PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Grand Prix

Pages : [1] 2

Ranger
7th June 2010, 07:53
The 3am wakeup for this race has always been worth it, one of my favourite races every season.

I will predict an eventful race with at least 1 Safety Car, the last 4 races in Canada have had SC intervention.

I think a McLaren will win, but judging from the 2008 race, anything can happen! :D

Your thoughts?

Tazio
7th June 2010, 08:19
I'm wondering how much brake-wear is going to factor into the equation!

Mia 01
7th June 2010, 09:07
This race is very hard on the brakes. With his smoth driving style, Jenson will win it with ease. Lewis DFN with default brakes or a victim of the wall of the championship.

In RBR team orders will at last prevail. Seb second and Mark third.

Renualt with their fast development curve and good speed will be in the mix. Robert fourth.

And then we will see.

penagate
7th June 2010, 09:17
This race is very hard on the brakes. With his smoth driving style, Jenson will win it with ease. Lewis DFN with default brakes or a victim of the wall of the championship.

In RBR team orders will at last prevail. Seb second and Mark third.

Renualt with their fast development curve and good speed will be in the mix. Robert fourth.

And then we will see.

Thanks — that saves me the bother of watching the race.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 11:27

Let's not be ridiculous. There is no way that having a smooth driving style is going to wear the brakes significantly less through all those hairpins. Unless you actually don't use 100% brake pressure, in which case you will just get passed.

If Button does actually win, it won't be because he is smoother or faster than Hamilton.

I am evil Homer
7th June 2010, 11:46
And who won it in with his heavy style before? Oh yeah some guy called Hamilton.

Mia 01
7th June 2010, 11:49
And who won it in with his heavy style before? Oh yeah some guy called Hamilton.

This time they start with some 180 kgs of fuel.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 11:58
This time they start with some 180 kgs of fuel.

So everyone will be equally affected. Big deal.

UltimateDanGTR
7th June 2010, 16:38
I'm really looking foward to the return of one of my favourite grands prix.

I'll predict a seb the vet win, where webber pressurizes him but daren't try and pass

once again I really am pumped for the next race of the championship. I've never looked foward to each race quite as much as 2010, not even 2008 or 2003. I am LOVING the F1 2010 season.

SGWilko
7th June 2010, 16:50
I'm really looking foward to the return of one of my favourite grands prix.

I'll predict a seb the vet win, where webber pressurizes him but daren't try and pass

once again I really am pumped for the next race of the championship. I've never looked foward to each race quite as much as 2010, not even 2008 or 2003. I am LOVING the F1 2010 season.

How many victims will succumb to the Wall of Champions in '10?

Retro Formula 1
7th June 2010, 16:50
I expect Ferrari to have sorted themselves out and Alonso to be right back in the mix.

The Red Bulls should be just about unbeatable by anyone else apart from themselves and if McLaren have closed the gap further then I expect a strong performance by the Woking outfit.

SGWilko
7th June 2010, 16:54
The Red Bulls should be just about unbeatable by anyone else apart from themselves

Well, if that IS the case, there is nowt wrong with the power of the Renault, which would leave Horner's comments on the equalisation requirements a bit hollow.

However, if they get mugged on the straights, then he is right about the weasing Renault.

UltimateDanGTR
7th June 2010, 17:18
How many victims will succumb to the Wall of Champions in '10?

I vote senna and di grassi. maybe a sauber as well. and one of the top 9. (red bulls, macs, mercs, fezzas and kubi)

Retro Formula 1
7th June 2010, 17:28
Well, if that IS the case, there is nowt wrong with the power of the Renault, which would leave Horner's comments on the equalisation requirements a bit hollow.

However, if they get mugged on the straights, then he is right about the weasing Renault.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this Renault whining all the time. The rules are the same for all teams and Renault need to start pushing to the limit like everyone else and stop playing the victim card.

"Please sir, it's not fair. All the big boys are smarter than us and gaining an advantage by innovating within the rules. Can you help pleasssssseeeeee."

It really is pathetic but then again, I have never been a fan of the ethics and management of the Renault team.

ioan
7th June 2010, 21:42
This race is very hard on the brakes. With his smoth driving style, Jenson will win it with ease.

Laws of physics being rewritten again by Jenson's fans.

ioan
7th June 2010, 21:44
I'm getting a bit fed up with this Renault whining all the time. The rules are the same for all teams and Renault need to start pushing to the limit like everyone else and stop playing the victim card.

And let's not forget that for the 2009 season Renault (and Toyota) were the only teams that were given exemption from the rules to make performance (not reliability) related upgrades because they were so much down on power compared to the other teams.

Horner should realize that you can't get the least thirsty and the strongest engine in one nowadays.

Sonic
7th June 2010, 22:00
Laws of physics being rewritten again by Jenson's fans.

:up:

Andrewmcm
7th June 2010, 22:38
Let's see - we have the Wall of Champions on the circuit, and how many World Champions do we have on the grid this year?

Good odd methinks on at least one Champion coming a cropper in the final corner.....

Rollo
8th June 2010, 00:27
Canada will always be memorable to me as it was the place where Jean Alesi won his only GP.

Alesi - 27 - Ferrari - race stopped because of a crowd invasion - I don't think I can recall a more joyful outpouring either before or since for a GP winner.

Roamy
8th June 2010, 04:36
Just think how great this season will be if
Alonso wins.

ShiftingGears
8th June 2010, 05:38
Considering they lowered pretty much all the kerbs before the '08 race, I don't think the final corner will be remotely as challenging. Shame.

Sonic
8th June 2010, 11:15
Considering they lowered pretty much all the kerbs before the '08 race, I don't think the final corner will be remotely as challenging. Shame.

I was just thinking the same thing. Turns 3&4 probably have more chance of a cock up or two now.

Tazio
8th June 2010, 15:17
They are predicting rain for Sat. and Sun. If it is accurate it could make for an interesting race with several SC's

Sonic
8th June 2010, 18:41
They are predicting rain for Sat. and Sun. If it is accurate it could make for an interesting race with several SC's

Could be fun.

NaBUru38
8th June 2010, 18:55
Mia is right. The circuit is tough on brakes, we know, but Button actually drives smoother than Hamilton and is better at taking care of the car. Hamilton can drive faster and overtake more than Button. The winning strategy depends on the course and other conditions.

Mia 01
8th June 2010, 19:59
Lewis will as usual chase thoose RBR boys very vey hard. Hope he got fuel for the latter part of the race this time, not mention the brakes.

Jenson will save fuel and brakes for the latter part of the race, and this time no teamorders.

UltimateDanGTR
8th June 2010, 20:35

IMO montreal is the only track on the F1 calender where having rain or not makes no difference in how good the race is. it's always fun.

still, a little bit of rain to spice up the show: yes please.

ratonmacias
8th June 2010, 23:01
does anybody know why there wasnt a canadian gp last year?

ioan
8th June 2010, 23:15
does anybody know why there wasnt a canadian gp last year?

Money, or to be more precise the lack of it.

Easy Drifter
9th June 2010, 00:51
More like Bernie's greed and Canada and various Govt. levels finally told him to put it where the sun don't shine.
He backed off on his demands and a comprimise was reached for the next few years.

ratonmacias
9th June 2010, 01:27
More like Bernie's greed and Canada and various Govt. levels finally told him to put it where the sun don't shine.
He backed off on his demands and a comprimise was reached for the next few years.

so how much did bernie ask ? and how much did he settle for?

Ari
9th June 2010, 04:24
Can't wait!

Fantastic track and the battle between Macca and Red Bull will be huge. Should be nothing between them at this circuit.

I've not been a fan of Hamilton but have really enjoyed him this year. Has put his feet wrong a few times, but it's been fun!

Mia 01
9th June 2010, 07:43
Well the rumour from the last race is Lewis had less than a lap compared to Jenson's 1.5 to 2 laps worth of fuel, hence the quote a 'tiny bit more'... I think it would be abit judgemental to assume that Jenson conserved fuel the entire race with the intention of overtaking Lewis in the final laps lol. Don't forget that after the overtaking incident we saw Jenson drop 3.5 seconds behind Lewis as both Mclaren's were given the order that their fuel levels were 'critical'. It seems the team have admitted a mix up in communications and Lewis with his lap target took it abit easier than Jenson who had not been given a target lap time.

Lewis got the position back and neither car had enough fuel to continue to challenge each other for the lead in the closing laps, so Mia I can't help but think you are under the impression 'Team orders' gave Lewis the victory. If you do believe this I'd be interested to hear how you interpreted the events.. :\

No teamorders at RBR.

Teamorders att MacLaren, after Jensons pass!

Wim_Impreza
9th June 2010, 08:15

They predict rain for every F1 race and when the race is, it is sunny. Just look at the races in Malaysia, Catalunya and Monaco this year.

Mysterious Rock
9th June 2010, 08:28
I reckon Mclaren will win with a 1-2, they have a massive upgrade package for this weekend, new front wing, updated f duct, and something else I cant remember what was said.
Red Bull cannot out up date Mclaren. Last year proves it!

christophulus
9th June 2010, 09:36
McLaren look like they have the advantage. I'm curious to see if the other teams' F-ducts are any better at the next race, because McLaren have a clear advantage down the straights.

I also reckon one of the new teams could grab a point, there's usually quite a high attrition rate in Canada.

ioan
9th June 2010, 20:33
What?? :confused:

Typical disgruntled Jensy fans. ;)

ShiftingGears
10th June 2010, 04:14
I hope we get a fantastic race like we saw in Turkey.

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 06:20
I predict another four-way battle. Although, to be honest, I see McLaren coming out on top cleanly this weekend.

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:35
The Canadian GP always serves up a good race :up:

The Shoe loves it here, won 7 times, hopefully he can make it 8 this weekend :) Just a small issue of some very fast Macs and Soft Drinks in the way :(

I also think that Ferrari will do a lot better this weekend.

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 06:36
I hope so. It'd be good to see Massa back up there.

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:39
Teamorders att MacLaren, after Jensons pass!

That's bullsh!t. Only Ferrari have team orders, favouritism, lap dogs, cheaters, alternative agendas etc etc etc...you should be stoned for making such an absurd post :p :

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:41
I agree Mash. Hopefully Massa can get one over Alonso again this weekend and make it ahead of one or two of the Macs or Fizzies.

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 06:46
Seeing Massa and Webber on the podium this weekend would make me a happy man, although it's rather unlikely.

Then again, I've been surprised before.

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:49
I would love to see Massa on the podium again, but as you say, rather unlikely. But I have a gut feeling that we will be missing one Mac and one Red Bull after the first corner, giving the Ferrari's and Mercs a real chance for the third step on the podium. Lets wait and see!

UltimateDanGTR
10th June 2010, 09:48
rain iminent for both saturday and sunday.

so, very likely wet grand prix. at a race track with little run off and the inevitable incidents and spins that rain brings, I predict alot of retirements and at least 3 safety car periods.

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 11:33
I predict Webber to do fairly well then. Hamilton, not so.

Ranger
10th June 2010, 11:55
I predict Webber to do fairly well then. Hamilton, not so.

Both RB6's eat through the ridiculously durable intermediate tyres.

If the whole race needs to be run on intermediates then Red Bull's pace advantage will be well and truly negated by the extra pitstop they will need to make.

Likewise Hamilton.

Button, not so.

SGWilko
10th June 2010, 12:00
Both RB6's eat through the ridiculously durable intermediate tyres.

If the whole race needs to be run on intermediates then Red Bull's pace advantage will be well and truly negated by the extra pitstop they will need to make.

Likewise Hamilton.

Button, not so.

Not sure about Hamilton, he appears to be getting quite a handle on looking after the tyres much better than he used to.

Turkey, IIRC, was a track where Hamilton alone had severe issues with the front right, resulting in a puncture one year, and the need for an extra pit stop the following year. Not so last time out, despite the ferocious pace.....

I am evil Homer
10th June 2010, 12:05
And if it rains as he showed at Silverstone and Fuji, Hamilton can drive the wet stuff well.

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 12:18
And if it rains as he showed at Silverstone and Fuji, Hamilton can drive the wet stuff well.

As did Webber at Fuji until Vettel smacked into him, all those (few) years ago. :p :

SGWilko
10th June 2010, 12:19
As did Webber at Fuji until Vettel smacked into him, all those (few) years ago. :p :

Tsk, that Vettel, keeps bumping into Webber!!! ;)

Ranger
10th June 2010, 12:19
Not sure about Hamilton, he appears to be getting quite a handle on looking after the tyres much better than he used to.

Turkey, IIRC, was a track where Hamilton alone had severe issues with the front right, resulting in a puncture one year, and the need for an extra pit stop the following year. Not so last time out, despite the ferocious pace.....

If there comes a situation where drivers will need to stay on one set of tyres for a very long stint (such as in the occasion of rain), then the Red Bulls and Lewis will suffer much moreso than Jenson.

See: Australian GP.

Dave B
10th June 2010, 14:41
Raining there right now according to @MyLotusRacing (http://twitter.com/MyLotusRacing), @clubforce (http://twitter.com/clubforce) and others!

Ranger
10th June 2010, 14:50
When was the last time there was a wet Canadian GP? 2000?

Would certainly make things a bit more fun. :D

Ranger
11th June 2010, 02:45
I must admit I got the opposite impression between Lewis and Jenson during the Oz GP. Both Mclaren drivers destroyed their inters within the first few laps, but it was Jenson who pitted earlier and the team called Lewis in for a second time before realising that his tyres were fine in the second stint. Anyway thats in the past, but I think Lewis has improved when it comes to looking after his tyres and his driving style has changed alot as a result.

I think it will be very close between the Mclarens and am hoping for a technically deserved victory this weekend.. :)

Bridgestone said that Hamilton needed the pitstop because his tyres were buggered, whereas Button did not.

In other news the grand prix has a sellout crowd. Awesome. :up:

Valve Bounce
11th June 2010, 04:17
The 3am wakeup for this race has always been worth it, one of my favourite races every season.

I will predict an eventful race with at least 1 Safety Car, the last 4 races in Canada have had SC intervention.

I think a McLaren will win, but judging from the 2008 race, anything can happen! :D

Your thoughts?

You want me to think? After the last race, the mind boggles. :p :

Valve Bounce
11th June 2010, 06:52
Well, I just had a thought: the race starts at 2 am Melbourne time. :( I'll just record it and see what happens the next day.

Andy Harrison
11th June 2010, 12:41
My money is on another McLaren win in Canada.
I'm hoping for a Lewis/ Jenson 1-2 and Webber in third again!

Good vidoe of Lewis on Canada:
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/hamiltons-guide-to-canada

Dave B
11th June 2010, 13:32
Oooooh! When did the Beeb start doing dedicated F1 weather forecasts? I like....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/2010/06/formula-one-weather-forecast-c-1.shtml

:D

Retro Formula 1
11th June 2010, 14:49
I think this is really the Litmus test for Schumacher.

He has had more than enough time to bed down in the team and get up to maximum speed in the car. He loves this track, he's the most sucessful F1 driver, has the 3rd best car coming into the weekend and if it rains, he thinks a podium is on the cards.

This really is the weekend that he must comprehensively beat Nico and step up to the mark.

If he does it, he will have a good race but if Nico is close to him or in front, he'll probably put it in the wall. He does have a bit of a glass chin when pressured.

Dave B
11th June 2010, 15:54
Random fact for you, courtesy of the BBC commentary:

If Rubens Barrichello makes it to lap 59 on Sunday, he'll become the first ever F1 driver to complete 15,000 racing laps :eek:

UltimateDanGTR
11th June 2010, 17:30
Random fact for you, courtesy of the BBC commentary:

If Rubens Barrichello makes it to lap 59 on Sunday, he'll become the first ever F1 driver to complete 15,000 racing laps :eek:

so his cosworth will blow or he'll spin off in the rain on lap 58 then? :p

Easy Drifter
11th June 2010, 18:06
Henners it has been freaking cold for the last week. Lows in the single didgits C.
Weekend currently calls for highs in mid 20's but very high humidity so will feel like mid 30's. There is some question as to which way the winds and a certain front will go so Sat. and Sun. are a bit of a guessing game right now.

DazzlaF1
11th June 2010, 20:26
Have to say so far that Hispania's pace has been a suprise, they're right up there with the Lotuses, very impressive.

Sleeper
11th June 2010, 20:54

"Please sir, it's not fair. All the big boys are smarter than us and gaining an advantage by innovating within the rules. Can you help pleasssssseeeeee."

It really is pathetic but then again, I have never been a fan of the ethics and management of the Renault team.

I think its about time Horner shut up about the engines, Renault had the fastest car of all through the speed traps today. The RB just has a lot of drag for that downforce.

Roamy
11th June 2010, 20:58
Ha I bet all the schumi idols were pissing down both legs after the first practice. oh and then came along reality

Sonic
11th June 2010, 21:10
Have to say so far that Hispania's pace has been a suprise, they're right up there with the Lotuses, very impressive.

I was going to say that too. I know its not exactly a car tester without the high speed/high load corners, but never-the-less its good to see them looking better.

How bad do those cars look on the super soft with high fuel loads?? Perhaps we will see a selection of tyre compounds in the top ten for the first time to avoid that dreadful graining stage. I think if I were say, Mercedes or Renault, I'd be very seriously thinking about doing just that - its worth a punt on a track that you can pass on.

Mia 01
11th June 2010, 22:01
RBR and ferrari is looking good, Then Mercedes.

MacLaren, well, they are going to win the race, thats for sure.

DazzlaF1
11th June 2010, 22:32
I was going to say that too. I know its not exactly a car tester without the high speed/high load corners, but never-the-less its good to see them looking better.

How bad do those cars look on the super soft with high fuel loads?? Perhaps we will see a selection of tyre compounds in the top ten for the first time to avoid that dreadful graining stage. I think if I were say, Mercedes or Renault, I'd be very seriously thinking about doing just that - its worth a punt on a track that you can pass on.

I was shocked at that, it looked like the super softs went off at the end of their warm up lap, maybe that has something to do with the inconsistent track surface (some parts look relaid).

I heard the commentators on 5 live say that this could be the first time this season we could see a genuine 2 stop race if the tyres are going to degrade that quickly which will make it a lot more interesting.

Sonic
11th June 2010, 22:39
I was shocked at that, it looked like the super softs went off at the end of their warm up lap, maybe that has something to do with the inconsistent track surface (some parts look relaid).

I heard the commentators on 5 live say that this could be the first time this season we could see a genuine 2 stop race if the tyres are going to degrade that quickly which will make it a lot more interesting.

Possible I guess. We've seen Friday's with terrible tyre problems give way to no real issues come race day but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. IMHO this is exactly what the super soft should be like! Nurse them round the out lap, banzi a pole, but they shouldn't be able to run 20 odd laps as we have seen many times this year - here's hoping the new tyre supplier in 2011 can be more aggressive on a regular basis.

Sonic
11th June 2010, 22:41
MacLaren, well, they are going to win the race, thats for sure.

Magic 8 ball working well again Mia? :D ;)

Retro Formula 1
11th June 2010, 23:10
(some parts look relaid).

It's the Pikeys you know.

(If the moderators feel the term Pikey is insulting, please feel free to change it to "blood sucking, skiving, benefit cheating, chavy POS)

truefan72
11th June 2010, 23:57
I must admit I got the opposite impression between Lewis and Jenson during the Oz GP. Both Mclaren drivers destroyed their inters within the first few laps, but it was Jenson who pitted earlier and the team called Lewis in for a second time before realising that his tyres were fine in the second stint. Anyway thats in the past, but I think Lewis has improved when it comes to looking after his tyres and his driving style has changed alot as a result.

I think it will be very close between the Mclarens and am hoping for a technically deserved victory this weekend.. :)

that's the way I saw it too

Ranger
12th June 2010, 04:02
Word is that rear-tyre graining is so bad that this Grand Prix will be a 2-stop race in dry conditions for some teams.

Should produce an interesting result!

Roamy
12th June 2010, 06:52
Mallen
It is going to rain !!!!

Ranger
12th June 2010, 07:22
Mallen
It is going to rain !!!!

I'll believe it when I see it on race day. :)

The Malaysian Grand Prix was predicted to be a monsoon on the Sunday and not a drop came.

rohanweb
12th June 2010, 13:29
i bet on lewis hamilton to win in montreal , his race pace and mclaren f-duct is sure to be working..another redbull flop is to come i believe...

Valve Bounce
12th June 2010, 13:44
I think Bunsen will win.

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 13:46
I think Bunsen will win.

I'll go along with that, seeing that this track is a tyre killer and Button is the king of tyre management, part of me thinks he might be able to get away with a one stopper

Mia 01
12th June 2010, 14:42
FP3.

RBR with vettel sets the pace.

Ferrari and Mercedes; good.

But as staded before, MacLaren with their superior strait line speed will ofcourse reign the race.

wedge
12th June 2010, 15:50
I'll go along with that, seeing that this track is a tyre killer and Button is the king of tyre management, part of me thinks he might be able to get away with a one stopper

I can't see it happening.

Major problems with graining on the softs for McLaren and we have a green race track which will only make things worse.

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 18:00
I can't see it happening.

Major problems with graining on the softs for McLaren and we have a green race track which will only make things worse.

You could be right, all makes the upcoming qualifying session even more interesting, It makes us wonder who will risk doing their fastest lap in Q3 on the super softs when they will be at a disadvantage at the start of the race.

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 18:10
We're underway

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 18:20
Hamilton does a 1:16.614 on the harder tyres, impressive

EDIT: he did a 1:15.889 on the next lap, he's on fire

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 18:39
Q1 Over, and impressively, the Lotuses are almost as quick as the Saubers now

1st Hamilton ........ 1m 15.886
----------------------------------------
18th Kobayashi ........ + 2.130
19th Kovalainen ........ + 2.348
20th Trulli ........ + 2.809
21st Glock ........ + 3.052
22nd Senna ........+ 3.575
23rd di Grassi ........ + 3.769
24th Chandhok ........ +11.868

gm99
12th June 2010, 18:44
Q1 Over, and impressively, the Lotuses are almost as quick as the Saubers now

I think it's more a case of the Saubers being almost as slow as the Lotuses now :p

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 18:55
TOP 10

Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Kubica, Webber, Rosberg, Button, Liuzzi, Sutil, Massa

OUT

11th Barrichello
12th Hulkenberg
13th Schumacher
14th Petrov
15th Buemi
16th Alguersuari
17th de la Rosa

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 19:12
Wow, what a lap, Hamilton on pole

AndyL
12th June 2010, 19:18
I thought he was going to push it all the way back!

Somebody
12th June 2010, 19:19
And running out of fuel :)

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 19:22
Aye, I thought that was very funny, would have been great if he was allowed to push it back himself.

Also a special mention to Liuzzi, what better way to answer the doubters than to put in your best ever qualifying performance in 6th, well done to him.

truefan72
12th June 2010, 19:25
excellent lap, but the rbr's are dangerous and ready to stalk

Bagwan
12th June 2010, 19:29
It's a roll of the dice .
Hammy is on softs that won't last .
But , if there's a safety car , he's golden .

However , he may come into some bother over not getting around to the line on the cool down lap .
I suppose they will try to say that they wanted to save a sample , but , it is the same for all , so Lewis could be moved down , if the rule is not too vague .
If he's underweight on fuel , and didn't get the necessary rubber pick-up , due to not travelling as far on the way in , it could also spell trouble .

If he isn't penalized , I expect a new rule clarification forthwith .

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 19:32
It's a roll of the dice .
Hammy is on softs that won't last .
But , if there's a safety car , he's golden .

However , he may come into some bother over not getting around to the line on the cool down lap .
I suppose they will try to say that they wanted to save a sample , but , it is the same for all , so Lewis could be moved down , if the rule is not too vague .
If he's underweight on fuel , and didn't get the necessary rubber pick-up , due to not travelling as far on the way in , it could also spell trouble .

If he isn't penalized , I expect a new rule clarification forthwith .

True,, McLaren may have taken advantage there of a loophole in the fuel sample regulations by doing that

Dave B
12th June 2010, 19:33
I suspect that in the Ron / Max days, the FIA would have found Lewis guilty of bringing the sport into disrepute by pushing it towards the line. Thankfull those days are long since gone, and drivers can display some personality. We hope....

Daniel
12th June 2010, 19:37
Come on Dave, you're better than that. If the rules are clear that you should have enough fuel then Lewis should get a penalty, if not then he shouldn't get a penalty.

markabilly
12th June 2010, 19:38
soft tires, LH will pit early and the two RB cars will run away with the race..........until.......

Unless it rains early on.....

Poor Schuie at times looked real good leading up to Qing, must need another new chassis with another couple of inches of wheelbase...or feet

I know of no rule that says the car must have sufficient fuel to come into pits after qing....

Somebody
12th June 2010, 19:38
Well, the man from Bridgestone seemed to think that on a full tank, even new supersofts are over half a second SLOWER than the medium: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84357

Dave B
12th June 2010, 19:40
@Daniel, AFAIK the rules are clear on that, you can stop on track if necessary. All I'm saying is that in the bad ol' days Spanky would have used any excuse to penalise McLaren. :)

At least Webber and Vettel are nice and close on the grid to provide some first-corner entertainment! Remember Murray Walker's classic words, "...and it's happened immediately"? ;)

Mia 01
12th June 2010, 19:44
Lewis admitted that he wanted pola, at all costs, he got it.

Some 180 kg :s of fuel, soft tires on this track, well good luck.

Ofcourse,the most important thing is to get three poles on a row.

markabilly
12th June 2010, 19:46
what will be telling is who is on soft and who is hard......if the tires are lasting as expected, the cars on harder tires may be able to jump the soft when they pit early , and build up a nice lead....my suspicion is the guys on the hard tires might wait until the very last few laps before doing the option tire....so they end up doing two stops but one very late...

If so then RB cars can not be beat by mac and LH

DazzlaF1
12th June 2010, 19:48
what will be telling is who is on soft and who is hard......if the tires are lasting as expected, the cars on harder tires may be able to jump the soft when they pit early , and build up a nice lead....my suspicion is the guys on the hard tires might wait until the very last few laps before doing the option tire....

Whereas if there is an early safety car, then Hamilton will be sitting pretty

Daniel
12th June 2010, 19:49
@Daniel, AFAIK the rules are clear on that, you can stop on track if necessary. All I'm saying is that in the bad ol' days Spanky would have used any excuse to penalise McLaren. :)

At least Webber and Vettel are nice and close on the grid to provide some first-corner entertainment! Remember Murray Walker's classic words, "...and it's happened immediately"? ;)

Listen Dave, this isn't Twitter you know! :p

Daika
12th June 2010, 19:52
Mercedes 10th and 13th?!

Dave B
12th June 2010, 20:03
Listen Dave, this isn't Twitter you know! :p
And you can all do your own "twit" punchline... :D

Tazio
12th June 2010, 20:18
Great job by "The Boss" He was .25 faster than p2. p2-5 are elbow to a$$hole, which should make for a good race!

F1boat
12th June 2010, 20:18
soft tires, LH will pit early and the two RB cars will run away with the race..........until.......

Lewis is gambling on a safety car, which is not too far-fetched.

TMorel
12th June 2010, 20:33

Has worked for Fred a few times, so why not!

jens
12th June 2010, 20:53
Wow, what a fantastic qualifying session! Q3 was really the edge of the seat stuff! :D :up: Drivers were really pushing on the limit (Hamilton was really close to the wall and Webber actually touched it) and situations were changing constantly. Hamilton is always a joy to watch at Montreal - he basically dominated in both '07 and '08. Vettel managed to save something from a really critical situation - it seems like pressure got him a bit this time. Massa has never been particularly good at Montreal, so kinda expected to see him behind Alonso here.

Wonder what happened to Kubica?! Third in Q2, but eight by the end. Liuzzi - incredible stuff! His best ever qualifying result?

HRT lost only by 4 seconds to the top? Well, there is less emphasis on aerodynamics than on most other circuits, so that must have helped. And also other new teams.

Bagwan
12th June 2010, 21:49
If the rules are not changed or clarified on this matter , no car will bother getting back to the pits after quals .
They could not risk carrying the extra fuel to do it unless it is required , as they clearly believed was so .

It's all about the show , kids , and Hamilton wouldn't have made the obligatory press conference as poll man had they not gone and fetched him .

They'd have to take a double decker out there if they all stopped to save a sample , and that wouldn't be good TV .

If I'm not mistaken , the team is required to save a litre of fuel for scrutineering . What is the penalty for not doing so ?
It certainly sounds like thier interpretation shows it as a certain penalty , and not making it around was the best option .

I expect that to change .

UltimateDanGTR
12th June 2010, 21:50
agreed jens-fantastic qualifying. It was rather humorous to see lewis pushing his car, lets hope he doesnt need to do that in the race tommorrow. I'm not too sure on the rules about fuel and quali and getting back to the pits, but I can't imagine too much of a problem.

however, I hope it rains (because it is SUPPOSED to) straight away, meaing everyone can change tyres and lewis is put in a perfect position! failing that, safety car please mr whiting.

and has anyone seen lewis's earings this weekend? ridiculous. It got me thinking we need a new game to play on the forum, 'Hamilton's earings prediction league'

TMorel
12th June 2010, 21:58
Sounds like they'll need to change this rule sharpish. Lewis got a $10,000 fine but keeps pole, now no one will bother carrying the "in lap" fuel as it's extra weight and therefore time.

UltimateDanGTR
12th June 2010, 22:01
Sounds like they'll need to change this rule sharpish. Lewis got a $10,000 fine but keeps pole, now no one will bother carrying the "in lap" fuel as it's extra weight and therefore time.

you heard of that before me, where's that been reported then?

EDIT: just seen on F1Fanatic. too much time watching the football :D

fandango
12th June 2010, 22:18
Great qualifying, brilliant last lap by Hamilton. I reckon Hamilton got away with just a fine on the fuel issue because he got pole. If he had been 4th or lower they would have taken away his time, but it doesn't look good to penalise such a good drive. More inconsistent steward decisions. Now they're going to have to make a new rule to cover their asses. Again.

The race could go to anyone tomorrow. Hamilton might have tyre problems, the RBRs brakes could fail, leaving Alonso, Button or Kubica with a good chance.

TMorel
12th June 2010, 22:20
UDanGRT
I hate football and am also struggling to match what I see on the reports of living conditions with what I was seeing when I left ZA just two months ago, so I'm avoiding the TV right now, especially with the only other option being BigBrother, means I have more time to sit in front of a laptop and be a social outcast :)

UltimateDanGTR
12th June 2010, 22:26
UDanGRT
I hate football and am also struggling to match what I see on the reports of living conditions with what I was seeing when I left ZA just two months ago, so I'm avoiding the TV right now, especially with the only other option being BigBrother, means I have more time to sit in front of a laptop and be a social outcast :)

Well, your points about SA are certainly understandable.

big brother is a travesty to humanity also.

anyway, at least someone is staying 100% up to date this evening!

markabilly
12th June 2010, 22:29
10k for a pole position?

Sure why not??

Set of tires used through qualifying might cost that much anyway

rohanweb
12th June 2010, 23:00
great quali session, Lewis hamilton was unbeatable, sorry bunsen's true pace is showing as the season unfolds as he is consistantly 0.5sec slower than Lewis..hahaha joker !!! & hard charging bulls and alonso are not match to Lewis speed, Lewis to the 2010 championship increasingly looking alike.

wedge
13th June 2010, 00:12

Good call

On paper I was thinking all along RBR will have it in the bag on race day. Completely forgot about factoring the SC. Wonder if Lewis can make the primes last 60+ laps if called for?

N. Jones
13th June 2010, 00:17
Steve Matchett of SpeedTV reported during qualifying a rumor that Geoff Willis, currently a consultant for HRT, is trying to maneuver to buy the team.

Has anyone else heard of this rumor? It is the first time I ever heard anything of the sort.

Gibbsy
13th June 2010, 00:21
great quali session, Lewis hamilton was unbeatable, sorry bunsen's true pace is showing as the season unfolds as he is consistantly 0.5sec slower than Lewis..hahaha joker !!! & hard charging bulls and alonso are not match to Lewis speed, Lewis to the 2010 championship increasingly looking alike.

We will see what happens when his option tyres fall apart after two laps. Oh and I really really hope that english isn't your first language.

Valve Bounce
13th June 2010, 03:02
Lewis admitted that he wanted pola, at all costs, he got it.

Some 180 kg :s of fuel, soft tires on this track, well good luck.

Ofcourse,the most important thing is to get three poles on a row.

Sorry, but Kube Man is the only Pole in F1 so far. :p :

Valve Bounce
13th June 2010, 03:11
The start will be fascinating. Webber on front row, dirty side, Fettel on second row directly behind Hamilton and on clean side. At least one of these three ain't gonna make it through turn 1. Mark my words.

TheFamousEccles
13th June 2010, 03:53
Vettel and Hamilton will take each other out at turn 1 - how cool would that be? ;)

Tazio
13th June 2010, 04:18
The start will be fascinating. Webber on front row, dirty side, Fettel on second row directly behind Hamilton and on clean side. At least one of these three ain't gonna make it through turn 1. Mark my words.Valve with Fred in p4 I expect him to try to chop Button in p5 on the clean side. If K/Fettle falters at all Fred could take him with the softs. It should be quite interesting. I'm thinking that F/Kettel and Mark may actually be really only racing each other to the first corner. Rain is looking less and less likely, and if they play it safe they will be 1-2 at some point, if it is in fact dry for the first half of the race!
But then again they don't want "The Boss" to have too big a lead when he pits.

Mostly cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High 78F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

http://weather.yahoo.com/canada/quebec/montreal-3534/

call_me_andrew
13th June 2010, 04:42
According to weather.com, the rain won't start until 6PM.

Ranger
13th June 2010, 05:05
Interesting precedent. Hamilton gets a $10,000 fine but gets to keep pole.

Expect to see more teams do that this season and pay the monetary penalty.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/06/hamilton-pole-in-canada-breaks-red-bull-stranglehold/

Rather than delete his fastest time, which would have dropped him to fourth place, he was fined $10,000 by the stewards, one of whom is Emerson Fittipaldi. This sets an unfortunate precedent, which some teams might seek to exploit in Spa and even Suzuka later this year. There a lap of fuel is worth a tenth and a half; some teams might well feel is worth spending ten grand to avoid carrying that.

Ranger
13th June 2010, 05:17
Also, Force India are doing incredibly well.

Although I maintain that their weakest link over the past 2-3 years has been their drivers.

CNR
13th June 2010, 05:29
teams will get away with this untill a car is blocked because the car in front run out of fule in qualifying
http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8686/

If a driver is deemed by the stewards to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during qualifying, his times may be cancelled.

:confused: :mad: :crazy:

CNR
13th June 2010, 05:41
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100612/F1/100619955

“It’s definitely illegal, they took advantage by cheating,” said one chief engineer from a rival team. “Otherwise next time we’ll all put one less lap [worth of fuel] in the cars.”

So why only a fine and not an on-track sanction? In typical F1 fashion, the situation is not as straightforward as it should be. Apparently, the requirement to return to the garage in a minimum time is enshrined in an FIA memo, rather than the official sporting regulations. This left a loophole for McLaren to exploit

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100612/F1/100619955#ixzz0qhixNMQ4 (http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100612/F1/100619955#ixzz0qhixNMQ4)

redbull should have this pole

Tazio
13th June 2010, 06:09
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100612/F1/100619955
Very interesting :eek: :p :

markabilly
13th June 2010, 07:24
Very interesting :eek: :p :
naw, $10k was a bargain..... :vader:

fandango
13th June 2010, 10:14
Interesting precedent. Hamilton gets a $10,000 fine but gets to keep pole.

Expect to see more teams do that this season and pay the monetary penalty.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/06/hamilton-pole-in-canada-breaks-red-bull-stranglehold/

Yes, but in some ways this is an extension of the general discussion on the stewards and their sanctions. If two drivers race side-by-side down the pit lane in the GP will they get a reprimand like Vettel and Hamilton did? Everyone seems to think that no, they'd get a more severe punishment. So we can't expect each sanction to set a precedent for all similar incidents that follow, which I think is wrong.

TMorel
13th June 2010, 11:27
So the rule that Hamilton broke wasn't actually a rule but a memo.
If it wasn't a rule, how could he be punished, if it is a punishable offence then why isn't it a rule?

Daniel
13th June 2010, 11:29
So the rule that Hamilton broke wasn't actually a rule but a memo.
If it wasn't a rule, how could he be punished, if it is a punishable offence then why isn't it a rule?
I disagree. If Hamilton pulls out an AK-47 and shoots everyone and that's not in the rulebook should he get away with it? If they ban drivers from bringing an AK-47 and shooting everyone and someone brings an M-16 should they get off?

Silly example I know but lets face it, Lewis quite rightfully got a slap on the wrists but no real penalty in terms of the race, nothing to complain about really.

TMorel
13th June 2010, 11:48
Daniel,
Despite really hoping Mark would get pole, I'm happy that Hamilton only got a fine and still kept his time. What I'm not happy with is the constant vagueness with the rulebook.
If it's important enough to raise a specific point, then shouldnt they at least have an associated rule, otherwise why send a memo - if anything just to give us definitive proof that "McLaren are cheating again" or not as a lot of other forums are claiming.

christophulus
13th June 2010, 11:48
I imagine this will be looked at while they're re-doing the SC rules. If cars stop out on circuit as a routine then it gets dangerous.

I don't think a lap's worth of fuel is worth 1/4 second around Montreal though, so either way Hamilton got the pole on pure pace. Once again, McLaren have a great talent for interpreting the rules!

Daniel
13th June 2010, 11:49
Daniel,
Despite really hoping Mark would get pole, I'm happy that Hamilton only got a fine and still kept his time. What I'm not happy with is the constant vagueness with the rulebook.
If it's important enough to raise a specific point, then shouldnt they at least have an associated rule, otherwise why send a memo.

Rulebooks by their nature CAN'T be all encompassing.

F1boat
13th June 2010, 12:00
That's why rules are being improved after a precedent. For now McLaren were clever and that's it.

Mia 01
13th June 2010, 12:44
Considering the tires and the nature of the track, I expect another Jenson or seb win this afternoon.

Valve Bounce
13th June 2010, 14:13
Daniel,
If it's important enough to raise a specific point, then shouldnt they at least have an associated rule, otherwise why send a memo - if anything just to give us definitive proof that "McLaren are cheating again" or not as a lot of other forums are claiming.

The point here is that the rules which govern the basics of racing are continuously being changed. Not that long ago, cars had to start with the fuel that they had in their cars at the start of Q3. Now refueling is banned and cars are topped up after Q3 for the entire race. This change in the entire fueling of cars has unwittingly left the rulebook with a few loopholes, which the teams can exploit until the rules are changed/altered/amended.

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2010, 14:20
rain in the race looks unlikely now (according to weather forecasts for today)

blast, that means we need a safety car. well, alonso got one in monaco, and we wouldn't want to be unfair, would we lady luck...

markabilly
13th June 2010, 14:55
rain in the race looks unlikely now (according to weather forecasts for today)

blast, that means we need a safety car. well, alonso got one in monaco, and we wouldn't want to be unfair, would we lady luck...
No rain, no clouds, no where at race time--only until late in the evening

All but RB cars are screwed

christophulus
13th June 2010, 16:11
Webber's got a five place grid drop for a gearbox change

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84450

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 16:13
Webber's got a five place grid drop for a gearbox change

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84450

Aha, so that's how you keep the two Bulls apart without raising suspicion then, is it? :laugh:

markabilly
13th June 2010, 16:26
Aha, so that's how you keep the two Bulls apart without raising suspicion then, is it? :laugh:

Really bad luck, no doubt..... :(
do not worry, given his tires, he will still finish at least second

Mia 01
13th June 2010, 16:27

MacLaren must be a lot moore clever then.

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 16:28
MacLaren must be a lot moore clever then.

Much (Roger) moore clever. :)

markabilly
13th June 2010, 16:31
Much (Roger) moore clever. :)
No they just "adjust" the rear tire air pressures right before Button starts his final Qing runs...

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 16:33
No they just "adjust" the rear tire air pressures right before Button starts his final Qing runs...

That old chestnut? Didn't Onslo take the big book of excuses - 5th edition - to Ferrari with him?

Bagwan
13th June 2010, 16:52
Cheaters . Someone had to say it .

This would be against that "spirit" of the rules thing , wouldn't it ?
I know . I know . Spirits don't exist , right ?
That some in the paddock saw this as rather distasteful shows us that if it isn't outlawed by more than a $10.000.00 fine , others will try this .
They should call that double-decker bus "Spirit" , and get it tuned up for next race .

Jensen should be pi$$ed they didn't throw these dice for him .

When at most teams , the drivers know that "turn it down" means that "hold position" is the real message (ok , maybe not the Bulls) , Lewis had to ask if Jensen would pass last race .

Did you notice that Lewis was pretty confident looking , riding the silent car down that straight ? He looked like he knew that not making it back was not likely to be a problem already .
Thus , it looks as though Lewis and his engineer had this planned , perhaps .

If they were indeed that confident the gambit would work , it is not directly detrimental to the team to have not passed this tip across the garage ?

Is this a sign that Hamilton and Button are polarizing the garage ?

Or , was it perhaps just hedging the bet that he might get away with only a fine ?

Should Button be pi$$ed that he didn't get a "real" chance at pole in an equal car ?

ioan
13th June 2010, 17:15
What the F Liuzzi you donkey, buy yourself a brain, you idiot.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 17:15
?

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:16
Koba's hit the champions wall, what a manic 1st lap

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:17
Kovalainen 12th, wow talk about taking advantage

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:20

I Disagree, it looked like Massa to blame in my eyes

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:29
Drive through for Petrov and Alonso gaining a lot on the red bulls

And Vettel still has that dreaded stint on the softs to come

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:33
Vettel on the softs now, Buemi leads

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:44
If it stays as it is

Hamilton ........ 109
Webber ........ 103
Button ........ 103
Alonso ........ 97
Vettel ........ 90
Kubica ........ 75

And another drive through penalty for Petrov

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 17:49
Hamilton pits again, 3 stopper it looks like

And Sutil in trouble, puncture

ioan
13th June 2010, 17:50
I wonder if they have enough tire sets left to do the whole race?! :D

ioan
13th June 2010, 17:51
I Disagree, it looked like Massa to blame in my eyes

Massa had Button on his right and kept clean of him, Liuzzi turned 3 times into Massa's side, the guy must have had a lobotomy.

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 18:21
Good move Lewis, why the heck are Red Bull keeping Webber out, he's basically a lamb to the salughter at the moment

markabilly
13th June 2010, 18:26
Schuie seemed to have a great race....for a while....

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 18:29
Button takes Alonso, McLaren 1-2

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:37
Nice overtake by Lewis on Alonso.. Come on son... :up:

Alonso's tyre pressures must be wrong......

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:39
Button takes Alonso, McLaren 1-2

Yes, it's the wrong type of tyre pressure.

And the Shoe is showing us he has mastered the art of being a moron.

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:41
Naughty Boy Schuey, thats two now.. :(

More like 'you dirty old man Grandad'? :laugh:

ioan
13th June 2010, 18:41
Ferrari idiots, again, Massa had only 5 laps to go now he's 15th, I wonder what were they thinking when they called him in?!

Stupid move by MS, he should get a penalty for that.

I am evil Homer
13th June 2010, 18:42
That wing wouldn't last better pit than black flagged. Schumi should be penalised for that stupid move

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:43
Ferrari idiots, again, Massa had only 5 laps to go now he's 15th, I wonder what were they thinking when they called him in?!

Ferrari could have been flagged for loose bodywork - it was the right call IMO.

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 18:44

Investigated after the race.

He'll probably get no more than a piffling fine and a slap on the wrist for it, no grid penalty which would have been more sufficient because that was not only stupid but dangerous.

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:44
Schumi should be penalised for that stupid move

Yes, take away his Polygrip for 3 weeks.... :laugh:

christophulus
13th June 2010, 18:45
Ferrari could have been flagged for loose bodywork - it was the right call IMO.

Or the wing would've gone under the front wheels under braking, no brainer to bring him in. Schumacher will get a penalty for that, no doubt, as will Kubica for chopping across Sutil into the pits.

In fact, the driving has been pretty shocking today. :down:

I am evil Homer
13th June 2010, 18:46
He's been appaling all weekend and now is just being a danger

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 18:49
Schumacher passed by Liuzzi and muscled out of the points by Sutil

Serves him right

Daniel
What are you kids whinging about? Schumacher didn't do anything wrong

SGWilko
He's been appaling all weekend and now is just being a danger

Can I suggest, tongue in cheek, he's been appaling all his career?

christophulus
Nice 1-2, the gamble paid off. I think the strategists earned their cash today.

ioan
13th June 2010, 18:50
That wing wouldn't last better pit than black flagged. Schumi should be penalised for that stupid move

And IF he gets black flagged would it be worse then 15th? :rolleyes:

I am evil Homer
13th June 2010, 18:51
What apart from moving twice and cutting the final corner lap after lap?

Daniel
He moved back onto the racing line with Massa. Cry me a river.

SGWilko

And if he ended up in hospital due to wing failure at 200 odd MPH, is that better? Think about it?

ioan
13th June 2010, 18:53
Or the wing would've gone under the front wheels under braking, no brainer to bring him in. Schumacher will get a penalty for that, no doubt, as will Kubica for chopping across Sutil into the pits.

Have to agree, this race looked more like a kindergarten brawl then a F1 race between adults.
They were pushing each other on the grass every second lap, totally unacceptable.

Wonderful drive by Hamilton and Button. :up:

Ranger
13th June 2010, 18:53

Make that a black flag and a large fine.

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 18:54

He'll tell us he is still learning, todays lesson was brought to him by S Vettel. ;)

ioan
13th June 2010, 18:55

That's true, however there was a car there already, he ought to leave place.
I did complain about Webber for not leaving place to Vettel and I'll do the same about MS doing it to Felipe.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 18:55
So last race Webber shouldn't have to let someone by and this race Schumacher should, consistency please?

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 18:56
Have to agree, this race looked more like a kindergarten brawl then a F1 race between adults.
They were pushing each other on the grass every second lap, totally unacceptable.

Wonderful drive by Hamilton and Button. :up:

I agree, even without my biased hat on I have to say that was a crushing win for McLaren

pino

Ferrari idiots again, they lost a single WC point for no risking Massa's life...stupid italians !

ioan
So last race Webber shouldn't have to let someone by and this race Schumacher should, consistency please?

Where did I say that?

ioan
...stupid italians !

You said it.

ShiftingGears

Well for a start, Webber gave Vettel a cars width, and Schumacher did not.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 18:59
Massa stuck his nose in where it wasn't safe and get it knocked off. Diddums! People let Israel do what they do because of the Holocaust, do we have some sort of Brawnspringinthehead sympathy for Felipe? :confused:

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:01
Where did I say that?

I didn't say you had ;) I was talking about the people who whined like a bunch of girls the other week who now have an issue with someone not handing a position up on a silver platter to another driver :confused:

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:01
Massa stuck his nose in where it wasn't safe and get it knocked off. Diddums! People let Israel do what they do because of the Holocaust, do we have some sort of Brawnspringinthehead sympathy for Felipe? :confused:

Mate, the Andrew Marr show is on in the morning - spare the world politics and religion please?

ShiftingGears
13th June 2010, 19:02
Massa stuck his nose in where it wasn't safe and get it knocked off.

I agree, I have no idea if Felipe was thinking there.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:03
I agree, I have no idea if Felipe was thinking there.

Well it's good to see someone hasn't changed their opinion. You thought Mark was right not to give his opinion up and you also don't think Michael should have done it either :up: to you

christophulus
13th June 2010, 19:04
On an unrelated note, what's with the boyband microphones in the press conference?

Robinho
Massa was stupid to think MS would not move there and stuck his car where it was not welcome. equally, MS was a bit naughty to move back after his one move.

MS got his anyway, with the Force Indias on the last lap, and Massa didn't look like getting points after he and Liuzzi managed to hit each other about 5 time in the 1st corner

Great race up at the front, some passing, different strategy and a nice result, good to see the Red Bulls beaten on track not just by themelves crashing or breaking down

markabilly
Shuie....He was in FRONT, he got pushed off once and lost positions, and then he moves over to make a corner, and massa forgets to brake....then Luzzie shoves his way past, with body contact (once again with another car)

Schuie was not nearly as bad in any of these incidents as your fav Chopper, when Chopper was in front last week and cutting Vettel off....yet already all screaming their heads off..

WHAT DOUBLE standards, such hypocrites

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:06
Well it's good to see someone hasn't changed their opinion. You thought Mark was right not to give his opinion up and you also don't think Michael should have done it either :up: to you

The similarity is that both Vettel and the Shoe turned into a car they were racing, it just isn't leather on willow.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:09
The similarity is that both Vettel and the Shoe turned into a car they were racing, it just isn't leather on willow.

So Schumacher should check his mirrors and slow down to a stop and be all gentlemanly when someone makes an overly ambitious but dopey attempted to pass around the outside? :rotflmao:

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:11
So Schumacher should check his mirrors and slow down to a stop and be all gentlemanly when someone makes an overly ambitious but dopey attempted to pass around the outside? :rotflmao:

No, just be sure not to turn in on a competitor. Simple concept.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:13
No, just be sure not to turn in on a competitor. Simple concept.

It may be a strange concept to you but in F1 there are things called "corners" where the drivers have to turn, there is also something called a racing line which is the fastest way around a circuit and Schumacher was quite rightfully trying to get onto the racing line and Massa stuck his nose in a little too deep and we had a racing incident. Nothing more than that.

I have attached a map of the Monaco GP circuit so you can see what a corner is.
http://www.thegrandprixclub.com/MC%20map.GIF

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:15
To be honest I think you are stirring this to make more of it than actually was. I didn't like the last second chop under braking but I'm not going to whine about it, move on, its insignificant in the grand scheme of things. :)
I take issue with the fact that people take issue with what Schumacher did. It was a racing incident and people need to get over it. Are we going to have a meeting of the WMSC everytime two drivers come together? :laugh:

Roamy
13th June 2010, 19:16
JOKE of the Race = The Cheater

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:17
It may be a strange concept to you but in F1 there are things called "corners" where the drivers have to turn, there is also something called a racing line which is the fastest way around a circuit and Schumacher was quite rightfully trying to get onto the racing line and Massa stuck his nose in a little too deep and we had a racing incident. Nothing more than that.

Thanks - I really was struggling to understand why they were turning the wheel on a veeeeeeery long straight.

Tsk, corners eh, who'd a thunk it?

I'm actually mortified. :bigcry:

UltimateDanGTR
fantastic race. lead changes, total unpredictability, drama-it had it all. god i love the canadian grand prix!

when was the last time a dry race featured a genuine 5-driver race covered by such a little distance? F1 is currently enjoying a renaissance in 2010, great grand prix again.

donKey jote
:up: foasty !

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:18
If they were to look at it through their Webber glasses, they would condemn it because he gave room instead of insisting upon creating a crash, so Schuie style is not up to the chopper's

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:19

In fact - thinking about it - your corners phenomenon thingy.....

Why did the Show turn left to hit Massa when the corner was on the right?

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:19
Thanks - I really was struggling to understand why they were turning the wheel on a veeeeeeery long straight.

Tsk, corners eh, who'd a thunk it?

I'm actually mortified. :bigcry:

You were one of the mob the other week who said that Webber was under no obligation to give up his place. Why now should Schumacher do it?

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:20
In fact - thinking about it - your corners phenomenon thingy.....

Why did the Show turn left to hit Massa when the corner was on the right?

As I explained there is a thing called a "racing line" which Schumacher wanted to be on. Perhaps you should pop flracing a PM, he's developed the perfect one http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?u=233307

donKey jote
13th June 2010, 19:21
it´s called the choppingracing line

markabilly
You were one of the mob the other week who said that Webber was under no obligation to give up his place. Why now should Schumacher do it?
Shuie gave room in the first incident with Kube who was clearly being stupid trying to pass on the outside and cutting into MS who was in the lead.
If he had done a webber, they both would have crashed.....Schuie had an excellent race until that, and it was downhill for him after that...

UltimateDanGTR

in the fashion he was doing it in, in various incidents this afternoon, no comparision to webber vs vettel 2 weeks ago.

Daniel
it´s called the choppingracing line
If he was a true chopped we'd have seen an incident which got 1 of the cars retired. Schuey is obviously a junior chopper :D

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:22

Shoe was a nose ahead but not clear, so should not have turned into the car to his side, like I chastised Vettel for in Turkey.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:23
Shoe was a nose ahead but not clear, so should not have turned into the car to his side, like I chastised Vettel for in Turkey.
Schumacher was a LOT more than a nose ahead. His rear wheel contacted Massa's front wing. You do the math.......

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:24
As I explained there is a thing called a "racing line" which Schumacher wanted to be on. Perhaps you should pop flracing a PM, he's developed the perfect one http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?u=233307

Well, two cars cannot occupy the same bit of tarmac, simple concept.

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:24
I love it....... :rolleyes:

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:25
Schumacher was a LOT more than a nose ahead. His rear wheel contacted Massa's front wing. You do the math.......

Easy, he made contact because he was not clear. Simple concept.

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 19:26
I love it....... :rolleyes:

As much as kool aid?

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:28
So if in doubt just stay on the same line, don't do anything and if there's an accident you can blame the other guy?

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:28
HAHAHA, put on your webber "move was okay" glasses, and the only critique you can have is that there was not massive contact

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:29
:eek: Hey best chop of the race belongs to the Kube, who went around and then into the pits :eek:

truefan72
13th June 2010, 19:30
Massa had Button on his right and kept clean of him, Liuzzi turned 3 times into Massa's side, the guy must have had a lobotomy.

it was massa's fault he barged in there left liuzzi no room and nearly took out 2 other guys

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:31
:eek: Hey best chop of the race belongs to the Kube, who went around and then into the pits :eek:

I forgot that. Awesome chop :D

truefan72
13th June 2010, 19:34

yep. I am really happy that Hamilton won, and macs got a 1-2 but today was not the best example of clean or fair driving by many. MSC takes the cake with his many off track excursions. although that incident with Kubica was more kubica's fault.

truefan72
13th June 2010, 19:36

true

F1boat
13th June 2010, 19:36
yep. I am really happy that Hamilton won, and macs got a 1-2 but today was not the best example of clean or fair driving by many. MSC takes the cake with his many off track excursions. although that incident with Kubica was more kubica's fault.

Michael was pure Dick Dastardly today. I loved it, every piece of it :)

Shifter
13th June 2010, 19:47

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. It's kind of funny to me as well that in the Hamilton vs. Petrov battle in the Malaysian GP, Hamilton drew ire from a number of people for 'blocking', when all he did was try to break a draft. In that battle, when Hamilton reached the braking zone he clearly took a side of the road and the battle for position was fair.

In todays Schumacher vs. Massa battle, Schumacher made 2 moves or so, but critcally made his last manuver when both cars had entered the braking zone. In the braking zone, both drivers are going to be using 100% of their cars' stopping ability, so therefore the move was dangerous and uncalled for. If Schumacher didn't want the debris on his tires he should have set up on the racing line BEFORE the braking zone and forced Massa to try him on the inside through the debris.

I'm not biased at all in my observation here, my driver is Kubica who made a very reckless move at the same corner and cut down the tire of a FI driver, and I'll roundly criticize him for that. Schumacher had one of his odd 'off' weekends, and hopefully he'll return to the form he showed in China when he had some clean, thrilling wheel to wheel battles in the wet.

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 19:58
OK, just seen the onboard footage from Massa's car in that incident.

It just basically confirms what I thought in the first place, Schumi clearly just drove into Massa's front wing, if I were Ferrari, id definitely put in a complaint to the stewards about that.

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 20:03
HAMILTON ...... 109
BUTTON ...... 106
WEBBER ...... 103
ALONSO ...... 94
VETTEL ...... 90

19 points covers the first 5, close or what

Shifter
13th June 2010, 20:04
Just realized how negative we all can be, so let me say...not my favourite track, but the low grip situation sure made the race interesting at the front. Ignoring quali controversy, Hamilton was just brilliant today and may just be getting closer to his full potential.

Jag_Warrior
13th June 2010, 20:07
I've never looked foward to each race quite as much as 2010, not even 2008 or 2003. I am LOVING the F1 2010 season.

+1

This has been a FANTASTIC season thus far. I'd really like to have some sort of collector's edition DVD set of the seasons from 2007-2010. But this season especially is coming on as the best in many, many years. As can be seen from some of the posts on the first page, you can't predict ANYTHING this season - which is the way it should be.

I actually feel sorry for the people who don't watch F1 and yet walk around and ignorantly say, "I don't like F1 cause there's no passing." Sucks to be them, I'm sure.

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 20:21
+1

This has been a FANTASTIC season thus far. I'd really like to have some sort of collector's edition DVD set of the seasons from 2007-2010. But this season especially is coming on as the best in many, many years. As can be seen from some of the posts on the first page, you can't predict ANYTHING this season - which is the way it should be.

I actually feel sorry for the people who don't watch F1 and yet walk around and ignorantly say, "I don't like F1 cause there's no passing." Sucks to be them, I'm sure.

Agreed, Anyone who was part of that sell-out crowd in Montreal today will have got great value for money, top class entertainment.

Formula 1, boring? pah

Dave B
13th June 2010, 20:25
20 second time penalty for Massa: speeding in the pit lane. Not that it particularly matters...

DazzlaF1
Massa given 20 second post race penalty...

...and no it was not for that clash with Schumacher

EDIT: damn Dave, beat me to it :laugh:

christophulus
F1 forum reports Massa's got a 20 second penalty for pit lane speeding. Doesn't affect the result..

Will be interesting to see what happens with the other pending investigations.

Tazio
13th June 2010, 20:28
Was Fettel's problem the engine. If so how many races did that lump have on it?

DazzlaF1
13th June 2010, 20:29
Was Fettel's problem the engine. If so how many races did that lump have on it?

Christian Horner on the F1 Forum said it was an oil leak in the gearbox

So maybe a change of gearbox and grid penalty in Valencia to come perhaps

Tazio
13th June 2010, 20:29
F1 forum reports Massa's got a 20 second penalty for pit lane speeding. Doesn't affect the result..

Will be interesting to see what happens with the other pending investigations.What else is pending?

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2010, 20:30
Agreed, Anyone who was part of that sell-out crowd in Montreal today will have got great value for money, top class entertainment.

Formula 1, boring? pah

yup, everything about 2010 is great. new teams, a great championship battle, no max, no major off track politics (thus far) and more importantly, fun races. compared to the races of 2009, 2010 is far superior. far superior to any season in the last decade probably. even monaco wasnt that bad, it was just bahrain at the start.

people who say 'F1 is just a bunch of cars going round in circles' I pity them, but with much smugness :)

christophulus
13th June 2010, 20:35
What else is pending?

I know a couple of decisions were being investigated after the race. If I remember correctly, Kubica's chop across Sutil and possibly Schumacher-Kubica?

Tazio
13th June 2010, 20:35
Christian Horner on the F1 Forum said it was an oil leak in the gearbox

So maybe a change of gearbox and grid penalty in Valencia to come perhapsThanks :)

truefan72
13th June 2010, 20:46
just an aside.

I heard the radio conversation where Vettel was arguing with his team asking them about slowing down to manage an alleged problem. Oddly enough i did not hear the speedtv crew criticize Vettel they way the came down on Hamilton for a similar conversation, I believe in Australia. Nor do I hear any body on here blasting vettel thee way they were taking swipes at Hamilton.

Just pointing that fact out.

I actually don't care what a driver tells his team over the radio and i think neither one of them did anything wrong. It is just funny to see how when Hamilton did it he was called out by speed tv and folks on here. but there was nary a word about Vettels own tiff with his team.

markabilly
13th June 2010, 21:10
schuie appearantly, for reasons not clear, ran the last 30 laps or so, on soft tires.......