PDA

View Full Version : Ogier into factory team, Sordo goes to Junior

jonas_mcrae
8th June 2010, 20:10
I just read this in wrc.com

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=8070&desc=Ogier+to+step+up+to+Citroen+factory+team

I guess its good for Ogier as he is showing great performance, and a move from citroen to make sure the manufacturers title also goes to the french brand. But what does it mean for Dani, is it the beginning of the end?

I know spain is a big market for Citroen, but now maybe its not very good for him, if he gets remotely close to a win in the junior team Im sure he is going to get orders to back off and let the french go through....

However, it could also be the start of a good thing, Quesnel said that he would like to run a 3 car works team next year, so who knows, maybe with both Ford and Citroen pushing for a three car team, we could see that in the future dont you think?

Francis44
8th June 2010, 20:31
I think most people are being too dramatic, in my opinion, the one winning over this is Sordo.

He has the opportunity to really start impressing people and the opportunity to show how fast he is with a top car and no pressure to score points.
I think that if he manages to go fast with no pressure he will secure a official seat, maybe not in Citroen, but in another team.
Ogier perhaps is the one getting screwed over this, I think he really wanted to maintain his seat at the Junior team atleast
till the end of the year so he could win one or two more Rally's.

userwave
8th June 2010, 21:05
agreed, Sordo might actually benefit from this!

I think most people are being too dramatic, in my opinion, the one winning over this is Sordo.

He has the opportunity to really start impressing people and the opportunity to show how fast he is with a top car and no pressure to score points.
I think that if he manages to go fast with no pressure he will secure a official seat, maybe not in Citroen, but in another team.
Ogier perhaps is the one getting screwed over this, I think he really wanted to maintain his seat at the Junior team atleast
till the end of the year so he could win one or two more Rally's.

morganmilan
8th June 2010, 22:54
I agree, unless junior cars have less power than first team ones

jonas_mcrae
9th June 2010, 01:19
I dont think Sordo benefits... Yes, he can crush his team mate now (like crushing Raikkonen will be difficult...), but Quesnel still has power over him, he still works for Citroen, drives a C4 and has a contract with them, so what changes? nothing!

I assure you he will not be given the liberties Ogier was given in the Junior team, dont be naive! With Quesnel delighted with the work of his ALL FRENCH TEAM, the only time he will look at Sordo will be to say? "Slow down, dont even think about taking points off me boys"

WRCfan
9th June 2010, 02:02
He has not performed or been able to challenge for the top spot so best he enjoys some time off with no pressure. Ogier without a doubt has outpaced Sordo plain and simple.

I like the guy but competition is competition...

MR666
9th June 2010, 02:59
I am not his fan or a Citroen fan but I do I feel sorry for Sordo... in times gone by he has had to back off to help golden boy Sebastien get more points, and this is how he is getting repaid, I hope it fires him up.

Tomi
9th June 2010, 08:46
in times gone by he has had to back off to help golden boy Sebastien get more points, and this is how he is getting repaid, I hope it fires him up.

Lol, thats what he get paid for, Citroen did the only right thing showing Ogier that they are comitted in keeping him, he would have takers.

Karukera
9th June 2010, 10:48
Logical move with Sordo nominated for the remaining tarmac rounds.

At least they show some intentions to win both championships...

MrJan
9th June 2010, 12:03
Makes sense, Ogier is simply a better driver than Sordo is. It should also stop Seb MK2 from mouthing off quite so much when he has to drop behind a bit.

pino
9th June 2010, 13:19
I am not surprised about this, Ogier has shown a great talent so far :up:

Helstar
9th June 2010, 18:14
Sordo will stay in M1 team for the tarmac rounds, right ?

pino
9th June 2010, 19:42
Sordo will stay in M1 team for the tarmac rounds, right ?

Yes...until Ogier will also beat him on that surface, not easy but could happen ;)

Donney
10th June 2010, 07:51
Ogier undoubtedly deserves that position, now we have to see if Sordo pays back his boss with a "I don't care that much" aittude and shows he can be a top contender if unleashed. In any case it is a win-win situation for Citroen.

Sulland
10th June 2010, 08:03
Sordo has gotten dramatically better on gravel/snow over the last few seasons - I have been impressed. But he is not a world championship candidate like his sponsor, El Matador.

He would have won rallies, but was not allowed to. Sorry for him, and the for Citroen Manufacturers championship.

I think that if he had won once or twice his head would change, and he could have helped Loeb even better than he has.

JFL
10th June 2010, 16:57
WRC = 2 manufacturers
4 drivers
from 2 different countries...

Why does it have world championship status?

I'm just hoping that Citröen does'nt mind witch french-dude that wins.. But I have a feeling that Loeb need 1 more title.. Schumacher is still racing... lol

serial jeff
10th June 2010, 18:04
Bad news for Sordo but the fact is that Ogier has, so far this year, been a clearly superior driver. He won Portugal with impressive speed.

I can't think of any rally in his career that Sordo could have won without team orders, discounting Spain last year because I'm sure Loeb was just cruising to a safe finish, knowing that Dani wouldn't be allowed to win.

Tomi
10th June 2010, 18:22
WRC = 2 manufacturers
4 drivers
from 2 different countries...

Why does it have world championship status?

I'm just hoping that Citröen does'nt mind witch french-dude that wins.. But I have a feeling that Loeb need 1 more title.. Schumacher is still racing... lol

I belive the manufacturer thing will be solved soon, what comes to the drivers its a different case, the othes just have to try harder, but for us it looks good at the moment.

RICARDO75
11th June 2010, 00:45
Ogier and Raikkonen are going to enter in Rally Lanterna, this weekend in Italy

entry list (http://www.rallydellalanterna.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Iscritti_Lanterna_010.pdf)