PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a RBR and MCLAREN

race_director
3rd June 2010, 16:38
Redbull have solved the issue between Webber and vettle . The team did not show any baisness , even though claimed by many people.

both drivers came talk and sorted the issue out and now are at the same level as before. If it was in Mclaren, suppose Between Hammy boy and Jenson . we all know what would have happened. ROB would have supported only his blue eyed boy and the fighting would have been on the street

The way RBR handled the issue shows the teams is unbaised and run by professional , not a LOLA team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84111

all ferrari haters, they never allowed these type of thing's to escalate into open .keep of ferrari away from this topic.

I support MSC and Mercedes Grand Prix now, but still think ferrari is more matured than MCL

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 16:47
Redbull have solved the issue between Webber and vettle . The team did not show any baisness , even though claimed by many people.

both drivers came talk and sorted the issue out and now are at the same level as before. If it was in Mclaren, suppose Between Hammy boy and Jenson . we all know what would have happened. ROB would have supported only his blue eyed boy and the fighting would have been on the street

The way RBR handled the issue shows the teams is unbaised and run by professional , not a LOLA team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84111

all ferrari haters, they never allowed these type of thing's to escalate into open .keep of ferrari away from this topic.

I support MSC and Mercedes Grand Prix now, but still think ferrari is more matured than MCL

Well, you believe all is rosy in the RBR camp do you?

ArrowsFA1
3rd June 2010, 16:50
A fun picture and a press release (link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84111)) doesn't convince me that all is rosy in the Red Bull garden.

Overall, IMHO, Red Bull have handled this very poorly from the moment the incident happened (when they blamed Webber) through the various stories and press releases that have emerged since.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 17:01
A fun picture and a press release (link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84111)) doesn't convince me that all is rosy in the Red Bull garden.

Overall, IMHO, Red Bull have handled this very poorly from the moment the incident happened (when they blamed Webber) through the various stories and press releases that have emerged since.

They'd make less mess if the team worked out of a china shop.

Mia 01
3rd June 2010, 18:04
As soon as Jenson beats Lewis in another numbers of races, their will be blood.

RBR. Mark is not valued in the team.

Kimi will be back next year.

As it stands now, RBR has NO top tier driver. Most no biased people understands this.

fandango
3rd June 2010, 18:11
Redbull have solved the issue between Webber and vettle .

No way. You can clearly see in the photo that Vettel is favoured. He's got a bigger bull on his t-shirt and takes up more space, and he's closer to the centre. And they got his good side. He probably swerved into Webber just after the shot. And it's all Schumacher's fault.

i_max2k2
4th June 2010, 04:06
And it's all Schumacher's fault.

You just made my day :D , I wonder why was Schumi was not blamed so far, c'mon guys he was just about a min or away!

Roamy
4th June 2010, 04:59
As soon as Jenson beats Lewis in another numbers of races, their will be blood.

RBR. Mark is not valued in the team.

Kimi will be back next year.

As it stands now, RBR has NO top tier driver. Most no biased people understands this.

I would actually like to see Kimi and Vettel at red bull. Although Webber may really put a dent in Vettel's career if he were to win the WDC. Actually if Alonso doesn't get the lead out I am going to root for Webber to win the WDC.

Rollo
4th June 2010, 07:06
I am going to root for Webber to win the WDC.

You're a bit keen aren't you? ;)

CNR
4th June 2010, 08:17
is this a fake photo?
the shadow is not the same you see a shadow between them but not to the sides

I am evil Homer
4th June 2010, 10:48
The difference between RBR and McLaren is only one team has a motor mouth know-nothing called Helmut Marko. The man has no class whatsoever.

markabilly
4th June 2010, 11:20
Red Bull did appear to heavily back Vettel initially and this was seen extensively in the press in the UK. Maybe you didn't have access to this information, afterall these are two British teams and alot of scrutiny is directed their way by our media. Once they realised the vast majority of fans were blaming Vettel and the pitwall, they conceded and released a revised statement. Along the lines of "now we have had time to review all the circumstances, we now feel that........."

. :)
I do not see mac, brawn, mercedes nor ferrari thinking, gee we need to have our fans fuss and conduct a few polls to tell us what to think about a bump on the track.....

that is the biggest problem as red bull is completely in charge and is not a mere sponsor.

But red bull is just a company selling a needless consumer product of a non-essential nature with lots of caffeine

They do not make ferraris, mercedes or other cars for a living....

markabilly
4th June 2010, 11:22
I would actually like to see Kimi and Vettel at red bull. Although Webber may really put a dent in Vettel's career if he were to win the WDC. Actually if Alonso doesn't get the lead out I am going to root for Webber to win the WDC.
I want to see Speed and Rossi there....no not motogp rossi, who is still trying to figure out how to drag his knee while driving an f1 car through the corners...

truefan72
4th June 2010, 11:36

exactly

markabilly
4th June 2010, 14:04
is this a fake photo?
the shadow is not the same you see a shadow between them but not to the sides
finally he says something that i can agree with.
but he will never know if got me on his ignore list

the shadows and even the size of the two appear to be not in proper scale, so i think they has at least been some photoshaop "adjustment",if not outright fakery

wonder if got me on his ignore list, so I can talk real bad about him and his chopper, without him even noticing, thereby admitting by his silence the truth of what i say.... :D

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 14:05
finally he says something that i can agree with.
but he will never know if got me on his ignore list

wonder if got me on his ignore list, so I can talk real bad about him and his chopper, without him even noticing, thereby admitting by his silence the truth of what i say.... :D

Do ever proof read post?

Big Ben
4th June 2010, 14:38
RBR is British?

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 15:07
RBR is British?

Run out of Britain, by a mostly British workforce (ex Stewart/Jaguar), but Austrian registered.

And, for Tamb's benefit, who sadly cannot be with us today, I use the word British not as I am, apparently, racist, but in a factual sense.

Just like Mercedes is an inherently British team - Ex Tyrrell/BAR/Honda/Brawn - but German registered.

The use of German being not to stir the Neo Nazi's amongst you, but to be factual.

wedge
4th June 2010, 15:17
Badly handled by RBR.

Marko should've kept quiet. He's now given ammunition for the media to spook his drivers and create a bigger rift.

Nor did Webbo help things with his "dig deeper" comment at the post-race press conference.

Can't make my mind up on Horner. I sense he's under pressure from Marko and Red Bull.

McLaren did well out of it. There was a sense of maturity from Lewis when he turned his back to the camera when discussing team communication with Bunsen. It was sick to see Bunsen pretending to be Mr Innocent but I won't be surprised if Ron Dennis ejaculated when he saw the press conference.

markabilly
4th June 2010, 16:17
Do ever proof read post?
oopps, i forget a period.

Mia 01
4th June 2010, 17:41
Adrian can design fast cars, its another story when it comes to drivers,

nigelred5
4th June 2010, 19:24
I do not see mac, brawn, mercedes nor ferrari thinking, gee we need to have our fans fuss and conduct a few polls to tell us what to think about a bump on the track.....

that is the biggest problem as red bull is completely in charge and is not a mere sponsor.

But red bull is just a company selling a needless consumer product of a non-essential nature with lots of caffeine

.....Yet they make an insane profit every year.

Mia 01
4th June 2010, 22:19
MacLarens designdepartment is useless, compared to Adrian they are as four year old kids. Hamilton, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that spoilt brat.

Big Ben
4th June 2010, 22:39
Adrian can design fast cars, its another story when it comes to drivers,

Yep. Designing fast drivers is another story.

wedge
5th June 2010, 16:00
MacLarens designdepartment is useless, compared to Adrian they are as four year old kids. Hamilton, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that spoilt brat.

And RBR brought out their own F-duct because...

SGWilko
5th June 2010, 16:43
And RBR brought out their own F-duct because...

...Kimi, Heikki and Mika told them to?

Zico
14th June 2010, 10:45
The pace in Canada was very interesting and Imo seem to highlight McLarens strengths more so than other circuits where tyre wear isn't as big an issue.

McLarens F-duct seemed to be the key in Canada allowing them to run more downforce than other teams in turn effectively allowing them to manage their tyres so much better than their closest competitors.

Leading both the constructors and drivers standings and there is also an improved McLaren in the pipeline for Silverstone, they certainly look likely to become the team to beat for the remainder of the season.

What a fantastic season its been so far, I just hope it continues like this..

Best season in the last ten years .. or longer!

Ranger
14th June 2010, 10:50
The pace in Canada was very interesting and Imo seem to highlight McLarens strengths more so than other circuits where tyre wear isn't as big an issue.

McLarens F-duct seemed to be the key in Canada allowing them to run more downforce than other teams in turn effectively allowing them to manage their tyres so much better than their closest competitors.

Leading both the constructors and drivers standings and there is also an improved McLaren in the pipeline for Silverstone, they certainly look likely to become the team to beat for the remainder of the season.

What a fantastic season its been so far, I just hope it continues like this..

Season of the decade?

The decade only just started. :D

However you technically count them, this has been an awesome season. Hopefully we get no runaway championship leaders. :up:

Zico
14th June 2010, 10:55
The decade only just started. :D

However you technically count them, this has been an awesome season. Hopefully we get no runaway championship leaders. :up:

Thanks, edited.. ;)

Mia 01
18th June 2010, 11:56
RBR will have the fastest car for this whole season.

But then there is reliability and drivers to.

Sleeper
18th June 2010, 22:02
RBR will have the fastest car for this whole season.

But then there is reliability and drivers to.
Didnt look like it in Canada.

Saint Devote
19th June 2010, 02:15

"Mere sponsor?" Of course they only pay the bills.......

Red Bull dont have to make road cars - they COULD BUY Ferrari if it was for sale however - probably pay in cash too!

They prefer to make racing cars that beat Ferrari and Mercedes instead.

Dietrich Mateschitz is the new independent F1 owner, like Vijay Mallyah. They used to be people such as Ken Tyrrell or Bernie Ecclestone [Brabham] but as the sport has become so exhorbitantly expensive, they require billionaires with the passion.

God bless them all :D

Saint Devote
19th June 2010, 02:19
The RBR was hobbled in the same way that Renault were and others in the sport before them have been.

The most recent ordered by the FIA change was to the unique aerodynamically designed suspension members.

Its not only that Mclaren have caught up, but that RBR have been "hit" by the FIA. The mumbling and moaning from the paddock did not go unnoticed.

Kudos to Gary Anderson who in fine detail laid out the superior Newey designed differences between the RB06 and everyone else when the car was launched.

He said that if it worked, the rest of the grid would be left behind - until the FIA stepped in. Never were truer words spoken prior to a season.

Imagine if Schumi had been in that car! Oh well!

AndyL
19th June 2010, 18:57
The most recent ordered by the FIA change was to the unique aerodynamically designed suspension members.

The report seems to be that the part was angled at 20 degrees to the horizontal when the rules clearly say 5 degrees is the maximum (though I haven't seen any details from an authoritative source). Requiring them to comply with the same rules as everyone else is not really "hobbling" them is it.

Saint Devote
20th June 2010, 16:13
The report seems to be that the part was angled at 20 degrees to the horizontal when the rules clearly say 5 degrees is the maximum (though I haven't seen any details from an authoritative source). Requiring them to comply with the same rules as everyone else is not really "hobbling" them is it.

Well they passed scrutineering - I am not especially interested in the technical side of F1 but I do think that this was something related to a situation similar to 2009 with the diffusers.

The loophole is closed - code for negating brilliant design idea - as all teams are brought down to the same level. Sad and infuriating to see this in so-called F1.

Colin Chapman would have undoubtedly been banned and thrown out of f1 - probably would have left f1 anyway.

Sleeper
20th June 2010, 21:18
Well they passed scrutineering - I am not especially interested in the technical side of F1 but I do think that this was something related to a situation similar to 2009 with the diffusers.

The loophole is closed - code for negating brilliant design idea - as all teams are brought down to the same level. Sad and infuriating to see this in so-called F1.

Colin Chapman would have undoubtedly been banned and thrown out of f1 - probably would have left f1 anyway.
Passing scrutineering doesnt really mean much since the rules are written in a vague way and, unless its glaringly obvious, any part that is outside the rules would require detailed scrutiny and then a lot of to-and-froeing between multiple teams and the FIA. Remember the double diffuser, or Renaults mass damper, or Ferrari's flexi floor etc.

Saint Devote
20th June 2010, 22:38
Passing scrutineering doesnt really mean much since the rules are written in a vague way and, unless its glaringly obvious, any part that is outside the rules would require detailed scrutiny and then a lot of to-and-froeing between multiple teams and the FIA. Remember the double diffuser, or Renaults mass damper, or Ferrari's flexi floor etc.

Scrutineering means a great deal I'd say - frequently the difference between winning or not. Governance is not the responsibility of Red Bull.

The RB06 technical specifications have been known about since the launch of the car.

AndyL
21st June 2010, 11:38

It failed scrutineering in Turkey didn't it? As to why it had passed previously, well the information on this incident is so scant that it's impossible to tell. Perhaps the scrutineers simply failed to notice it, or perhaps it was designed in such a way that it was difficult to notice.