PDA

View Full Version : Economy got you down

dunes
10th June 2010, 03:20
Lets hear your pet peeves.
Mine is people who act unlike thier true selves.
Brownnoser,backstabbers,turncoats,best friends who sleep with your woman,Women who sleep with your friend........
Did I miss anyone?

Rollo
10th June 2010, 03:44
People who leave grubby head marks on the bus.

I totally understand that people will sleep on the bus or train, but do they really have to leave greasy and grubby marks from where their bonce has been touching the windows?
Do people have so much "product" in their hair that they simply can not help it?

This is why lately I have taken to carrying around in my satchel a small handtowel for the express purpose of degreasing the rampant filth plaguing said windows of public transport.

Daniel
10th June 2010, 08:30
Rollo, are you Niles Crane? :p

Sonic
10th June 2010, 09:58
Rollo, are you Niles Crane? :p

I've long thought so! ;) :D

Most of my pet peeves are driving related, like;

107 year old men driving at 42mph on the motorway with their fog lights on, on the sunniest day of the year.

Or;

Waiting to pay for my petrol and the old dear in front is doing her F ing weekly shop in front of me. Its a petrol station FFS!

MrJan
10th June 2010, 10:22
People that drive significantly under the speed limit. On my way to work there's a stretch of NSL single carriageway and people often drive at 40 along there without a care in the world. Meanwhile I'm running about 5 minutes late and could do with opening the taps a bit but am just stuck behind them. The worst time was when I followed someone home who insisted on doing 25mph most of the way, I nearly slammed my head through the windscreen just to end the tedium.

ShiftingGears
10th June 2010, 10:38
Drivers going significantly under the speed limit is a massive peeve of mine.

GridGirl
10th June 2010, 13:18
Waiting to pay for my petrol and the old dear in front is doing her F ing weekly shop in front of me. Its a petrol station FFS!

This is the exact reason why I hate and no longer use my local Tesco Express Petrol station. I was always behind the person that got fuel and then spent half an hour doing their shopping before paying.

ArrowsFA1
10th June 2010, 13:34
People who stick to the 30mph limit in a 30mph zone are fine, but when that becomes a 40mph or 60mph zone and they're still doing 30... :mad:

They seem to think they're doing a public service or something, but if they're so keen on abiding by the law then why do they not stick rigidly to other speed limits as well :confused:

MrJan
10th June 2010, 14:06
On my way home I go through a bit of NSL that becomes a 20 limit at a T junction. It's amazing the number of people that go faster past the kiddies park in the 20 limit, than they do down the 60 limit.

Sonic
10th June 2010, 15:25
Seems I've accidently turned this into a driving thread - ooops! :D

I've got another driving peeve to add to my list;

Middle lane hogs. Made even worse on my local motorway which expands from 3 lanes to 4 between two busy junctions - so lane two hogs who fail to notice the extra lane to their left aree now lane 3 hogs, forcing me to move across 4 lanes of traffic to overtake one muppet before move all four lanes back over to take up the proper lane position.

Just to balance it out, a non-driving related one;

In a shopping centre recently I opened a door for a young lady with two kids in tow and nearly had my head bitten off "YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT JUST BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN!" Er, no. I opened the door because I have good manners you ungrateful trout, nothing to do with your gender.

This is very calming getting these things all out of my system btw. LONG LIVE THE PET PEEVE THREAD!

MrJan
10th June 2010, 15:54
Just today I read something on the BBC which made me smile. A bloke offered his seat to a woman who got all uppity and apparently he replied "Madam, I offer you my seat not because you are a lady, but because I am a gentleman." Top quality answer for the feminist bitch :D

Hondo
10th June 2010, 18:49
Women at the checkout that say "Oh, I have the penny..." and then spend the next 10 minutes rooting through their purse looking for it.

Women at the checkout that want to argue at length over the validity of
a crummy "cents off" coupon on one or more of their items.

Any fool that cannot complete at least one transaction at an atm machine within 2 minutes should have their card shredded by the machine and then be led away and shot.

People driving faster than you that could legally pass you but won't, choosing instead to tailgate you trying to push you into driving faster so you'll bust the radar and get the ticket instead of them.

Married or Co-habitation Dept:

Going out at 2:00 am in a freezing rain because "I started and I'm out of tampons. This is a regular event, you knew it was coming again, you're at the store 3 times a week, how can you be out of tampons. I'll go once, I'll go twice, after that you're on your own.

"Come help me change the sheets on the bed" You changed them by yourself all the time when you lived by yourself and now you can't. What happened?

Shouted through the house by the woman ready to get out of the bathtub..."Bring me a towel". Why didn't you make sure you had a towel before you got into the tub? Didn't you know you were going to get wet?

Petty, but a real pisser. At the fast food burger joint she orders a sandwich and a drink, no fries (chips to some of you). "I don't want any fries". you begin to eat your meal and she starts snatching your fries. After the second one you say "You said you didn't want any fries." "Oh, well...I just want a few". Then get an order of fries, eat what you want and throw away the rest or I'll eat the leftovers but if you take another one of mine, I'll break your fingers. You don't mess with a man's french fries.

schmenke
10th June 2010, 19:55
...In a shopping centre recently I opened a door for a young lady with two kids in tow and nearly had my head bitten off "YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT JUST BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN!" Er, no. I opened the door because I have good manners you ungrateful trout, nothing to do with your gender. ...!

A similar experience some time ago as I was boarding a bus, I stepped aside to allow a lady on before me. She looked at me in disgust with an audible "Tsk!". But she boarded ahead of me anyways, the stupid skank :dozey:

Recent peeve: people who don't queue at the bus stop :mark:

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2010, 20:47
Just today I read something on the BBC which made me smile. A bloke offered his seat to a woman who got all uppity and apparently he replied "Madam, I offer you my seat not because you are a lady, but because I am a gentleman." Top quality answer for the feminist bitch :D

Jan, this topic was on the radio today on a Toronto talk show, and there is a lot of guys out there who have been given a hard time by us being gentlemen. THIS answer you have put will be BURNED in my memory, because the next time I am given that sort of reaction (it has happened but once), THAT will be my answer!

I have pet peeves of people who cannot grasp if the light is going to turn Red, you don't just coast through it. You either speed up so you make it through before it changes, or slow to stop. This coasting stuff is for the birds.

Then I think a special place in hell is reserved for people who sit in the passing lane on the highway, and ride the brake as they tailgate the guy in front of them..and then you look ahead, and realize there is 8 of them in a draft like you would see at Daytona, all tailgatting, with the guy at the front doing 2km/h over the limit and then riding his brake. The best part though is slipping to the middle lane, and passing em all.....

Oh there are lots of peeves I have....but I am smiling today, because the Stanley Cup was given out last night, and as a hockey fan, this ritual sort of is like New Year's day to me...lol....

Eki
10th June 2010, 21:13
Reading this thread reminds me why I avoid public transport and buy my petrol from automatic pumps that except credit or debit cards.

Garry Walker
10th June 2010, 21:19

An attitude that seems to be growing amongst young women these days. Stupid idiots.

Rollo
10th June 2010, 21:27

Going out at 2:00 am in a freezing rain because "I started and I'm out of tampons. This is a regular event, you knew it was coming again, you're at the store 3 times a week, how can you be out of tampons. I'll go once, I'll go twice, after that you're on your own.

Useful notes on tampons:

1. Tampons are highly absorbent and can be used on more occasions than merely when the painters are in. Tampons will soak up:
- Dexron
- 5W40
- Castrol TTS
- Various hydraulic fluids like Skydrol, Tellus and Durad
They are generally cheaper than most automotive sponges.

2. Tampons are more effective than either Rain-X or Sea Quick at removing fog on the inside of your windows.

GridGirl
10th June 2010, 21:40

Shouted through the house by the woman ready to get out of the bathtub..."Bring me a towel". Why didn't you make sure you had a towel before you got into the tub? Didn't you know you were going to get wet?

I washed all of our towels on Sunday. The other half ignored me when I told him to get them out of the tumble dryer. I how I laughed when I was sat a work on Monday and got a text that said he realised there were no towels when he got out of the shower. We also have no curtains or blinds at the moment so the naked dash could have been interesting for the neighbours.

I really hate back fat! More specifically women wearing a bra that is too small and the fat on their back bulges out because it's too tight! It's disgusting and I don't want to see it! Go and buy bigger underwear!!!

I also dilike orange people. If your real or fake tan had turned you into an Umpa Lump you have taken it too far.

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2010, 21:51
I washed all of our towels on Sunday. The other half ignored me when I told him to get them out of the tumble dryer. I how I laughed when I was sat a work on Monday and got a text that said he realised there were no towels when he got out of the shower. We also have no curtains or blinds at the moment so the naked dash could have been interesting for the neighbours.

good on you!!!

I do the laundry around her, since I am not working, and I HATE it...but even I wouldn't be THAT dumb. I make sure I have my towel ready when I go in!!!!

Rollo
11th June 2010, 00:20
Pre-Sliced Bags of Apples.
What the hell is this? Seriously?

I kid thee not, there are for sale in the supermarket pre-sliced apples for sale. I mean how hard is it to slice your own apples? Or alternatively, just eat the apple as is?

Also:
http://cincottachemist.com.au/productimg/1147779.jpg
Berocca Twist N Go.

Why?

It's basically only one Berocca fizzy tablet, and about 200mL of water but sold for $2.95. Why? It's just as easy to buy a whole pack of Berocca, put in a glass of water yourself and then put the remaining 11 fizzy tablets back into the medicine cabinet. This is crazy stuff. :crazy:

ShiftingGears
11th June 2010, 03:57

I kid thee not, there are for sale in the supermarket pre-sliced apples for sale. I mean how hard is it to slice your own apples? Or alternatively, just eat the apple as is?

Also:
http://cincottachemist.com.au/productimg/1147779.jpg
Berocca Twist N Go.

Why?

It's basically only one Berocca fizzy tablet, and about 200mL of water but sold for $2.95. Why? It's just as easy to buy a whole pack of Berocca, put in a glass of water yourself and then put the remaining 11 fizzy tablets back into the medicine cabinet. This is crazy stuff. :crazy:

If i were hungover in a mall or something i would definitely buy one. Obviously you would never buy them if you were just going to drink it at home.

harvick#1
11th June 2010, 04:40
hmm, pet peeves, stuck up women who think that if you do something nice for them, like hold the door, they think your a creep, but then while with their BF, he treats her like crap and she likes it :confused:

people who fail to drive the speed limit

people on a one lane road and while you are going over 5 mph of the speed limit, they have to get right on your ass and stay there and tailgate.

waiting in line at the grocery store to notice your always in the line the person is trying to use a check to pay, seriously!!!!!! who still uses checks instead of credit or cash.

someone asking you a question and wants a response in 2 seconds, give me a minute to answer :laugh:

Eki
11th June 2010, 05:40

It must be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

fandango
11th June 2010, 16:17
Here's mine:

On the motorbike on a motorway in a traffic jam, you can still move along at a good speed between the lanes of cars. Some do it faster than others, so if I suddenly find there's another bike behind me I get out of the way and let them through. But when it's me that comes up behind someone do they do the same? Oh no, they try to go quicker, thereby increasing the risk of an accident for everyone rather than have their pride dented by being passed.

Non-driving:
When you write an e-mail with more than one thing to say and someone replies having obviously only read the first point/line/question.

People (often women) who you make way for in the supermarket who stop right in the middle of the space you have TEMPORARILY made for them.

People who ask why I don't believe in God. There is no why, either you believe or you don't. How can you choose?

Holier-than-thou cyclists.

People who are really slow at credit card toll booths.

dunes
13th June 2010, 21:54
Not to get off the traffic peeve; But heres one that catches mne saying WTF everytime I ask it.
Honey where would you like to eat tonight,,And people tell me the answer.

Right its either "I don't care" or "you pick a place", Why the heck do I ask if I know ahead of time its coming back to me to decide. Why I'll tell you why. Because the first time I don't its all ab out. "how come you always get to go where you want" or You NEVER ask me where I'd like to go".
Its like thier waiting on each and every word to start an arugument. Paretners we have PMS also its when we know we've put our feet down our throat and all we were triing to do is be respecful or thoughtful.Get over yourself. I didn't whizz in your cerial so either tell me your problum or shut the frig up about it.But don't I said DON'T beat me up because some guy at work came on to you and you had one of your cycles or something.

WOW that felt good . Maybe some day she'll read this.

Jag_Warrior
13th June 2010, 23:01
I guess the big one for me also involves traffic: people who pull out in front of me and then act like they're taking their car for a walk (especially if I'm running late)... and then there are the speed demons who want to ride my azz when I'm driving an SUV that just won't go any faster. For those people, I believe in the Jacque Villeneuve School of Driving: Brake Check 101. Let them get right on your tail, keep your foot on the acclerator... and then tap the brake pedal just enough to make the brake lights come on! Watch the mirror when you do it. :eek: Seeing someone's eyes get as big as pie pans is actually quite funny. I'm not as bad about getting all road ragey as I used to be. I've tried to get better. But sometimes the lil devil on my shoulder gives me wicked ideas and I can't help myself.

anthonyvop
14th June 2010, 01:02
and then there are the speed demons who want to ride my azz when I'm driving an SUV that just won't go any faster. For those people, I believe in the Jacque Villeneuve School of Driving: Brake Check 101. Let them get right on your tail, keep your foot on the acclerator... and then tap the brake pedal just enough to make the brake lights come on! Watch the mirror when you do it. :eek: Seeing someone's eyes get as big as pie pans is actually quite funny. I'm not as bad about getting all road ragey as I used to be. I've tried to get better. But sometimes the lil devil on my shoulder gives me wicked ideas and I can't help myself.

Wow....What a Douchebag!

May I make a suggestion?
Next time you are cruising down the Highway glance into that mirror hanging from the middle of the windshield every once in awhile(You know, the mirror you use to put on your makeup) and when you see somebody faster than you coming up.......GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2010, 02:37
Wow....What a Douchebag!

May I make a suggestion?
Next time you are cruising down the Highway glance into that mirror hanging from the middle of the windshield every once in awhile(You know, the mirror you use to put on your makeup) and when you see somebody faster than you coming up.......GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!

No, you may not make a suggestion. I guess in addition to math, science and every other class you probably took in high school, you struggled in driver's ed too?

Fine, I'll give you a short course on the rules of the road. When a car (let's say it's my car) is traveling between 65-70 (posted limit of 65) and I'm passing a line of cars going 60-65, only then will I be in the passing lane. Otherwise, I drive in the right lane, as that's how the laws in my state are written... plus it's the right thing to do. So if I'm in the passing lane, I have a reason and a right to be there. But if a car driven by some wannabe Mario Andretti twit (let's say that's your car :dozey :) zooms up behind me, getting closer to my rear bumper is not going to get you anywhere good. I don't do that to other people and never have, unless the person is taking a nap in the passing lane. But I do believe in treating idiots and twinks like the idiots and twinks they are. So anyone who tailgates me takes the risk that I'm going to screw with them... and I definitely am (unless there is a passenger in the car with me). My lit up brake lights are a warning to the pimply faced kids and other fools who shouldn't be on the road to begin with. So it's best to take that warning and just back the hell off my bumper before you get yourself into a situation that won't be so easy to get out of. If I actually stabbed the brakes, that would be a different matter. But goofballs that have your idiotic "GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!" attitude will get taken to school if they zip up on my bumper. And the ones that shake their fists when they do pass... just get a fist and a finger back.

You seem pretty tender about this. Hmm, you must have been that guy in the pink Mini that I did that to on I-95 last year. Sorry about that. But let that be a lesson to you.

dunes
14th June 2010, 02:51
Likewise I haul between 70 and 80 Thousand pounds ,I do the required speed limit for trucks and if anybody comes up on me flashing thier lights thinking I'm going to back off and fall in line with the slower traffic I'm triing to pass then they'll get to pass me after ALL the slow cars go by and I reaccelerate to pass them. We have rights also and the people who think we don't belong on the road should just go to the docks and buy thier commodities. We have extreemly stringent rules and laws we must abide with and the last thing were going to do is speed up, slow down, or get out of the way of some idiot who woke up late for work.

Rollo
14th June 2010, 02:52
But if a car driven by some wannabe Mario Andretti twit (let's say that's your car :dozey :) zooms up behind me, getting closer to my rear bumper is not going to get you anywhere good. I don't do that to other people and never have, unless the person is taking a nap in the passing lane. But I do believe in treating idiots and twinks like the idiots and twinks they are. So anyone who tailgates me takes the risk that I'm going to screw with them... and I definitely am (unless there is a passenger in the car with me). My lit up brake lights are a warning to the pimply faced kids and other fools who shouldn't be on the road to begin with. So it's best to take that warning and just back the hell off my bumper before you get yourself into a situation that won't be so easy to get out of.

My name is Rollo and I approve of this message. :up:

My Ka is fitted with a button for use in fog conditions, which turns the rear lamps up a notch. If I press the button with a short job, it looks like I'm applying the brakes, even though I might have my foot on the accelerator.

People who are coming up a lot faster in the outside lane in most cases are speeding to the point of excessiveness, and would probably be annoyed by your prescence anyway. Mr Warrior's plan to put some fear into these halfwits and jackaninnies is commendable.

dunes
14th June 2010, 03:05
My name is Rollo and I approve of this message. :up:

My Ka is fitted with a button for use in fog conditions, which turns the rear lamps up a notch. If I press the button with a short job, it looks like I'm applying the brakes, even though I might have my foot on the accelerator.

People who are coming up a lot faster in the outside lane in most cases are speeding to the point of excessiveness, and would probably be annoyed by your prescence anyway. Mr Warrior's plan to put some fear into these halfwits and jackaninnies is commendable.
Most of these people drive these roads everyday and are aware of the conditions. so if thier going to be late anyway or ju8st to scared to drive in the fog why not stay home have an extra cup of cocoa and stay out of our way. OK OK So they have to go out stay in the slow lane and for petes sake use your flashers.I have the same people when serious storms come to pass. Get off the next exit and wait the storms only going to last a matter of minutes not hours.

Azumanga Davo
14th June 2010, 03:54
Waiting for a taxi in Ipswich on Thursday, an old woman in the queue in front of me asked me where the bus stop was. I pointed in the direction of it (it was across the road) and off she went. Couple minutes later, a taxi arrives and as I'm now at the front of the queue, got my bags together to hop in the back. All of a sudden, I hear "I was waiting for that taxi!" Yeah, thanks, she bloody disappeared and expected her place in the queue back at the snap of a finger.

She got her way, the silly old bag. :/

anthonyvop
14th June 2010, 04:04
You seem pretty tender about this. Hmm, you must have been that guy in the pink Mini that I did that to on I-95 last year. Sorry about that. But let that be a lesson to you.

Pink Mini? Is that some type of homophobic insult? I thought you liberals were suppose to be accepting of other people's lifestyle.

Only a douchebag would get mad that somebody wants to get past them.

Only an Asshole would brake check somebody on a public highway. You realize that if you caused that person to lose control and die in a crash you would be charged with Murder?

At the very least to brake check somebody on a public thoroughfare is assault, I had somebody brake check me once and I treated is as that. I believe it is safe to say that Douchebag will never do it again.

ShiftingGears
14th June 2010, 04:57
I really don't care if someone is coming up behind me on the roads doing faster than me. It's not slowing me down.

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2010, 06:18
Pink Mini? Is that some type of homophobic insult? I thought you liberals were suppose to be accepting of other people's lifestyle.

Only an Asshole would brake check somebody on a public highway. You realize that if you caused that person to lose control and die in a crash you would be charged with Murder?

At the very least to brake check somebody on a public thoroughfare is assault, I had somebody brake check me once and I treated is as that. I believe it is safe to say that Douchebag will never do it again.

So that was you, eh? Nice... er, "car". ;)

At 75 mph, if you get closer than 3 seconds, or roughly 330 feet, to the car in front of you, then any collision or accident you get into is your problem. And if you actually hit the rear of someone's car (especially while speeding), that's pretty much your azz. I would just love to hear some fool try to explain to a cop or judge that he was speeding and riding someone's bumper... and the fact that he crashed his car is not his fault. What's that called, the Dufus Defense? The old "if you are a twit, the judge cannot convict" move? Yeah, smooth move. :rolleyes: The reason for maintaining that safe distance is because one NEVER knows when the vehicle in front may have to stop or suddenly slow. How many accidents have you been in, anyway?

I've had cars come to sudden stops in front of me before. And yet, I've never hit anyone. Ya know why? Because unlike you, I know how to maintain a safe distance to the car in front of me. It would NOT be possible to flash the brake lights and alarm me, or actually brake check me... because I have enough sense not to ride on people's bumpers. :rolleyes:

I've heard that Florida is one of the worst places in the U.S. to drive... and now I know why.

Learn to drive and stop whining... or start taking a taxi to work!

MrJan
14th June 2010, 08:48
I really don't care if someone is coming up behind me on the roads doing faster than me. It's not slowing me down.

It slows me down :D I either go for a quick dab on the brakes with the left foot, a flash of my fog lights or I just slow down a bit :D I also always move across very, very gradually if someone is stuck right up me arse, and then give a big toothy grin to the other driver :D

Rudy Tamasz
14th June 2010, 10:03

My pet peeve is people who easily get emotional about something and turn a simple situation into a drama.

I refer to my mom in law, of course. ;)

Rollo
14th June 2010, 13:10

Assualt requires physical contact. If you are the car following, then by every definition it is you who would hit the car in front.

Hondo
14th June 2010, 17:46
Ideas I've had along the Jag line:

Using a button on the dash to activate a solenoid valve from an onboard air tank to a set of air shocks on the rear of the car along with the brake lights. This would have the effect of having the rear of the car suddenly raise up like you really had just nailed your brakes hard. I never did it because it really would cause carnage behind me that some innocent might get caught up with. In addition, there probably are legal aspects to creating a false condition.

On the motorcycle, I always wanted to make a fake stick of dynamite with a length of real fuse. After being cut off, or almost hit, or otherwise being treated badly by a pickup truck driver, I thought it would be great fun to pull out my "dynamite", light the fuse off my cigarette, pull up alongside the truck, show the driver the "dynamite", smile, and toss the "dynamite" into the back of his pickup truck. I always wondered if they'd stop the truck and get out and run or bail out while the truck was still moving.

After re-doing the suspension on my old Trans Am and lowering the car an additional 1 1/2 inches, I was guilty of gradually increasing my speed with a tailgater on my rear bumper to the point where I knew I could barely take the hard lefthander coming up which meant they couldn't take it all. Out in the country area where I lived, I left many a vehicle behind me at rest in a pasture after they crashed through the farmer's fence instead of making the turn. A few of them managed to find an oak tree to help them stop. No, I didn't feel bad for them then and don't feel bad for them now. All of them were offered the opportunity to pass me, including me pulling on to the shoulder if need be.

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2010, 18:51
My pet peeve is people who easily get emotional about something and turn a simple situation into a drama.

I refer to my mom in law, of course. ;)

Does she drive a pink Mini too?

There's just something about these folks with pink Minis. :D

anthonyvop
14th June 2010, 19:34
Does she drive a pink Mini too?

There's just something about these folks with pink Minis. :D

Rather drive a pink Mini(I am secure in my sexuality and Minis are great cars) than be a Douchebag!

I bet you have a closet full of Ed hardy Shirts and have a barbed wire tattoo around your bicep.

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2010, 20:22
Rather drive a pink Mini(I am secure in my sexuality and Minis are great cars) than be a Douchebag!

I bet you have a closet full of Ed hardy Shirts and have a barbed wire tattoo around your bicep.

What's an Ed Hardy shirt and what does that mean? And sorry, but I don't like needles, so no tats for me.

You seem to know a lot of fine details about this sort of stuff. Speaking of closets, I'm thinking that you're getting ready to come out of one any minute now. And that's OK. What one man does with another man is NONE of my business... as long as he's not tailgating my car. ;)

anthonyvop
15th June 2010, 00:23
What's an Ed Hardy shirt and what does that mean? And sorry, but I don't like needles, so no tats for me.

You seem to know a lot of fine details about this sort of stuff. Speaking of closets, I'm thinking that you're getting ready to come out of one any minute now. And that's OK. What one man does with another man is NONE of my business... as long as he's not tailgating my car. ;)

You seem to be preoccupied with people close to your rear.....

ShiftingGears
15th June 2010, 03:21
It slows me down :D I either go for a quick dab on the brakes with the left foot, a flash of my fog lights or I just slow down a bit :D I also always move across very, very gradually if someone is stuck right up me arse, and then give a big toothy grin to the other driver :D

Why bother? It just makes you more likely to have an accident, which would just be a nuisance. So long as they aren't blaring their high beams into my car it really doesn't bother me.

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2010, 03:08
You seem to be preoccupied with people close to your rear.....

Like I said, I have no complaints about ever being brake checked (or brake LIGHT checked) because I don't do the silly things on the road (that you have admitted to doing) that would cause people to try that on me. Because I maintain a safe distance, it wouldn't affect me anyway. I also have never been slapped for getting fresh or had a woman clutch her purse while on an elevator with me. These might also be issues for you. I don't know. But if they are, I suggest that you can fix those problems, as well as most others, by dealing with the person in your mirror, and not by blaming others.

dunes
20th June 2010, 16:47
Peeve for today
people waaiting till 30 minutes before store closing to return five or more gifts.Or coming in 10 minutes before closing with 3 friends and ordering a full meal.
Or coming to the drive thru and having to wait for someone elses 5 page order to be completed.

ioan
20th June 2010, 18:56
I guess the big one for me also involves traffic: people who pull out in front of me and then act like they're taking their car for a walk (especially if I'm running late)... and then there are the speed demons who want to ride my azz when I'm driving an SUV that just won't go any faster. For those people, I believe in the Jacque Villeneuve School of Driving: Brake Check 101. Let them get right on your tail, keep your foot on the acclerator... and then tap the brake pedal just enough to make the brake lights come on! Watch the mirror when you do it. :eek: Seeing someone's eyes get as big as pie pans is actually quite funny. I'm not as bad about getting all road ragey as I used to be. I've tried to get better. But sometimes the lil devil on my shoulder gives me wicked ideas and I can't help myself.

Same here. And I fully agree, it's funny to see their faces. :D