PDA

View Full Version : AMR "equalize engines or were not racing "

harvick#1
27th May 2010, 23:07
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83908

Thank you Aston Martin, finally a team wants to have the rules for the Diesels to be on par with the gasoline engines.

hopefully other will come follow suit to asking for the equalization.

AndyRAC
28th May 2010, 08:22
Quite agree, what's the point in competing when you've no chance of winning. The Diesels are faster, and more fuel efficient - shouldn't it be one or the other? I'm starting to get tired of Audi v Peugeot.....we need others to join in the fight.

wbcobrar
11th July 2010, 16:54
I have not been paying attention, but is Porsche constructing a P1? They may be the factory team with enough clout to finally get the gas / diesel rules on a level playing field.

ioan
18th July 2010, 00:26
Funny how AMR begs for the rules to be changed in their favor when they can not build a ca fast enough to beat Peugeot and Audi.

Equalization =/= competitiveness, and is only for cowards.

Rollo
19th July 2010, 23:34
Funny how AMR begs for the rules to be changed in their favor when they can not build a ca fast enough to beat Peugeot and Audi.

Hear hear :up: exactly.
See previous threads for further discussion on this.

Tom206wrc
30th July 2011, 12:55
Especially when ou see AMR ONE reliabilty/performance after their few outings this season(Le Castellet 6 hours, Le Mans Test day, Le Mans race) :s
Equalize Peugeot and Audi on AMR would mean No Pug/Audi after one hour of Le Mans, 'cause broken engine, after having fought against LMP2s/GT2s...and victory to Rebellion/Pescarolo :laugh:

Be serious, Richards and Howard-Chappell, FIRST work on your own engine before asking rules improvements :mad:

By the way, do you know that AMR will bring back the Lola V12 to the rest of ILMC race(from Silverstone to Zhuai) ??? It's official :rolleyes:

BDunnell
30th July 2011, 13:57

I agree absolutely with you on the equalisation point. It must be said, however, that at present it is surely impossible to build a petrol car that is fast enough to beat the diesels. This is a more deep-seated problem, unless we believe that only diesels should be competitive, which I certainly don't.

By the way, I hadn't noticed that the Astons were racing?

ioan
1st August 2011, 22:27
By the way, I hadn't noticed that the Astons were racing?

That's because their cars can hardly last a warm up lap.

Bob Riebe
4th August 2011, 06:20

Equalization =/= competitiveness, and is only for cowards.The ACO rules are spec. rules that makes any vehicles as fast, or slow, as the ACO wants them. Being fast or slow in this climate has nothing to do with the normal unrestricted physics of how a diesel or gasoline engine operate; therefore as now written, it is impossible by physics, with the contrived rules forced upon gasoline engines to be able to compete equally with the diesels.

So what is your point?

Tom206wrc
4th August 2011, 15:30
Well, I still believe a serious and hardworker constructor who have the financial/technical datas can make a powerful and effciency gasoline engine that threat the diesels :rolleyes:

Bob Riebe
5th August 2011, 04:19
Well, I still believe a serious and hardworker constructor who have the financial/technical datas can make a powerful and effciency gasoline engine that threat the diesels :rolleyes: You are wrong.
The laws of physic are the laws of physics, and that includes in rules that deliberately give one method an advantage.

If they could even get close, the expenditure would exceed the expenditure of Ford, Chevy and Dodge in NASCAR. Now why would they do that as the ACO can change the rules and negate the value of the money spent to even get close, at any time they choose.
Not going to happen.

kawsarat45
5th October 2011, 04:49
Its give us lots of interest and pleasure. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Its really a good article. It gives me lots of pleasure and interest.Sun is sputtering into the sunset, revealing a a worse than expected loss in its final quarter as an independent company.

led for lighting (http://www.energysmartindustry.com/)