PDA

View Full Version : RBR WRC vs S2000

tannat
5th June 2010, 13:15
So I am recce'ing for the next WRC event, Australia, and am using the first timed sector of Greenhills for a test venue with Good conditions in daylight.

Running back to back comparisons of all A8-09 cars and all S2000 I can only gain about 2 seconds over that sector in a WRC versus an S2000.

Would love to hear others results...

Bruce D
6th June 2010, 12:51
I find that I work on carrying more speed through the corners in an S2000. Greenhills is very tight at the beginning, lots of slow turns so the WRC would only gain on torque out of those turns, but then its slippery gravel so you'll battle with wheelspin more, so the S2000 would be only losing tiny fractions. Also I believe that cos the S2000 is less lively on the throttle you tend to get on the power earlier and harder

tannat
6th June 2010, 13:11
I find that I work on carrying more speed through the corners in an S2000. Greenhills is very tight at the beginning, lots of slow turns so the WRC would only gain on torque out of those turns, but then its slippery gravel so you'll battle with wheelspin more, so the S2000 would be only losing tiny fractions. Also I believe that cos the S2000 is less lively on the throttle you tend to get on the power earlier and harder

Am running the same experiment on East West II at the moment, and am finding less than one second difference at the end of the first timed sector.

I could probably set up the cars better.....

Francis44
6th June 2010, 13:42
S2000 lose some seconds in most gravel stages, not much, sometimes 4-5 seconds.

I usually notice more difference on Tarmac. In Cotê de Abatroz I can be 15 seconds faster sometimes with a WRC.

tannat
6th June 2010, 14:57
S2000 lose some seconds in most gravel stages, not much, sometimes 4-5 seconds.

I usually notice more difference on Tarmac. In Cotê de Abatroz I can be 15 seconds faster sometimes with a WRC.

I need to do a check on tarmac as well...

I think the bottom line is I haven't got a really good grasp on WRCs :(

Bruce D
6th June 2010, 15:07
Which is why I prefer the S2000 cars. I find I do similar times but stay on the road more often with them.

52Paddy
6th June 2010, 17:18
Which is why I prefer the S2000 cars. I find I do similar times but stay on the road more often with them.

I'm in the same boat. I tend to get way ahead of myself with WRC cars. I have too much power at my disposal and get excited I suppose! I have far more consistent runs in S2000 and N4 cars and, as a result, enjoy driving them far more. In fact, I might switch to using a lower class car at the next RBR MF Cup round.