PDA

View Full Version : exhaust noise

Sonic
27th May 2010, 14:54
Fed up with your cars flat and boring engine note? Bored of the clanky diesel noise? No worries! BMW is the car maker for you. They've designed a system that pumps the sound of a meaty v8 through the cars speakers every time you hit the loud pedal.

I can't decide if this is genius or missing the point completely. :-/

wedge
27th May 2010, 15:10
I wish I could have those trick exhaust that altered the gas pressure at the touch of button so you could have noisy sport exhaust note or a quieter one.

Very embarrassing ferrying relatives with a bore exhaust :P

Tazio
27th May 2010, 15:12
It's genius in a fake kind of way!
One of the closers in me buying my Aprilia 750 Shiver is the throaty engine tune that is a result of a clever two into one back into two exhaust.
It doesn't sound like any Japanese Sport Bike I've ever heard! :)

gloomyDAY
27th May 2010, 15:46
It's genius in a fake kind of way!
One of the closers in me buying my Aprilia 750 Shiver is the throaty engine tune that is a result of a clever two into one back into two exhaust.
It doesn't sound like any Japanese Sport Bike I've ever heard! :) Aren't you a little too old for scooters? :D

Sonic
27th May 2010, 15:53
Ok. I've decided its a stupid idea as it will make anyone driving one look like a muppet. Imagine you are sat at the lights in your 330d, the V8 sound track burbling in your ears from the speakers, so you blip the throttle - cough bark.....rrrrooooAAAARRRRRR goes the V8 and you smile like a teenager with a copy of playboy - good times.

But outside everyone else just see's a moron reving his clanky diesel and for some odd reason enjoying it. Bad times!

Tazio
27th May 2010, 15:55
Aren't you a little too old for scooters? :D I was untill I started growing younger!
In fact I'm getting ready to hop on it for a ride out to East County!
Lovely wheather were having in PB. Having the same up in the OC? :burnout:

gloomyDAY
27th May 2010, 15:58
I was untill I started growing younger!
In fact I'm getting ready to hop on it for a ride out to East County!
Lovely wheather were having in PB. Having the same up in the OC? :burnout: Feck yeah! I leave a week from tomorrow, so I've been sleeping with my co-workers and downing copious amounts of alcohol. I'll be back until August.

Since we're on the subject of exhaust notes, apparently electric cars will have artificial car sounds for safety reasons. Just seems so artificial. *shivers*

Mark
27th May 2010, 16:28
haha. These aren't new. I remember Jason Plato testing one on an episode of 'Driven'. As I recall it had several different settings depending on what engine sound you wanted.

markabilly
28th May 2010, 02:42
Ok. I've decided its a stupid idea as it will make anyone driving one look like a muppet. Imagine you are sat at the lights in your 330d, the V8 sound track burbling in your ears from the speakers, so you blip the throttle - cough bark.....rrrrooooAAAARRRRRR goes the V8 and you smile like a teenager with a copy of playboy - good times.

But outside everyone else just see's a moron reving his clanky diesel and for some odd reason enjoying it. Bad times!

v-8?

I want he sound of a 1968 FFing1, v-12 ferrrari for my f250, 7.3 turbo mother, full scream

markabilly
28th May 2010, 02:43
Aren't you a little too old for scooters? :D
only time you is too old for scooters is when you been dead a couple of years

wedge
31st May 2010, 14:28
KATBvGl4yC4

Dave B
31st May 2010, 16:31
Isn't it a slightly (and I use the word advisedly) more grown-up version of putting a card on in your bicycle spokes? :p