PDA

View Full Version : MG considering btcc return

rallyrazz
9th June 2010, 11:50
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/MG/250366/

be great if they did

Chris2k6
9th June 2010, 12:01
i feel this could just be MG "talking up" the car. Hopefully im wrong as i would love to see MG back in the grid as a works team. Then if we could finally get Volvo back in, well that would just be a dream :-D

UltimateDanGTR
9th June 2010, 16:48
wow, MG are actually still alive!

the car does look rather NGTC suited actually, TC times said they had talked to various teams, meaning if this was to happen then an established BTCC would be in charge. WSR again maybe?

rallyrazz
9th June 2010, 17:22
wow, MG are actually still alive!

the car does look rather NGTC suited actually, TC times said they had talked to various teams, meaning if this was to happen then an established BTCC would be in charge. WSR again maybe?

I was thinking the same thing, maybe Colin Turkington could lead the attack..

UltimateDanGTR
9th June 2010, 17:32
I was thinking the same thing, maybe Colin Turkington could lead the attack..

especially if he did well in his upcoming WTCC events, to achieve sponsorship (though actually, Im sure there would be plenty of support from MG-so he may not need it in the end. If that was to happen, it would all be quite ironic.)

VkmSpouge
9th June 2010, 19:22
I won't hold my breath but it would be good if MG did come back in an official form.

RMLCruzeing82
9th June 2010, 20:07
yeah WSR running 2 MG6's get Reid and Turks

Eurotech
9th June 2010, 20:56
yeah WSR running 2 MG6's get Reid and Turks
Haha, what about Hughes? (Warren or Jason, depending on budget :) )

To be honest, I would love to see MG back in the BTCC, MG is still a British company (ish) and it should be in Britains premier motor racing series.... along with Vauxhall :D

RMLCruzeing82
9th June 2010, 23:03
Haha, what about Hughes? (Warren or Jason, depending on budget :) )

To be honest, I would love to see MG back in the BTCC, MG is still a British company (ish) and it should be in Britains premier motor racing series.... along with Vauxhall :D

ok let me re do the driver list. Reid, Turkington, Both Jason and Warren Hughes in a MG6 :D yeah as you can tell i wont MG back alot as well

you can all ways take the mark out of Briton but you can never take the Britishness out of the mark :P

mattie007
9th June 2010, 23:58
Awesome news! The 6 is designed, engineered and hopefully built in England so suits the BTCC perfectly! If this comes off, then I will be the happiest person ever! Got to be in black and green though......
What a way to promote the car and brand aswell.

RMLCruzeing82
10th June 2010, 00:35
http://www.insideline.com/saic/china-developed-mg6-will-be-built-in-uk.html

take a read :) ) good news

mattie007
10th June 2010, 00:58
Like this part-

"The MG6, which was developed primarily in the U.K., will be manufactured and sold initially in China, with the U.K. plant supplying European customers, beginning in 2011. "

The pictures of it in red are stunning!

UltimateDanGTR
10th June 2010, 10:00
I think as a touring car the MG6 will look great.

I hope this happens, the more variety with NGTC the better!

when NGTC actually takes full effect, I would expect BMWs, Chevy Cruzes, Honda Civic saloon (the american version they use in the argentine TC2000) or accord, Ford focus saloon or mondeo at the very least. adding an MG6 to that list would be good, and I hope the 888 and andrew jordan vectras are kept on for a few years yet.

RMLCruzeing82
10th June 2010, 10:59
Like this part-

"The MG6, which was developed primarily in the U.K., will be manufactured and sold initially in China, with the U.K. plant supplying European customers, beginning in 2011. "

The pictures of it in red are stunning!

yeah im actually thinking of buying one, when it comes out in red. trade my 1999 fiat punto in. think its time i got a new car owned MG's in the past ZR in yellow and ZS(btcc replica) was black

mattie007
10th June 2010, 18:05
The ZS's are great cars, a little dated perhaps but still a superb drivers car. Ive just bought a superbike, so something will have to go if I get an MG6!

I may of asked this before but did you own one of the MG SnR replicas or the WSR showcar?

Allyc85
10th June 2010, 18:28
Fingers crossed it will come off as I used to love the MGs in the BTCC and you seemed to see more of them after their last move into the series.

Eurotech
10th June 2010, 22:32
This would be an ideal way for MG to show that they are back in the UK and making new cars, I can't see why they wouldn't....

I'm lovng this as an MG owner myself (I have a black ZR) and if they do the classic Black & Green stripes they will look AWESOME :D

AndySpeed
10th June 2010, 23:27
I'm lovng this as an MG owner myself (I have a black ZR) and if they do the classic Black & Green stripes they will look AWESOME :D

You're not even old enough to drive!

RMLCruzeing82
11th June 2010, 10:23
I owned a ZS that was used once as a show car at donington down by old hairpin as it was a member of the Xpower club.

it looked like the WSR edition but i added the green strips and the hot wheels logos.

sadly some doughnut ran a red light and hit me rear side on and totalled it

Eurotech
14th June 2010, 23:04
You're not even old enough to drive!
well, I don't personally own it obviously, Its my Dads, but it WILL be mine in 1 year ;)

RMLCruzeing82
15th June 2010, 19:30
well, I don't personally own it obviously, Its my Dads, but it WILL be mine in 1 year ;)

if you under 21 good luck getting car insurance on that one

Eurotech
15th June 2010, 22:50
if you under 21 good luck getting car insurance on that one
meh, I won't be paying :D

tbh, its only the 1.4 one anyway so shouldn't be too expensive (fingers crossed)

AndySpeed
15th June 2010, 23:32
meh, I won't be paying :D

tbh, its only the 1.4 one anyway so shouldn't be too expensive (fingers crossed)

I currently work for RAC Insurance and I'll echo RMLCruzeing's comments - good luck! :p

mattie007
15th June 2010, 23:44
If you shop around, insurance can be quite 'cheap'. You will always get ripped off by insurance but shop around and you will see some big savings. My first car, a ZR 105 cost me £780 when I was 20, my current car, a ZS, costs me £190....

The UK spec cars are coming with better interiors, bigger alloys and lip spoilers as standard and really improves the overall look of the car. Cant wait to test one!

RMLCruzeing82
16th June 2010, 00:39
i was 21 when i owned my ZR and i was the 1.4i and was paying £1280. i then bought my ZS 180, when i was 26 and paid £980.

currently drive a fiat grande punto 120 sporting and its costing me £550 but that only because ive been driving 6 years with out any knocks or crashes....even though i did have a crash in the ZS but wasn't my fault

Eurotech
16th June 2010, 16:54
Insurance doesn't have to expensive, especially if you use these guys :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfV97wnlcg

muahahahahaha

Allyc85
17th June 2010, 17:11
Insurance doesn't have to expensive, especially if you use these guys :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfV97wnlcg

muahahahahaha

vote ban :D ;)

RMLCruzeing82
18th June 2010, 03:30
you know...ive not thought about using them till now. just got a quote for my punto and cheapest was £320 with budget was paying 550 with churchhill and i get the same cover with budget. wished of used them sooner

Eurotech
19th June 2010, 14:57
you know...ive not thought about using them till now. just got a quote for my punto and cheapest was £320 with budget was paying 550 with churchhill and i get the same cover with budget. wished of used them sooner
Jesus, have I just managed to advertise something? wow Go Compare should be paying me :p :

RMLCruzeing82
19th June 2010, 22:14
Jesus, have I just managed to advertise something? wow Go Compare should be paying me :p :

hahaha