PDA

View Full Version : Hair and getting old.

slinkster
29th May 2010, 13:33
You only realise how important hair is when it starts changing of it's own accord.

My bloke's noticed his hair thinning slightly... it's noticably thinner but there's no bald patches or anything. He's always had pretty thick hair so I think he'll thin but not go bald, which I just can't even picture. We're both 27... but it's a reminder that we're actually going to age which is a bit scary.

It'll be wrinkles next... :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
29th May 2010, 14:46
I've been told that you are at your peak when you are around 21, which is kind of depressing that it isn't going to get any better and only go downhill from now on.

slinkster
29th May 2010, 19:20
It's a horrible thing losing your hair. I hope it doesn't happen to me... thin hair runs in my family too. :(

Eki
29th May 2010, 20:04
Don't worry. Everyone loves a Wrinkly.

Bob Riebe
29th May 2010, 20:19
You only realise how important hair is when it starts changing of it's own accord.

My bloke's noticed his hair thinning slightly... it's noticably thinner but there's no bald patches or anything. He's always had pretty thick hair so I think he'll thin but not go bald, which I just can't even picture. We're both 27... but it's a reminder that we're actually going to age which is a bit scary.

I would have a check-up if I were him, when I was extremely ill fifteen years ago, my hair thinned out a good bit, and continued after I was "well".

I went to a pharmacist and he told me what to take to get the hair back which worked.
He said it was a combination of pain killers and the illness that did it to me, but he said mainly the illness. (not cancer, and I did not even go to a doctor till I was on deaths door. They operated the day I went in.)

Hazell B
1st June 2010, 16:04
Don't worry. Everyone loves a Wrinkly.

:rotflmao:

Jon, men at their peak from about 17 to 25, while women get to their physical best from the late twenties to 40. Always makes me smile, that one :p :

Men losing hair doesn't matter Slinky. Just look at Bruce Willis ;)

Roamy
1st June 2010, 17:19
Don't worry Slinky - as you grow older it is not the number of hairs it is the numbers in your wallet :)

gloomyDAY
1st June 2010, 18:13
As long as you don't get fat, then it's all good.

fandango
1st June 2010, 20:02

So it goes.

And what do you mean "going to age"?

Mark in Oshawa
1st June 2010, 20:22
27? Hell, I got socks THAT old....
Try 45 Slinkster...then you think, hey, I had a great time, and I am going to enjoy what I have left...at some point, you just don't get upset about it. It took me til about 43 or so to think that way. Turning 40 depressed the heck out of me...

As for my hair, Well it changed colour to 50% gray, and thinned out something quick in the last 5 years, but that too is life. I don't FEEL old so that is what really counts. If your man is still as frisky mentally as he was 3 years ago, don't sweat the hair thinning....

slinkster
3rd June 2010, 19:07
Y'see neither of us minds going grey or white... it's having none at all that's the worry! I hear many women say that they feel so much more secure and happy with their bodies when they're older- and I'm looking forward to that sort of freedom actually. And hey, Johnny Depp is in his 40's and ... well... enough said I guess eh Hazell? ;)

Mentally I am still 19 and I think I always will be. :) If all my hair falls out I'll get a pink wig.

Roamy
4th June 2010, 03:49
As long as you don't get fat, then it's all good.

No fat is just relevant to your wallet!!

Hazell B
8th June 2010, 10:34
Johnny Depp is in his 40's and ... well... enough said I guess eh Hazell? ;)

Good point, well made :)

If all my hair falls out I'll get a pink wig.

No, you'll get a wig to match each of your twenty Radley handbags .... then you'll moan about people on the train with loud mobile chatter as all intelligent 40something's do ;)

Remember The Breakfast Club? "When you grow old, your heart dies" ....

markabilly
8th June 2010, 12:33
I've been told that you are at your peak when you are around 21, which is kind of depressing that it isn't going to get any better and only go downhill from now on.
my grand dad said it was 25 in mental, phyiscal and emotional maturity and much like a roller coaster as you get closer and closer to the top, the "improvements" of mental and physical abilities get less and less...then after 25, things start to go downhill, just a little bit at first--such that you really dont notice, until even past 30, but it gets a little faster, by 40 it gets a little more faster, and by 50 you really do not want to know...... :(

Funny is how time speeds up, as I will say a couple of years ago, something happened, and someone will point out, you mean in 1990...how could i remember that....Why that was two years before i was born......and i think oh, STFU