PDA

View Full Version : Thompson's back in BTCC?

RMLCruzeing82
26th May 2010, 09:16
I could be wrong but was it just for the test or is Thompson back in the BTCC

http://www.btccpages.com/news/1/1834/Jordan-tops-Rockingham-test/

AndySpeed
26th May 2010, 17:07
He was testing in Shedden's car... it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be racing in the BTCC.

Allyc85
26th May 2010, 17:31
BTCC.net's twitter feed said that he was there to help with development.

Would be awesome if he could get a race drive along side the other 2 drivers :D

RMLCruzeing82
26th May 2010, 18:40
He was testing in Shedden's car... it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be racing in the BTCC.

Right, Thought it was odd

BTCC.net's twitter feed said that he was there to help with development.

Would be awesome if he could get a race drive along side the other 2 drivers :D

wouldnt it just :D

althought id like it better if he was with the blue and white team :p

rallyrazz
26th May 2010, 19:07
I wish he was racing in the BTCC again, as no disrespect to Thompson, he is a incredibly boring commentator for the wtcc

thetrooper_uk
26th May 2010, 23:51
Right, Thought it was odd

wouldnt it just :D

althought id like it better if he was with the blue and white team :p

What in the Ford Focus's with Chilton and Onslow Cole ;)

RMLCruzeing82
27th May 2010, 15:06

i forgot about the fords, why i dont know and im a big ford fan :p :

AndySpeed
28th May 2010, 22:41
I wish he was racing in the BTCC again, as no disrespect to Thompson, he is a incredibly boring commentator for the wtcc

His being 'boring' pales in comparison to the annoyingness of Martin Haven!! The man needs to stop interrupting everyone all of the time.

RMLCruzeing82
30th May 2010, 00:27
i forgot about the fords, why i dont know and im a big ford fan :p :

His being 'boring' pales in comparison to the annoyingness of Martin Haven!! The man needs to stop interrupting everyone all of the time.

i think the WTCC need a dos of cox and watson they would liven things up :p

AndySpeed
30th May 2010, 00:37
i think the WTCC need a dos of cox and watson they would liven things up :p

:s nore: Those halcyon days are over!! Get over it.

Can everyone please take off their rose tinted glasses and avoid making references back to the super touring days? It get's a bit tedious...

Daniel
30th May 2010, 09:36
Why should people get over it? It was touring cars at its best

#1JamesThompsonFan
30th May 2010, 10:28
Agreed Daniel, I loved the super touring era. I love the regs now aswell because it is still such close racing. I loved everything down to the commentators. I think Cox is out of place with the MotoGP. Car racing suits his style more than bikes.

Back on topic, Even if it was a test, its great to see Thommo back behind the wheel of a british touring car.

RMLCruzeing82
30th May 2010, 12:29
:s nore: Those halcyon days are over!! Get over it.

Can everyone please take off their rose tinted glasses and avoid making references back to the super touring days? It get's a bit tedious...

Get out of the wrong side of the bed? :dozey:

RMLCruzeing82
30th May 2010, 12:30
Back on topic, Even if it was a test, its great to see Thommo back behind the wheel of a british touring car.

agreed :)

Daniel
30th May 2010, 13:00
Agreed Daniel, I loved the super touring era. I love the regs now aswell because it is still such close racing. I loved everything down to the commentators. I think Cox is out of place with the MotoGP. Car racing suits his style more than bikes.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the current regs, sure the racing might be close but it's not spectacular enough IMHO.

Andyspeed's attitude is typical of this forum sadly, there seems to be a willful ignorance of just how good the supertourer days were. Back in those days you had the worlds best drivers, teams which were of such quality that many were running teams in the WRC and F1 and the coverage was worldwide. All things which you can only dream of today.

#1JamesThompsonFan
30th May 2010, 13:26
If we are still going off topic, I think the only reason BTCC hasnt got the worlds best drivers is becaused of the WTCC, which personally, the life is running its course. Anything with the word "WORLD" in front of it will draw more people to it because it is deemed better that a national championship. If the was no WTCC I could see SEAT and BMW joining Chevrolet as manufacturers in BTCC and Vauxhall would never have left.

mattie007
30th May 2010, 21:30

No he means with WSR!

BDunnell
31st May 2010, 00:15
Andyspeed's attitude is typical of this forum sadly, there seems to be a willful ignorance of just how good the supertourer days were. Back in those days you had the worlds best drivers, teams which were of such quality that many were running teams in the WRC and F1 and the coverage was worldwide. All things which you can only dream of today.

And all of which proved totally unsustainable financially.

Sure, the Super Touring era was excellent at its height, but it was not the panacea of brilliance that you claim it to be. Not all the international drivers to compete here in that period were by any means outstanding, for one thing. I would far rather see a Rob Collard or a Paul O'Neill than a Gianni Morbidelli or an Eric van de Poele. For another, there are plenty of people who would argue — wrongly, in my view — that the Super Tourers were themselves inferior to what had gone before, being insufficiently powerful and spectacular. And it's all too simple to lose sight of the fact that there were many, many uninteresting races during that so-called 'golden era'. 1995 would have been one of the dullest seasons in memory had it not been for the abnormally high number of wet races that year. Almost all the dry rounds were, whisper it, extremely boring, despite the huge sums of money in the sport at that time.

Daniel
31st May 2010, 09:29
And all of which proved totally unsustainable financially.

Sure, the Super Touring era was excellent at its height, but it was not the panacea of brilliance that you claim it to be. Not all the international drivers to compete here in that period were by any means outstanding, for one thing. I would far rather see a Rob Collard or a Paul O'Neill than a Gianni Morbidelli or an Eric van de Poele. For another, there are plenty of people who would argue — wrongly, in my view — that the Super Tourers were themselves inferior to what had gone before, being insufficiently powerful and spectacular. And it's all too simple to lose sight of the fact that there were many, many uninteresting races during that so-called 'golden era'. 1995 would have been one of the dullest seasons in memory had it not been for the abnormally high number of wet races that year. Almost all the dry rounds were, whisper it, extremely boring, despite the huge sums of money in the sport at that time.

I think you're missing the point. The Supertourer days were spectacular! heck they even spawned a series in Australia which is very much V8 country. Sure there may have been some **** drivers back then, are you going to tell me that all the drivers in the BTCC today are top level drivers? :rotflmao: I thought Saint Devote was the forum's equivalent of the Iraqi information minister....

BDunnell
31st May 2010, 16:54
I think you're missing the point. The Supertourer days were spectacular! heck they even spawned a series in Australia which is very much V8 country. Sure there may have been some **** drivers back then, are you going to tell me that all the drivers in the BTCC today are top level drivers? :rotflmao: I thought Saint Devote was the forum's equivalent of the Iraqi information minister....

Daniel, now you're really being a prat. I'm not even going to bother gracing that with a response.

Daniel
31st May 2010, 17:14
Daniel, now you're really being a prat. I'm not even going to bother gracing that with a response.
But how can you seriously go on criticising the drivers of the ST era when there have always been drivers who don't quite make the grade in all series'

BDunnell
31st May 2010, 18:21
But how can you seriously go on criticising the drivers of the ST era when there have always been drivers who don't quite make the grade in all series'

I don't think you got me the first time, did you?

Daniel
31st May 2010, 18:32
I don't think you got me the first time, did you?
You mean I didn't agree with you the first time so why bother trying to justify yourself? Or why try understanding that some people REALLY liked the ST years?

#1JamesThompsonFan
31st May 2010, 18:46
I think this thread ran its course ages ago.

Please mods close the thread before someone hurts themselves

RMLCruzeing82
1st June 2010, 00:05
I think this thread ran its course ages ago.

Please mods close the thread before someone hurts themselves

agreed. asked if JT was back hes not end of. close thred :p