PDA

View Full Version : USS Liberty attack anniversary today

SportscarBruce
8th June 2010, 19:30
http://www.currentissues.tv/USS_Liberty_Ward_Boston.jpg

The attack on the USS Liberty, an unarmed surveillence vessel operating in the Med during the 1967 Arab/Israeli War, was viciously attacked by Israeil air and naval forces on this date: June 8, 1967. The events of that day was subject to a government and media coverup and to this day goes sarcely mentioned in the pages of history books. There are no official ceremonies of rememberance attended by politicians. On television there are no docudrama re-enactments or specials containing first-hand accounts of the individuals involved.

As a veteran who hails from a military family who has family serving in the US Navy at this time and as an American who puts country before entangled alliances we the people neither voted for or were asked to support I find this situation infuriating.

Here is a youtube video on the events as they occurred that day;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZSzdQuOqM

An independent filmaker's screening for his movie "The Loss of Liberty" will be conducted at a Daytona Beach coffee house this evening with streaming simucast;

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/06/08/june-8th-anniversary-of-israeli-attack-on-the-uss-liberty/

"Of the 294 men aboard the vessel, 34 were killed and 171 were wounded by a well-coordinated, multi-wave assault that included the use of napalm. More than 40 years later, the Liberty’s survivors are still seeking justice."

God bless the dead, the survivors, and this nation.

SOD
8th June 2010, 21:08
one of the survivors, survived the flotilla attacks

with friends like that who needs..............

Daniel
8th June 2010, 23:15
Israel sure has a proud naval tradition..... RIP .....

Easy Drifter
9th June 2010, 01:02
We spent a considerable amount of time and many posts on this a while ago. While I appreciate the feelings I really see no point in going over the same ground again.
Just my feeling.

SportscarBruce
9th June 2010, 02:28
We spent a considerable amount of time and many posts on this a while ago. While I appreciate the feelings I really see no point in going over the same ground again.
Just my feeling.

Today is the annivarsary. Don't like the topic? Then hit the road.

Here is a video tribute;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuZKyTGKYo

Camelopard
9th June 2010, 03:01
Another very good example of how much power israel has over the USA....

Typical post from ed, he's quite happy to go over and over the same old stuff when it suits him eg: wade bashing and eki bashing, but this doesn't fit his view so it's not worth discussing..... ho hum....

Camelopard
9th June 2010, 03:09
Just my feeling.

Why bother making a comment then? You obviously are interested otherwise you wouldn't have opened the thread.

Typical post from E.D., he's quite happy to go over and over the same old stuff when it suits him eg: Wade bashing and Eki bashing, but this doesn't fit his view so it's not worth discussing..... ho hum....

Another very good example of how much power Israel had and continues to have over the USA....

Easy Drifter
9th June 2010, 03:21
I had absolutely no objection to the post re a Memorial. It was quite appropriate.
I just don't want to see a fight again about the tragic event.
I agree Israel was wrong.

I usually fight with Eki but if I think he is right I openly agree with him. We also kid each other at times.
If you bothered to read and understand my posts you would realize that when Wade first started to post I tried to help him and even encouraged him to write better.
If you don't like what I say put me on ignore.

F1boat
9th June 2010, 07:09
Rip :(

AAReagles
12th June 2010, 10:25
Israel sure has a proud naval tradition..... RIP .....

As if the recent and past actions of our ever-so-grand Occidental navies were robust of good will.