PDA

View Full Version : Tracy confirmed for Canadian rounds

MDS
26th May 2010, 13:21
I didn't see this posted anyway so I thought I'd start a thread. Paul's in with Honda of Ontario, the Blue Jays and the Make A Wish Foundation.

The Blue Jays and Honda Canada will sponsor Scarborough driver Paul Tracy in this year’s Honda Indy Toronto.
And Tracy’s No. 15 Dallara-Honda-Firestone car that will be entered in the July 16-18 event by pal Jimmy Vasser’s KV Racing Technology team will race in support of Make-A-Wish Canada.
Tracy, who flew to Toronto from Indianapolis where he failed to qualify for Sunday’s Indy 500, attended a press conference Tuesday afternoon at the CNE’s Allstream Centre where the blue-and-white racing car with the Blue Jays logo and “Make-A-Wish” prominent on both sides was unveiled.
“Jimmy (Vasser) and I spent two hours this morning with some of the Make-A-Wish children and their parents,” Tracy said, “and it put the difficulties I’ve experienced in not making the 500 into perspective. Frankly, my problems are pretty insignificant compared to some of theirs.”
Arch Wilcox, vice–president of advertising and sponsorships for Honda Canada, said money donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation during the Honda Indy promotion will be matched by his company.
“Our corporate slogan is ‘the power of dreams,’“ said Wilcox, “which has led us to innovations and new technology over the years. We are very pleased to be associated with Make-A-Wish Canada, which is helping to turn the wishes and dreams of Canadian children living with life-threatening medical conditions into a reality.”
Tracy, who’s won the Toronto Indy twice — in 1993 and 2003 — will be starting his 18th race through the streets of Exhibition Place and along Lake Shore Blvd. He’s got his fingers crossed that he’ll also run at least two more races on the Indy car circuit this season.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/autoracing/article/814403--paul-tracy-driving-for-make-a-wish

Some pics
http://twitpic.com/1qzf08
http://twitpic.com/1qzdnz

In other Canadian news I'm still waiting to see if Robert Wickens gets a one off for Toronto. He's leading the GP3 series points right now and recently picked up Mickey Finn Whiskey as a sponsor, so maybe that deal included money for Toronto with FAZZT or someone.

I am evil Homer
26th May 2010, 14:25
Now that is how you do a livery!!!

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2010, 22:28
Good looking car in Toronto blue....which is fitting for a Toronto kid...

Chamoo
28th May 2010, 05:26
I quite like the paint job, and won't get it confused this year with anyone (I don't believe). I know last year there were enough Red/White cars in Toronto that I had trouble picking them out every now and then.

Mark in Oshawa
28th May 2010, 07:44
Glad to see the Blue Jays trying to spread the brand around a little too.....

V12
28th May 2010, 11:58
Is the show car a G-Force instead of a Dallara?

Wish they were still around :(

Mark in Oshawa
28th May 2010, 23:10
Is the show car a G-Force instead of a Dallara?

Wish they were still around :(

It might be. The G forces I guess are no longer valid or competitive...no one wants them on the race track, but they look so much like the Dallara that even someone who is a fan might be hard pressed to tell them apart...