PDA

View Full Version : I'd like an Aston Martin .... (free stuff)

Hazell B
1st June 2010, 16:52
I seem to be given free things on an almost weekly basis, but these past two months have topped even my usual flow of presents.

First I got a Jack Russell puppy given, along with all the gear to keep him. Total value about four or five hundred quid :)
Now I've been offered a racehorse!
Going for a look at him some time this week or next. He's free, gratis and for nothing, so long as I can collect him. Value would be about a thousand pounds if he's okayish and perhaps two and a half grand if he's nice enough to show or use Hunting. Even if he's got three legs and a missing ear, he's got a five hundred meat value on him :p :

So, now seems the time to mention that I've always got space for an Aston. I'll cherish it, name it and make sure it's happy :up:

Eki
1st June 2010, 17:21
Now I've been offered a racehorse!

Don't look in his mouth.

Easy Drifter
1st June 2010, 18:57
Is its name Trojan? :eek: :D

Hazell B
1st June 2010, 19:04
Don't look in his mouth.

Wouldn't be much point, I'll have his Weatherby Passport saying he's only 8 years old :p :
And no, he's not a Trojan horse. Just been emailed a photo actually, and he's quite pretty. Bit flashy for my liking, more show than showjumper.

So where's that Aston owner who's wanting to find a new home for his old banger? C'mon, don't be shy :D

Mark in Oshawa
1st June 2010, 19:49
If someone gave me a racehorse, I too would ask for an Aston. Alas, no one has given me anything more than a cup of coffee...lol

GridGirl
2nd June 2010, 13:33
In theory the gift of a race horse is great becuase of the value of it. If you accept, you have to pay to stable and feed it which over the life of the horse could cost you alot more. Granted Hazel you already have the facilities, food because of your business but its still quite a cost. Well I assume so anyway. The girls at work who have horses pay for stables and one is in livery or something which probably costs a fair bit more than any costs you would suffer.

Eki
2nd June 2010, 13:34
If someone gave me a racehorse, I too would ask for an Aston. Alas, no one has given me anything more than a cup of coffee...lol
Next you'll ask for a cup of tea.

martinbalmer
2nd June 2010, 17:05
I wouldn't say no to a free Aston. Be even better if it came taxed and insured too :p

Eki
2nd June 2010, 17:07
First I got a Jack Russell puppy given, along with all the gear to keep him.
How's Sheldon?

Mark in Oshawa
2nd June 2010, 22:24
Next you'll ask for a cup of tea.
Tea is quite nice....I would take it, but really, with the 32 C temp we had lately, a nice cold draft beer would go nice too!

Hazell B
8th June 2010, 10:14
How's Sheldon?

He's known as Sh*tty to his mates now, thanks to being a little poo. He's fine but hard work. Bought him a doggy intelligence test and he finishes it in under 1 1/2 minutes when it should take five or so :rolleyes:
Kipper's stopped trying to eat him.

The horse has arrived and is a thug. He's not too costly to keep for me, and we wanted another horse anyway, so it's no problem Gridgirl. Maybe a tenner a week average is all he'll cost over the year and I'm willing to bet that's less than most people spend on lunches during their working week. Spending thousands on land, stables and everything in the past is what makes horse ownership cheap now.

And I still haven't been offered an Aston. Somebody gave me some meat pies but that's hardly a substitute :(

Eki
9th June 2010, 18:05
Bought him a doggy intelligence test and he finishes it in under 1 1/2 minutes when it should take five or so :rolleyes:

He will probably get Naburn's job in the SAS when Naburn decides to retire.