PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Raikkonen

Koz
8th June 2010, 10:28
With Webber confirmed at Red Bull the situation effectively rules out the Ice Man comeback.

What are the possibilities for him now?
There is no decent team in F1 with available slots? Maybe Renault if Kubica moves to Ferrari... But I doubt they will be able to keep up the development pace nor will Kimi want to come back to a "minor" team.

Surely Rosco wouldn't hire him even if the Shoe retires again.

So I guess this is the end of the story...

RIP IceMan's F1 Career. :(

Ranger
8th June 2010, 10:32
Just because he is a WDC doesn't mean he is entitled to a race-winning car if he returns.

Besides, he is enjoying what he does at the moment, no need to be sad about that. :up:

Koz
8th June 2010, 10:33
On a side note... He is pretty slow on the WRC scene and the reality is next year with more cars and teams and drivers he will be very far behind regardless if he has the best car or not.

Damn you Kimi, Toyota had a car! They would have stayed in F1 if you drove for them! You would have stayed in F1 if you drove for them!

How sadly this story ends... At least he didn't linger on well past his prime like JV..

Redstorm
8th June 2010, 10:39
Does anyone else see that a contract now means less than the paper it is typed on??? This was wrapped up way too early in the year. Complete PR move by RB. "See we love Mark!" Its only to show good faith on both parties. If another clash happens both sides can agree to split just as the Iceman himself. No door is closed until Kimi signs up for next year. It SHOULD be settled, but never say never..... Not pulling an "I hope" just dont think this saga is over yet.

Personally I want Kimi in F1 again but I think he stays in WRC. Fine with that just want to see the races and the states only show them recorded......

555-04Q2
8th June 2010, 11:06
FFS.

Kimi no longer competes or has anything to do with F1 anymore. This thread should be in the rally forum.

Sonic
8th June 2010, 11:11
FFS.

Kimi no longer competes or has anything to do with F1 anymore. This thread should be in the rally forum.

Indeed :up: Or at least in the history pages.

Mia 01
8th June 2010, 13:24
Kimi will be back in F1, I´m sure of it. If not next year, then .....

Fear, fear, all Lewis and Alonso fans. That fear is a feeling all over the net among the followers of F1 boards. You have to laugh.

maximilian
8th June 2010, 14:08
I don't miss him ONE bit. He was always one of my least favorites (together with lil psycho Massa responsible for my developing a dislike of the Ferrari team, which is slowly getting better now that Alonso is there). He can stay right where he is now, thank you very much! :D

Koz
8th June 2010, 15:20
This thread should be in the rally forum.

No it belongs here. This is about the end of his F1 career, you can discuss his WRC career in the rally forum. He was an F1 champion, and he deserves a thread here.
I can remember there being a thread here about Loeb and possibly driving an F1 car? Should that have been in the Rally Forum rather than here?

^Redstorm: I see your point, but it depends on whether Webber can win the WDC this year, if he can, he will probably stay. It does look like a PR exercise, since they only extended it by a year?

maximilian: You do remember who won Ferrari their last championships, right?

The more I think about this, it seem Kimi has gone the way of JPM...

Mia 01: I doubt it. If he misses two years he will not be back, just like JV won't be back.
Unlike JV, Kimi will not drive for just anyone, he will want to WIN (and get well paid). No major team is going to risk what Brawn/Merc did and hire someone who has been out of racing for a couple of years. Kimi does not have the marketing pull that the Shoe has, not even close. (And I think you are paranoid :p )

ShiftingGears
8th June 2010, 15:33
^Redstorm: I see your point, but it depends on whether Webber can win the WDC this year, if he can, he will probably stay. It does look like a PR exercise, since they only extended it by a year?

It isn't PR. It works for Webber. Webber does not want to end his career like DC in '08.

He isn't the first, or last driver who prefers year-by-year contracts. Jim Clark is a notable driver in regard to this.

Redstorm
8th June 2010, 16:15
It isn't PR. It works for Webber. Webber does not want to end his career like DC in '08.

He isn't the first, or last driver who prefers year-by-year contracts. Jim Clark is a notable driver in regard to this.

No he is not and while your stock is the highest is when you cash in. However things progressed, let's say, suspect to me.

1. Vettel goes from handling Webbo to a complete 180.
2. Webbo knocks down two in a row...RB talk down contracts saying there is plenty of time and it will be handled later in the year.
3. Meanwhile obvious tension arises between the two. You could SEE and HEAR it in the pressers.
4. After Merc explain away Schui's problems to a damaged chassis RB dump the same on Vettel. Atleast Merc said the tub was damaged. RB gave zip for a reason.
5. Just before practice in Turkey RB say we would like to keep Mark. Qualifying comes and Vettel goes against intrateam policy of rotating drivers for last out in Q3.
6. Webbo STILL gets pole. Vettel explained on broken swaybar. RB conveniently leave out the fact Webber broke his too....
7. RB fixes Vettels car first leaving the WDC leader waiting till the last minute.
8. Webber leads, sparks fly, now RB throw him under the bus.
9. PR disaster looms, RB resign Webber. Things are peachy.....

How did things go from "we will worry about contracts till later" to team tension and then BANG new contract???

BS! This is corporate CYA at it's finest. Webber might stay and pull a Senna/Prost if he wins. I just don't see the signing as JUST a thanks and we love you.....

SGWilko
8th June 2010, 17:26
Peeing myself is a good term to describe it.

You need Tena.....

Langdale Forest
8th June 2010, 17:38
Kimmi is doing alright in the WRC, he finished rally Turkey in 5th place!
And remember the WRC is a totally different challenge to F1, and there are rumors that he will continue with the Citroen Junior team next year.

Koz
8th June 2010, 18:05
Mia, are you a dude?

Mia 01
8th June 2010, 20:00
It could be that Robert goes to Ferrari. I wont mind if Kimi drives for Renualt.

ioan
8th June 2010, 20:28
I don't miss him ONE bit. He was always one of my least favorites (together with lil psycho Massa responsible for my developing a dislike of the Ferrari team, which is slowly getting better now that Alonso is there). He can stay right where he is now, thank you very much! :D

:down:

Josti
8th June 2010, 22:36

I quite like his character; different, bit shy, not a robot. Not sure what's to dislike about him other than the ridiculous amounts of money he got paid (which apply's to others too evidently).

I like F1, but as a WRC fan at heart, I don't think he's given any extra to our ill-fated championship (a part from a bit more media exposure, albeit with the name Raikkonen constintly attached to it). If he has the chance, he should return to F1 next year, and maybe be happy with a bit less income and possibly a slower car too. He's made for a racing car, not a rally car.

Ari
9th June 2010, 04:21
No he is not and while your stock is the highest is when you cash in. However things progressed, let's say, suspect to me.

1. Vettel goes from handling Webbo to a complete 180.
2. Webbo knocks down two in a row...RB talk down contracts saying there is plenty of time and it will be handled later in the year.
3. Meanwhile obvious tension arises between the two. You could SEE and HEAR it in the pressers.
4. After Merc explain away Schui's problems to a damaged chassis RB dump the same on Vettel. Atleast Merc said the tub was damaged. RB gave zip for a reason.
5. Just before practice in Turkey RB say we would like to keep Mark. Qualifying comes and Vettel goes against intrateam policy of rotating drivers for last out in Q3.
6. Webbo STILL gets pole. Vettel explained on broken swaybar. RB conveniently leave out the fact Webber broke his too....
7. RB fixes Vettels car first leaving the WDC leader waiting till the last minute.
8. Webber leads, sparks fly, now RB throw him under the bus.
9. PR disaster looms, RB resign Webber. Things are peachy.....

How did things go from "we will worry about contracts till later" to team tension and then BANG new contract???

BS! This is corporate CYA at it's finest. Webber might stay and pull a Senna/Prost if he wins. I just don't see the signing as JUST a thanks and we love you.....

Spot on the money.

Have said in a couple threads the Turkey crash was the best thing to happen to Webber. Showed RBR that he does actually have some friends and support as opposed to their thinking he was a spare parts player in golden boys team.

Ari
9th June 2010, 04:23
I'm a Ferrari fan and LOVED seeing Kimi win his WDC but am not missing him at all. He made a choice to leave F1 and snubbed just about everyone in it. Now he wants an open door and noone seems too accommodating. I think Kimi has left himself in this position.... no one to argue to for mine.

Would love to see him back but there are too many driver options around to take a fast one who also happens to be a spoilt brat.

Koz
9th June 2010, 06:25
I'm a Ferrari fan and LOVED seeing Kimi win his WDC but am not missing him at all. He made a choice to leave F1 and snubbed just about everyone in it. Now he wants an open door and noone seems too accommodating. I think Kimi has left himself in this position.... no one to argue to for mine.

Would love to see him back but there are too many driver options around to take a fast one who also happens to be a spoilt brat.

Is he really a spoiled brat?
He was the one who didn't whine. He did his job.
He didn't use sabotage to win races. I don't remember too many team orders. Has he gone about insulting other drivers' children?
Ever heard nasty comments from him?
Did he call everyone a "****ing idiot"?

He wanted money and options to do other things.
Did he deserve the money? Maybe, maybe not.
But we have to remember he is a world champion, twice runner up and the second most successful driver currently in F1 (prior to the Shoe comeback).

Did Alonso deserve what he cost Ferrari or Santander?
Whitemarsh wanted an all english team, and he got it.

If I gave you two options, work and lose money or don't work and make money, which would you choose?

Yes, he should have gone with the Toyota option. This year would have been so much more interesting. But other than Toyota what options did he have?

Mia 01
9th June 2010, 07:31
Is he really a spoiled brat?
He was the one who didn't whine. He did his job.
He didn't use sabotage to win races. I don't remember too many team orders. Has he gone about insulting other drivers' children?
Ever heard nasty comments from him?
Did he call everyone a "****ing idiot"?

He wanted money and options to do other things.
Did he deserve the money? Maybe, maybe not.
But we have to remember he is a world champion, twice runner up and the second most successful driver currently in F1 (prior to the Shoe comeback).

Did Alonso deserve what he cost Ferrari or Santander?
Whitemarsh wanted an all english team, and he got it.

If I gave you two options, work and lose money or don't work and make money, which would you choose?

Yes, he should have gone with the Toyota option. This year would have been so much more interesting. But other than Toyota what options did he have?

None obviously. Ha ha ha.

DexDexter
9th June 2010, 11:05

What's Alonso done so far to make him your best buddy?

555-04Q2
9th June 2010, 11:11
No it belongs here. This is about the end of his F1 career, you can discuss his WRC career in the rally forum. He was an F1 champion, and he deserves a thread here.

:erm: Then it should be in History & Nostalga...

Wild Dog
9th June 2010, 11:51
Im really hoping for that Kimi will return to F1. He was so good :D

maximilian
9th June 2010, 14:22
I quite like his character; different, bit shy, not a robot. Not sure what's to dislike about him other than the ridiculous amounts of money he got paid (which apply's to others too evidently).

Complete lack of charisma. I couldn't stand those post race interviews with Kimi's blank stares and indifferent boring answers, like he couldn't be bothered to be there, even after finishing on the podium, which you'd think would animate a driver at least a bit. The ridiculous way he wears his caps with the bill straight instead of training it into a round shape pisses me off, too. :D

DexDexter
9th June 2010, 14:40
Complete lack of charisma. I couldn't stand those post race interviews with Kimi's blank stares and indifferent boring answers, like he couldn't be bothered to be there, even after finishing on the podium, which you'd think would animate a driver at least a bit. The ridiculous way he wears his caps with the bill straight instead of training it into a round shape pisses me off, too. :D

You have to take into account the fact that Kimi comes from a culture where silence is very tolerated and he is an extreme example of that :) . Finnish pronunciation of English also sounds flat quite often since Finnish is, as a language, totally different from English. It's bit of a cultural thing, up to a point.

Josti
9th June 2010, 15:36
The ridiculous way he wears his caps with the bill straight instead of training it into a round shape pisses me off, too. :D

Neeehh, 80's style, I liked it. ;)

ShiftingGears
9th June 2010, 15:40
I like Kimi, but he made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Josti
9th June 2010, 15:45
Complete lack of charisma. I couldn't stand those post race interviews with Kimi's blank stares and indifferent boring answers, like he couldn't be bothered to be there, even after finishing on the podium, which you'd think would animate a driver at least a bit.

People have different personality's, and indeed, most Finnish people aren't that expressive (as far as l can judge). I liked it that Kimi wasn't so media horny, and that has nothing to do with charisma.

Koz
10th June 2010, 03:48

And Mika Hakkinen was much better at this?
"Yes... Yes... Yes...".... "Anything else?"...

Or would you prefer Mike's crocodile tears when he wept on about Senna?

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:56
Or would you prefer Mike's crocodile tears when he wept on about Senna?

Yes, The Shoe had a deep respect for Senna as a driver. He may not have liked the man, just as Senna didn't like him much, but he respected the racer and the chance to continue racing against one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time.

maximilian
10th June 2010, 13:31
And Mika Hakkinen was much better at this?
"Yes... Yes... Yes...".... "Anything else?"...

No, Mika wasn't much better in that regard, but at least he cracked a wry smile every once in a while (kinda seemed that he was making fun of the question), and was somewhat more animated on the podium. He was MUCH more likable, especially as MSchu's main rival at the time.

When Heikki arrived on the scene and was interviewed post-race, I remember the commentators saying "FINALLY a Finn with some personality", which was exactly what I was thinking. As much as it pains me to see Heikki's career in shambles now, he is still my favorite driver.

ArrowsFA1
10th June 2010, 13:42
Yes, The Shoe had a deep respect for Senna as a driver. He may not have liked the man, just as Senna didn't like him much, but he respected the racer and the chance to continue racing against one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time.

http://autosport.aeiou.pt/users/0/51/4ac03268.jpeg

SsruA6ertYc

Garry Walker
10th June 2010, 21:07

He doesnt want back in F1, he is much happier at wrc.

555-04Q2
11th June 2010, 06:20
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/users/0/51/4ac03268.jpeg

SsruA6ertYc

They were best of mates those too :p :

I remember it like it was yesterday, but I can't remember what I had for bloody breakfast :crazy:

CaptainRaiden
11th June 2010, 12:03
No, Mika wasn't much better in that regard, but at least he cracked a wry smile every once in a while (kinda seemed that he was making fun of the question), and was somewhat more animated on the podium. He was MUCH more likable, especially as MSchu's main rival at the time.

When Heikki arrived on the scene and was interviewed post-race, I remember the commentators saying "FINALLY a Finn with some personality", which was exactly what I was thinking. As much as it pains me to see Heikki's career in shambles now, he is still my favorite driver.

So, for you to like a driver, he has to do a hop (twice) on the podium, throw flying kisses to the camera, pour champagne in other podium finishers' pants, hug all his mechanics and dry hump his manager/co-driver after winning the race. And all that has absolutely nothing to do with how bloody fast he can drive a car.

555-04Q2
11th June 2010, 12:40
how bloody fast he can drive a car.

Now, why do people have to exagerate all the time :p :

Mia 01
11th June 2010, 14:31
Kimi will be back in F1.

SGWilko
11th June 2010, 14:41
Kimi will be back in F1.

As a spectator, yes. Participant, unless he is waving the chequered flag, no.

Roamy
12th June 2010, 06:55
Kimi will be back in F1.
probably but he will be driving a sauber

Mia 01
12th June 2010, 09:00

You mean next years Brawn?

ShiftingGears
12th June 2010, 11:14
You mean next years Brawn?

??

How are the two even related?

jens
12th June 2010, 20:14
Who needs Kimi, when we have got Schumacher?! :D :p :

Anyway, personally I don't miss Kimi in F1, although it would be interesting to watch him racing at Spa-Francorchamps (maybe someone can offer a one-off drive for him there? :p :) . Top teams are all filled with capable drivers, don't feel he is a necessity there anywhere. And I must add that for me it is more interesting to watch him in rallying - just to see, how far can a driver with such background (long-time F1 driver) get. A new, interesting and unprecedented challenge.

maximilian
12th June 2010, 23:46
So, for you to like a driver, he has to do a hop (twice) on the podium, throw flying kisses to the camera, pour champagne in other podium finishers' pants, hug all his mechanics and dry hump his manager/co-driver after winning the race. And all that has absolutely nothing to do with how bloody fast he can drive a car.
Liking a driver has nothing to do with how fast he is, you root for him, no matter what. It's pretty lame to only "like" drivers who are always winning :p

Everybody loves a winner. Or hates them, if they win too much... :rolleyes:

And YES, I like antics like that. It's called personality.

CaptainRaiden
13th June 2010, 08:47
And YES, I like antics like that. It's called personality.

Well, then probably you're watching the wrong sport. Try WWE fake wrestling or something, REAL personalities there. :p

CaptainRaiden
13th June 2010, 09:03
Now, why do people have to exagerate all the time :p :

6_2dOAJd2dg

TlKOSI8PeW8

WsQwpCkepzc

;)

snellman
13th June 2010, 14:59
6_2dOAJd2dg

TlKOSI8PeW8

WsQwpCkepzc

;)
got something in my eye

maximilian
14th June 2010, 03:18
Well, then probably you're watching the wrong sport. Try WWE fake wrestling or something, REAL personalities there. :p
Whatever. :rolleyes:

CaptainRaiden
14th June 2010, 08:19
got something in my eye

Shouldn't stay that close to the explosion...

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I'm just curious, and I hope you don't mind me asking, are you a dude or a dudette? Judging by your name you're a guy. It's just a bit confusing, and I ask in all seriousness, because very few guys are interested in an F1 driver's personality. Females, however, can't relate to any sportsmen without knowing about them, and it mostly depends on the player's personality, be it any sport.

DexDexter
14th June 2010, 09:36
:p :p

DexDexter
14th June 2010, 09:39

The diffence between Heikki and Kimi& Mika is that Mika&Kimi stopped school very early, a year of vocational school at the most while Heikki at least got a high school diploma, so he's got more education, is more cultivated and speaks better English.

Mia 01
18th June 2010, 11:54
Kimi + Mercedes.

maximilian
18th June 2010, 14:05
The diffence between Heikki and Kimi& Mika is that Mika&Kimi stopped school very early, a year of vocational school at the most while Heikki at least got a high school diploma, so he's got more education, is more cultivated and speaks better English.
Interesting. How do Finns perceive their drivers? I would imagine Mika and Kimi are hugely popular due to their success, does Heikki make up for it with his personality? :D

DexDexter
18th June 2010, 15:04
Interesting. How do Finns perceive their drivers? I would imagine Mika and Kimi are hugely popular due to their success, does Heikki make up for it with his personality? :D

Mika was the most popular, his near fatal accident probably contributed to that. Räikkönen is very popular as well but his pecualiar style is not to everybody's liking. Kovalainen is not as popular because he isn't as good as those two guys.

F1boat
18th June 2010, 15:14
Hakkinen had a lot of personality, though. More than Kimi.

555-04Q2
18th June 2010, 15:18
History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...

WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...

:D :D :D

Koz
18th June 2010, 17:36
History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...

WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...WRC Thread...

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.

Spam...bam...ham...jam?
Time for a ban? :D

DexDexter
19th June 2010, 14:49

Not funny at all. You're a grown up, act like one, come on...

Garry Walker
22nd June 2010, 14:27
Hakkinen had a lot of personality, though. More than Kimi.

What is personality? It seems to me that for some people you only have personality when you consistantly come up with idiotic statements, like Flavio for example.

I never was much of a fan of MH, he seemed quite a fake person to me. Much like Vettel.

CaptainRaiden
22nd June 2010, 16:18
What is personality? It seems to me that for some people you only have personality when you consistantly come up with idiotic statements, like Flavio for example.

I think F1 is the wrong sport if people are looking to support a driver based on their "personality." Clowning around probably is more important than driving a car flat out these days.

I never was much of a fan of MH, he seemed quite a fake person to me. Much like Vettel.

Hakkinen had more personality in his little pinky than Vettel and Schumacher combined, but that's not what made me his fan.

Tazio
22nd June 2010, 16:33
Pino,
Didn't you or someone else in the administration make a rule that retired pilots were discussed in "History and Nostalgia" after Mike retired and we had a thread or 10 about him on this forum? :dozey:
Or did I just dream that? :confused:

Retro Formula 1
22nd June 2010, 20:58
Well, there's a chance Kimi will be racing in a Renault next year so perhaps it need to go in the "Silly season future predictions" forum ;)

Mia 01
23rd June 2010, 10:07
Well, there's a chance Kimi will be racing in a Renault next year so perhaps it need to go in the "Silly season future predictions" forum ;)

Or in a Mercedes.

Koz
23rd June 2010, 14:46
Or in a Mercedes.

What world are you living in dude?

The Shoe and the Prawn were ejected from Ferrari in favor of Kimi, do you think there is any chance in hell he will be working with them?
Hell no.

You still didn't tell me if you are male or female. :)

BT46B
24th June 2010, 05:31
What world are you living in dude?

The Shoe and the Prawn were ejected from Ferrari in favor of Kimi, do you think there is any chance in hell he will be working with them?
Hell no.

You still didn't tell me if you are male or female. :)

quit obsessing on Mia's sexuality what I want to know is 'her' obsession with this Mercedes deal for Kimi.

Koz
24th June 2010, 05:48
quit obsessing on Mia's sexuality what I want to know is 'her' obsession with this Mercedes deal for Kimi.

I am feeling a lot of ozrevhead + webber in this... Much more intense and powerful though. I just want to make sure it ain't bro love, ya know... Swedes and their bro love... Scary stuff :p

Mia 01
26th June 2010, 17:19
It´s time for Ross to pick up the phone.

Tazio
27th June 2010, 05:13
On a related note.
The f10B would fit Kimi's style better than Freds.
I know! I know! But he could smooth out those S'es as well or better than Fred in that challenger! OMG :eek: :)

Mia 01
27th June 2010, 09:47
On a related note.
The f10B would fit Kimi's style better than Freds.
I know! I know! But he could smooth out those S'es as well or better than Fred in that challenger! OMG :eek: :)

Hold on, kimi can (probably) only drive for one team at the time. It´s Mercedes now.

jens
27th June 2010, 19:14

Quite an extraordinary opinion, I have to say. IMO Mika was one of the nicest and likable characters in F1.

Although there is almost zero chance of this happening, I have to say that Räikkönen at Renault as such sounds like quite an interesting prospect. A team on a rise and Kubica gets a fast driver to test him hard. That would also certainly turn them into a formidable force in WCC as with a competitive driver instead of Petrov they would be currently fourth in WCC.

Mia 01
29th June 2010, 18:22
Yes Jens, I was wrong, it seems it will be renualt.

"team owner Gerard Lopez has informed senior figures inside the team that he may sound out Kimi Raikkonen in the next few months about whether the Finn is interested in a return to F1 with Renault."

Dzeidzei
29th June 2010, 19:06

"team owner Gerard Lopez has informed senior figures inside the team that he may sound out Kimi Raikkonen in the next few months about whether the Finn is interested in a return to F1 with Renault."

Mia, you might be a hottie, but this is just steaming bs as news. Kimi will absolutely never driver for Renault. Me driving for Red Bull is just as probable.

Or Ioan for Ferrari :)

Dave B
30th June 2010, 08:38

They can sound out whoever they like, doesn't mean it will happen.

SGWilko
30th June 2010, 11:24
They can sound out whoever they like, doesn't mean it will happen.

Indeed, just chivvying Robert into re-signing no doubt......

Mia 01
30th June 2010, 19:04
It could be Kimi testing out Pirellis new F1 tyres.

In a Toyota!!

"According to Finland's Turun Sanomat, Pirelli's racing boss Paul Hembery proposed in Valencia that Finn Raikkonen could be an option. The 2007 world champion left Ferrari at the end of last year and currently drives full-time in the Pirelli-shod world rally championship.

"I don't know whether Kimi Raikkonen would be interested," Paul Hembery is quoted as saying.

The 18 grand prix winner's manager Steve Robertson said: "Currently, Kimi is totally focused on what he is doing. But if Pirelli approaches us, of course we will discuss it. Then, it would depend on whether Kimi is interested in this sort of challenge, and how it would fit into his schedule."

CNR
1st July 2010, 00:56
Q:1 year out may be ok but when you look at how the best of the best is going after 3 years out
can kimi still cut it ?

Koz
1st July 2010, 08:54
Q:1 year out may be ok but when you look at how the best of the best is going after 3 years out
can kimi still cut it ?

If Kimi does some tyre testing, I wouldn't quite count him out. I doubt it's gonna happen though.

But hey you are talking about people being out... What about all the rookies that come in and steal the show? JV? Hamilton?
At least Kimi is still behind the wheel of something. Three years of nothing vs 1 year of racing in a different style... KIMI + WRC win. And the Merc is **** too.

555-04Q2
1st July 2010, 12:53
History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...History & Nostalgia...

WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...WRC Forum...

Bagwan
1st July 2010, 13:05
If this rumour comes true , that Kimi tests the new tires , would he then not have advantage over all the rest of the drivers if he were to come back ?

Would this preclude his return ?

Mia 01
1st July 2010, 13:12
If this rumour comes true , that Kimi tests the new tires , would he then not have advantage over all the rest of the drivers if he were to come back ?

Would this preclude his return ?

Most likely (IMO).

Julle69
4th July 2010, 12:21
According to tomorrownewsf1.com, Norbert Haug has visited Kimi...

snellman
4th July 2010, 14:53
Most likely (IMO).
i'm getting tired of you

Tazio
4th July 2010, 16:18
This would be a great nove for a couple reasons:
1) As much as I admire him Mike has had a rugged return expearience (to this point) Plus Mercedes has another gifted German pilot.

2) It's a win win for them. They are a mid pack team so far (maybe things will change during the second half) But with Kimi comes a boatload of devoted folowers, which intices advertising Co. to endorse them. JMHO.

I hope Kimi is up to the challenge :)

Mia 01
4th July 2010, 22:37
1) As much as I admire him Mike has had a rugged return expearience (to this point) Plus Mercedes has another gifted German pilot.

2) It's a win win for them. They are a mid pack team so far (maybe things will change during the second half) But with Kimi comes a boatload of devoted folowers, which intices advertising Co. to endorse them. JMHO.

You must be teasing me. :p : :s mokin:

Koz
5th July 2010, 05:04

Brilliant news!
But I am still unsure about Merc. They just... I don't know how to put my feelings into words, I'd rather see Kimi in a renault or a red bull.

However if 2007 is something to go by, Kimi will be champ again in 2011 :D

:D

AndyL
5th July 2010, 10:57

So Kimi's in DTM next year then ;) :p

ShiftingGears
5th July 2010, 16:08
So Kimi's in DTM next year then ;) :p

I hear they're developing a Mercedes WRC for him ;)

jens
5th July 2010, 18:39
I would be a bit surprised if Kimi was going to test the tyres. If he isn't interested even in F1 racing, why would he be in testing?

Koz
5th July 2010, 23:25
I would be a bit surprised if Kimi was going to test the tyres. If he isn't interested even in F1 racing, why would he be in testing?

Of course he is interested!

Do you honestly believe that he isn't interested?
The man wanted to be in a Red Bull for 2011, now it's tricky, with Webbo performing so well. You can't sack the guy who will potentially be champ. The market has turned, from being the hottest thing available to being another potential MS.

Testing tyres makes him stand out. He will have an advantage and be in an F1 car with a great deal of time. Win win.

BT46B
6th July 2010, 09:39

do you really think at Kimi's age and skill level that he is willing to 'give up the ghost' so easily? I think not he has a lot of racing years in front of him.

jens
6th July 2010, 10:16
Of course he is interested!

Do you honestly believe that he isn't interested?
The man wanted to be in a Red Bull for 2011, now it's tricky, with Webbo performing so well. You can't sack the guy who will potentially be champ. The market has turned, from being the hottest thing available to being another potential MS.

Testing tyres makes him stand out. He will have an advantage and be in an F1 car with a great deal of time. Win win.

What makes you think that he wanted to be at Red Bull Racing in 2011?

do you really think at Kimi's age and skill level that he is willing to 'give up the ghost' so easily? I think not he has a lot of racing years in front of him.

What has his age and skill level to do with it, when he wants to be in rallying? To me it seems like his heart is in rallying and not in F1 any more.

Mia 01
8th July 2010, 20:55
Robert wants Kimi in the team!

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6252526/Kubica-It-would-be-good-if-Kimi-joined-us

jas123f1
9th July 2010, 02:44
i'm getting tired of you

Go to sleep.. :)
I'm sure Kimi can return to F1 if he want to do it.. but at the moment no one can know what he will do next year..

Renault want him, and so do Kubica so it is possible .. anyway it's not impossible.. i think the question is the money (as usually) ..

It looks that Ferrari made a mistake when they paid Kimi out from F1 with 15 mil. $ for nothing.. and big damage for the sport. I like Alonso and hope he will win some races, but not on this season.. ;) because I like Kimi more and want to see him back on the track first.. and IF he will do it i would like see him in a Mercedes or Renault... now when RBR looks impossible..

Koz
9th July 2010, 05:13
Has there been any word of Kimi since Kubi signed his new contract?

Very good news is Kimi is back and Renault can make a decent car.

MJW
9th July 2010, 19:33
Kimi had a big crash today at Rally Bulgaria, his "split times" on some stages were very good, comparable with Loeb. Somehow with Bulgaria being an asphalt rally, and a crash I think he will be more happy to return to F1 - with Renault?
Starnager things have happened, even though Mark Webber has signed with Red Bull Renault, I wonder if some kind of transfer/swap could happen and KR is at RedBull?

jens
9th July 2010, 21:03
Starnager things have happened, even though Mark Webber has signed with Red Bull Renault, I wonder if some kind of transfer/swap could happen and KR is at RedBull?

If RBR-Kimi wanted to join forces, they would have done it already before Webber's contract extension.

Koz
10th July 2010, 07:27
If RBR-Kimi wanted to join forces, they would have done it already before Webber's contract extension.

Surely, RBR don't want to get a title contended... More so after the MW-SV incident, where we saw the true face of RBR and their opinion of MW.
They are saving face, if MW wins the c'ship, he will stay, otherwise he is gone and Kimi is in. Contracts mean nothing, look at what happened to Kimi if nothing else.

Ranger
10th July 2010, 07:43
Surely, RBR don't want to get a title contended... More so after the MW-SV incident, where we saw the true face of RBR and their opinion of MW.
They are saving face, if MW wins the c'ship, he will stay, otherwise he is gone and Kimi is in. Contracts mean nothing, look at what happened to Kimi if nothing else.

Kimi was being beaten by Massa despite being paid 3 times as much (some $39-45 million per year).

You don't think that had anything to do with it?

Koz
10th July 2010, 08:25
Kimi was being beaten by Massa despite being paid 3 times as much (some $39-45 million per year).

You don't think that had anything to do with it?

Oh wait, Kimi was champ in 2007, did we forget that? Or did Massa beat him then too?

I remember rumours of Alonso to Ferrari starting even before Kimi was champ. Don't you think Kimi knew this too? Don't you think the politics at Ferrari changed?
Look back at 2008... What do you see?
Kimi had at least 10 fastest laps... Kimi was likely to win the Canadian GP too, had Lewis not been an arse.

Seeing as Massa has placed better than Alonso in a few races this year obviously means that Alonso too is useless, and him being paid whatever he is paid and what Kimi was paid to get Alonso in... Right now it's 4 to 5 right?

Did you see Fisichella in 2009? See how he struggled in the Ferrari, and Kimi managed to win a race. His career is over because of Ferrari - he could have still won a race if he stayed at FI. But that's life.

Garry Walker
10th July 2010, 09:17
Kimi is not coming back to F1. Mostly for one reason -he prefers rallying.

jens
10th July 2010, 10:06

So in your view RBR is simply trying to save face by re-signing Webber, despite having planned to get rid of him all along? Doesn't sound likely, I don't remember an F1 contract being signed simply as an empty cover for something. Besides that, if they were going to sack Mark, it would leave even a worse image of RBR than they would have done by simply letting him go without an extension at all. So in any case such approach wouldn't make much sense.

Ranger
10th July 2010, 17:29
Kimi had offers for 2010, and was looking for a drive.

But no one wanted to pay him the money he and his manager thought he was worth.

Kimi won't be back in F1, I think he prefers WRC anyway.

Mia 01
10th July 2010, 21:50
It seems as many supporters of other drivers don´t want Kimi back.

i_max2k2
11th July 2010, 03:20
I'd rather have him back, and a new champion (apart from Fettel), Mark or anyone else. And if its so, we'll have 6 wdc's on the grid, something I doubt has ever happened.

Koz
12th July 2010, 18:23
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/18227/6257136/Whitmarsh-Raikkonen-should-be-in-F1

harsha
12th July 2010, 18:44
don't see Rakka coming back to F1 :( , the only chance for him is at Mclaren but Button / Hamilton have the makings of a perfect combination....would he really be up for a job at Red Bull considering the way that Vettel is being favoured there...

Mercedes would be the best option but just don't see him returning to f1 , he's doing reasonably well in WRC and it does seem like he's having fun there

Mia 01
12th July 2010, 20:59
MW wants Kimi back. NOW.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6257136/Whitmarsh-Raikkonen-should-be-in-F1

Mia 01
12th July 2010, 21:14
If he wanted him that badly he would have him at Mclaren but that would mean sacking Jenson, and thats not going to happen. The part of the sentence in that article "thinks he should" is simply a personal opinion.

Obviously there is people in Mercedes and Renualt who got the same opinion.

Mia 01
12th July 2010, 21:28
I'm sure there is. Afterall he was the hottest property, and most talked about in F1 last November when he was dropped by Ferrari but nobody signed him. ;)

I like Kimi alot but if he comes back to F1 it will be on his terms and it will have to be a top team. Renault and Mercedes are lacking some key personel and unless Kimi can fight for a championship, I don't see any incentive in coming back.. :)

In our opinions on Kimi we are buddies most of the time, BUT, I have this strong feeling.

CNR
13th July 2010, 07:05
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072010/23/haug-visit-raikkonen-swirls-f1-return-rumours.html
Haug visit to Raikkonen swirls up F1 return rumours again

The speculation surrounding a possible comeback for ex-F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen (http://www.motorsportforums.com/formula-1/kimi-raikkonen.html) next year has gathered pace, with Mercedes (http://www.motorsportforums.com/mercedes-benz.html)-Benz Motorsport Vice-President Norbert Haug having paid a visit to see the Finn at his Swiss home

F1boat
13th July 2010, 08:30
IMO if Kimi returns now, even if after only one year missing, he might be in the situation in which Michael is now. He is far younger, but still...

Big Ben
13th July 2010, 08:58
IMO if Kimi returns now, even if after only one year missing, he might be in the situation in which Michael is now. He is far younger, but still...

I don't know about that. I think they are pretty different from that point of view. IMO Kimi is the kind of driver that will drive any car really fast but he wouldn't be much help making the car go faster.

I think Petrov's seat would be a could place for him in F1.

AndyL
13th July 2010, 09:32
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072010/23/haug-visit-raikkonen-swirls-f1-return-rumours.html
Haug visit to Raikkonen swirls up F1 return rumours again

I think Kimi meeting Norbert was mentioned earlier in the thread (or possibly another one)... to me it makes it look like a dead cert that Kimi will be going to DTM next year ;)

Koz
13th July 2010, 09:50
I think Kimi meeting Norbert was mentioned earlier in the thread (or possibly another one)... to me it makes it look like a dead cert that Kimi will be going to DTM next year ;)

Yes it's the second visit. Kimi wouldn't go DTM.

Anderton
13th July 2010, 22:33
I think it was Whitmarsh who said this week that F1 would be much more "interesting" with Kimi back.
Rumours are emerging of a relationship between Norbert Haug and Kimi, meaning that if Schumacher does indeed call it quits at the end of this season, there may be a seat for the Iceman at Mercedes GP.

But hey, he loves his rallying!

Mia 01
14th July 2010, 01:03
I think it was Whitmarsh who said this week that F1 would be much more "interesting" with Kimi back.
Rumours are emerging of a relationship between Norbert Haug and Kimi, meaning that if Schumacher does indeed call it quits at the end of this season, there may be a seat for the Iceman at Mercedes GP.

But hey, he loves his rallying!

Norbert and Kimi are way back.

But, Renualt.

DexDexter
14th July 2010, 13:01
If he wanted him that badly he would have him at Mclaren but that would mean sacking Jenson, and thats not going to happen. The part of the sentence in that article "thinks he should" is simply a personal opinion.

Mclaren did offer Kimi the ride before Jenson but I guess the offer lacked that green stuff. I don't see Kimi coming back, since there are no top drives available next year. Perhaps Mercedes, but is that really a top drive?

I don't know about that. I think they are pretty different from that point of view. IMO Kimi is the kind of driver that will drive any car really fast but he wouldn't be much help making the car go faster.

There isn't that much evidence about that, I mean Alonso was meant to be the great car developer but hasn't done much so I think the engineers are actually the ones that make the car go faster, drivers just drive as fast as they can.

DexDexter
14th July 2010, 13:04

There isn't that much evidence about that, I mean Alonso was meant to be the great car developer but hasn't done much so I think the engineers are actually the ones that make the car go faster, drivers just drive as fast as they can.

Garry Walker
14th July 2010, 22:42

:rotflmao:

Alonso sure has proven his superb development abilities the last 3 years :D

CNR
19th July 2010, 01:41
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/251461/

Kimi Raikkonen is set to continue in the World Rally Chanmpionship for a second season, rather than make the switch back to Formula One.

He is very good for the Red Bull brand

Did redbull pull out Sauber because of a driver namedKimi Raikkonen ?

Koz
19th July 2010, 02:23
:rotflmao:

Alonso sure has proven his superb development abilities the last 3 years :D

Alonso is the new Kimi, didn't you know?

His phenomenal development abilities shining in 2005-6, just like Kimi in McLaren and then setting fastest lap times this year, like Kimi has done over the years. :p

Mia 01
25th July 2010, 22:57
After this day I´m missing Kimi moore than ever.

Tazio
25th July 2010, 23:07
:s ailor: After this day I´m missing Kimi moore than ever. :bigcry: :kiss: :love: :s ailor:.

Mia 01
26th July 2010, 01:27
He will be back and settle things.

jas123f1
26th July 2010, 11:10
He will be back and settle things.

I really hope you are right. Kimi is an honest guy.. and one of the fastest in the world..

CaptainRaiden
26th July 2010, 11:58
Interesting interview of Kimi from WRC.com:

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=300&featureid=1671&desc=Rally%20Bulgaria%202010:%20Kimi%20Raikkonen%2 0interview

When asked about whether he's gonna be in F1 or WRC next year, Kimi laughs and says he hasn't decided yet, AND that there are chances of doing both. I am guessing some teams just might be pursuing Kimi.