PDA

View Full Version : WTF facebook!?

Wade91
11th June 2010, 06:57
last year my facebook was suspended for no apparent reason, i wasn't really active on facebook much back then, so i didn't try to do anything about it for awhile, but i eventually figured i should try to get my account re-activated becouse i knew i had done nothing wrong, obveasly facebook doesn't like to hear from its users becouse when i looked on facebook for a email adress to contact them i found that they didn't have a listed email adress anywhere on the site, but i searched the web and finally found a facebook email adress for apeals, so i sent a message asking why my account had been suspended and a couple of weeks later i got a email back saying they had re-activated my account, but they couldn't offer any info as to why it was suspended, but the email mentioned that remaining active on my account could prevent that from happening,

anyways for a few months now, i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook, with a fair amount accepting my friend requests,

all has been well until now, i just got a message awhile ago when trying to send a friend request:

Block! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users.
You have been blocked from adding friends because you repeatedly misused this feature. This block will last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. When you are allowed to reuse this feature, please proceed with caution. Further misuse may result in your account being permanently disabled.

anyone know what the FB protocol is for how many friend requests you should sent out in a certin peariod of time?

NOTE: although it says that i "repeatedly misuded this feature" i never recived any kinda warning about it before that i know of

MrJan
11th June 2010, 08:27
I'd guess that you've been adding people that you don't know and a lot of them have ignored or reported you for being creepy.

Mind you I've got a completely fake account on FB for some random bloke called Barry Fullalove and haven't had any trouble adding randoms, although that could be because I joined a Mafia Wars group to add more people to my mob.

Mark in Oshawa
11th June 2010, 08:33
Barry Fullalove? OH I BET YOU ARE.....say no MORE!!!!!!!

Wade91
11th June 2010, 08:56
most of the people who i have been adding are people who posted in diffront "add me" groups,

but i think facebook monitors how many friend friend requests you send, and your methods of finding people, and rather they accept or ignore,

according to the facebook FAQ theres no set limit for friend requsts, but all of the above are determaning factors,

i think they should just have a set limit per day

MrJan
11th June 2010, 09:20
Barry Fullalove? OH I BET YOU ARE.....say no MORE!!!!!!!

You leave Barry alone, he's a good bloke. Had a bit of car trouble this week though, he reversed his Volvo into some old lady in a supermarket car park and it doesn't look pretty. Apparently he's riding a bike until he can claim from the old lady's estate.

MrJan
11th June 2010, 09:25
Barry just suffered the same problem as wade. He was only trying to add people also called Fullalove, the poor lad's week gets worse and worse.

Dave B
11th June 2010, 10:17
Fullasomething, that's for sure :p

Ranger
11th June 2010, 14:03
know what the FB protocol is for how many friend requests you should sent out in a certin peariod of time?

It probably doesn't have anything to do with how many requests you send.

It is most likely due to the number of people reporting/blocking you.

Firstgear
11th June 2010, 15:12
Awww, isn't this sweet. Our little Wade has grown up and become a stalker.

fandango
11th June 2010, 15:51
Wade, if you want a number, the number is 2 (for example). No more than two new Facebook friends per day, so choose wisely before you send a friend request.

How's that?

Btw, what is quite a bit of time? As in: " i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook," ??

ShiftingGears
11th June 2010, 16:24
last year my facebook was suspended for no apparent reason, i wasn't really active on facebook much back then, so i didn't try to do anything about it for awhile, but i eventually figured i should try to get my account re-activated becouse i knew i had done nothing wrong, obveasly facebook doesn't like to hear from its users becouse when i looked on facebook for a email adress to contact them i found that they didn't have a listed email adress anywhere on the site, but i searched the web and finally found a facebook email adress for apeals, so i sent a message asking why my account had been suspended and a couple of weeks later i got a email back saying they had re-activated my account, but they couldn't offer any info as to why it was suspended, but the email mentioned that remaining active on my account could prevent that from happening,

anyways for a few months now, i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook, with a fair amount accepting my friend requests,

all has been well until now, i just got a message awhile ago when trying to send a friend request:

anyone know what the FB protocol is for how many friend requests you should sent out in a certin peariod of time?

NOTE: although it says that i "repeatedly misuded this feature" i never recived any kinda warning about it before that i know of

You must've jumped on a lot of people's cars.

Jag_Warrior
12th June 2010, 23:26
Gosh, I guess I've gotten old! :( But I still don't understand what Facebook is for, or why Facebook would ban someone for requesting people as "friends" that they don't know. Just like in real life, why don't people just refuse the friend request and move on with their lives?

And another thing I don't get, why are people putting (the most) intimate details about themselves on Facebook (and other social networking sites) and then getting all surprised when Rob the Rapist or Barbie the Bully finds out where they live? Stoopid much?

But anyway, can someone give me the short version of how the heck Facebook works and what it's for?

Daniel
12th June 2010, 23:30
Think of it kind of being like the forum but with you having a choice of who's on there.

Jag_Warrior
13th June 2010, 08:06
Think of it kind of being like the forum but with you having a choice of who's on there.

I looked at someone's Facebook page who I know (in real life), and I still don't know what the hell it was I was looking at. "Jag Girl" (we'll call her for now) tried to explain how Facebook worked - I still didn't get it. But what I saw was that her sister (the page's "owner"?) announced that she and her hubby were going to Rome this summer - which I already knew... ya know, since we're friends in real life! So was I able to see that personal bit of information only because Jag Girl was a "friend", or could any potential house robber see that information?

If anybody can see it, maybe I'll rob their house while they're gone... and then blame it on some unknown "Facebooker" (what do you call them, anyway?). That just seems like a dumb thing to put on the internet. I went to Vegas and was back home before anyone (even in my family) knew that I'd left. I sure wouldn't put that kind of info on the internet. Maybe it's just the paranoid schizo in me.

MrJan
13th June 2010, 08:24
It's a good way of getting in touch with people that you've lost contact with. My aunty ran away year ago, taking her children with her. FB allowed my granparents to get back in touch with the kids and see them again, something which they never thought would happen.

dunes
13th June 2010, 19:50
I also use FB however I don't let it use me. Be careful of what you can't see. Not everything meant to be good turns out that way. :vader:

Wade91
14th June 2010, 02:51
I looked at someone's Facebook page who I know (in real life), and I still don't know what the hell it was I was looking at. "Jag Girl" (we'll call her for now) tried to explain how Facebook worked - I still didn't get it. But what I saw was that her sister (the page's "owner"?) announced that she and her hubby were going to Rome this summer - which I already knew... ya know, since we're friends in real life! So was I able to see that personal bit of information only because Jag Girl was a "friend", or could any potential house robber see that information?

If anybody can see it, maybe I'll rob their house while they're gone... and then blame it on some unknown "Facebooker" (what do you call them, anyway?). That just seems like a dumb thing to put on the internet. I went to Vegas and was back home before anyone (even in my family) knew that I'd left. I sure wouldn't put that kind of info on the internet. Maybe it's just the paranoid schizo in me.
did you have to send a friend request to this person before you could see this info? that would only work if they listed their street adress on their facebook, otherwise you couldn't blame it on a random facebooker ;)

if they do list such info as their adress and phone numbers and such, then they probably have their setting set to only display their info to their friends on facebook, and they probably only except requests from people who are friends with them in real life

Wade91
14th June 2010, 03:32
Wade, if you want a number, the number is 2 (for example). No more than two new Facebook friends per day, so choose wisely before you send a friend request.

How's that?

Btw, what is quite a bit of time? As in: " i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook," ??
well, i used to spend more time with it than i have been recently, i used to sometimes spend like two hours with it some days, then i just started spending a few minutes checking a few diffront "add me" groups most ever day, recently i had started checking the groups more often and was adding more friends than ever before, which i guess is what got me blocked from adding friends, i know sevreal of the friend requests i sent were accapted, but i'm not sure what percentage of them wern't, i'm not sure if i'm still blocked from adding friends or not, i guess i will try it again in a few days

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2010, 19:02
did you have to send a friend request to this person before you could see this info? that would only work if they listed their street adress on their facebook, otherwise you couldn't blame it on a random facebooker ;)

if they do list such info as their adress and phone numbers and such, then they probably have their setting set to only display their info to their friends on facebook, and they probably only except requests from people who are friends with them in real life

I looked at it using her sister's login (I don't have a Facebook login), and yeah they are "Facebook friends" - so that's why I could see that info, huh? I just wondered how that worked, since I heard that Facebook was having a LOT of problems with those (supposed) privacy settings. I still think it's a REALLY bad idea to put that sort of private information on a social networking site. I say the two of us drive to Charlotte and climb on top of their X5 while they're gone, to teach them a lesson. Are you with me? :bounce:

MrJan
14th June 2010, 19:56
I say the two of us drive to Charlotte and climb on top of their X5 while they're gone, to teach them a lesson. Are you with me? :bounce:

:laugh: That'll show 'em good :D

Facebook is as safe as you want it to be. If you don't want your name, address and phone number all over the place then don't put them on there. I know several people that use a nickname and post very little actual info. As long as you are aware that any info you put up is liable to be visible by anyone then you'll be fine.

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2010, 00:21
Facebook is as safe as you want it to be. If you don't want your name, address and phone number all over the place then don't put them on there. I know several people that use a nickname and post very little actual info. As long as you are aware that any info you put up is liable to be visible by anyone then you'll be fine.

That's the part that I think some people forget. I've read quite a few stories about people not getting jobs because prospective employers go to their FaceBook or MySpace page and begin to think they're goofy... so they don't hire them.

Eh, just another modern thing that I don't get. :dozey: