PDA

View Full Version : is it harrassment if

harsha
8th December 2006, 05:29
the manager continuously harrases you thorughout the day when he himself is incapable of even typing a mail to his boss and you have to do all the stuff and all your stuff as well ....... :(

Storm
8th December 2006, 09:35
well it might be harassment but you always have a choice...

a) dont take his crap
b) get another job

555-04Q2
8th December 2006, 09:52
Harsha,

The next time he asks for coffee, spike it with half a bottle of Brooklax. That will show him who's boss ;)

P.S. I have learnt quickly in my short 29 years on this planet that you dont take sh!t from nobody. Stand up for yourself and let him know you are unhappy with his conduct. If he is not the senior manager or boss, take it up with his superiors.

LotusElise
8th December 2006, 10:30
It sounds like he is incompetent at his job. Find a way of letting his superiors know this. 555 is right, life is too short to let other people give you sh!t.

Dave B
8th December 2006, 10:47
the manager continuously harrases you thorughout the day when he himself is incapable of even typing a mail to his boss and you have to do all the stuff and all your stuff as well ....... :(

In theory you should have been given a job description which sets out the scope of what your role involves. If your boss is piling on additional crap without your consent then you've every right to take exception.

However, be very careful how you deal with it. Having a rant won't help, you need to find your company's grievance procedure and make sure you follow it. Put your concerns in writing, so that there's a record. Ask colleagues if they feel the same and if they'll join you. Strength in numbers, and all that.

Sadly thogh, sometimes the atmosphere can become so bad that maybe looking for another job is the way to go. It shouldn't ever have to come to that, but in reality it's occasionally the way to go.

Best of luck :)

Ian McC
8th December 2006, 15:55
Good advice there Dave

schmenke
8th December 2006, 15:59
Careful when using the word "harrassment".

harsha
9th December 2006, 15:21
i really don't mind doing the extra work but what i hate is handing my extra work or not being able to do my duties at the expense of his....i don't see how that moron got to be a manager without knowing how to type an email