa was carelessness or gamesmanship but I cannot believe he escaped without a penalty.

Honorary donkey award to Alonso for yet again demonstrating his inabilty to properly deal with backmarkers, making him easy prey for the McLarens then whining about it in interviews afterwards.

wedge
14th June 2010, 13:35
Schumacher himself was driving like a FFord rookie, seeming to have a magnetic force attracting him to any car which tried to pass him. His clumsy move on Kubica was little short of dangerous

Don't know why Schumi was wrong on that occasion. It's an area of asphalt that can make you look like either hero or zero - a zero on most occasions.

I have no idea why Kubica took to the grass for the left hander. A poor attempt at payback methinks.

HoldenCaulfield
14th June 2010, 14:25
I would have been worried if Schumacher wasn't trying to run people off the road.

Big Ben
14th June 2010, 21:35
So many donkeys to choose from in Canada, but I've narrowed it down to two. And a half.

Massa didn't have his wits about him all weekend. He was lucky to get away with scraping down the wall in practice, made a total ballbag of the start, make a rookie mistake by speeding in the pitlane, then finally got suckered in a crash by Schumacher.

Schumacher himself was driving like a FFord rookie, seeming to have a magnetic force attracting him to any car which tried to pass him. His clumsy move on Kubica was little short of dangerous, and goodness knows whether his contact with Massa was carelessness or gamesmanship but I cannot believe he escaped without a penalty.

Honorary donkey award to Alonso for yet again demonstrating his inabilty to properly deal with backmarkers, making him easy prey for the McLarens then whining about it in interviews afterwards.

I have to mention Dave too for the last part of his post. You can hardly find bias clouding someoneīs judgement like this even inhere. Itīs garry walker level but more polite.

donKey jote
14th June 2010, 21:48
too many to mention, so Iīll be biassed and say Alonso for losing it to two backmarkers :p

unfortunately, I tend to agree with dave on this one :s
the lotus spoilt his in-lap but hey thatīs racing... I reckon Lewis would have passed him anyway

Tazio
14th June 2010, 21:50
Itīs garry walker level but more polite.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Forum Gold :s mokin:

Garry Walker
14th June 2010, 21:53
I have to mention Dave too for the last part of his post. You can hardly find bias clouding someoneīs judgement like this even inhere. Itīs garry walker level but more polite.

:D

52Paddy
14th June 2010, 23:09
Schumacher's latter race was dire. Why he opted to stay on softs for so long, I don't know. But, his early race pace was very impressive - 8th at the end of lap 1 and running as high as third at one point - so he's not my donkey.

I'm torn between Kobayashi and Petrov. Kobayashi's crash into the wall was actually hilarious but incredibly dim. Petrov, on the other hand, provided no laughs. He messed up his race from the beginning, had to pit a few times for damage he'd caused himself and then gets penalties handed to him, one for speeding in the pit-lane :down:

CaptainRaiden
15th June 2010, 08:44

THAT is spot on! :laugh:

My wife sometimes translates what he's saying, and boy, can he lie out of his backside! It seems the "expert" has F1 drivers running to spend time with him. :laugh: I don't remember when, I think it was last year, when he had the audacity to say that Schumacher told him some secrets about Ferrari over a cup of coffee?!?!? :eek:

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 09:17
THAT is spot on! :laugh:

My wife sometimes translates what he's saying, and boy, can he lie out of his backside! It seems the "expert" has F1 drivers running to spend time with him. :laugh: I don't remember when, I think it was last year, when he had the audacity to say that Schumacher told him some secrets about Ferrari over a cup of coffee?!?!? :eek:

He also dared to say that it was him who introduced Bourdais to the STR boys and that's how the Frenchman's F1 adventure began :laugh:

CaptainRaiden
15th June 2010, 09:53
He also dared to say that it was him who introduced Bourdais to the STR boys and that's how the Frenchman's F1 adventure began :laugh:

Oh no! :eek: :laugh:

This moron is definitely unique. I don't think I have ever come across such a lying sack of poo commentator in my lifetime. The way he goes on about his F1 "connections", he sounds like Bernie Ecclestone's Romanian speaking alter ego! :eek:

The worst part is, and this was also translated to me, the other commentator sometimes talks about some team's new front wing being very good, and this "expert" says, "Yeah, I looked at it, it's not so good," without actually knowing jack$hit about what its purpose was.

Oh, and it drove me crazy when he talked over the team radio, because that was the only time I understood something during the race. :D I'm glad they've stopped doing it now.

Dave B
15th June 2010, 10:00
I'd have left Alonso out if it had been a one-off, but we've seen this before from him: he gets stuck behind a much slower car and suddenly it's their fault. He gesticulates wildly, get's annoyed, but ultimately fails to pass. It's a weakness in an otherwise superb driver. You're right that I'll never support the guy - I think he's a arse of the highest order - but I do have respect for his driving.

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 11:56
I'd have left Alonso out if it had been a one-off, but we've seen this before from him: he gets stuck behind a much slower car and suddenly it's their fault. He gesticulates wildly, get's annoyed, but ultimately fails to pass. It's a weakness in an otherwise superb driver. You're right that I'll never support the guy - I think he's a arse of the highest order - but I do have respect for his driving.

I thought drivers one (or more) lap(s) behind are supposed to do their best to get out of the way when caught up. I see nothing wrong with being unhappy with another driver in a different lap messing your race. You are not supposed to overtake them. They are supposed to get out of the way.

markabilly
15th June 2010, 12:55

Do not worry, along with his .6 second adavantage, FA is going to replace Vale over at fiat yamaha for a few motogp races, he says it is easy and he will podium for all the events

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 13:34
You are not supposed to overtake them. They are supposed to get out of the way.

...before being shown three blue flags. But why wait for that, if you are in a quicker car, just find a way past.

Ayrton had a natural talent for this, Onslo clearly does not.

wedge
15th June 2010, 14:03
Ayrton had a natural talent for this, Onslo clearly does not.

Debatable.

Senna lost the 1990 Brazillian GP and 1988 Italian GP for being too hasty in traffic.

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 14:06
Debatable.

Senna lost the 1990 Brazillian GP and 1988 Italian GP for being too hasty in traffic.

'88 @ Monza was J L Schlesser's brain fade - he moved over before the chicane to let Senna by, then did a Vettel on him!

You'll have to jog my memory of the '90 Brazillian GP.

wedge
15th June 2010, 15:05
'88 @ Monza was J L Schlesser's brain fade - he moved over before the chicane to let Senna by, then did a Vettel on him!

You'll have to jog my memory of the '90 Brazillian GP.

In Brazil he was a couple of car lengths behind and decided to pull a banzai move on Nakajimi IIRC.

Schlesser outbraked himself and kept it on the road. What else was he supposed to do? Compromise himself by going into the kittylitter?

D14vDbs1vlM#t=1m13