PDA

View Full Version : The Pathetic UN

Roamy
2nd June 2010, 06:26
So nothing against the N. Koreans
Nothing agains Iran Nuclear
Everything against the Jews

IF I were pres I would have these pathetic assholes out of here in a new york minute. if not sooner. And if I were Pres I would have Obama going right along with them.

This is a toilet organization and should be flushed!!

Mark in Oshawa
2nd June 2010, 14:23
Roamy, better have them in New York to keep an eye on em....

You have to understand, the UN can be used against them. Dig through enough UN resolutions, you can find the resolutions that created Israel and their right to block Gaza too....but of course Eki wouldn't look that far. Might dilute his argument and he would have to hijack the thread to another diatribe.

F1boat
2nd June 2010, 17:46
I have my deep reservations to Israel - but I also have my deep reservations about the UN. For me it is very difficult to take sides in this conflicts.

Mark in Oshawa
2nd June 2010, 22:23
I have my deep reservations to Israel - but I also have my deep reservations about the UN. For me it is very difficult to take sides in this conflicts.

I think the Israeli's botched what should have been a simple op, in that they should have boarded in daylight for inspection purposes when the ship got within the 12 mile limit. They should have done it with the camera's running and a member of the press inbedded in with the military troopers to tell the whole story. If nothing is on the ship for military use, let the ship in. If not, impound it. Sneaking in with an helicopter in the middle of the night and then asking the guys not to use lethal force and take paint ball guns and stun grenades was just stupid. Force is either to be used with lethal certainty or not at all.

Israel looks like a bunch of boobs today.

Now that said, the last people I want in here is the UN, they have in the last 20 years proven to be inept at any real task given to them...

Rani
2nd June 2010, 23:24
I think the Israeli's botched what should have been a simple op, in that they should have boarded in daylight for inspection purposes when the ship got within the 12 mile limit. They should have done it with the camera's running and a member of the press inbedded in with the military troopers to tell the whole story. If nothing is on the ship for military use, let the ship in. If not, impound it. Sneaking in with an helicopter in the middle of the night and then asking the guys not to use lethal force and take paint ball guns and stun grenades was just stupid. Force is either to be used with lethal certainty or not at all.

Israel looks like a bunch of boobs today.

Now that said, the last people I want in here is the UN, they have in the last 20 years proven to be inept at any real task given to them...
Absolutey true. Totally unproffessional on behalf of the military high command, the foreign ministry and the list goes on and on. What a disaster.

airshifter
3rd June 2010, 01:27
The UN has amounted to nothing more than a paper tiger over the years. They really aren't capable of getting anything done, other than saying something needs to be done.

Oh, and condemning actions.

Just for the sake of it Roamy, I comdemn you for speaking out against an organization full of condemnation!

Mark in Oshawa
3rd June 2010, 17:49
Absolutey true. Totally unproffessional on behalf of the military high command, the foreign ministry and the list goes on and on. What a disaster.

What's the temperature of the public over there Rani? Bibi I thought was smarter than this.

The people on that ship are a bunch of self righteous zealots and the last thing your nation should have done has put them in a position where they had a point....

SOD
7th June 2010, 13:26
Nice to see that some people have gone all tea potty in the past 2 years or so since I last posted.

Not as if the USA, and permenent member of the UN security council with full veto authority, hasnt a lot on its plate at the moment, with iraq and Afghanistan entering their 8th and 10th(almost) year of hostilities.

A lot would be cured on the USA by slashing the deficit, but that would mean gutting the defense budget to zero! A zero defense budget would put a lot of folks out of work! cant have too many wearing double breasted suits in Contractor Valley, VA, asking for spare change! Gee whizz, they're already soliciting donations to support the troops at US airports, isnt that why you pay taxes????

Who knows what will be done to NK?

As for Iran, the CIA concluded that they stopped seeking the bomb. Not sure why you waste your energy by allowing yourself to be bothered by it.

As for your last point, you didnt read the Goldstone report.

Rani
7th June 2010, 14:51
What's the temperature of the public over there Rani? Bibi I thought was smarter than this.

The people on that ship are a bunch of self righteous zealots and the last thing your nation should have done has put them in a position where they had a point....
There have been a lot demonstrations showing solidarity with the military. It seems that in the same breath these demonstrations portray the fact that israelis trust the IDF a lot more than they trust their leaders. People are really disappointed by the way this was portrayed and by what I think was a total failure of foreign affairs. The israeli government is learning the hard way that wars are now fought over youtube just as much as on the ground. About the whole operation, after seeing pictures of the soldiers after being kidnapped to the belly of the boat and of the terrorists on board it seems the truth has to come out. Of course no network in the western world will show those images and the same goes for any international enquiry. Goldstone only showed the palestinian side of Cast Lead and I don't think an international enqiry on this will do any different.

SOD
7th June 2010, 15:08
There have been a lot demonstrations showing solidarity with the military. It seems that in the same breath these demonstrations portray the fact that israelis trust the IDF a lot more than they trust their leaders. People are really disappointed by the way this was portrayed and by what I think was a total failure of foreign affairs. The israeli government is learning the hard way that wars are now fought over youtube just as much as on the ground. About the whole operation, after seeing pictures of the soldiers after being kidnapped to the belly of the boat and of the terrorists on board it seems the truth has to come out. Of course no network in the western world will show those images and the same goes for any international enquiry. Goldstone only showed the palestinian side of Cast Lead and I don't think an international enqiry on this will do any different.

you're completely disillusioned. There is no way anyone can spin the cold blooded murder of 9 humanitarian workers.

Israel sought out and killed them. the ships had no intention of engaging the Israeli navy nor docking in Israel.

please tell the audience about the protests that came out against the murders!

Rani
7th June 2010, 15:17
you're completely disillusioned. There is no way anyone can spin the cold blooded murder of 9 humanitarian workers.
Then you obviouslly haven't seen the videos of the soldiers getting beaten very close to death or the photos (which were published by turkish newspapers) of the soldiiers in the belly of the boat. Please explain why you think someone would send soldiers to kill and then arm them with paintball guns. It would be a lot easier to simply sink the whole thing, or at least open fire from the air without coming inside the boat. When one views the videos the only logical explanation is that the soldiers did what had to be done for them to get out of that boat alive. How do you explain the fact that on the six other vessels where the people didn't resist no one was hurt?
Using your logic the military should have killed the people on those boats as well. I'm willing to open my mind if you bring forth a rational argument.

SOD
7th June 2010, 15:25
^ the soldiers had no right to be on the boat. What part of, "werent engaging the israeli navy, and werent going to Israel" do you fail to understand!

The soldiers were armed with 9 mm weapons, shove the paintball gun BS where the sun dont shine. The humanitarians werent killed by paintball pellets! :rolleyes:

Rani
7th June 2010, 15:50
^ the soldiers had no right to be on the boat. What part of, "werent engaging the israeli navy, and werent going to Israel" do you fail to understand!

The soldiers were armed with 9 mm weapons, shove the paintball gun BS where the sun dont shine. The humanitarians werent killed by paintball pellets! :rolleyes:
They were enforcing a legal blockade, and have the right to search any vessel headed to Gaza. The soldiers had 9mm pistols as a side arm tucked in holsters. You can see in the videos the soldiers aren't holding pistols when they're repelling from the helicopter. Some of those guns were also taken and used to shoot soldiers who had gunshot wounds.

http://fotogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/GaleriDetay.aspx?P=6&cid=36575&rid=2

These guys don't look too humanitarian to me.
http://fotogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/GaleriDetay.aspx?P=6&cid=36575&rid=2

airshifter
8th June 2010, 04:18

Sure, they searched them out just to kill them. Just like the most recent vessels siezed in the blockade. :rolleyes:

Roamy
8th June 2010, 04:30
What you guys need to understand is that israel is probably 3rd in line as the most powerful nuclear power in the world. You should be glad they are harrassing some punks instead of blowing the sh!t out of everything. You guys need to get real. The only salvation you have is to let these people be and you should support everything they can do to avoid setting off the stockpile. I want to immigrate them all. Probably just exchange them for muslims. then you eliminate the nuclear stockpile and you TIRES just may get lucky and not have to breathe the cloud.

Tazio
8th June 2010, 04:44
The UN has amounted to nothing more than a paper tiger over the years. They really aren't capable of getting anything done, other than saying something needs to be done.

Oh, and condemning actions.

Just for the sake of it Roamy, I comdemn you for speaking out against an organization full of condemnation!I still have this sceene playing in my head of the U.S. envoy puttinng the case for the existance of U235 and that they were well on their way to refineing it to U238 in Iraq to the council, and the French Envoy replying calmly but with conviction that he thought the evidence was horse-$hit! I thought it was an interesting exchange and at least woth the money of admission for the theatre! :s mokin:

Roamy
8th June 2010, 05:34
Thanks Airshifter and while we are at it lets put Helen Thomas in charge of the UN

F1boat
8th June 2010, 07:26
What you guys need to understand is that israel is probably 3rd in line as the most powerful nuclear power in the world. You should be glad they are harrassing some punks instead of blowing the sh!t out of everything. You guys need to get real. The only salvation you have is to let these people be and you should support everything they can do to avoid setting off the stockpile. I want to immigrate them all. Probably just exchange them for muslims. then you eliminate the nuclear stockpile and you TIRES just may get lucky and not have to breathe the cloud.

The Arabs are their neighbors and if they blow them it is not impossible that the radiation will harm them as well. Nukes are not something to play with and I hope that everybody understands this. Besides, are you happy that Russia "are harassing some (Georgian) punks instead of blowing the sh!t out of everything"?
This logic is very, very flawed. Might is not right.

Rani
8th June 2010, 08:18
Why would a democratic country do something so extreme?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/israel/doctrine.htm

It is widely known Israel would not use WMD's first in the middle east as a policy. Even in 1973 when Israel was very much with its back against the wall WMD's weren't used. History shows democratic countries don't just fire WMD's against random targets (like Saddam Hussein did) but at least think it over thoroughly (like the US did in 1945).

SOD
8th June 2010, 08:31
Sure, they searched them out just to kill them. Just like the most recent vessels siezed in the blockade. :rolleyes:

not according to the passengers, they claim that the Israelis had a hitlist.

SOD
8th June 2010, 08:34
Why would a democratic country do something so extreme?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/israel/doctrine.htm

It is widely known Israel would not use WMD's first in the middle east as a policy. Even in 1973 when Israel was very much with its back against the wall WMD's weren't used. History shows democratic countries don't just fire WMD's against random targets (like Saddam Hussein did) but at least think it over thoroughly (like the US did in 1945).

the Israelis sure cooked Palestinians and Lebanese children with white phosphor bombs. You argument is pure BS.

Rani
8th June 2010, 09:03
the Israelis sure cooked Palestinians and Lebanese children with white phosphor bombs. You argument is pure BS.
Those aren't WMDs and have nothing to do with nuclear weapons.
Of course this doesn't justify the use of phosphorus (even for smoke screen purposes), in any case they aren't deadlier than normal shells.
This has hardly anything to do with using WMDs.

SOD
8th June 2010, 09:17
Those aren't WMDs and have nothing to do with nuclear weapons.
Of course this doesn't justify the use of phosphorus (even for smoke screen purposes), in any case they aren't deadlier than normal shells.
This has hardly anything to do with using WMDs.

you completely missed the point I was making.

Rani
8th June 2010, 09:39
not according to the passengers, they claim that the Israelis had a hitlist.
You're blinded by your hate. All you have to do is look at the videos and pictures and see this was supposed to be a policing action which turned into guerilla warfare inside the boat. The IDF didn't expect this at all. Hell they even planned to let girl soldiers rappel onto the boats to quell the international reaction. I'd hate to imagine what could've happened then.

There are much easier ways to single out operatives than to land 10 soldiers on a 600 people vessel. If the mission was to eliminate certin people on the boat this is hardly the MO the IDF would use.