PDA

View Full Version : who are you supporting this year??

100%hondafan
5th March 2007, 01:01
although im not sure who to support this year :(

seat: i like drivers plato and turner but i dont like supporting the fravoite.
TD: i like the car but not the drivers.
Vauxhall: i cant stand but they have giovinardi (i really respct him as a driver)
RAC: nice cars and 2 good young drivers
Jackson: underdog with a good car

its such a tuff choice.

PDS
5th March 2007, 01:21
EVERYONE needs our support!

LiamM
5th March 2007, 01:24
I have been a Plato fan for year now! But this year I will be keeping a keen eye on Mr Kerry in his 1-Series

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2007, 10:47
I want all the BMW to do well, but I don't want one team to dominate, I want all the teams to be as good as each other so we can have another exciting championship.

100%hondafan
5th March 2007, 11:33
i guess im just going to have to support all the honda's :) and then jackson aswell.

Les
5th March 2007, 13:56
going to have to go with my usuals....
Dave Pinkney
John George
Nick Leason
Erkut
Martyn Bell
oh just half the field....

tin-top fan
5th March 2007, 14:04
I always been quite a Dynamics fan, but with the way that they've acted after the last few seasons, I really am started to slowly go off them.
I think this season i'll be a team RAC man, but I'm definitly gonna be cheering on Howell as well ( and Eaves if he manages to find a drive)

Pilfp
5th March 2007, 16:29
Giovanardi, Shedden and Turkington for me.

reidy_fan
5th March 2007, 16:34
Btcc, Gordon Shedden, Mat Jackson, Colin Turkington
Clios, Derek Pierce, Mickey Doyle, Jamie Cleland and Phil House

and if Jonathan Adam is racing then whatever he is in

MBailey06
5th March 2007, 16:50
going to have to go with my usuals....
Dave Pinkney
John George
Nick Leason
Erkut
Martyn Bell
oh just half the field....

I didn't know Dave Pinkney was in the championship as yet, although I could be wrong.

Captain VXR
5th March 2007, 17:14
Anyone in a Vauxhall and also AFM Racing

PDS
5th March 2007, 17:23
I didn't know Dave Pinkney was in the championship as yet, although I could be wrong.

Not yet!

100%hondafan
5th March 2007, 17:41
when is this going to be announced as so far i have only heard roumers

PDS
5th March 2007, 17:45
when is this going to be announced as so far i have only heard roumers

As it has said before... When the team feel the time is right!

suzy m
5th March 2007, 18:01
Colin. :D

Allyc85
5th March 2007, 18:05
Im a team RAC supporter tis year with them having turkington and tom onboard. Il also be keeping a keen eye on the 1 series project :)

100%hondafan
5th March 2007, 18:05
ok sounds good i hope they do enter would be great :)

think its time to edit the sig to who i shall support :)

Les
5th March 2007, 20:27

I just hope he is as I am so used to him being around now and a bit of pink on the grid just looks so good

Scuderia ferrari
5th March 2007, 20:29
Both seats and both RAC BMWs

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 20:35
As it has said before... When the team feel the time is right!

Is the whole thing actually sorted though? It seems so so long ago that it became obvious that Team Griffin Racing were going to be entering a pair of Alfa Romeo 156s for Dave Pinkney and Richard Marsh.

Ian McC
5th March 2007, 20:53
Matt Neal of course :D

Robinho
6th March 2007, 20:52
tricky one this year,

TD have steadily gone down in my estimations in the last few years, but i still have a soft spot from the old days.

Seat i've never really warmed to, and Plato i'm not mad keen on either, but i will be looking out for Turner this year i think.

VX, i've always looked out for, ever since the late 80's, i'd i'm a big fan of the style of both Giovinardi and Chilton, i'd love to see them have a great year.

RAC i'm also a big fan of, it will be great to see them get the best out of the BMW, very much liking Turkington and would love TO-C to do well too.

of the rest i've always loved the pluck of the privateers, especialy those punching above their weight.

so, all in all i think i'd like to see Plato and Matt Neal beaten by anyone else and a classic season of close racing

PDS
6th March 2007, 21:42
Is the whole thing actually sorted though? It seems so so long ago that it became obvious that Team Griffin Racing were going to be entering a pair of Alfa Romeo 156s for Dave Pinkney and Richard Marsh.
YES... Technically, NO!....

I have said on many occasions what the state of play is. It is not my place to tell you what is going on! There is one frequent visitor to this forum that is more qualified to tell you what is happening. There may even be an announcement this week.

All I can say is that I expect to see Mr Pinkney and Mr Marsh competing in the BTCC this year!

thompp
7th March 2007, 09:59
Team Dynamics - Neal and Shedden
Dan Eaves if he gets a drive
Fiona, if its BTCC or something else
Local Norwich lad Matt Allison

mattie007
7th March 2007, 12:03
Any MG, if one appears.
Nick Leason as he's a Northants las.
Vauxhall because I like the look of the Vectra.

Alfa Fan
7th March 2007, 16:16
Jason Hughes will be representing MG on the BTCC grid again this year. He may be joined by Paul Bird in a second MG at selected meetings. (TBC)

100%hondafan
7th March 2007, 18:43
sounds good should be getting better in his 3rd season :)

Iain
7th March 2007, 19:07
Jason Hughes will be representing MG on the BTCC grid again this year. He may be joined by Paul Bird in a second MG at selected meetings. (TBC)

Is that the same rumour that's been going about for about a year regarding Paul Bird though? He's just bought a new Subaru to go and win the MSA Gravel Rally Championship and has his superbike team to run, so any BTCC outings would seem very unlikely now.

Neil Adams
7th March 2007, 19:17
Colin Turkington
David Pinkney
Gareth Howell
Chris Stockton

Alfa Fan
7th March 2007, 19:37
Is that the same rumour that's been going about for about a year regarding Paul Bird though? He's just bought a new Subaru to go and win the MSA Gravel Rally Championship and has his superbike team to run, so any BTCC outings would seem very unlikely now.

Its not the same rumour, no. MN had an article about 2 weeks ago, where Paul said he was looking to make a number of BTCC outtings this season when his schedule allowed him, before a full program in 2008.

VkmSpouge
7th March 2007, 19:56

I hope so, I'd definitely support Jason Hughes if he races this year.

mattie007
7th March 2007, 20:58
Thats good news, I still thought the MG/Kartworld was just a rumour at the moment.
If he is running this year I wouldnt be surprised to see him in one of WSR's 06 spec MG's.

VkmSpouge
7th March 2007, 21:21
It is still rumour at the moment, no official confirmation from anywhere.

Iain
7th March 2007, 21:44
Thats good news, I still thought the MG/Kartworld was just a rumour at the moment.
If he is running this year I wouldnt be surprised to see him in one of WSR's 06 spec MG's.

The word is that he's going to get his own car upgraded with everything WSR had on their cars at the end of 2006. No need to buy a new car.

johngeorge
10th March 2007, 18:46
Hi les thanks for the support , look forward to seeing you and Kevin this season , John

tdb
10th March 2007, 19:25

i heard a driver from last year was joining jason in a 2 car squad!

Pedalpusher
10th March 2007, 19:34
Colin Turkington again this year for me :D
The WSR BMWs look great in the Orange and Black.

tin-top fan
10th March 2007, 19:54
i heard a driver from last year was joining jason in a 2 car squad!

I'd put my money on Leggate due to her past MG connections....

Jimmy Magnusson
10th March 2007, 23:39
Matt Neal in BTCC, Flash in STCC, Eckie in DTM and Volvo at WTCC Anderstorp!

nik
11th March 2007, 03:12
Jordan, Pinkney, Giovanardi, Turner and Nick Leason cos he's got the same name as me.

SEATFreak
11th March 2007, 10:10
Need I say who I am supporting?!!

Well, you may be in for a shock. I am starting to like more and more Darren (Turner) now. His career from 1999 to date impresses me. He has done so many top championships with so many top drivers as teammates.

Deffinitely one of the top emerging talent in the BTCC. And deffinitely one who I view as having great promise.

Captain VXR
11th March 2007, 11:23
I forgot to mention
WTCC
Works BMWs
Proteam
GR Asia
STCC
Opel
Peugeot
KMS Audi
DTC
Peugeot
Later on in the season I expect there will be more people to support

nicemms
11th March 2007, 14:32
Definately Matt Neal but also Gareth Howell because I think he has great potential.

Also I will be supporting Erkut and his team of Astra Sport Hatches as that is what my dad will be driving soon and I will also be supporting my fellow yorkshire men.

Robinho
11th March 2007, 17:05
Definately Matt Neal but also Gareth Howell because I think he has great potential.

Also I will be supporting Erkut and his team of Astra Sport Hatches as that is what my dad will be driving soon and I will also be supporting my fellow yorkshire men.

I don't think Erkut is from Yorkshire? ;)

Iain
11th March 2007, 21:15

MG?

Captain VXR
12th March 2007, 17:09

VXRacing :p
Are you supporting Motorbase along with SEAT Sport UK?

NoahsGirl
12th March 2007, 20:27
I'll be supporting the Vauxhall boys and Colin Turkington.