PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha reshuffle

jonny hurlock
5th June 2010, 21:52
So who going to reace rossi at fiat yamaha, edwards or spies, who's replacing at tech 3? Toseland, ant west? Any one else?

Wim_Impreza
6th June 2010, 10:40
Spies can't due to the rookie rule.

Toseland not, as there is a WSBK weekend when the MotoGP is in Assen at the end of the month. Edwards isn't so fast as last year so I doubt he will replace Rossi.

Corny
6th June 2010, 11:17
Would love to see Elias on Rossi's bike..

chunder27
6th June 2010, 14:15
I hope it isnt Edwards, this man has flattered to deceive for too long now, qualifying well and then being 30 seonds behind in the races, needs to move on.

Maybe they will leave it and put a test rider on? Does it really matter!!

NinjaMaster
6th June 2010, 14:39
I hope it isnt Edwards, this man has flattered to deceive for too long now, qualifying well and then being 30 seonds behind in the races, needs to move on.

Edwards is happy at Tech3 and knows he's not the future, I doubt he would take the ride. I don't really understand the Edwards hate, he finished 5th last year, the highest possible position he could finish. What more can be asked of him?
Any fast riders around in crap, about to go bust teams? That'd be the best bet for Fiat Yamaha I reckon.

Rod Richardson
6th June 2010, 21:53
Does anyone know what Andrew Pitt is currently up to????

NinjaMaster
7th June 2010, 08:42
Anthony Gobert?! :rotflmao:

I am evil Homer
7th June 2010, 10:40

Of course it matters - taking points off Honda and their riders will help Jorge. Having someone finishing 8th won't.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 11:08
ant west?

:laugh:

patnicholls
7th June 2010, 13:09
Personal thought would be that the 'rookie' rule will find its way to being bent (due to the slightly thin grid numbers) and Spies stepping up, with a test rider - or Yuki Takahashi - coming onto the Tech 3 bike.

Whoever gets it will find it tough going to take any points off the Hondas, mind.

Wim_Impreza
7th June 2010, 16:08
Does anyone know what Andrew Pitt is currently up to????

Yes, he will ride in the British Superbikes in Mallory Park as a replacement of Ian Lowry.

rallyrazz
7th June 2010, 17:28
it would be great to see sete gibernau take the vacent Yamaha bike

Cryogeneric
7th June 2010, 19:25
I see a lot of people saying Spies can't take the seat because of the rookie rule... but the rookie rule doesn't actually stipulate anything about being a "replacement rider". If he can't, than neither can anyone else that doesn't have at least 9 GP races of experience. This of course includes test riders and makes the choice of replacement riders very limiting.

That being said, I don't think Spies or Edwards will move up. Spies would have to decide whether he wants to stick with Houseworth or work with Burgess and this creates a very difficult situation. I think it will be a former retired GP rider. McCoy or Nakano come to mind.... Rossi would likely request that Gibernau NOT be his ringer.

AndyRAC
7th June 2010, 21:58
I wonder if Dorna will have any influence in this decision? If so, it's likely to be an Italian/ Spanish rider.........yet another one!

patnicholls
8th June 2010, 00:40
I see a lot of people saying Spies can't take the seat because of the rookie rule... but the rookie rule doesn't actually stipulate anything about being a "replacement rider". If he can't, than neither can anyone else that doesn't have at least 9 GP races of experience. This of course includes test riders and makes the choice of replacement riders very limiting.

That being said, I don't think Spies or Edwards will move up. Spies would have to decide whether he wants to stick with Houseworth or work with Burgess and this creates a very difficult situation. I think it will be a former retired GP rider. McCoy or Nakano come to mind.... Rossi would likely request that Gibernau NOT be his ringer.

Yes, I'd heard the '9 race' thing elsewhere - and of course there have been four races this season, Spies has done four previously (Donington, Laguna and Indy with Suzuki in 2008, plus Valencia last year) so after one more with Tech 3 he'll have nine under his belt. I'd say he'll take it (because he's part of the future - Edwards is a faithful servant but they've been there before), Ben will be allowed his guys in but Burgess will come alongside.

I think Sete's time has been and gone - great rider (clear 2nd best of the 990 era) but it was over in 2006, really. Likewise Nakano who suffered with injuries last year and faded out, and McCoy's time at the front of a MotoGP field has also sadly passed.

NinjaMaster
8th June 2010, 13:06
I think Sete's time has been and gone - great rider (clear 2nd best of the 990 era) but it was over in 2006, really. Likewise Nakano who suffered with injuries last year and faded out, and McCoy's time at the front of a MotoGP field has also sadly passed.

Agreed.

According to Julian Ryder, a Tech3 rider is the most likely replacement, though not Spies or Edwards but Yuki Takahashi. :up:

Cryogeneric
9th June 2010, 00:50
Agreed.

According to Julian Ryder, a Tech3 rider is the most likely replacement, though not Spies or Edwards but Yuki Takahashi. :up:
Well, Yuki didn't complete 9 races so he's still technically a rookie. If he rides as a wild card, the rules state that a rider can only wild card up to three races maximum. So, that would eliminate Yuki if Rossi is out for more than three races.

The truth is, the rules don't stipulate restrictions on "replacement" riders. So if there are no restrictions, then Ben can do it. But if Ben can't because the rookie rule, than neither can Yuki or any other rider that hasn't completed 9 races. As for wild card rides, those are 3 races max.... so who knows what's going to happen, but I do believe Dorna will come up with some rules regards replacement riders.

racer69
9th June 2010, 08:39
Haven't the team indicated they won't bother replacing him until they have to (ie..Dorna will make them after 3 races?)

I think Spies is better off staying on the Tech3 bike for the moment

NinjaMaster
9th June 2010, 13:35
Well, Yuki didn't complete 9 races so he's still technically a rookie. If he rides as a wild card, the rules state that a rider can only wild card up to three races maximum. So, that would eliminate Yuki if Rossi is out for more than three races.

The truth is, the rules don't stipulate restrictions on "replacement" riders. So if there are no restrictions, then Ben can do it. But if Ben can't because the rookie rule, than neither can Yuki or any other rider that hasn't completed 9 races. As for wild card rides, those are 3 races max.... so who knows what's going to happen, but I do believe Dorna will come up with some rules regards replacement riders.

It wouldn't mean Yuki is eliminated, just that he's restricted to only 3 races and they would have to find another rider. Assuming, of course, that they follow the rules, though Dorna have been known to do a little 'moulding' or look away from time to time.

Haven't the team indicated they won't bother replacing him until they have to (ie..Dorna will make them after 3 races?)

I think Spies is better off staying on the Tech3 bike for the moment

I would imagine that Fiat and the other sponsors would be keen to see two bikes on the track to represent their $$$$.

I agree about Spies. Continuity with the same bike and team for the year is best for his development. It's hard enough without jumping back and forth between teams.

ShiftingGears
10th June 2010, 16:03
I agree about Spies. Continuity with the same bike and team for the year is best for his development. It's hard enough without jumping back and forth between teams.

On the flipside, he could learn a thing or two working with riders and engineers of Yamaha Factory Team calibre, which could be quite beneficial to him.

NinjaMaster
11th June 2010, 10:22
On the flipside, he could learn a thing or two working with riders and engineers of Yamaha Factory Team calibre, which could be quite beneficial to him.
Yeah, that's certainly an equally valid point. Especially if he got to work with Burgess. I would prefer him to stay where he is where there is less pressure to perform and he can concentrate on this own thing, plus continue the rapport he's been building with his current team. I guess at the end of the day, it's win-win for the Ben. :up:

jonny hurlock
17th June 2010, 23:32
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/160732/1/cal_crutchlow_admits_he_turned_down_tech_3_offer.h tml

sal
24th June 2010, 10:34
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8757781.stm

Guessing game is over!

Rod Richardson
24th June 2010, 13:51
Velly intelesting apprication of exception lule to have Yamaha test lider Wataru Yoshikawa bum on seat. Only had one MotoGP lace in 2002 at Motegi and came 12th.