PDA

View Full Version : Massa extends Ferrari contract

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2010, 12:05
Ferrari announced on Wednesday morning that it has extended its contract with Felipe Massa, who will stay on at the team at least until the 2012 season.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84244

Dave B
9th June 2010, 12:17
The driver market's looking pretty stable for 2011 then, with Webber and Massa previously expected to be pivotal but now confirmed with their current teams.

This would leave no real vacancies for the oft-discussed return of Kimi or a move by Kubica.

With this vote of confidence I hope we see a return to form for Filipe. He's been less error-prone than Alonso of late, but there just seems to be something lacking.

MadDan
9th June 2010, 12:40
if they had kicked him out a year after his accident they would have looks like a real ashole team

pino
9th June 2010, 13:06
Great news :up:

I am evil Homer
9th June 2010, 13:15
With this vote of confidence I hope we see a return to form for Filipe. He's been less error-prone than Alonso of late, but there just seems to be something lacking.

The extra 10% that separates the very good from the great.

Still good news for Felipe a driver i've always liked. So all the top seats secured now you can imagine Renault want to hold on to the two guys they've got as well.

That really only leaves Mercedes (doubt either will move) and Force India where Luizzi looks on rocky ground

maximilian
9th June 2010, 14:06
Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great Ferrari drivers of the past, of all people it's Massa to hold the #2 spot in all time races for Ferrari after Michael Schumacher. I find Ferrari's decision disappointing. Having a new team leader in Alonso, it would have been a good opportunity to freshen up the team a bit more. Perhaps they are waiting for Vettel's RB contract to run out instead ;)

Sonic
9th June 2010, 14:44
Maybe they are waiting for Vettel's RB contract to run out instead ;)

You may well be right there.

As for Massa, I'm pleased he can get on with the job without the threat of being dumped on his ass.

Rodster
9th June 2010, 15:22
Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great Ferrari drivers of the past, of all people it's Massa to hold the #2 spot in all time races for Ferrari after Michael Schumacher. I find Ferrari's decision disappointing. Having a new team leader in Alonso, it would have been a good opportunity to freshen up the team a bit more. Perhaps they are waiting for Vettel's RB contract to run out instead ;)

I read a rumour that links a Vettel along with an Adrian Newey move.

pino
9th June 2010, 16:18

Massa is a great guy and fast enough to deserve the seat, most Ferrari fans are not disappointed ;)

Rodster
9th June 2010, 16:58
Massa is a great guy and fast enough to deserve the seat, most Ferrari fans are not disappointed ;)

I'm happy Ferrari kept him. He's a damn good driver, still young and a fantastic team player and just a nice guy, like Alex Wurz, drivers you root for. Alonso OTOH I don't like and i'm a huge Ferrari fan.

nigelred5
9th June 2010, 17:38
Well deserved IMHO. Massa was one Nick Heidfeld error in the rain from being a World Champion, A race which Massa actually won. I found Button's actual championship last year far less impressive from a driving standpoint. Filipe has 11 wins, some of which were head to head against Schumacher. Fact is, a driver who is almost universally regarded as a much better driver with two world championships has done only marginally better in the current Ferrari.

truefan72
9th June 2010, 17:44
good for him

ioan
9th June 2010, 20:22
Not sure if I should be happy or not for him.
At least this silences the Kubica bandwagon.

Mia 01
9th June 2010, 20:44
I like the little guy. Congrats Felipe baby.

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:47

Most of us will actually be very very happy. Great guy and he has matured into a fast drive capable of challenging for the WDC. Who would have thunk that 5 years ago!

Garry Walker
10th June 2010, 21:13
Shame. I will find it hard to support him for another 2,5 years in a team mainly consisting of assholes.

SGWilko
11th June 2010, 09:13
Shame. I will find it hard to support him for another 2,5 years in a team mainly consisting of assholes.

Everyone has a hole in ther botty you know. ;)

Dave B
11th June 2010, 10:21
Although some here can't tell it from their elbows.... :p

jens
12th June 2010, 20:07
Quite a boring silly season compared to last year, I have to say. Top4 teams have been fully confirmed and based on the latest news it should be said that Kubica is also a given at Renault. Looks like teams are looking for stability for now after recent massive changes.

As for the contract extensions of Webber and Massa - well, quite logical. Even if they don't happen to dominate the field, they are at least good #2's. Now the most interesting question in silly season is, which rookies might we see in F1 in 2011 - Ricciardo? Di Resta? Perez? Bianchi/Bird? Maldonado?.