PDA

View Full Version : Cmr2 Wrc Rip

tannat
2nd June 2010, 19:29
I'm officially calling this championship over due to lack of interest.

If anyone wishes to take over organization of the championship and perhaps revitalize it you are welcome to do so.

This championship had a great run on the forum (8 or 9 years?) and sometimes with as many as 20+ participants....

CMR2 WRC RIP.....

52Paddy
2nd June 2010, 20:20
It's a shame to read this post as I used to compete in the championship regularly back in the day. I began rallying with CMR2 here in 2004 and remained a competitor up to 2007/8 (not exactly sure of my last rally date). It was very competitive and, although I never ran at the front regularly, I did find a huge improvement in my performance during the course of my "career". My respect goes to studiose, jso1985 and tannat. These were the three organisers of the championship since I began.

I always enjoyed competing here with some really quick drivers (Marcel Haenan, Luffield, Fico and Evil Homer immediately come to mind). The game has had a huge lifespan but, I guess, every legend has his day eventually. My hat goes off to the old stock of Codemasters staff who created the game and to those many skin-makers who created new cars and liveries over the years. Perhaps we will come back to the game in some years time for old times sake.

Rest in peace CMR2, you have served us well.

Yours,

#1Plato ;)

JTLarsen
6th July 2010, 20:52
I cannot tell you how sorry I am to see this thread! I came to the forum to see if there was a Rally Bulgaria thread going.

My probs goes out to the organisors for keeping this running and most recently to you Tannat for giving it a last shot!

It was so much fun while it lasted! :D

Francis44
6th July 2010, 20:53
It's always a shame to read such news, I tried to get CMR2 so I would join, but didn't make it.

tannat
6th July 2010, 21:02
Perhaps its day will come again, guys.

Maybe I'll post a thread for the 1000 Lakes...

kabouter
3rd August 2010, 13:56
Also I find it sad to read this thread. The CMR2 WRC gave me some much-needed distraction when busy writing my Master thesis two years ago. Unfortunately after one full championship season (with my performance improving dramatically from event to event) I could not combine playing CMR2 anymore with my new job.

Thank you Jso and Tannat for organising the events in recent years - and perhaps if another rally comes along on this forum in the future, I'll find the time to take part.

tannat
3rd August 2010, 16:36
Also I find it sad to read this thread. The CMR2 WRC gave me some much-needed distraction when busy writing my Master thesis two years ago. Unfortunately after one full championship season (with my performance improving dramatically from event to event) I could not combine playing CMR2 anymore with my new job.

Thank you Jso and Tannat for organising the events in recent years - and perhaps if another rally comes along on this forum in the future, I'll find the time to take part.

Cheers, kabouter.

Hope all is well with you, mate :up: