PDA

View Full Version : [IRC, ERC] Barum Czech Rally Zlin 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

pettersolberg29
28th August 2010, 11:32
Huge difference between dry and wet - must have been a sudden storm as very few times between Hanninen's slow dry time and Valousek's fast wet time. Wilks, Mikkelsen, Valousek and Wittman have been punished by that rain - losing over a minute to the guys they were challenging.

noel157
28th August 2010, 11:34
Of course I understand the history between Ireland and the rest of Britain, but it can't be that hard for you to understand that to everyone outside of GB and Ireland, we are one and the same. As an example, the BBC feature Irish news and sport on thier channels - they don't show French sport or any other country. Socially, we are similar and have an affinity for each other (at least in my experience).

Anyway - agree to disagree and back to IRC :)

If you're an example of what your education produces, not much hope.
Good thing we're not talking about Baltic or Scandinavian or Benelux countries, you'd be flamed beyond recognition.

As said would've thought McShea would have the edge on Cronin but the young Cork driver is doing very well for his first real IRC event (not counting Scotland and the Punto).
And good to see Bouffier doing a better job than Ogier and Sarrazin.

bt52b
28th August 2010, 11:39
How many s/km is the Proton off the pace of the Skoda?

noel157
28th August 2010, 11:42
How many s/km is the Proton off the pace of the Skoda?

Was 4 sec / km, now down to 2 secs / km or so. But long way to go.

noel157
28th August 2010, 11:44
The past 15 years have shown that you are out of date! This is an international forum, its understandable that if the inhabitants of a country cant keep up/understand its politics then how on earth can foreigners?

Back to topic, great early pace from Cronin(which I guess started your discussion) but what about Pech, home event sure but in a GpN its a fantastic performance so far

The past 6 months show that you are a long way from the real world.
This is too OT, back to Zlin. Pech is indeed showing what a good pilot can do.

noel157
28th August 2010, 11:56
Was 4 sec / km, now down to 2 secs / km or so. But long way to go.

Looking at the times again Cronin is nearer 1 sec / Km away from the pace now. If he can maintain that it'll be a good run for him but as I said, long way to go.

Sulland
28th August 2010, 12:08
To bad that the changing weather has such a big impact, one minute lost is hard to take back.

On the Mini discussion: There is a Mini thread on the WRC forum, but having been to a couple of parties where the different parts of the island that calls the rest of us europeans are mocking each-other to pieces i am sure it mostly humor, but not all..... ;)

For us the norwegians the most important thing is not to win, but to beat the swedes.....

Mikkelsen says they have challenges with tyres, and that is understandable: http://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/

Boris Ivanov
28th August 2010, 12:47
Roman Kresta:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6325/b84d01eba65a7b762f0107c.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4183/b3618adcf4a5f92f872d8ee.jpg

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6899/bf8ff39845a41732d9f36b2.jpg

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 13:02
5 way battle for 2nd place...nice...

Pinto
28th August 2010, 13:04
Im just going to make a quick to these narrow minded comments by these two forum members,im not trying bring any sectarianism into this topic after this is rallying these forums should be no way used for this and i would ask the mods to delete these comments by these two guys.
its a typical english person when your doing well your british but when things are going not so well you just irish

Irish = British to me ;)

It depends how desperate Mini are for a British/Irish driver - possibly as a 3rd car for publicity purposes to try and increase British interest in the sport.

Getting Cronin would add interest to the British press I would have thought.

Irish is basically British really. We're all friends and there is little difference in language, geography and culture.

this irish english thing is an insult to the people of the irish republic we are a stand along country nothing to do with the uk
this is the same as calling some one from canada a american a canadain person would be upset

Of course I understand the history between Ireland and the rest of Britain, but it can't be that hard for you to understand that to everyone outside of GB and Ireland, we are one and the same. As an example, the BBC feature Irish news and sport on thier channels - they don't show French sport or any other country. Socially, we are similar and have an affinity for each other (at least in my experience).

Anyway - agree to disagree and back to IRC :)

your comments really show your ignorance and overall lack of info on the issue,if you truly understood the issue you would never have made those comments and would never have made them on a rally forum

The past 15 years have shown that you are out of date! This is an international forum, its understandable that if the inhabitants of a country cant keep up/understand its politics then how on earth can foreigners?

Back to topic, great early pace from Cronin(which I guess started your discussion) but what about Pech, home event sure but in a GpN its a fantastic performance so far

again you dont go the political route it has no place on a rally forum.

its a sad day when a good thread on a rallyforum has been over ran by two mindless posters bringing political type bull issues in the present topic of the rally Zlin.those topics are a very sensitive issue to us irish hence the reaction of noel157 and myself

i would ask the posters to somewhat redeem themselves and delete their comments,or for the mods to delete and have a wee chat to the to posters in question

Im sorry to every else for my off topic post and let us now go back to what is a very intersting Rally Zlin

PuddleJumper
28th August 2010, 13:40
Ireland and the UK are two different countries, and some people may take offence at being labelled British when they are from Ireland. It would be like calling someone from France a German. It's nonsense.

Ok, that's the last of the nationality discussions, thank you. I don't wish to ask anyone twice.

Back to the IRC... :burnout:

Sulland
28th August 2010, 13:49
Not to put petrol to the fire, but I think a lot of people have a challenge making the huge difference btw Northern Ireland and Ireland. And on top of that some drivers from Northern Ireland want to use the Irish flag, so this one is serious and dont fit in here, even if it is an interesting discussion !

noel157
28th August 2010, 14:13
Not to put petrol to the fire, but I think a lot of people have a challenge making the huge difference btw Northern Ireland and Ireland. And on top of that some drivers from Northern Ireland want to use the Irish flag, so this one is serious and dont fit in here, even if it is an interesting discussion !

I agree, it's confusing. And I really shouldn't have kicked the thing off.

Sulland, next time I'm in Sweden I must come and visit you.... :)

Sulland
28th August 2010, 14:15
What was the weather like on ss6 ? Has it become dryer or more wet than ss5 ?

Is this the homeplace stage of Valusek ?

Sulland
28th August 2010, 14:22
I agree, it's confusing. And I really shouldn't have kicked the thing off.

Sulland, next time I'm in Sweden I must come and visit you.... :)

You are very welcome, and as every American knows Norway is the capital of Sweden !! :p

JHvP
28th August 2010, 14:22
SS6 is more wet than SS2, but not as wet as SS5. In SS5 started huge rain behind firstr 5-6 cars, so Loix lost some time and others lost very much time. And I think track is drying now, so Valda won this stage and also Cronin had very good time.

noel157
28th August 2010, 14:25
What was the weather like on ss6 ? Has it become dryer or more wet than ss5 ?

Is this the homeplace stage of Valusek ?

Think it was raining on some parts of the stage. Meeke ran intermediates on the front and soft slicks on the rear so must be some rain in places.

noel157
28th August 2010, 14:27
You are very welcome, and as every American knows Norway is the capital of Sweden !! :p

LOL.

bt52b
28th August 2010, 14:29
Great time by Cronin, 5th fastest on SS6

Pinto
28th August 2010, 14:31
keith cronin great time there
i have said he had to get out and go further than the ireland and the brc and im delighted to see hes done that and to be putting in very decent times in an underachiving proton s2000

RS
28th August 2010, 15:59
Sounds like Cronin has a problem :(

Edit: Crashed on SS8.

bt52b
28th August 2010, 16:02
Shame. Hope crew are ok and cars isn't to bad

OldF
28th August 2010, 16:13
It’s a gambling with tyre choices know. I watched from Eurosport SS6 and for example Cronin had tyres for wet condition. There were some technical problems in the beginning so I don’t what tyres Jan and Juha have. Some had slicks others cut slicks.

bt52b
28th August 2010, 16:30
Stunning time by Freddy to move up to second over all.

McShea stopped with a mechanical problem on SS9

RS
28th August 2010, 16:38
Shame about the Protons but a much stronger day for them. Cronin's pace was quite good and McShea made it to the end of the day before his problem struck.

noel157
28th August 2010, 16:50
Read elsewhere that Cronin ended up near a river bed and suffered a damaged hand/wrist.

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 16:57
ingonre this my browser is allergic to fins and didn't have hanninen on stage times the first time i checked....

pettersolberg29
28th August 2010, 17:18
those topics are a very sensitive issue to us irish hence the reaction of noel157 and myself
Im sorry to every else for my off topic post and let us now go back to what is a very intersting Rally Zlin

Pinto and Noel - I honestly apologise for what I said if I offended you. What I was saying was just an off the cuff remark and I didn't mean to cause offence, and I admit I was a bit thoughtless in bringing it up. I am not ignorant to the issue, but I was careless in my wording and do apologise. I hope neither of you will hold it against me.

Ok, that's the last of the nationality discussions, thank you. I don't wish to ask anyone twice.

Back to the IRC... :burnout:

Sorry Puddlejumper, but I wanted to get that off my chest so that it doesn't hang around. Sorry to bring it up again but I'd hate to think something I said was causing so much offence without being able to apologise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the rally - the last stage sets up a good last day. Loix on a charge could be interesting, although I still expect Kopecky to win the rally. I'm pleasantly suprised by the Proton's pace, but especially Cronin who looks like the real deal. Mikkelsen has also been quite good - if it wasn't for the rain on SS4 which hit him but not the drivers before him then he'd be challenging for top 5.

noel157
28th August 2010, 18:27
No worries PS29.

Wim_Impreza
28th August 2010, 18:28
Shame about the Protons but a much stronger day for them. Cronin's pace was quite good and McShea made it to the end of the day before his problem struck.

Quite good? Cronin's pace was excellent and for me he was the surprise of the day. I think it was his first event in a Proton and also one of his first rallies outside the UK, Ireland and Scotland. Recent he won his first rally in the BRC, did very good times in NORF and is also very young.

bt52b
28th August 2010, 18:38
Quite good? Cronin's pace was excellent and for me he was the surprise of the day. I think it was his first event in a Proton and also one of his first rallies outside the UK, Ireland and Scotland. Recent he won his first rally in the BRC, did very good times in NORF and is also very young.

Think your mixing up Keith Cronin and Craig Breen ;)

Wim_Impreza
28th August 2010, 18:59
Think your mixing up Keith Cronin and Craig Breen ;)

Oops, indeed. Sorry.

Allar
28th August 2010, 19:02
What happend With Karl Kruuda??

zajic
28th August 2010, 19:21
Rainy ceremonial start, night stage in the streets of Zlín and todays leg in my photos here ;-)
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=773&startpos=0&fseason=&fcat=&fauthor=&ftxt=

Wim_Impreza
28th August 2010, 19:37
What happend With Karl Kruuda??

Accident.

Wim_Impreza
28th August 2010, 19:58
Rainy ceremonial start, night stage in the streets of Zlín and todays leg in my photos here ;-)
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=773&startpos=0&fseason=&fcat=&fauthor=&ftxt=

Great photos. :)

chris16valve
28th August 2010, 20:26
keith cronin went off on a bad gravel patch .the gravel was pulled out by cars before keith and the first run tru the stage,keith had no gravel crew to warn him .pity great drive

Allar
28th August 2010, 21:08
Accident.

I know that Kruuda crashed, but i heard that hes car was on fire.

Boris Ivanov
28th August 2010, 21:15
Kresta's crash: http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/videoportal_show.php?idvideo=6328&title=roman-kresta-crash-barum-rally-2010

Bartek
28th August 2010, 22:03
Neuville crash: http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/videoportal_show.php?idvideo=6327&title=barum-rally-2010-neuvillova-havarie-na-semetine

How can i watch videos from mediasport.cz if i'm not from Czech Republic? Today i'v been two times in Semetin, great driving Cronin, Bouffier, Kresta at first stage, Abbring.

Weather is difficult for drivers and bad for people to watch, but nice for actions. People in Czech are very nice, no problems with anything. I think tomorrow will be great rally, Bouffier will attack Loix and Kopecky and Meeke must fight with other drivers if he want do something in overall standing.

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 22:24
very dangerous accident by Kresta

noel157
28th August 2010, 23:23
Neuville crash: http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/videoportal_show.php?idvideo=6327&title=barum-rally-2010-neuvillova-havarie-na-semetine

How can i watch videos from mediasport.cz if i'm not from Czech Republic?

Works for me with Chrome.

John V
28th August 2010, 23:46
How can i watch videos from mediasport.cz if i'm not from Czech Republic?

Sorry for that, but this is because TV rights for ISC by Eurosport. As the our Mediasport MMCR event as well, CZ users can watch this. Try to find and use some CZ proxy, only this way possible I suppose.

If you want to listen driver's comments, go to http://www.autosport.cz and on right side enter login/password (JMENO/HESLO) : ircradio/barum
then use this link: http://www.autosport.cz/zavody/audio.php?id=785 (and combo selector 'kategorie' then).

Next one's will be available after regrouping of 2nd Leg, then from finish.

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 23:55
mediasport is agreat site...the only bad thing is that now you cannot download the videos anymore :(

noel157
28th August 2010, 23:56
Nouvelle crash from behind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNCknyozng

noel157
29th August 2010, 00:02
Is this an official chicane or spectator barriers or are these guys putting beer kegs or barrels on the stage? Not sure what happened to the Swift but look at 0.56 secs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsspDZCGg8

Pinto
29th August 2010, 01:42
Pinto and Noel - I honestly apologise for what I said if I offended you. What I was saying was just an off the cuff remark and I didn't mean to cause offence, and I admit I was a bit thoughtless in bringing it up. I am not ignorant to the issue, but I was careless in my wording and do apologise. I hope neither of you will hold it against me.

Sorry Puddlejumper, but I wanted to get that off my chest so that it doesn't hang around. Sorry to bring it up again but I'd hate to think something I said was causing so much offence without being able to apologise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the rally - the last stage sets up a good last day. Loix on a charge could be interesting, although I still expect Kopecky to win the rally. I'm pleasantly suprised by the Proton's pace, but especially Cronin who looks like the real deal. Mikkelsen has also been quite good - if it wasn't for the rain on SS4 which hit him but not the drivers before him then he'd be challenging for top 5.

good to see your man enough to admit your wrong and no i will not be holding it against you,
what i like about this forum these sort of localised phobias do not come into discussions.and should never rallying is a good sport with good people.

pity to see keith out but i think this weekend was a very good exercise in his carrer and it has gave him good exposure outside ireland and england,maybe chris mellors will give him another shot at the proton,maybe scotland perhaps.

bluuford
29th August 2010, 06:21
I know that Kruuda crashed, but i heard that hes car was on fire.

I heard that Ondrej Blatšak spun in front of him in 5th gear corner and there was no warning and Kruuda did not see him and hit his car in high speed. Back end of the car got slightly fire.

John V
29th August 2010, 06:35
Is this an official chicane or spectator barriers or are these guys putting beer kegs or barrels on the stage? Not sure what happened to the Swift but look at 0.56 secs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsspDZCGg8

Not barrels, just tyres banded together by plastic tape, do not worry. Good morning to everybody, going back to work at rally HQ.

Sulland
29th August 2010, 07:41
Good morning SS10 is live, how is the weather today - still raining ?

Wim_Impreza
29th August 2010, 08:06
Good morning Sulland. I don't know if it rains, but the weather predictions gave some rain for today.

Orsák, 2nd in Group N, crashed.

Boris Ivanov
29th August 2010, 08:27
Where is Kopecky????

Edit: He is second on the stage.

John V
29th August 2010, 08:32
Good morning SS10 is live, how is the weather today - still raining ?

So far is still dry, bit cold compare to previous years.

mm1
29th August 2010, 08:34
Kopecky is in front. But Pech`s performance on a group N Mitsubishi is just astonishing!

Boris Ivanov
29th August 2010, 10:29
Very good ride by Valda!

Salist
29th August 2010, 11:25
Here are my photos...

from Shakedown:
http://www.rallyfanatic.hu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=302

from Service Park:
http://www.rallyfanatic.hu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=300

from SSS Zlin:
http://www.rallyfanatic.hu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=304

Salist
29th August 2010, 12:07
ohhh, no. Jan and Petr out of race. :(

source: http://rally-base.com/2010/barum-czech-rally-zlin-2010/?ssId=218

Salist
29th August 2010, 12:29
On SS14...

Franz Wittman: was out of road
Josef Beres jr.: accident

Salist
29th August 2010, 12:31
Stage 14 cancelled due to crash of st.no. 15 (Beres). Other crews will use alternative route.

Sulland
29th August 2010, 12:39
Good time from the Hankook car in ss15, lets see if Fast Freddy can take Bouffier for the win !

br21
29th August 2010, 12:50
impressive drive by bb

Sulland
29th August 2010, 13:12
Yes, but I think FF will take him in the end.. :p

Sulland
29th August 2010, 13:29
Yes, BB had a smashed rear !

darkstar
29th August 2010, 13:34
whats up with boufier now? i dont get it, is he out?

pettersolberg29
29th August 2010, 13:39
Not out, but he needs to do some personal repair work on the road section, so he may be late to the stage perhaps?

edit: currently fixing the rear wheel I think from IRC Radio.

Sulland
29th August 2010, 13:41
No hit the bank and the backwheel is not angled correctly anymore. He is now trying to fix it btw stages, playing mechanic himself ! Impressive if he makes it !

Hankook 0,3 sec of its first IRC stage win !

darkstar
29th August 2010, 13:44
ok, heard it on the radio now, he´s now driving again, has changed the steeringrod. nice :)

pettersolberg29
29th August 2010, 13:44
No hit the bank and the backwheel is not angled correctly anymore. He is now trying to fix it btw stages, playing mechanic himself ! Impressive if he makes it !

Hankook 0,3 sec of its first IRC stage win !

Very impressive work by Bouffier - hope he can take the victory now.

Mikkelsen won a stage in the Azores, but it was a SSS. 0.3s off Hanninen in Zlin is a fantastic stage time. 6th would be a great result for Andreas.

N.O.T
29th August 2010, 13:46
wow...what and end to this rally !!! Go Buffier !!!!!!!

N.O.T
29th August 2010, 13:51
in the results page what the numbers after the ss progress mean ???
http://www.irc-results.com/2010/irc/barum/16irc.php

pettersolberg29
29th August 2010, 13:54
in the results page what the numbers after the ss progress mean ???
http://www.irc-results.com/2010/irc/barum/16irc.php

The order of the cars coming through the stage,. Hover over the number and you see the car/driver.

N.O.T
29th August 2010, 13:57
oh..thanx !!

pettersolberg29
29th August 2010, 13:58
Bouffier stopped on the tracker! Could be a tracker failure though.

darkstar
29th August 2010, 14:02
exiting, exiting!!! is he crashed or not!

pettersolberg29
29th August 2010, 14:04
Bouffier is moving again. Loix wins.

darkstar
29th August 2010, 14:04
ok, loix won, bouffier is moving again...nice fight and my congrats to loix! :)

N.O.T
29th August 2010, 14:05
Buffier accident !!! :(

pettersolberg29
Bouffier stopped again.

N.O.T
Epic rally !!! Cograts to Fast freddy !!!

Sulland
29th August 2010, 14:06
Congrat to Fast Freddy, sorry for BB.

Hankook and Mikkelsen moving closer to the top !

RS
A Skoda 1-2-3 looked impossible only about an hour ago and now we have one, but not the expected one!

Sad for Bouffier and Kopecky, and the championship looks quite easy for Juho now.

What an action packed rally :up:

pettersolberg29
Bouffier moving again!

Salist
29th August 2010, 14:08
Congratulations Freddy!!!

N.O.T
29th August 2010, 14:08
and a very nice boost for hanninens title !!!

darkstar
29th August 2010, 14:12
pretty remarkable is also what valousek did in this last stage, stage win with 55 seconds faster then meeke and took 3rd now. pretty amazing!

chris16valve
29th August 2010, 14:34
meeke only had 2wd

bluuford
29th August 2010, 14:35
So, I came from St Petersburg and what can I read and see. Very nice rally and Skoda has taken IRC Championship three ralllies before the end of season at home! Concradulation to Skoda!

MartijnS
29th August 2010, 14:37
Congrats to Freddy!

Also a great rally for Kevin Abbring after his crash in Germany last week, now winning F2 in another Clio! :D

darkstar
29th August 2010, 15:03
meeke only had 2wd

ah ok :)

Fly
29th August 2010, 15:29
Congrats to Freddy!

Also a great rally for Kevin Abbring after his crash in Germany last week, now winning F2 in another Clio! :D

Belgium and The Netherlands at the top. Sounds good to me!

I remember the 80's-90's-early 2000's when there was no Dutchmen at high level in rallying. Things have changed thanks to the KNAF. Good for your country.
Now I hope Neuville will be mentally strong to reach the highest level. Many mistakes and a codriver who asked Neuville to calm down 4-5 times on stage 2. Klinger sounds very upset after the finish. http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/video/10_barum_neuville_rz2.html

Happy for Loix.

br21
29th August 2010, 15:30
bouffier had problems with water pump during pindula, he was forced to stop and repair it

chris16valve
29th August 2010, 15:43
are the protons doing more irc rounds :confused:

Wim_Impreza
29th August 2010, 16:37
I remember the 80's-90's-early 2000's when there was no Dutchmen at high level in rallying. Things have changed thanks to the KNAF. Good for your country.

Bert de Jong won the ERC Croatia Rally in 2000 and had other podium finishes in ERC rallies in the 90's.

Salist
29th August 2010, 17:16
My photos from SS3 Zadverice:
http://www.rallyfanatic.hu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=306

mousti
29th August 2010, 17:23

Now I hope Neuville will be mentally strong to reach the highest level. Many mistakes and a codriver who asked Neuville to calm down 4-5 times on stage 2. Klinger sounds very upset after the finish. http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/video/10_barum_neuville_rz2.html

Happy for Loix.
He went on the last 500 metres a bit too fast u see that it was a bit tricky there and a bit lost the control of the car.

BTW I've the same problem again with mediasport.cz that I can't see videos because not in CZ. Some months ago I could and now I can't watch it again anyone knows to solve this?

Fly
29th August 2010, 17:39
Bert de Jong won the ERC Croatia Rally in 2000 and had other podium finishes in ERC rallies in the 90's.

Bert De Jong has never been rated high. Nothing to do with the level of driving of youngsters Abbring and Weijs.
I remember him very well.

bluuford
29th August 2010, 17:57

Happy for Loix.

Very nice drive by Abbring and same can be said about Loix. He even has theoretical chances for title :-)
Seems that both Estonians had similar unluck. The first, Kruuda crashed into the car that had a spin in front of him and didn't had enough time warn him.. and it happened in 5th gear corner.

The other Estonian Siim Plangi was victim of the warning triangle. The car in front of him had went off because hitting a tree stump. Unluckily the warning triangle was placed so that he had to drive on one side of the road and then he found the same tree stump and broke his car there as well. He was really angry, because the car that went off was far away from the road. But in the end I think he should be happy, because it was his first ever tarmac rally and today he was constantly showing top 3-5 times.

Bartek
29th August 2010, 18:41
"This special stage was the last one also for Jozef Beres jr. with a Skoda Fabia S2000. He crashed in forest and got over the roof, blocking the narrow road. The stage was then cancelled and the rest of the crews just passed through. They got alternate times. The Slovak crew of Jozef Beres jr. and Robert Muller from the Styllex Motorsport were transported to hospital. According to the event’s chief physician Lubomir Necas, both have minor injuries. The driver has a broken clavicle and the co-driver has a slight concussion of the brain. The co-driver may stay in hospital for observation."

From official Barum website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2IYx9ur2s > End of the rally for Zheludov.

hari
29th August 2010, 19:57
What a great rally!

Some hundred images from the Barum Rally can be found here:
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_barum_rallye_2010_irc.php

http://www.ir7.at/content/newsimg/v/barumfot.jpg

Salist
29th August 2010, 20:27
Photos from SS6 Biskupice:
http://www.rallyfanatic.hu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=307

Mirek
29th August 2010, 20:28
Just came back. What a crazy rally it was! Quite difficult for spectators with all that rain but much more difficult for the crews. Almost every crew had some offs, just some were more lucky than others...

Hats off for everyone who kept the car on the road till the end in such way of driving like the top runners showed. I'm especially very surprised that Andreas Mikkelsen finished because his crazy driving looked like a perfect way to crash in every next corner :)

Meeke and Kostka were off on same place as Kresta crashed. Kopecký crashed on same place as Béreš and retired further in the stage. Here Kostka on video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z87hbd9-PYU&feature=player_embedded

By the way Keith Cronin had 2nd fastest split after first 3 km of Semetín. Béreš was 3 seconds faster than Meeke one kilometer before crash. Bouffier was 10 seconds fastest before crash. Just some interesting moments ;)

Salist
29th August 2010, 20:29
Harald: Fantastic pictures...thanks.

Salist
29th August 2010, 20:32
]Just came back. What a crazy rally it was! Quite difficult for spectators with all that rain but much more difficult for the crews. Almost every crew had some offs, just some were more lucky than others...

Hats off for everyone who kept the car on the road till the end in such way of driving like the top runners showed. I'm especially very surprised that Andreas Mikkelsen finished because his crazy driving looked like a perfect way to crash in every next corner :)

By the way Keith Cronin had 2nd fastest split after first 3 km of Semetin...

Meeke and Kostka were off on same place as Kresta crashed. Kopecký crashed on same place as Béreš and retired further in the stage. Here Kostka on video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z87hbd9-PYU&feature=player_embedded

Huhhhh, it was a realy hard situation...

Mirek
29th August 2010, 20:35
Bouffier's off on quite classic place (a lot of offs in previous years there): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OIL41YyOM

Cronin in a creek: http://www.mediasport.cz/images/gallery/barum-2010-sobota/lg5i1178_33_1_full.jpg

HaCo
29th August 2010, 21:51
Awesome for Fast (Freddy)˛, that is 3 in a row!
Great, awesome, fantastic!!!! :)
This time it's great to be a Belgian in rallyland :D :D :D

Bartek
29th August 2010, 22:01
]Just came back. What a crazy rally it was! Quite difficult for spectators with all that rain but much more difficult for the crews. Almost every crew had some offs, just some were more lucky than others...

By the way Keith Cronin had 2nd fastest split after first 3 km of Semetín. Béreš was 3 seconds faster than Meeke one kilometer before crash. Bouffier was 10 seconds fastest before crash. Just some interesting moments ;)

Also after 4 km of Semetin he had 2nd fastest split, one second before Bouffier.

So, Bouffier had crash and technical problems, yes?

Honza H.
29th August 2010, 22:53
Bouffier ..... At last somebody capable of supporting Meeke.

I fully agree, with a second decent and experienced driver, Peugeot would have been picking up signifficantly more points this season. Talents like Neuville is good to support, but a third car would have been more suitable for him (less pressure to score points etc...).
Unnecessarily lost season for Peugeot....

Mirek
29th August 2010, 23:26
Another huge crisis on same place of Troják, You can see that Kresta was just one of many, just the only one who rolled...

Meeke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uivdaGwp4I

Jakeš: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryT-VXhXweY

Zelaieta Rally Team
29th August 2010, 23:43
In general and talking about what I did see in Eurosport & internet media websites ... Amazing rally like always in Zlin!

Someone has any hot news about how Tempus Stillex Team crew are?

Nothing "important" in Muller Head? We hope ...

Before put some Youtube vids I caught up in las minutes, can one explain me what about the restriction from MediaSport.cz for all the people dosn't life in Czech?

Kresta's crash fron another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIHCj5tRzo

Spectators pussing up Bryan's car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23wtojr_K4M

And finally, overall video with some competitors ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tRfVBFg0Q

Have a good night.

bt52b
30th August 2010, 00:43
Before put some Youtube vids I caught up in las minutes, can one explain me what about the restriction from MediaSport.cz for all the people dosn't life in Czech?

So sort of geo-blocking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolocation_software) I think. Usually you can use a proxy to get around it.

Mirek
30th August 2010, 00:49
Someone has any hot news about how Tempus Stillex Team crew are?

Jozef Béreš has broken clavicle and Róbert Müller some brain conclusion and is in hospital for observation. It looks like it's not serious fortunately.

Zelaieta Rally Team
30th August 2010, 07:08
Ok, Thanks bt52b :)

Ouch Mirek ... It looks like the crash wass so heavy but have some lucky & aren't so critical ... After all, head & brain things are "dificults" ...

Best recuperation for the team!

John V
30th August 2010, 07:12
]Jozef Béreš has broken clavicle and Róbert Müller some brain conclusion and is in hospital for observation. It looks like it's not serious fortunately.

I can confirm officially. Broken collar bone for Jozef, Robert has minor brain concussion. We are very happy that nothing serious happened to any competitor, this most important for us.

Many thanks to spectators supporting our event by safe and nice behaviour, drivers said they were absolutely happy with them. They did many compliments to spectators and organisers for such a great rally. So once more thanks to everybody very much for support from the organiser's side as well! And last, but not least, hope see you all next week here in Zlin!

Mirek
30th August 2010, 11:06
Photos of Matěj Skalník: http://spangler.cz/photos/barum_rally_10/

zajic
30th August 2010, 12:09
Second leg and price giving in Zlín on my photos here ;-)

jolle1982
30th August 2010, 13:23
the places of the bouffier crash its the same place of the kresta crash 2007 on pindula stage??

jolle1982
30th August 2010, 13:24
my pictures of the Barum Czech Rally Zlin are online!!!

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.rallye-magazin.de/forum/galerien/data/500/samstag_303_resize.jpg

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.rallye-magazin.de/forum/galerien/data/500/sonntag_291_resize.jpg

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.rallye-magazin.de/forum/galerien/data/500/freitag_13.jpg

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.rallye-magazin.de/forum/galerien/data/500/sonntag_252_resize.jpg

<<< Fotos Barum Czech Rally Zlin 2010 >>> (http://www.s298227569.online.de/index.php?option=com_samgallery&catid=52:barum-rallye)

Zelaieta Rally Team
30th August 2010, 13:38
So great ones jolle1982 ! :)

rallyelee
30th August 2010, 15:49
my Photos from Barum on http://www.rallyesportfotos.de online

reg Jörg

http://rallyelee.ra.piranho.de/10ba62.jpg

http://rallyelee.ra.piranho.de/10ba100.jpg

http://rallyelee.ra.piranho.de/10ba39.jpg

http://rallyelee.ra.piranho.de/10ba48.jpg

Luis Pacheco
30th August 2010, 16:29
Great pics!

rallyelee
30th August 2010, 16:41
thanks

John_
30th August 2010, 16:48
Photos from Barum Rally - http://www.johnfoto.cz/

Filip
30th August 2010, 17:31
the places of the bouffier crash its the same place of the kresta crash 2007 on pindula stage??
No, Kresta crashed there in 2003., in 2008. he crashed few hundred meters downhill.

darkstar
30th August 2010, 17:32
pictures of barum rallye zlin are now online on: www.rallye-mad.com (http://rallye-mad.com/index.php?site=gallery&galleryID=340)

http://www.rallye-mad.com/images/gallery/large/20624.jpg (http://rallye-mad.com/index.php?site=gallery&galleryID=340)

http://www.rallye-mad.com/images/gallery/large/20658.jpg (http://rallye-mad.com/index.php?site=gallery&galleryID=340)

http://www.rallye-mad.com/images/gallery/large/20744.jpg (http://rallye-mad.com/index.php?site=gallery&galleryID=340)

Mirek
30th August 2010, 18:13
No, Kresta crashed there in 2003., in 2008. he crashed few hundred meters downhill.

True ;)

Nice pictures guys. I love the atmosphere photos from city stage. I personally had a feeling that this year it was the best edition of city stage ever :D

HaCo
30th August 2010, 18:53
Although not a fan of Quensel, I'm feeling a bit sorry for them (Peugeot). They could have had profit of the abandon of Kopecky, but again they made a mistake. Even Meeke could have been on the podium after the error of Kopecky AND Bouffier but he lost +50secs on the last stage on his rival for the podium, does somebody know what happend to him?
This year Peugeot had too many technical problems and too many offs. Three more rounds to go, I hope they will do something about it to keep some excitement in the rallys.

Mirek
30th August 2010, 18:57
Meeke had only RWD after front diff broke (just after start of SS19).

Bartek
30th August 2010, 18:59
I found photos from Josef Beres crash.

http://www.crash-rallyfoto.cz/fotogalerie?i=101

Also on this site are more photos from crash in Barum Rally.

Mirek
30th August 2010, 19:12
Here You can see also Kopecký's car at the same spot after they put it back on the road: http://mikil.rajce.idnes.cz/Barum_rally_2010_-_havarie_Beres_a_Kopecky_RZ14/#

By the way the craziest rally spectator ever :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtGtv0BxVM

And spin by Protasov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRhnpDSpYY

Bartek
30th August 2010, 19:35
Place where Kopecky and Beres crashed is very fast, yes? Kopecky why don't go after crash? In live-results they sad he have tecnical problems.

Mirek
30th August 2010, 19:35
Video by Luboš Lahola (with a looot of offs): http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=10998

Place where Kopecky and Beres crashed is very fast, yes? Kopecky why don't go after crash? In live-results they sad he have tecnical problems.

It was wrong info. He was stuck off road. There was a confusion because he already was off road once before.

Roy
30th August 2010, 19:50
Can anybody help me with a picture of Tamrazov Oleksii? Car #37, a Fiesta S2000

Thanks.

Mirek
30th August 2010, 20:01
Here it is:
http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0501/3/3880/3880027_a760a57b8f9e12b879415b2c06ad0c1c/images/IMG_4974.JPG
http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0501/3/3880/3880027_a760a57b8f9e12b879415b2c06ad0c1c/images/IMG_6124.JPG

Roy
30th August 2010, 20:06
]Here it is:
http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0501/3/3880/3880027_a760a57b8f9e12b879415b2c06ad0c1c/images/IMG_4974.JPG
http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0501/3/3880/3880027_a760a57b8f9e12b879415b2c06ad0c1c/images/IMG_6124.JPG

Thank you!

WRC1
30th August 2010, 21:18
my pictures

action
http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rallye2010/20barumaction/gallery.html

atmosphere
http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rallye2010/21barumatmo/gallery.html

hope you like them

reg

wrc1

Mirek
30th August 2010, 21:28
Also photos by DoN: http://www.rallyphotos.cz/photos/barum_czech_rally_zlin_2010/

Mirek
30th August 2010, 22:11
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVhkBQNOMGc&feature=player_embedded
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/getvideo.php?id=507 (warning 300 MB)

Raven
31st August 2010, 07:12
]Video by Luboš Lahola (with a looot of offs): http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=10998
There is a need to have a payed account :-(

Jafry
31st August 2010, 08:51
http://www.rally-mania.cz/img_news/big/9788_ilustracni_foto_fe2f116f03.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/img_news/big/9788_ilustracni_foto_c2da920cc7.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/img_news/big/9788_ilustracni_foto_f5fb29b1ca.jpg

Photos from Kopecky and Beres crash HERE... (http://www.rally-mania.cz/news.php?id=9788)

mm1
31st August 2010, 09:02
Now I know why Vlaclav Pech was so fast :) http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rallye2010/21barumatmo/2010_barum_girls_03.html

Zelaieta Rally Team
31st August 2010, 09:13
It's amazing ...

Looking Beres cars, I didn't expect they have any injuries but in the reality they have ...

Then you look to another crash like Tamas Turi in his Korda S12B for example and if you haven't got any information of how the crew are, you start thinking they have so bad injuries ...

http://www.rallybuzz.com/photos/Allianz-Pecs-Rally-2009/turi_1.JPG

It's part of our sport but it wasn't "nice" thing talking physical & economical risks ...

Have a ncie day!

Bartek
31st August 2010, 10:30

No, i registrated without paying.

Walach
31st August 2010, 11:29
Yes, registration is free :)

Mirek
31st August 2010, 13:19
First of two crashes of Zheludov is here: http://www.rally-mania.cz/news.php?id=9790

jolle1982
31st August 2010, 15:01

thanks for the info!

Ondra WRC
31st August 2010, 17:00
My photos :) : http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=947&fotograf=143&all=1

Mirek
31st August 2010, 17:28

No, registration is free ;)

Anyway now same video is also on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFoBV5y4RU4

Crash of Protasov: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs388.snc4/45095_156920664318176_100000007317616_532085_19690 50_n.jpg

Jarek Z
31st August 2010, 21:49
]Here it is:

The driver may be slow, but I really like the livery on Tamrazov's car! :up:

Jarek Z
31st August 2010, 22:05
my pictures

action

atmosphere

hope you like them

Off course we like them! And congratulations on your success in Barum photo competition as well! Well done! :up:

royg
31st August 2010, 22:07
Can I say a big "thankyou" to Mirek for all the help & information he gave us that enabled us to plan our weekend in CZ.

The rally was brilliant, the atmosphere was brilliant, the people were brilliant, the country was brilliant!!

A great weekend for us!

Mirek - you're a star!! Děkuju mnohokrát :)

Roy & Martin from GB

royg
31st August 2010, 22:13
my pictures

action

atmosphere

hope you like them

reg

wrc1

Fabulous pictures!

Roy

Mirek
31st August 2010, 22:19
Can I say a big "thankyou" to Mirek for all the help & information he gave us that enabled us to plan our weekend in CZ.

The rally was brilliant, the atmosphere was brilliant, the people were brilliant, the country was brilliant!!

A great weekend for us!

Mirek - you're a star!! Děkuju mnohokrát :)

Roy & Martin from GB

I'm very happy that You had a nice time!

Jarek Z
31st August 2010, 22:30
I don't know if it was already posted here or not, but here is a video showing what happened to Bouffier on the last stage of Barum Rally:
http://rallyonline.pl:84/index.php?1&modex=pnews&&s=29458

Norri
1st September 2010, 08:26
A few photos from Barum rally: http://pravdafoto.cz/2010-barum-rally

MartijnS
1st September 2010, 08:30
Really good photos WRC1, nice cars and excellent atmosphere over there :D

Mirek
1st September 2010, 10:18
Photos from Roman Kašpárek: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11012
And Miroslav Knedla: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11006

Mirek
1st September 2010, 13:14
Two mistakes of Kopecký in his last stage, You can see that the car was undamaged, it just had some log under it and couldn't move: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItgvaSNAwdg

jolle1982
1st September 2010, 16:32
Video Barum Czech rally Zlin 2010 by rallyefreaks.de online!!!

<<< Video Barum Czech Rally Zlin 2010 >>> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gachp5vamQ)

karlzoro
1st September 2010, 20:10
Hi Everybody,

here some video's to "kick off" from the Barum rally...

My video of Freddy's road to (unexpected) victory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJcTKiUtQNc

the other video with action footage of many drivers,
including "hot"moments of Meeke & Mikkelsen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYXGbKXvz1I

i hope you nejoy them,

Best regards,
K

Mirek
1st September 2010, 20:23
Kevin, I can see I was once on same spot as You, just a bit further - 2nd Halenkovice. I was there with Walter, Marc and co. between the trees. Pity that I wasn't able to meet You somewhere...

Honza H.
2nd September 2010, 08:01
Video Barum Czech rally Zlin 2010 by rallyefreaks.de online!!!

<<< Video Barum Czech Rally Zlin 2010 >>> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gachp5vamQ)

A very nice video, indeed! Very well chosen places, nice camera angle, good cut, simply said: good job!

wwbroe
2nd September 2010, 09:00
I agree, very nice video's indeed :)

Mirek
2nd September 2010, 14:50
Another spectacular video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-vfY5A0-4g

Mirek
2nd September 2010, 18:36
Multi spin of three most spectacular drivers on city stage :D
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs367.snc4/44996_1373410258821_1338735599_918432_2860631_n.jp g

Hartusvuori
2nd September 2010, 18:46
^^ Add some fireworks and you could leave the words out, the picture would tell that SSS Zlin is the best superspecial there is. Oh my.

Got back home unscratched from Zlin on Tuesday via Vienna. Apart from my camera breaking down in the rain few hours before city stage started, nothing went wrong. Saw a lot of nice Barum stages and crazy Czech fans. Amazing how fast they go on such worn tarmac roads. Somehow we managed to avoid all offs as well, but that's not the point. Hope to be back in Zlin one day to enjoy the rally, klobasa and pivo!

Also, must be mentioned that without Mirek's help our journey wouldn't have succeed in such a manner. Can't thank him enough. Hope I can return the favour one day.

Mirek
3rd September 2010, 13:52
Cronin...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs310.ash2/58995_1401171995534_1419333454_1003877_7774091_n.j pg

bluuford
3rd September 2010, 20:02
]Cronin...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs310.ash2/58995_1401171995534_1419333454_1003877_7774091_n.j pg

How did he get there? :-P

Walach
3rd September 2010, 20:25
It was very tricky right corner on this small bridge, with lot of mud and dirt (especially in afternoon section). Lot of drivers had a problems there, for example Roman Kresta or Juho Hanninen.In fact, Juho touched that bridge, but fortunately without big damage on his car...

Mirek
4th September 2010, 15:21
Nice gallery of Martin Trdla: http://www.nomaks-racing.com/index.php?stranka=222

And great video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwP8JTL9ZA

Mirek
7th September 2010, 10:23
All onboards are now available abroad!

http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/onboard-videa

karlzoro
8th September 2010, 10:28
some pictures from Barum (±140) action & atmosphere...

http://dmares.zenfolio.com/barum2010

enjoy

Hartusvuori
9th September 2010, 20:07
]All onboards are now available abroad!

http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/onboard-videa

Okey, I haven't been exactly hunting for Hänninen's onboards, but this one (http://www.mediasport.cz/rally-cz/video/10_barum_hanninen_rz11.html) was nice as it had pacenotes audio as well (as opposed to ones from Bohemia). I've never heard a pacenote "blacktop" before, meaning the newer, blacker tarman on top of the old grey tarmac.

Mirek
9th September 2010, 20:43
I recommend You SS8 from him more. It's much better stage :)

Hartusvuori
10th September 2010, 21:03
]I recommend You SS8 from him more. It's much better stage :)

At 1'55" you can see our small Finnish flags on right side. Shame that you can't see clearly on the left side: There was a young dude with a video camera tired from spectating rally, sound asleep while Hänninen drove past. But he woke up there and then...

6'35" is where Cronin ended up? At least Juho had a small moment there though driving rather carefully.

Mirek
10th September 2010, 21:15
Yes, I think that it's same bridge.

Another great video for those who still don't have enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR0IZITgPw

Hartusvuori
13th September 2010, 11:31
]Another great video for those who still don't have enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR0IZITgPw

Removed...

Mirek
13th September 2010, 22:59
Pitty...

Anyway, everyone who likes crazy fast places should watch this video. Offs of Jarek Orsák and Harry Hunt included :)

http://www.rally2.com/myegallery.php?&do=showpic&pid=8424&orderby=dateD

Plhus
10th October 2010, 12:20
Some pictures from Zlín:

http://www.src.czechrallyeweb.net/pages/barum2010.htm

Mirek
11th March 2011, 18:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7vAHCaIrM

Video of Barum rally with retirement of McShea. Also in the end a bonus with big crisis of Prokop from 2009.